Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:36 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

yeah bad winters in ct lol thats why I wanted a small heli to fly indoors, I have been to florida so many times im starting to dislike it. I also got offered to work at my lhs last year,
Old 08-20-2008, 09:24 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that seems to be true, I have seen many, many videos of 3D flight, but not many of precision flying. It is hard to keep the heli in one spot, almost motionless for any length of time, especially a small heli. I also noticed that Rob at the flying field didn't do much slow flight, but that's probably because he was only flying 4 minutes at a time. Doesn't want to risk damaging the batteries, and at $300 a pop, can't blame him a bit! I still need to dig up that old video from my GMP Cobra days, and watch that guy fly again, he's pretty good, not really 3D, or precision, somewhere in between, just some really cool, smooth flying.

I flew earlier, and had a good time. I flew the Gaui for 3 packs, and the CPP for one pack, and gave the B400 a rest. It was the best/highest/fastest I have flown the Gaui, it was flying very well. Still has the tendancy to "stall" in forward flight, I might post on HF and see what those guys say...the CPP flew quite well, and the motor seems to be holding up very well.

Heli, yeah, you have it pretty rough in the winter, but I'll bet Nick does too...I probably have it easiest, as we rarely get alot of snow or brutally cold weather here. I can see why you dislike FL. I have been there a couple of times, it's just too darn hot for me...can't stand very hot, humid weather for long.

Hope you guys get some nice flying in tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 08-20-2008, 09:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It sounds like you had a lot of fun with the Gaui. I could never stop my CX from stalling in forward flight, but that is why I fly my other helicopters more.

Yeah it gets cold here in the winter. It seems like last year was the worst.

I had to cut my last flight short because it started to sprinkle. Then when I got inside it stopped for the day.

Nick
Old 08-20-2008, 09:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

The Gaui is a blast to fly, once you get it in it's "groove" so to speak. I did better because I stuck with it for several battery packs in a row, rather than jumping from one heli to another.

I can imagine it gets very, very cold there in the dead of winter. It's rare here to have temps anything below about 10 degrees. Last winter here was very mild, with little snow. We are due for a bad winter here. The last really bad one was in 1996, when we got back to back snowstorms, and got 23 inches of snow in 3 days. We had roofs collapsing all over the place from the weight of the snow.

Hope you get to fly some tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 08-20-2008, 10:24 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I thought one of my past snow storms was bad, but mine doesn't come even close to your one in 96.

Hope you can have another good flight with the Gaui soon.

Nick
Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 AM
HeliStyle

I haven't gotten to fly much lately been busy, but still waiting for the new heli to come in lol
Old 08-21-2008, 05:08 PM
HeliStyle

i deff will not be ordering from hong kong anytime soon again lol
Old 08-21-2008, 05:33 PM
evdreamer

Is that because of the long shipping times?

Nick
Old 08-21-2008, 05:44 PM
HeliStyle

lol yeah, its anywhere from 10-21 days and the tracking updates aren't very good
Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

What's new in RCU heliworld?

Not too much to chat about tonight, I TRIED to go flying, but some people with a dog were in my place at the horse track...I waited like 15 minutes for them to leave, but they never did. I hope that they don't make that a habit, it's the first time I have ever seen anyone use that field besides me.

Then, it was off to the baseball field... no go...it is definately football season, and it sure seems like they need a LOT of practice...LOL

I checked a second baseball field, on the way to the industrial park. They were playing baseball there. And there were cars in the parking lot at the industrial place. By that time it was too dark to fly anyways.

Oh well, it's supposed to be awesome weather wise here this weekend, so hopefully, I can make it up.

Did you guys do any flying?

Heli, I didn't know it took that long from China, I thought I read that some of the guys in the Gaui forum that ordered from flyinghobby.com got there stuff pretty quickly, like less than a week? Maybe they paid mega bucks for quick shipping...

I got my new car on the road today, got tags for it. It's great, now I just have to get everything rounded up to fix the engine in the next few weeks.

Hope you guys had a good day.

Glenn
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 PM
renesiskiller

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys,

What's new in RCU heliworld?

Not too much to chat about tonight, I TRIED to go flying, but some people with a dog were in my place at the horse track...I waited like 15 minutes for them to leave, but they never did. I hope that they don't make that a habit, it's the first time I have ever seen anyone use that field besides me.

Then, it was off to the baseball field... no go...it is definately football season, and it sure seems like they need a LOT of practice...LOL

I checked a second baseball field, on the way to the industrial park. They were playing baseball there. And there were cars in the parking lot at the industrial place. By that time it was too dark to fly anyways.

Oh well, it's supposed to be awesome weather wise here this weekend, so hopefully, I can make it up.

Did you guys do any flying?

Heli, I didn't know it took that long from China, I thought I read that some of the guys in the Gaui forum that ordered from flyinghobby.com got there stuff pretty quickly, like less than a week? Maybe they paid mega bucks for quick shipping...

I got my new car on the road today, got tags for it. It's great, now I just have to get everything rounded up to fix the engine in the next few weeks.

Hope you guys had a good day.

Glenn
Is it rotary powered by any chance?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:43 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Not much new here.

Sorry that all those people where at your flying spots.

Good to hear you got your new car.

I got fed up with one of my AR6200 today. It wouldn't initialize no matter what I did. It has been doing that in the past, but not as bad as today. So I put the one from my Belt CP on the T-Rex and it fired up right away. And it also cured my gyro problem I have been having for awhile. So I have no idea what is going on with it. And good thing I did a pre-flight check because I put two servos in the wrong spot in the receiver.

Nick
Old 08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
evdreamer

I also forgot my Outrage battery won't charge up all the way. Right around 12.4V the balancer shuts off. But with my FlightPower batteries they go up to 12.63V.

Nick
Old 08-21-2008, 09:57 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, hopefully those people were from out of town or something, I have never seen them there before. If they keep coming around, I'll just have to get there first...LOL

As it is now, I come home from work, and eat dinner, watch the news, and then go fly. With the days gettting shorter, I will have to modify that schedule a little bit to going flying after work, then coming home for dinner.

That sounds very similar to what happened to my AR6200...it wouldn't initialize...and the satellite LED was very weak when it would blink. Horizon ended up sending a new one. That reciever was the one that came with my DX6i that I originally bought for my CPP.

Horizon does do out of warranty repairs, but I don't know if it would be worth it to send it in, I guess it depends on how much they charge to repair them. I guess you could call them if it's out of warranty.

The last time I sent my stuff back to them for warranty work, I didn't even call them...I just printed the return form, with copies of the reciepts, and the broken stuff, and they sent all new stuff back.

Good luck with it.

Glenn

Old 08-21-2008, 10:13 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I miss the longer days too.

Yeah my satellite receiver also blinks and isn't very bright, but on my other one it is bright and doesn't blink. I have no idea if it is still under warranty. I don't need it anytime soon, so I don't know what I will do with it.

Nick
Old 08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
HeliStyle

nobody has really been flying, I haven't since monday, been soooo busy and im trying to work as much as possible so I can put a $50 dollar spare part order in for my new heli just incase anything breaks on it, Im actually thinking about selling my mamba 6800kv brushless mini-t so I can buy a bunch of heli stuff, but I cant decide if I want to or not lol, how is everyone else doing?
Old 08-22-2008, 11:15 PM
evdreamer

I haven't flown in a couple of days. I have been busy with school stuff.

Nick
Old 08-22-2008, 11:48 PM
evdreamer

I was on Helifreak earlier today and there was a link for some cheap batteries. They probably aren't good for 3D, but they seem perfect for scale flying. It is like a $100 for a 6S 5000mAh battery compared to the $300 batteries from other companies. I think it would make a 500+ size helicopter affordable. Then CPP and 450 sized batteries are cheap too.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...5&ParentCat=85

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...2&ParentCat=85

Nick
Old 08-23-2008, 05:15 AM
HeliStyle

hey guys I have a question for ya, well I went for acouple of flights last night, but I keep breaking the tail rotors on the gws motor, and I can't figure out why its happening, I checked to make sure they aren't pressed to far on the shaft therefore hitting the motor screws. It seems like everytime I have alittle bit of a rough landing they just break into pieces, I was wondering if thats normal or is there a couple of things I should have done or checked for?
Old 08-23-2008, 01:26 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

I think that is par for the course...I broke several tail blades right off the bat, I actually ran out there for a bit, until I ordered some more. It seems that they are quite brittle, and just a minor blade strike will cause them to break. Most of mine broke right at the hub area, where the blade presses on.

I think that the blade is such a tight fit on the motor shaft, and the plastic being so brittle, causes the blades to be somewhat fragile.

The good thing is, that they are very cheap...

Since I ordered a bunch of spares, I haven't broken a single one!

I have never had one fail for no reason, they do hold up well under normal (non-crashing) use...they just don't like to hit anything!

Good luck, and just order some spares, they are so cheap, it makes sense to have plenty on hand...

Glenn
Old 08-23-2008, 01:37 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I almost broke all of mine, so I ordered a bunch more, I need to extend the tail boom height off the ground so they don't have any strikes, they just seem to not handle harder landings and hitting the ground not so well. Mine also break at the hub where the rotor is pressed onto the motor shaft
Old 08-23-2008, 01:49 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

I am using the stock tailbox, and the stock, long strut at the back of the heli, so mine has a LOT of clearance before the tail blades hit. Maybe that is the difference.

I flew a little bit last night, one flight with the CPP and one with the B400. I was very tired, and didn't want to risk crashing from being too tired.

Hope your new little heli comes in soon for you.

I am going to try to fly a bit again tonight, but I have some work to do on the new car as well, so I'll have to see if I can fit everything in.

Hope you get to fly some too.

Glenn
Old 08-23-2008, 01:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That does sound like a great price for the 6S cells....but I couldn't get the links to work, the site must be down.

Sorry to hear that your school is taking so much of your hobby time, but it will be worth it in the long run.

The new car is cutting into my heli time as well, as I want to wash and wax it this afternoon/everning, so I'll have to hope I have some time left over to fly.

Hope you get some flights in today.

Glenn
Old 08-23-2008, 02:20 PM
HeliStyle

yeah Im using the stock tailbox as well, I think I just need a longer strut for more clearance. the new heli should be in maybe next week, But I just got an email from the seller I bought it from that he forgot to put one of the lipo packs in with the orignal package which got shipped a week ago, so now I have to wait for the other battery now to come in from hong kong, Im kinda mad lol but all well what you going to do I guess
Old 08-23-2008, 02:49 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Well, at least you'll have one battery with it, right? So at least you can check it out and fly it some.

It's good that the selller is keeping in touch, and is honest.

JPEE, a guy on the forums here bought a Quark on eBay, and had a very difficult time with the seller, he finally got it, but it took like 4 weeks or so by the time he finally had to threaten the seller through Paypal.

So, I guess it could be worse, especially since you are dealing with someone half way around the world...LOL

I hope you enjoy it when it comes in, let us know!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.