Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 06:26 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RE:

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy
Went for my routine check up today and everything seemed to be going fine until he stuck his finger up my rear!

I had the same check-up done last month as well, what I found very odd was the fact that he had BOTH hands on my shoulders during the exam.[&:]
Old 08-14-2011, 07:05 PM
TooLow
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EWWW!!![X(][X(][X(]
Old 08-14-2011, 07:10 PM
FILE IFR

Let me clear the air here... you DO realize that was a joke, no?
Old 08-14-2011, 11:18 PM
AmishWarlord

LOL, I got it.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 AM
DelRay

I usually just grab the doc by his "privates" and calmly say "we're not going to hurt each other, are we"?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Warbirdguy

Default RE:

If you really want to make it funny, do like Peter Griffen on Family Guy when he got his first prostate exam. When the doctor did it, he ran out of the room crying rape and had the doctor arrested and tried lol. It was a funny episode. Yes, I watch adult cartoons :P Along with Squidbillies LMAO. That one you just have to watch. No way to explain it LOL.

Got fall temps this morning. If it gets a little cooler Ill be dragging the 310 out and get it finished up for next season

WBG
Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM
FILE IFR

Adult Swim! ... Squidbillies is a funny show, I haven't seen it in a while though.

BTW, Nothing beats Family Guy.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM
frankeldan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mrs D.

Send our best to Bill and hope he has a speedy recovery.

Regards,

Dan
Old 08-21-2011, 10:47 AM
TooLow

Had a little chat with Bill the other night. Seems like he's beatin the odds and is becoming more human than zombie! He said that he would log on here in a few to give his recount of the incident and say "howdy"! TooLow
Old 08-21-2011, 01:23 PM
partsfab

Good Evening Fly

My Cessna is near completion with exception of installing twin engine set-up. I really need HELP! I undertsand the single engine concept, however the twin engine concept is out of my range. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, with compensation. You mentioned Charles, the graphic designer. Do comment on what services he offer. Reply to [email protected]

Partsfab
Old 08-21-2011, 09:55 PM
flyme2moon
My Feedback: (1)

Hey, Partsfab, Reports of my expertise are greatly exaggerated, ( to parapharse Mark twain), Also , i belive that you have me mistaken for someone else, as I dont know any one by the name of Charles, I do have a twin Ov-10 A, electric an Al Capan design from the late sixtyies, it hasn't flown yet , Iam waiting for a vacuum formed canopy, for final assembly. Sorry that I can't help you, but some where within this multi faceted forum someone has your answer....Ray
Old 08-21-2011, 11:43 PM
partsfab

Evening Wendell

I saw pic of you Cessna 421, very impressed, you did marvelous job.
I've been searching the forum for a member that can inform me on how to setup the Bud Nosen Cessna 310 fuel and radio systems etc. Wondering if you could work with me on this projet . I have no problem paying for this service in place of your plans. You can email me @ [email protected]

Partsfab
Old 08-23-2011, 03:25 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi guys just checking in before I get off to my therapy this morning, doing a
lot better, getting back to a normal routine in life, "sort a kinda". Docs are very
pleased with my recovery, still don't have an answer of what caused the stroke,
but my mobility has improved greatly and I am back at work on a limited schedule,
taking it slow and easy. Doesn't look like I will have any long term effects for the
illnes.

Want to thank you all for your well wishes and prayers, the lord helped me dodge a
bullet on this one. Looking forward to getting back out in the shop and making the
balsa dust fly...............

Bill D.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:31 AM
DelRay

Default RE:

Bill, great news, glad to see you're well on the mend. P.T.L. for dodging the bullet, a good friend of mine wasn't as fortunate with his stroke. I've heard it said "balsa dust" is good medicine, hmm, let me think about that, huh? Take care, glad you're back.
Jim
Old 08-23-2011, 03:37 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: partsfab

My Cessna is near completion with exception of installing twin engine set-up. I really need HELP! I undertsand the single engine concept, however the twin engine concept is out of my range. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, with compensation. You mentioned Charles, the graphic designer. Do comment on what services he offer. Reply to [email protected]

Partsfab

Charles (Avaiojet) is the graphics guy he has CFC Graphic and is located in Florida, PM him for graphics info.

As to help on setting up your Nosen cessna 310, ask away with any questions you have here in the forum,
as the guys are more than willing to give any advise needed to help you along, TooLow, Deray, 2enginesout,
handyman alw, and many other that are currently flying 310's are more than glad to offer assistance.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:39 AM
handyman_alw_
My Feedback: (14)

Bill,

Welcome back glad that you are feeling better and you are all right. all anyone needs to do is ask or PM someone and i am sure this group would be glad to help him out. I just finished converting one of the three nosen 310's to electric. I have to put a new windshield in it to-nite and then it is taxi test on friday. My wife is going to video the taxi test so i hope to have video sometime over the weekend up on here. here is the set up. 2 e-flite power 160's with 110 amp high voltage speed controls on each engine with two 5 cell 5000 mil-amp batteries in each nacelle and swinging a 15.75x13 apc prop. If i have figured it right the weight will be almost the same as the glow motors fueled up and ready to fly with the only difference will be a constent weight instead of getting lighter as the fuel burns off.i wanted a challenge and someone told me it would not work well that is the wrong thing to say to me cause it just made me want to do it more. as for the cost difference i was going to put a couple of fox 2.4 cu inch gas on it for around $900.00 so i figured it up and there was not $30.00 difference between the two so i went forward. the first flight with this set-up will be in muskogge oklahoma on the 14th or 15th of Oct. at a closed full scale airport. will hope to have video of the flight as well.

Allen
Old 08-23-2011, 04:49 AM
DelRay

Default RE:

Allen, it sounds like it should fly great and I hope the maiden goes well, it should. Anxious to see the videos. Maybe this is what I should power "that other one" I have with.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:58 AM
thisoldman
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE:

welcome back bill. glad to see you are doing better.. now if i get back to my old self i can get back in the shop on mine. this summer has had me down.. Have not been able to do much of anything for last 6 months.
you keep getting better and ill be right behind you.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:57 AM
handyman_alw_

Hey guys,

here is the first taxi test with the electric motors in her sorry about the shaking of the video carol was not having a good day but there are a couple of good takes so bare with us. i never had full throttle on for more than 3 or 4 seconds and our runway is 450 long and i rolled off almost everytime. it came out about 5 ozs heavier than the way we where flying it before with fuel in it so it will be interresting to see the first flight in muskogge in oct.let me know your thoughts when you can. here is the power set up 2 e-flite power 160's 2 castle creation 110 amp high voltage speed controls and 2 in each nacelle hobby king 18.5 volts 5000 mile-amp batteries throwing a 15.75x13 apc 3 blade prop. it is going to be a fun fall for this has been a ball to do and if it is as much fun as i think it will be gee howdy. I know what some of you are thinking that it cost twice as much as gas but i will tell you that i priced everything out and there is not $30.00 difference between the eletric set -up as opposed to two new 2.4 gas motors i have just shy of $900.00 in this but will never have to buy fuel again and depending on how you take care of them the batteries will last a long time . I have the same size batteries in something else that i fly and they are 5 years old and still going strong. anyway have fun with the video and again sorry about the jumping around on the video.

Allen[:-]

http://youtu.be/eMH1isAkXXg

Old 08-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Warbirdguy

Default RE:

I have an electric B25. Just wondering if you have given any thought about running counter rotating props? Just switch any two wires on one of the motors to reverse them. Then use a counter rotating prop. Just a thought. Ive tried it both ways on my B25 and it does make a huge difference. I also found that having them turn out from center does better than scale of having them turn in toward center. Not sure why [] Makes me think about doing electric on my 310. Not at the point of choosing engines yet but your video does have me thinking more about it.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:51 AM
handyman_alw_

I have not thought about the counter rotating props but not a bad idea. i think the problem would be finding the reverse pitch prop in that size but it is something to look into. I will post a video of th first fight around the 20th of Oct when we get back from our trip to oklahoma to do the test flights.

Allen
Old 08-27-2011, 06:18 AM
AmishWarlord

Carol was doing better before you told her to zoom in so I blame the director more than the camera lady for the shaky footage.

Next time just leave it zoomed out. The secret to a good zoomed in shot is to not use the view finder and instead mount a site on top of the camera and just keep the site on the plane.

Also Warbirdguy forgot to mention the spinner along with the counter rotating prop and reversed rotation of the engine.

Looks really good though. Can't wait to see her fly!

What electric set up did you settle with?

Motor-prop-esc-batteries?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:39 AM
handyman_alw_

go back and read my post all is revealed in the post.

Allen[:-]
Old 08-27-2011, 08:50 AM
AmishWarlord

Duh, went right to the video didn't read the entire post.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:52 AM
AmishWarlord

What prop RPM you getting on that setup?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.