Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:41 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

I drilled a hole in the top of my hard hat and used a screw in the bottom of the camera where you would mount the tripod. I then used a nut to act as a locknut to hold the camera tight.
Jay ~

Thanks, but your idea is great...! especially when the ol' lady starts complaining about the velcro covering half the viewscreen on the camera.......

Jim ~

Well hopefully you'll come up with something to film some flights... I really love watching videos from guys ya know, and knowing a bit more about them and there flying skills. I really love to go back for myself also, and see accomplishments that I've made as I progress in this addictive hobby.

~ Jeff
Old 09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
choppersrule

Jay,

Thanks for the information on the Futaba 3114's.. I think I'll give them a try anyway, down the road. I have a few spare Esky 8g's in my parts cabinet. I belive what Vic has said about the 7.5 g digital, will eventually be the state of the art (LOL). And the Esky 8g unavailable.. So scoop them up now. If you can find them.

Gotta run, I have bills to pay tonight, (never a fun thing),

God Bless,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-03-2008, 05:46 PM
theradioflyer

Dave, the 3114 seem to have the same speed and they center well. Please take this as preliminary results and I would like to give them much more punishment before recommending. The servo horn included has a hole that matches the E-Sky hole. I didn't check to see if the splines matched up, I should have done that

Just burn the bills

God Bless!

Jay
Old 09-03-2008, 05:53 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Jay,

Thanks for the information on the Futaba 3114's.. I think I'll give them a try anyway, down the road. I have a few spare Esky 8g's in my parts cabinet. I belive what Vic has said about the 7.5 g digital, will eventually be the state of the art (LOL). And the Esky 8g unavailable.. So scoop them up now. If you can find them.

Gotta run, I have bills to pay tonight, (never a fun thing),

God Bless,

Dave / Choppersrule
Baughhhhhhh....progress my butt. Junk is still junk (LMAO)
Old 09-03-2008, 06:39 PM
choppersrule

Jay,

Thanks for the speed and centering information. Let me know, what you think of them, after you give them the workout. I'm don't plan on jumping on this, but, I've been curious about them for several months. I'll go with your recommendations at that time.
Thank You! and God Bless.

Vic,

Progress! If it weren't for progress, you'd still be riding around with a horse and buggy, or a 1948 Plymouth.. Progress takes time.
We didn't have TV until I was six years old. Now it's that HD crap. LMAO Just be patient my man.

Here's a picture of the first car I ever drove, it's not that one, but just like it. Started driving when I was 10 years old... Can't do that in todays world.

Dave / Choppersrule
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30856.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1025621  
Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Jay,

Thanks for the speed and centering information. Let me know, what you think of them, after you give them the workout. I'm don't plan on jumping on this, but, I've been curious about them for several months. I'll go with your recommendations at that time.
Thank You! and God Bless.

Vic,

Progress! If it weren't for progress, you'd still be riding around with a horse and buggy, or a 1948 Plymouth.. Progress takes time.
We didn't have TV until I was six years old. Now it's that HD crap. LMAO Just be patient my man.

Here's a picture of the first car I ever drove, it's not that one, but just like it. Started driving when I was 10 years old... Can't do that in todays world.

Dave / Choppersrule
Looks like the car may dad had in 1962...(LMAO), cept his was a Chevy and it run like a top. Like all midwest cars, roadsalt KILLED it.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 PM
choppersrule

Jim / Wnuk,

The Super Skids are a good investment, they won't break on ya. Glad you are having some good times with your helicopter. Stall turns and all.. Just be Carefull ! LOL One step at a time.

Take care and enjoy,

Dave / Choppersrule

Old 09-03-2008, 09:21 PM
J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

Go grab yourself a shot, and a beer as ya just hit the 300 page mark on the WHEEEEEEE...... thread.....Lol...
Old 09-03-2008, 10:57 PM
goldslinger

I C.A'D My finger to the bench tonight. . .
Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: goldslinger

Nail polish remover.....
Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

I came across an old picture, and thought of ya..... And of course, my two companions for the River.

~ Jeff

Name:	Ca81457.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1025811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66257.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1025812  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:14 PM
J-MICHAEL

Gary ~

Lol....It wouldn't be your first I bet.... Remember the time back when we were noobs, and ya grabbed that bottle of CA thinking it was oil and started lubing up the CX2............! I'll never forget that, and I'll never let you forget either !.....Lol...It did make for a great static model like you said though...........

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 09-03-2008, 11:17 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Gary ~

Lol....It wouldn't be your first I bet.... Remember the time back when we were noobs, and ya grabbed that bottle of CA thinking it was oil and started lubing up the CX2............! I'll never forget that, and I'll never let you forget either !.....Lol...It did make for a great static model like you said though...........

Have a good one,

~ Jeff

CA instead of lube?.....No ya didn't (LMAO). Real good looking hounds ya got there.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Crash ~

Ya thanks...My fishin' pals..... Took forever to train them NOT to jump in the river and chase my lure as I casted it across the water....Lol...Nothing worse than seeing a nice big school of salmon dashing there way down stream safe from danger.....

Yeah, I told Gary back then to put some Mr. Yuk stickers on them CA bottles......
Old 09-04-2008, 12:18 AM
J-MICHAEL

Arrow ~

I like your pilot ya chose for your Corsair ! Cracked me up.... Definately saw your sense of humor come out there... I saw your vid that you posted in the Badius thread....Sorry about your friends little mishap with his plane....

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-04-2008, 01:29 AM
ssrc30

Well done, just glad to know I am not the only person who has done this.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:57 AM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

Hi guys mike here i have one question how in the world do you fly a cp pro? i can't get anything close to a hover out of this thing help![&:]using my 6xas radio with no improvement just all over the place. i knew it would be hard but man no idea it would be this hard.any pointers would be nice thanks mike
Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Wnuk

Mike-you don't give specifics so start by making sure your swash pplate is level. That way you are sure it's not out of trim as you lift off and you wont have to fight it as much. Patience, practice, and setup are the keys to these helis. If it's doing something specific as you try to hover it let us know. There's a ton of quality people that can help you get it right.

300 pages, WOW! Probably the longest one ever here on RCU! Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Jim
Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 AM
mikey1964

Where do i start as soon as it leaves the ground the nose spins to the left and the heli wanders left witch from what iv'e read is normal but i try to correct and it seems it don't want to respond,i tried reduceing throws to tame it maby i went to far?everytime i try to hover it goes out of control and hits the ground.i've flown every kind of plane and never had this much trouble.the swash plate looks level and in trim,i have a cp coming maby it will be easier to hover. thanks
Old 09-04-2008, 09:51 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHMDQ0tAP2I]Corsair and Extra 260 maidens[/link]

Theres the link (sorry, forgot to post it here! I have also decided to release that damn Hacker motor back into the wild. Just recieved a Turnigy C2826 1350kv thaT will become the new corsair motor. Also a couple of 1300mAh 3S 20C lipos as well as 2 1000mAh 3S 25C's.
The vid is mostly diagnostics because the flights were so short! Thanks Jeff for the pilot comment, I had to bribe the girls to steal thier toys. They never have played with them in the last 2 years but as soon as I showed them what I was gonna do with them they were a tad upset. Funny how a couple of quarters can make it all better
Flew the TREX last nite, it was glitching up a storm. I was doing short passes in front of me and it really didn't want to hold the tail........... same symptoms as the Swift. My guess is that they both have either bearings or tail static issues. I will be lubing the Rex up with teflon spray tonite and give her a good test hover.

Mike........... Not sure if this link still works but there is some good SETUP info if it still does. [link=http://www.bladecprepair.com/]WWW.BladeCPRepair.com[/link]
You really need to have a perfectly setup Blade CP in order for it to fly fairly solid. We went thru all the hardships ourselves and I even went so far as to install a CNC head on one of mine. Any chance you could post a vid of your current flight attempts? I also wasn't aware that the 6Xas would work with the Eflite 3 in 1's. does that have a swash menu on it? I will have to look at the online manual for it and see if that radio supports the CCPM setups.

Anyways, will be remaidening the Corsair this weekend, will get more vids and hopefully yu will see it actuall leave the ground. The Hacker just isn't pushing the plank off the ground.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:26 PM
mikey1964

No can't post any video but yes the 6xas does have cp swash settings i think something just not set right trying to get extra parts including better head if that would help.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Wnuk

Mike-if it's spinning to the left you need to check 2 things. 1st would be to make sure your tail blades are spinning counterclockwise when looking at the heli from the left side. If they aren't then you likely plugged the tail motor wire in incorrectly. Have you replaced it recently? 2nd would be to adjust the 3in1 settings for the tail. I no longer have a CPPro so I don't remember which way to adjust it.

If the heli isn't responding to your correction for right aileron input then you may have "tamed it" down to much or your programming on your 6Xas isn't right. I have a 6XAS myself and could never get it to work properly with my CPP. Disconnect the main motor and arm your heli. Make sure the servos are moving in the correct direction. Hope I gave you some direction to look in.

I did a helmet cam today. Very simple: Take old hardhat, drill some holes to get proper viewing angle, steal tripod mount bolt from camcorder tripod and then look like an idiot testing it in the driveway. I may look foolish but initial test looked great

Name:	Us53509.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1026009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18715.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1026010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71163.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1026011  
Old 09-04-2008, 01:49 PM
mikey1964

No i haven't replaced anything but main rotors, thanks i'll check that. mike
Old 09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

I think ya may have sent an e-mail to me instead of Dave...Lol... Funny thing however, is Dave said we probally seen those planes and I told him I haven't but also told him Jay probally has one...And you do...!!! LOL..! Thanks for the pics though. I added them to my collection. Oh, don't feel bad I still don't know how to respond via/e-mail from a message already sent....I just pm'd him back here....I need to add both you guys to my address book then I know how.........

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-04-2008, 03:52 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jim ~

Excellent helmet cam....! Who cares what yer neighbors think... They'll probally give ya an 'A'for creativity. Hopefully you can get some vids in soon.

I was looking at my Trex this morning, and happened to noticed that the stock weights on the flybar were off from me experimenting awhile back. I do have a couple micro little weights on there, but pretty much my last 2 flights were without weights ! Crap ! I'am putting the stockers back on, and see if its any tamer, which I know it will be ! Whew...I'am glad I happened to notice that, ya think I would but I didn't.....No wonder that thing was wisping all over the place....

Mike ~

I'll try to dig up some more links for your CPP later that will help you later. I got to find them, my computer is all un-organized still from my restore so I'll get there....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.