Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:11 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Evan,

You are correct, the voltage rating for Lipos is 3.7 volts....this is called the "nominal voltage" or the rating of the battery....

When fully charged, and no load is applied, you will read just about 4.2 volts...

Just like a AA battery will read more like 1.62 volts when new, rather than the 1.5 volts it is rated at..

This is a quote from a forum called "Watt Flyer" on the subject...

LiPo cells hold a nominal voltage of 3.7v per cell so a 2 cell pack holds 7.4 volts and a 3 cell pack holds 11.1 volts. When fully charged a 2cell LiPo can hold 8.4v, but the rating on the pack will still reference the nominal voltage. Likewise when fully charged a 3cell LiPo can hold 12.6v.

Hope that helps!

Glenn
Old 05-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Evan T.

Glenn

Yeah that makes sense thanks

Guys

I flew three packs today it was pretty windy though.. I did okay but it seems like I haven't gotten any better in the past 15 flights it's been exactly the same pretty much
Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Dankhead25

well i should not have said anything went out and flew for about 2 min and i was lifting off and my traing gear got stuck in the grass and flip it forward minimal damage but good time to get diffrent blades.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:38 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I flew this morning at the Park, GLENN at the crack-oh-dawn LMAO. I flew one pack each, 400-500-600.....700??? I had two small mishaps. My 500 has a "tick" in the tail. Some might call it a twitch but was random while hovering before I took off. I'll have to keep an eye on that. The 600....well............thats another story. I was not real high and had come out of a turn slower than normal. The next thing I see is the heli sideways heading for the ground. I "think" I heard the blades clap when she was on her side. I said allowed to a guy standing next to me quitely, oh no...........I knew she was going in BUT I did not give up and I fought the controls and pulled it out somehow! It was like my thumbs knew what to do to save it, even though when I said "oh no", honestly I had relgated myself to a crash, but my thunbs said NO. Kind weird huh.

JPEE
Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

You are welcome...

I find that sometimes I end up doing the same stuff over and over too...it's easy to do the easy stuff...I found I need to make myself do things that are hard to do...things I am not comfortable with, so that I feel like I have learned something, and it gives me a feeling of progress or accomplishment....works for me, at least.

Earlier this year, I found myself just doing the same old figure 8's over and over, 'cause they are FUN...since I can do them fast and well...but on Saturday, I forced myself to do more difficult/harder things...not as fun, for sure, but a better feeling when the day was over....

I figured if I don't push myself and try new things, or difficult things, progress will be slow...[]

Glenn
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Dankhead25

thanks for the info guy i am going to get those outrages has anyone tried a higher mah batt or is the weight to much.
did anyone have the link for the heavy duty wood blades?
thanks
jeremy
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 PM
rotarydoc

Jeremy,

Yeah, I hate when that happens, I have had a couple of mishaps when the landing gear get caught on grass or roots, etc...

One of the nastiest crashes I had with the little Gaui 200 was kinda like that...except I was going along at a pretty good clip...and got too low....and the landing gear snagged the grass...and it came to an immediate halt...LOL..pretty ugly, bent up a bunch of stuff on that one...[X(]

I'm slowly learning to fly higher, there's more room for corrections that way...

I havn't tried those Eflite look alike blades yet, but they would pass for the genuine thing in heartbeat! And half the price too...

Good luck...

Glenn
Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 PM
rotarydoc

Jeremy,

The higher the mAh rating, the heavier the pack is going to be...so it's a trade off...but since you are not looking for a lot of performance at this point, a higher mAh rating pack might be just the ticket.

The extra weight down low on the CPP will also add to the stability....another factor in your favor...so it might be worth a look...not sure on recommendations though...have heard people running as high as 1350's in a CPP, but that seems extreme to me...[X(]

The "heavy duty" wood blades?

Not sure what ya mean on that question?

Let me know?

Glenn
Old 05-05-2009, 08:54 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

LOL, I havn't seen a sunrise since the last all nighter I pulled, and that was years ago!! LMAO

Sounds kinda mysterious on the 500...you may want to look things over. Mine was making a chirping noise there for a while, and it went away, when I changed pinions, I lubed the heck out of the motor bearings, since they were making a strange noise when I spun it by hand...

You have to cut/remove the sticker on the upper bearing, in order to be able to get to the bearing. I have not heard the noise since...don't know if that was it or not, but it's gone...

Close call on the 600!! As you know, even a little blade strike on that baby is gonna cost ya!![X(][X(]

Glad you caught it in time...maybe it had something to do with being up that early...LMAO..[>:]

Glenn

Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Evan T.

Oh and for some reason the tail kept kicking out to the right (nose left) which was really strange
Old 05-05-2009, 10:48 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

You were saying it was pretty windy when you flew today?

Do you think it could have been the wind, or was it something more like a mechanical issue?

In a hover, or forward flight?

Sometimes my B400's tail will act strange if it's a windy day, the wind will catch it just right, and push it around a bit...

Glenn
Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Evan T.

It was when I was hovering and the tail would kick into the wind like the gyro was over compensating when trying to fight the wind you know?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM
helicorpse

Hello, Hi Glenn and Nick.. all of ya..
It feels good to be back on back on dry land now as I catch up on the forum talk after floating the Buffaloe NSR last weekend. The float trip started well and ended wet as 5 1/2 inches of rain fell between Friday night and Sunday morning.n Wasn't all bad, the river only came up six or eight feet, the Saturday float was rocknroll @ 9mph in a canoe!! without paddling... heheh.

Anyway.. that gave time for a new project to show up. I've been reading and watching finless bobs tech videos and absorbing 450se v2 build information as well as dx7 stuff... I am sure to need alot of help finishing out the build of this airframe but I'm really excited. That's a nice price on the cpp2 also,, I bought my cp pro a year ago for 147$ but now with dx7 tx and considering buying a ar6100 for the cp pro it's almost like 50 bucks toward the purchase of a new heli, because the deal is that you can bind your tx to the cpp2 right?.

Checkin later... fair weather and good flying to you all.
helicorpse
Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 AM
helicorpse

Hi.. me again..

I was trying to post pictures... with the last post.. it uploaded files and was successful... where did the pictures go to becasue apparently they are not in the post?

Helicorpse
Old 05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
evdreamer

Peter,

Good to hear you had fun on your float trip and that your heli arrived.

Yeah the CPP2 has an AR6100 in it, so all DSM2 Spektrum transmitters would work on it.

Nick
Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Carljw

Hi everone
Been onder the weather a little and havent posted for a while. The weather here in Pgh has sucked and eather raining or cold. Calling for rain the next 4 days. LOL.
It was pritty deacent today so I got the grass cut anyway now its supose to rain thisafternoon.

I just got and E-Mail from Horizon that the EFLH1320 CPP2 tail setup I ordered last June for my CPP is on its way. This will be interisting. I have the old CPP all ready with a new frame and new main motor and got my G90 back on since i got a 401 clone for my B400.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Dankhead25

i figured out what i was talking about i must have put two post togather or something the hd1141 that was the blades i was talking about but i thought that i had read that they had fiberglass coverd i dont know what i was reading maybe had a little to much to drink while i was reading

thanks they also have semectrical ones on that site also
Old 05-06-2009, 05:04 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

guys

I might be getting a 450 almost ready to fly, a guy on rcgroups is making me a deal I can't refuse, and I am going to get a futuba radio
Old 05-06-2009, 05:14 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Wow, sounds cool!!

What kinda 450? What Futaba radio?

Let us know!!!

Good luck with getting it, hope it all works out...

Glenn
Old 05-06-2009, 05:50 PM
rotarydoc

CARL!

Hey, good to hear from ya! Sorry to hear that you are under the weahter....heck, with the weather we have been having, it's kinda hard NOT to be under the weather...rain, rain, and more rain....[>:] Hope ya feel better soon...

LOL, getting your CPP2 tail kit a year after you ordered it...[X(] I guess better late than never!

Hey, have fun with it, but don't break anything!!! You can't get parts....some not until late JUNE !!

Horizon/Eflite really need to work on this....

It looks like the weather might finally break for us on Sunday...keep your fingers crossed!

Glad to have ya back, we missed you!

Glenn
Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I got the first of two V2 battery mounts for the Gaui today from Helidirect, this is the CNC one...

This thing is the ticket!! Much better way to mount the battery, for sure...

I also relocated the electronics, and got the CG perfect with a lot less ballast in the nose, I took out 6 grams of putty...almost all of it. If I had the V2 motor mount, and moved the motor forward, that would be perfect, I see why they did what they did with the V2 stuff...

I could move the gyro further forward, it's got room, but I thought about it a long time...and I think it's more important to have the gyro as close as possible to the mainshaft, than to have a tiny improvement in weight distribution... I have it as close to the mainshaft as I can get it.

The canopy fits like a glove, perfect!

I'll see what the CF mount looks like from Infinity, but I'm super happy with this setup now, and the receiver is much easier to get to now, if I need to...

I even marked the battery packs to tell me where to mount them in relation to the end of the mount, for the proper CG and canopy fit...should be cool!

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89096.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1193493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83435.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1193494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13848.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1193495  
Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 PM
HeliStyle

damm glenn that looks sweet, luv that gaui

Guys I really need help right now I am looking at a futaba 6exp fm radio, I know fm isn't the ticket nowadays but I really don't have the money for a spectrum.

This radio has all the key feature for helicopter setup like

HELICOPTER FEATURES:
Multiple swash plate styles, data reset, trainer capability, EPA,
exponential and digital trims
Data Input Lever allows easy setting of end points and rates for all
six channels
Five-point adjustment with two curves on both Throttle Curve, Pitch
Curve, Normal and Idle Up
Rate selection on both gyro mixing and revo mixing
Throttle Hold switch for performing autorotation maneuvers and
reducing idle for starting
also 6 model memory

I am only worried about interference and such :/

its actually going to go in a hk450

any thoughts on this guys?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:52 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear your new battery mount is working out great.

Nick
Old 05-06-2009, 09:14 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Thanks on the Gaui, it's coming along...

That radio sounds great, all except the FM of course....

The Quark has an FM radio all stock, and I've never had a single issue with it, ever, except for one time when I didn't extend the antenna on the heli all the way....and it didn't like that too much.

As long as I keep the antennae (both RX and TX) extended fully, never had a glitch at all, nothing like the CPP was with it's stock radio gear...

And, you don't fly at a club, so no worries about being on other people's frequency...or them on yours, unless you DO join a club, then you have to use frequency clips...

The features on the radio don't sound bad at all...sounds pretty good to me...

How about the heli itself? (hk450?)...

My 2 cents....

Glenn
Old 05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
HeliStyle

here is the specs on it, a guy bulit it on rcgroups

Specs:
Cyclic Servos: Hitec HS-55
Rudder Servo: JR DS290G
Gryo: Xmhobbies G401B
Motor: Align 430L
ESC: Hobbywing 40 amp w/ 3amp switching BEC

I am just worried about glitching and interference with the futaba fm, I had alot of problems with my orignal cp pro and the fam radio :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.