Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

here is some pictures

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98507.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1193534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt59986.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1193535  
Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Doesn't look bad at all...and sounds like it's got some decent stuff in it...electronics wise too...

Yeah, the CPP's were terrible with glitching, but I also think those receivers and radios weren't the best either...may have had something to do with it.

But, the only way to totally elminate most interference is to go 2.4 Ghz...

I also don't want to mislead you, there is a definite possiblity that the FM radio may have issues...but not necessarily.

I have seen quite a few guys at my club running FM radios on planes, and were not having any issues at all...but there is nothing like a 2.4 Ghz to make you rest easier.

It's up to you...

Glenn
Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Just got done putting the finishing touches on the Gaui...I sure like this nice, bright yellow canopy better than my old one!

Hope it flies as good as it looks....LOL

Glenn

Name:	Li21056.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1193537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx77090.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1193538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37014.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1193539  
Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

that canopy looks sweet on there, that thing looks like a real nice heli. Jealous over here

I hear ya on the 2.4ghz, I just can't dish out around 150-200 dollars on a spectrum, I could get a futaba 6exp fm for about $70 bucks with rx.

Hmmm
Old 05-06-2009, 09:57 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Thanks!

That is a tough call....you might be fine, but, the LAST thing you want on an RC heli is a glitch in mid-flight, especially a bad one...

I remember way back in my GMP Cobra days, that was completely FM...and had very few issues, a couple of tiny glitches here and there, but for the most part, it wasn't a big deal.

It's sort of a gamble...

There was a time before 2.4 Ghz was even around, and people still flew planes and helis...

I don't want to tell you the wrong thing, it's your call...but I would love to see ya get that heli though....looks pretty sweet...

Glenn
Old 05-06-2009, 09:58 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Looks sweet, love the cano color too. I'll be she flies sweat after your hard work.

P
Old 05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks...

With any luck, maybe I'll get to try it out soon...need a nice calm day...

It should be easier to see, that is for sure...

Glenn
Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys I flew three packs today and on the third one I did what Glenn told me to do and took some risks and did some nice smooth figure eights without stopping before the turns and did some banked turns and now I feel good lol

Heli

I support you 100% and want you to get that heli and radio asap I wanna see you fly a big heli and feel what we feel lol it's so fun

Glenn

The tail was good today lol and like we talked about now that I flew again I'm back into the heli addiction lol
Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Evan good for you! Glad to had a great day.

last night I open two bags of 400 boom struts. All four of the rods had the ends in the wonrg place. I had bought these for my home inventory in October last. I called Red Rocket Hobbies and they said I should call HH. No problem has said, we'll send out two set today. he also cluded me in on the CA debonder and said get some of that and try to save the rods you have. I got three ends and re glued where they are supposed to be. The fourth broke off, still 3 for free is a good deal.

After that I soldered on the ES3s to my latest new Rhino packs. That video on HH sites really shows how to make that job easy I'll tell ya.

Right now we have 35 mph wind and tomarrow 25 mph, no flying here.

Later Gator JPEE
Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sounds like somebody had a ton of fun today flying!!

COOL! Glad to hear it, you had me worried there for a while...

I'm the same way....sometimes, I just don't feel really motivated to fly, but once I get out and fly a bit, I'm like ready to fly all day! I guess you forget how much fun it is when you and the heli are flying well...and how addicting it can be!

Great that you tried some new moves, and took some risks...it's kinda stressful, but when it's all said and done at the end of the day, it's a great feeling...wait until you master that first really scary move, like a backflip....you'll be soooo psyched!!

Cool that the tail was behaving today too...maybe just the wind, it can do strange things at times, sometimes the wind is different from where you are standing, and what the heli encounters in flight...[X(]

Great news...now, go fly again tomorrow, and get the smooth figure 8's smoother, and the banked turns just a little more banked....

Have fun!

Glenn
Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Evan T.

Haha thanks Glenn I feel encouraged now lol
Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Good to hear you got to fly today.

JPEE,

Sorry to hear it is windy there. It was a little windy today, but I managed to get 4 flights in. There is a chance for rain on Saturday, so my event might be canceled. I just don't have good luck with the weather during events.

Nick
Old 05-06-2009, 11:18 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

You're welcome, now I won't worry about you anymore...lol

Hope you have more fun tomorrow, and the weather cooperates...

Looks like I might get to fly some this weekend, if it ever stops raining here, it's been 8 days in a row.....and more tomorrow, Friday and some Saturday...[>:]

Have fun!

Glenn
Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

What kind of event do you have coming up?

I almost forgot, I think I have a club meeting on Friday too...

Do you know what the difference is in the Gaui "hi performance" tail blades, besides being black?

JPEE,

I was reading in the paper today about the high winds, and the effect on the wildfire season that's coming up...[X(]

Hope it't not a really bad one this year....

Glenn
Old 05-07-2009, 12:00 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Me and two other people are going to be flying for the Boy Scouts. Then there is going to be a real heli there and that is all I know about it.

Do you know what the difference is in the Gaui "hi performance" tail blades, besides being black?
Nope. They look the same to me and the hi performance paddles also look the same as the stock ones.

Nick
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Nick, I hope you don’t get knocked out of your show for the Scouts due to windy or rainy weather.

Glenn, we will need a report on the Gaui today after to fly at lunch time on the shop!

Me, yes we have MUCHO wind and whopper of a fire as well up 60 miles from me in Santa Barbara. I feel sick for those that lost their houses too. But the Fire Dept said there were many driveways to their home that were to SMALL to get a fire truck up there to save their home, how sad. You build a Mansion and don’t figure on a Fire Truck. Also they said they are only putting Strike teams on the houses that meet City brush clearance codes. Last night they showed a scorched fire truck! The wind changed on them and they had to abandon the tuck and run. It was just scorched but still fully useable later after the fire passed.

Here is just a 2 min short of our wind and 101 degree temps today. It blows then gusts which you can se in the short video. The next door neighbor has ashes in hi pool from the big fires several months ago. The ash is laying up there on the hills and now is air bourn.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZWeGoMEDiw[/youtube]

JPEE
Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Looks pretty windy there, and the fires sound scary as well...[X(]

No test flights for the Gaui today, raining buckets out now at lunchtime....could test hover in the shop, but not fly.

I should be getting my stuff from Taiwan today, which includes a CF tail pushrod, so I'm probably going to wait until I have that on the heli before I do a final test flight.

It might be a good day to test the Quark out though...in the shop...we are SLOW at work. I think I had a couple of batteries fail over the winter, might be a good time to test them out...

Hope you stay safe,

Glenn
Old 05-07-2009, 11:28 AM
helicorpse

Hello... trying again to post a picture of my 450se v2 air frame which didn't happen yesterday. I downsized the pictures, then uploaded the images thru the selection process and got a confirmation.. and then I guess I'm lost because I expect the pictures to show up in the post at that point?? I can't find instructions that go beyond that point, or am I missing something.

Hey Glenn, I found a awesome price on some symetrical wooden 325 blades like the 315's I've been using on the belt cp. Incredible price and the q is as good as eflite .. don't know what blades you use on the 400 right now but if they are as pricey as the blade cp 245's you might look at the Hobby-Wing branded blades for less than $4 right now on sale.

Later
Helicorpse
Peter

Name:	Bz78605.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1193858  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
helicorpse

AHhhhhhh........ okay never mind. the pictures showed up this time.

You know the incredible array of hardware available for this heli is intimidating, especially if you've never bought a single aftermarket component before such as motors, esc's, or other components I would accept any advice or recommendation for this heli. I am going to use a ar6100 rx, and the (3) jr servo's that came with the dx7. I probably have read more opinions on headlock gyros and tail servo's than on other components, but I need recommendations on the motor, esc, voltage (step down transformer?) doh, headlock gyro and servo for the tail.

thanks
helicorpse
Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 PM
evdreamer

Peter,

That looks like a good flying heli.

I like to go for the high end electronics, since they are worth the money. I started with some cheap electronics and soon upgraded to the better stuff anyways. Then later on you can transfer most of the electronics to another heli down the road.

Gyros:
I would stay away from the Logictech 2100T gyro, since I never could get it to hold at 100% gain. Some people on Helifreak have also had problems with the gyro. I personally like adjustable endpoints on the gyro for left and right pitch. That helps if you set up the gyro in HH mode like I do, instead of rate mode. That is just a personal preference on which one you use and they both get the job done. The GY240 and GY401 are well proven gyros, but the newer ones are smaller, lighter, and are more adjustable. I have used both of those gyros and a G90. My favorites by far are the JR G770 and the Spartan 760. The JR one has a very abrubt stopping power and the Spartan stops it well with out me noticing a jerk like the G770.

Tail servo:
For the 450 the popular ones are the Futaba 9650 and Futaba 9257. I have used both and prefer the speed of the 9257. The faster the servo is, the better the gyro can do its job. Another one I would consider is the JR 3500G. Just make sure you have a compatible gyro for the JR digital servos like the JR ones and Spartan. There are some others, but I can't remember the names.

Motor:
I would stay away from the Align motors. The 450 sized ones don't get rid of the heat very well and people on Helifreak have had some problems with them. I like the way the scorpion motors are built. They use small plates on the stator, which helps reduce loss and have caps on the magnets to keep them in the motor where they belong. They also use wire that has a high insulation melting point and the magnets can also handle higher temps than others. I also like the Tonic-x motors, which I have one in my 600.

ESC:
I have used an E-flite one, which was problem free. I had an Align one, but they put heat shrink right over the FET's. Then they put the heat sink on top of the heat shrink, which kind of defeats the heat sinks purpose. It also didn't have a good soft start. Then my favorite, the Castle Creation ESC's. I have them on all my helis. The Soft start is amazing and can be tuned using the castle link. Their governor also rocks, which I use on my 450 and 600. The firmware can be updated and many things can be tuned using the castle link. The programing can be a pain using the transmitter method with the Castle Creations ESC's, so the castle link is highly recommended. Also try and get a ESC rated at 30Amin and preferably 35A+.

Voltage stepdown regulator:
It is only needed on tail servos that are only rated for 4.8V and when using an ESC that has a 6V output. If the output is 5V on the ESC it is not needed.

Those are my opinions.

Nick
Old 05-07-2009, 01:07 PM
rotarydoc

Peter,

Looks like Nick did an excellent job on the recommendations!

Thanks for the info on the Hobby Wing blades, man, $3.50 a set!! That is amazing...I might have to order some just to have a look see...

The pic came out fine this time, maybe it wast too large....the 450 you have there looks nice!!

Good luck,

Glenn
Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
JPEE

Peter, thanks for the blade tip. I just ordered 8 sets for me and buddy.

Glenn, the sub total was $28.00 for the 8 sets of blades. But the shipping was $19.50. OUCH!!!! But the total order for 8 sets of 400 blades was $47.50. To buy that at the LHS would have cost with tax here $113.88 WhoYa!

JPEE
Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Crazy on the fires already down there in Cali. Santa Barbara is just South a tad from my dads, and we know a few people from there with homes... Eh... Most my summer down there was spent breathing the smoke from the various fires going on. STAY SAFE for another year of craziness eh ?

Peter ~

Nice bird ya got there !

Nick ~

I'am also a strong believer in the Castle Esc's (as ya know...) and also think the Align ESC's and motors are garb, except I've been somewhat satisfied with the stock motor, ESC in the 500... But still can't wait to switch them out.

Glenn ~

A good day for the quark ? How bout the CPP2...?! Video please this weekend maybe...?! [8D]

Take care guys.... Nice to see some new victims joined in our madness.... See what ya started HeliStyle....

~ Jeff
Old 05-07-2009, 02:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

here is the specs on it, a guy bulit it on rcgroups

Specs:
Cyclic Servos: Hitec HS-55
Rudder Servo: JR DS290G
Gryo: Xmhobbies G401B
Motor: Align 430L
ESC: Hobbywing 40 amp w/ 3amp switching BEC

I am just worried about glitching and interference with the futaba fm, I had alot of problems with my orignal cp pro and the fam radio :/

Heli ~

If you get rid of this RC-heli now, were gonna have to hurt ya... LMAO... KEEP THIS ONE ! Your cyclic servos will get ya by for a bit, but after a crash or two they might need to have the gears replaced. Your rudder servo is awesome, and your gyro many have had great results and claim its as good as the 401... I have the same Align motor in my Trex 450 for now since I blew up my good one, and it will get ya by for some sport flying but the motor is weak with not much torque, but has been a tough motor through my crashes and abuse with it... And your Hobbywing ESC is also a favored one by a few I know. I know RMG2 (Randy) loves it for his Mini-Titan. You'll have a good ship now, so enjoy it !

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

A 101!!!!!![X(] That looks like weather for the 600.

Jeff,

I have the same Align motor in my Trex 450 for now since I blew up my good one
You want me to re-wind that motor.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.