Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Wnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Tested out the helmet cam this morning. Link is below. Before clicking, I apologise for two things: The heli occasionally goes out of frame, I think I need to raise the camera angle just a touch. Second is those darn gnats flying in front of the camera! All in all I'm happy with the video. Turn your volume up hwen watching as sometimes when I do a close pass those blades are really loud! I will admit to being nervous when filming this. I get that way when I plan to show videos to you guys! Hope you enjoy it!

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLReQxKvb5o
Old 09-05-2008, 03:32 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

Tested out the helmet cam this morning. Link is below. Before clicking, I apologise for two things: The heli occasionally goes out of frame, I think I need to raise the camera angle just a touch. Second is those darn gnats flying in front of the camera! All in all I'm happy with the video. Turn your volume up hwen watching as sometimes when I do a close pass those blades are really loud! I will admit to being nervous when filming this. I get that way when I plan to show videos to you guys! Hope you enjoy it!

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLReQxKvb5o

Jim...LOL, bugs, I get that too. You're flying is about where I'm at...that's how I fly out back. here.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:38 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jim ~

That was great...! The cam worked good...Don't expect it perfect the first time, you'll have to work out the bugs on it a bit to get it just right (Not the gnats...Lol..) It took me a few flights, to figure out what zoom configuration I wanted to be in, and what angle to prop the cam...The velcro worked good on the harness, as I could angle the cam accordingly... The bugs here drive me mad also ! I got some 'OFF' bug spray with deet in it, and it now solved my problem... Crash said the 'Deep Woods Off' works great also, and it does as Rotorydoc on the forum here uses the same and works for him now also.

Jay ~

Excellent link for those blades for the CPP... I bookmarked it...Thanks... I was glad to see they also carry the flat-bottomed ones also. For me, or as I've heard, the flats will provide more lift than the Symmetrical blades thus giving ya a lower RPM, and reducing your cyclic response. I need that, as I'am still in a learning curve. I did notice also when I use my TP 1320mah 13c batt, that it helps the lower center of gravity also. I just never got to the point of acquiring the super-skids. I think it was you that clued me in on the TP batt...Its worked great for me ever since...

Take care gents....Thank-goodness its Friday...!

~ Jeff
Old 09-05-2008, 03:43 PM
theradioflyer

Nice vid and great flying, Jim. That hard hat cam worked out well. Holy Bugs Batman[X(] They were crazy! That's also one nice flying site you have there, beautiful.

Jeff, the lower head speed less responsive thing isn't something I thought about. I guess I just like thing to be very reactive. Also if the head speed get to low you'll get a tail bob, too.
It's always good to have more than one opinion.

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2437

God Bless,

Jay
Old 09-05-2008, 04:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

I only flew with the flats only a couple times....I need that as stated, but never did it... I've had my CF symmetrical blades on forever, as I like the higher head speed for my windy conditions....Besides, I work opposite....If someone says push...I pull....Lol..And not to mention one time the wind snuck up under my CPP, and literally lifted it up way to much, and I almost lost it...To much lift with less RPM's and less cyclic, isn't always a good thing I suppose...Its good to offer the info like we did, so one can choose for himself....

Oh.........You must check out this 6 year old who's been flying for 3 years....In the vid, he's just getting over from being sick, and that was his first flight on that particular brand heli...He flies killer 3-D, and may give Kyle Stacy a run for his money perhaps..... I'am very happy for him, because he's got a great future ahead of him in this hobby....And.....He makes anything that I can attempt to fly look sad.....[]....Lol..

http://www.runryder.com/?v=/helicopt...-JustinChi.wmv

God bless ya Jay,

~ Jeff
Old 09-05-2008, 04:28 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jim ~

Are you flying with the flybar weights on ? I think on the B-400 there built into the paddles ? I was wondering, as I may take mine off... Just not all certain yet...
Old 09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Wnuk

crash-Those bugs have gotten real nasty the last few weeks. I use some "off" but they still like me[:@] Would love to see a video of your Ranger in flight someday if you could.

Jay-Thanks for the compliments. My flying is improving and I'm feeling comfortable in most orientations. After I get that stall turn down just right I will go for a loop. That field I was at is our club field. It's a mile from my house. Sadly, I don't get there on Sunday's when most the club is out flying. Those trees in front of us sure have eaten up many of planes, one of mine included! If you get some time, visit our club's web site www.wyomingvalleyrcflyers.com
I designed the site many vears ago. I was a club officer up until 2 years ago when the time with my kids became more important then handling club money. If you navigate to the videos (maybe it's under our Wings Full of Wishes page, you will find a video of a full scale Blackhawk heli doing some manouvers at our field. Each year we hold a fund raiser to benefit Make-A-Wish and always have a Blackhawk & Appache come into our show from the local national guard troop. I Became friendly with the pilots, they are a great bunch but can't take me up for a spin! The Blackhawk pilot will depoly to Iraq later this year. 2 years ago he was in Afghanistan. We always make sure to check on his wife and son when he's deployed.

Jeff- thank you to for the compliments. I checked my Blade and there are no flybar weights on it like on a CPP. The retaining collar for the flybar paddle does look a bit larger then needed so that may be what you are thinking of. As far as concentrating on flying and not the bugs? I had sunglasses on and that kept them out of my eyes!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:41 PM
theradioflyer

Jeff, That is a great video and I always love the links you post, more please Justin Chi is amazing. His skill level for his age is phenomenal. His dad used to chat @ 3DBatix.com before that website went under, super nice guy and very helpful. This was when he was flying planes and just getting into heli's. There is a great video of Justin flying and the heli hits the ground. He looked so sad and at one point I think he said," It wasn't my fault." It turns out that something broke, shaft I believe, and it wasn't his fault at all, the heli just couldn't handle his ability[8D]

Are you supposed to take the weights off or just move them in?

Jim, what a great club. I love that you guys do the " Wings for Wishes" program, very cool. Nice website. I found the float fly video, that was great. It makes me wish I had a float plane again, there's just nothing like it[8D] Pretty funny there at the end as well with the Landing awards

Blessing,

Jay
Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jim ~

I'am not sure about the 400 and the weights on the flybar. But for a beginner RTF, I would hope they put something there for a noob ! Here was a similiar response I got from a gent here on RCU (Xyster101) he stated this:

Jeff,
I did fly with the weights on in the beginning. The Blade 400 has them built into the paddles. The weights are held on the flybar with a set screw and the paddles attach to the weights via threads. Well after ditching my heli the first time I went to the LHS and they were out of the weights so the guy said the Align Trex paddles would work and they aere like a $1 cheaper. So I have not flown with the weights in a long time. I did notice a differenec, the heli was more responsive. The way you fly, I would take them off. You fly very well and should be ok without it.
So, not sure there but ya might check it out... And on a side note.....Not sure I fly that well to do it, that's why I'am getting different inputs...LOL..!

Jay ~

I could move the weights in, but the stock SA weights I took off awhile ago, and I'am running these two little trinkits for weights... There tiny enough that I really don't think moving them in, would make to much of a difference and I'am going to flip a coin and just take them off altogether.... We'll see how it goes... I'll take it up tommorow A.M. and see how it goes I suppose... Hopefully there won't be any wind ! Don't have to worry about rain that's for sure......

That's interesting on the info of Justin... I sure wish I had started out earlier.

Take care gents,

~ Jeff
Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 PM
theradioflyer

Hey All interested in the HBKII. I think because the HBKII w/2.4 ghz radio and the the HBKIII will be coming out, BP Hobbies has HBKII's w/ 72 mhz radios for $104.50 RTF. They also have the barebones for $55.96. This is a great deal, I just saw it posted over at the HBKII tuner shop. I just routed a barebones my way...you know... just in case something happens to the current one

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V815101

God Bless,

Jay
Old 09-05-2008, 08:48 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Hey All interested in the HBKII. I think because the HBKII w/2.4 ghz radio and the the HBKIII will be coming out, BP Hobbies has HBKII's w/ 72 mhz radios for $104.50 RTF. They also have the barebones for $55.96. This is a great deal, I just saw it posted over at the HBKII tuner shop. I just routed a barebones my way...you know... just in case something happens to the current one

God Bless,

Jay

Jay ~

Your not helping any......(The addiction)...... Do you know if the stock SA brushless motors we have will fit in the HBK2 by chance ?

Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 PM
theradioflyer

Edit! I take the too big part back. I just went down and measured the can and bolt holes, VERY roughly but close. The bolt holes look like they're on, if anything maybe some dremeling of the slots for fit. Can diameter is the same. The SA's stock is a inrunner and the depth of the can is much more but should fit. i would think it's a bit heavier as well but that is a good thing on the HBKII because they are typically tail heavy. I think it's a go. Still a 3800 kv is around $30 though. 25-40 amp ESC fits the bill.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:53 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

Thank-you... You didn't have to go out of your way for that. But I really appreciate it. Well, I just did a small test hover & small flight off the back deck area here with the Trex after removing the fly-bar weights, and all I can say is WOW...! It actually is easier to fly for me it seems. The cyclic seems the same, but the power has increased. I can definately tell...I wasn't even nervous and even got kind of aggressive with it. I think in the morning I'll have my best flight yet... I also noticed coming from a quick run and stopping, it doesn't bog like it kinda did before. And the rotor noise sounds much more free and clear...I'am excited !

Alright, I better start pre-flighting it......

Also just took the Vapor up a couple packs, and even crashed from a good distance up straight on the prop onto the asphalt driveway, and no damage...I'am still impressed with the durability of these things. That 2nd one, I have is still brand new with only a 2 minute flight on her ! I got it for parts, but now I wish I didn't get it as there tough little suckers...

Take care Jay,

~ Jeff
Old 09-05-2008, 10:02 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V815101

God Bless,

Jay

MAN...that is a good deal on the HBKII. I got another EXI-450 on "sale" for $80 to my door, the last one was $114 to my door, so I had to buy it, other wise, I'd have bought another HBKII.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
choppersrule

Bob's

Jezz, you guys are just to busy.. Maybe Sunday I can catch up.

Kudos, to all of ya.. Wnuk, you're to cool. I'll give ya a tip on the helmet cam, Sunday, if I don't forget. LOL Remind me.

Oh, and per Jeff Michael's recomendations, tonight I ordered one of those Vapor thingies.

Dave / Choppersrule
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50580.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1027126  
Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 PM
crashcrash

L_M_F_A_O!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

L_M_F_A_O!!!!!!!!!

You know ya want one..........................!!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya vic.......just buy it!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:14 AM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

Guys is this worth trying for a nowbe looks like a nice heli for the price
Old 09-06-2008, 07:21 AM
mikey1964

You guys are going to get me in trouble with the wife she don't like me spending money but i can't help it reading this forum,going to sell some nitro planes to fund my heli addiction.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Wnuk

Mikey1964-The HBKII is a great heli for learning with. Because it is belt driven the tail issues you get with the CPP do not exist. If you were to get a HBKII you need to get a brushless motor/esc combo with it. The stock brushed motor is junk, lasted most guys 3 flights and then quit. I think the Brushless/ESC combo (get the 3800) is another $50.

http://www.jaghobbies.com/rc_planes/ek1h-e016a_cart.htm

Down the bottom of the page is the upgrades. You will also need to get a new pinion gear with it. They are a buck apiece. You may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere. Just do a google search.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:44 AM
mikey1964

Thanks for the advice and links i think i'll try this heli and brushless setup.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:04 AM
theradioflyer

Hey Mike, I have upgraded the snot out of my HBKII but even stock w/ the brushless system smacks the pants off of the blade CP's. It is much more stable. It will need some tweaks so when you get it, ask all of the questions you have.
My wife rolled her eyes when I said I have the Barebones ordered, then I told her what individual parts cost with shipping.

Blessings!

Jay
Old 09-06-2008, 11:09 AM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

That's when you then point to the closet and show her the 60 pairs of shoes crammed in there..... Gotta run to the LHS for Rex parts...Gotta little crazy this morning with the Trex, but was worth every penny, and I'll repeat it for the rush it did give me....By far my best flight yet... I actually flew the thing ! I should have removed those weights a long time ago.......................... I'll post a vid later....You'll see it soon, as your subscribed...

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Kyle ~

Hopefully those rains will slow down for ya...I've been wondering how you've been. Glad to see ya still at it with the CPP. Your a lucky dogg, for getting to go to that event ! Cars, have always been a passion of mine, and still is today....Being from a younger generation, its the rice-burners for me. I'am a fanatic when it comes to the Honda's and Acura's. I still have my Acura Integra GSR today and still in mint condition....Last year of that generation, and got it off the showroom floor. I chose silver to keep it clean and simple, and love it to death. As a matter of fact we just bought a new Toyota Tacoma ext cab 4 wheel-drive that is silver, and I love how it hides any dirt and such...

I used to have a Crx, and in fact I gel-coated the whole exterior ! Ya know, the stuff on the bottom of a boat...LOL.. You can kick it, and it wouldn't dent along with other plus factors....More of an experiment, and keeping the mind busy... My red Civic was a great car also, but all in all, I like the Acura the best...There's pics below, you'll have to check em' out....

Hey if ya can, get a couple pics at the event. And of course bring your CPP....! What are ya thinkin' ?! Its like American Express....Never leave home with out it....

Take care,

~ Jeff
Yeah I am taking my camera for sure and plan on gettin as many pics as I can. I will try to take my CPP but its not flyin well had a small problem last week with some wind and a tree[X(] good thing is only damage was a mainshaft and servo link now that is back together cant get the gear mesh right and I think I'm seeing the glitches its random rpm increases of the main motor causing jump up for a split second. Nice cars mine is a 2001 Chevy s-10 xtreme reg cab short bed with hard tonneau cover and a 2005 1/2 2.5l VW Jetta and one day I will finally get a Corvette
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55142.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1027420   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93773.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1027421  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.