Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

A 101!!!!!![X(] That looks like weather for the 600.

Jeff,

I have the same Align motor in my Trex 450 for now since I blew up my good one
You want me to re-wind that motor.

Nick

Nick ~

Actually it was about a week ago and I was thinking of asking you if you just wanted it. I'am gonna go Scorpion as you did with my 450 and have no intentions of anything else at the moment. The motor casing looks as if its completely sealed and won't let ya access it inside as I recall from wanting to split it open to at least see inside for any clue of why it cut-power during that backflip. I'am not sure what ya could use it for as far as a craft goes, but it still is a nice little bit to play around with and for you to see what another motor looks like. Fix it up and give it to one of the guys here if anything.... Its just sitting in a bin here at my place, so just let me know. I'll be on later....

~ Jeff
Old 05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I was looking at the pic on Commonsenserc of your motor and it kind of looks like my Scorpion. Is there a C-clip on the motor shaft between where the pinion would go and the case? If so, take that off and pull on the casing that the fan is attached too. There will be some resistance from the magnets and stator. If there isn't a C-Clip just pull on the case and the case will come out with the shaft attached to it. That would be a fun little project, but I don't have big enough wire to re-wind it. The wire I have would work in a 200 sized and smaller motor.

Nick
Old 05-07-2009, 03:49 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

I was looking at the pic on Commonsenserc of your motor and it kind of looks like my Scorpion. Is there a C-clip on the motor shaft between where the pinion would go and the case? If so, take that off and pull on the casing that the fan is attached too. There will be some resistance from the magnets and stator. If there isn't a C-Clip just pull on the case and the case will come out with the shaft attached to it. That would be a fun little project, but I don't have big enough wire to re-wind it. The wire I have would work in a 200 sized and smaller motor.

Nick

Nick ~

Gotta make this short, as I'am running late but I had to check really quick with your instructions on getting access inside the motor and it worked ! There was a "C" clip and I removed that, and then slid out the remainder of the housing with a little force... COOL ! I don't have time to examine it thoroughly, but holy crap there is nothing involved with what's inside a motor ?! I can't even see what would fail ? I'll have to check those wire connections or something... Thanks as usual for helping me ! Nick for president right ?!....LMAO.... [8D] Take care....... I may try hooking it back up after I poke with it for a bit later....

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45239.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1193979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73465.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1193980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67850.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1193981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46327.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1193982  
Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Now l now know my 600 I am sure the wind is a non-issue with that sucker. Crank up the head a bit go gettum. However me, I rather take a napper than stand in the direct sun at 101 degrees....LOL

Peter! a question, do you need to shim those new woodies. AS I read the site they said for 450s kinda leaning to T-Rex. I fly T-Rex red and whites now but they need shims on the 400 so as to not compress the blade grips??

Thanks JPEE
Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah brushless motors are pretty simple and all the outrunner's pretty much have the same casing designs. The motor looks fine to me. The magnets and wiring seem fine. It doesn't look like there was a short or the wires would be a dark color. That is some of the best winding I have seen on a motor. All my motors have sloppy winding, but it isn't easy with all the wires they have in parallel.

Maybe check the connection of the bullet connectors and the bearings. See if there is any wires sticking through the slots of the stator. Brushless motors will pretty much last a lifetime, except the bearings. When you put the case back on hold on real tight or the case will snap back into place. And that isn't good on the bearings.

JPEE,

I just got done mowing in 85ish degrees and I don't think I will be flying anymore today. I don't think my flying field will be too packed.

Nick
Old 05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Jeff,

I'll try to get some vid of the CPP2, IF the weather will cooperate, and my friendly Park Ranger isn't snooping around at the big field....LOL[X(]

The Quark is doing OK, I did have one battery pack bad, and it seems the tail isn't holding as nice as it used to...gotta take a peek at that later on...

JPEE,

Glad you are going to be the guinea pig for those $3.50 blades....I'll be anxious to see how you like them, for sure...can't hardly beat that price, even with the $20 shipping, as you said...

Heli,

What's UP?? Did you make any moves on the heli or the radio yet??

Evan,

You get any more fun flying in today???

Nick,

Yeah, when it was like 90 degrees at the field a while back, I was exhausted at the end of the day....too much heat too soon...[]

I'm usually pretty good with it, but it takes me a while to build up my system to handle it better...

Peter,

Keep us posted on the progress with the new 450!

Glenn
Old 05-07-2009, 05:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks for that info... I did examine it very carefully for any loose magnets, broken connections, anything out of the ordinary and it all seems fine... So weird... I remember firing it back up with both the Castle and Kontronik ESC's and the motor would only put out about 40% of its power at full power. Like I said, I'll snap it back and test it out again and see what's going on a second time and months later... Lol. I broke the "C" clip months ago when I took it already off, but I have a bunch of those in various sizes for my RC-cars so I hope to find a match to refit another one. Very interesting inside a brushless motor though...

I've been tinkering with installing some Hitech servos in the Logo 10 and its crazy, because the mounting location of all servos including the rudder require you to find a spot so the arms are 90 and pre-drill for the location. No set spot like the Trex's... Getting ready to make the holes here in the next few hours. I want to get some accomplished on it so when I do get a ESC for it, I can slam just that in and be ready to fly. It came with wood blades so yuck there... After a maiden by summer, and it works out I'll then get some CF blades for it. After tinkering with it, I'll look over at the Trex 500 and it looks small...Lol... The boom on the Logo is a fat sucker. Crazy... Its also weird that the rudder servo is mounted inside the frame like the B-400, and the new Trex 450 Pro. That will take some getting used to... I imagine it may be better in the long-run but dunno until I try it out.

62 degrees, light wind and partly cloudy skies here today in the Pacific Northwest. The hottest we've gotten so far this season is 71 degrees... 85 degree days are later in the summer around August and such. I like the cooler temps (so do my heli's...) so when August comes around I can't wait for fall to come to escape the hotter temps, but there not to common having the mid 80's and lower 90's... Just upper 70's lower 80's max...

Cheers to all,

~ Jeff
Old 05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

Congrats on your recent flying success with those figure eights ! I love following your progress... Go get em' tiger... LMAO... You'll be doing loops by summer.

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Maybe before when I thought the motor was shot, my pinion perhaps was slipping and I didn't notice making it feel reduced in power... Just a thought...
Old 05-07-2009, 06:17 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

SHOOOOOOOOSH

Now Glenn told me not to show this video to you guys that he send me. But we all know that he flies his helis at work during lunch, well he and the guys at the garage got to horsing around today and this is what they were up to, dont tell him I posted this. No big deal as we all know how many helis he has anyway.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eaiJGIi_f8[/youtube]
Old 05-07-2009, 06:36 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Cool to hear you have been working on the Logo again. You should get some good flight times with that, since it is mostly plastic. Well least you don't have to worry about static discharge with a bigger boom.

Do you have any scratches on the motor shaft from the set screw? Another thing you could do is check the resistance of the motor leads. After you get one reading move one multimeter lead to the other motor lead. It should be under 1Ohm for both sets of motor wires.

JPEE,

I am suprised the battery didn't start on fire, but that was kind of cool.

Nick
Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

LOL, cool video!

The funny thing is, I HAVE a Hirobo XRB just like that one!!

I kinda like mine though, don't think I'd do that to it!

Glenn
Old 05-07-2009, 06:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Good idea to check for scratches to see if the pinion was slipping... I didn't even think of it. I just checked and there's not... No flat spot for the pinion to rest, but also not even a sign of any marks either though. Yeah I heard the Logo 10 had a light disc-loading so I'am more curious than anything. It will be a good lazy slow flier is what I'am expecting. German engineering...Lol... I got the marks set to drill the holes and so I'am ready to head off to grab the trusty Dremel... I'am goin' in, so cover me......

JPEE ~

Lol on the video.... I've told ya before as you've told me also that we need to keep a good firm eye on that Glenn character..... LMAO... [8D] Nice find....

Glenn ~

You know it was you.......................

~ Jeff
Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 PM
JPEE

Hi Glenn,

I am well aware you have that Heli, thats what made this whole joke so cool. When I saw the "garage setting" and the XRB Hirobo, well you just popped right into my head. This was to much to let get by.

JPEE
Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Do you already have batteries for the logo or are you going to use the 500 batteries? I have heard A123's work really good in Logo's because they are so light and have a big battery tray. My third LiPo for my 450 isn't putting out the power like it used to, so now I am down to two batteries. Then I am getting a lot of flights in with the good weather, so those two batteries will be shot soon. Now that the Hyperion G3 batteries are out, I don't know whether to get those or go the A123 route again.

Nick
Old 05-07-2009, 08:30 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

just got my radio

I got a JR XP6102

and a

jr r700 reciever

looks to be a great radio
Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

Do you already have batteries for the logo or are you going to use the 500 batteries? I have heard A123's work really good in Logo's because they are so light and have a big battery tray. My third LiPo for my 450 isn't putting out the power like it used to, so now I am down to two batteries. Then I am getting a lot of flights in with the good weather, so those two batteries will be shot soon. Now that the Hyperion G3 batteries are out, I don't know whether to get those or go the A123 route again.

Nick

Nick ~

Well I was hoping I could just use the 4 Thunder Power 5-cell batts fot the Logo with that Hacker motor and then switch my Trex 500 over to Outrage 6-cells... I really need to checkout some 8-cell lipo's and see if that Scorpion motor can handle it, which I think so and then running a Castle ESC maybe the 85 HV one, but if not just using the regular 80 amper which is 30 dollars less or so but I gotta make sure it can handle 8-cells for the future... I won't have to worry about all this for awhile anyway but good to have a plan of attack...Lol...

You should try out one of those Common-Sense 3s 35c lipo's... I have one, and it really wakes the heli up dramatically compared to running one of my 15c Thunder Power 3-cells... Its pure crazy. I've heard soon Thunder Power is coming out with some 40c lipo's.... That will get things a smokin'....[8D] I'll be sure to be on that !

Heli ~

Cool on the new goodies ! Did you get that one heli ?

The heli in the picture with the yellow canopy is the new Trex 500 V2 : ()

And Nick yer right about battery space, there seems to be a good amount of room... Kinda cool ! I've also heard the MSH Protos is good for A123's...

Old 05-07-2009, 08:58 PM
choppersrule

Jeff Michael,

I'm German, watch it buddy... It's really an awesome heli, Germans are know for there precision.. NEW PROJECT for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SI6F...eature=related

Yeah I heard the Logo 10 had a light disc-loading so I'am more curious than anything. It will be a good lazy slow flier is what I'am expecting. German engineering...Lol...

~ Jeff
Old 05-07-2009, 08:59 PM
HeliStyle

I did purchase the that 450 heli as well, now I am just waiting for everything to come in

hopefully it will be a great setup
Old 05-07-2009, 09:03 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds cool...is it 2.4 Ghz? A heli radio? I'm not real familiar with JR radios?

How about the heli itself, you still going to get it?

Nick,

I got my stuff from Infinity hobby today, it was pretty quick, ordered on Sunday....

It's kinda funny, the labels on the Gaui parts are in Taiwanese...the descriptions...

The CF tail pushrod is SUPER heavy duty, that thing will never flex...and only a tiny bit heavier than the flexy stock one.

That spacer kit looks like it's for the V2 tail exactly...I'll measure to be sure, but I think that is the ticket for that....I already have shims, so I'll probably leave it at that for now...seems to work fine.

Jeff,

My shop is a little newer/cleaner than than one! The place I used to work, we would probably do stuff like that, we made bombs, set off airbags, and mixed up some stuff I won't talk about here....LOL[X(][X(]

Glenn

Old 05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
HeliStyle

glenn

the radio isn't 2.4ghz, its actually fm, but an advanced one lol so hopefully I won't have any problems with it
also I did purchase the heli, for a good price, I actually got him to go down on the price even more

J-MICHAEL

I was thinking the same on the hs-55's they will have to replaced sooner then later
I deff won't be selling this helicopter, I'll sell my brushless traxxas stampede before the heli goes this time lol
Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds COOL!!

Like Jeff says, now KEEP THIS ONE....LOL!!

Looks like you'll have a great heli there once ya get everything all setup!!

Have fun!!

Glenn
Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Jeff Michael,

I'm German, watch it buddy... It's really an awesome heli, Germans are know for there precision.. NEW PROJECT for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SI6F...eature=related

Yeah I heard the Logo 10 had a light disc-loading so I'am more curious than anything. It will be a good lazy slow flier is what I'am expecting. German engineering...Lol...

~ Jeff
Dave ~

Lol...! The thing is, that was meant in a good way as I've already noted a lot of cool things as far as how they engineered things. But I'am having it set up for just a slow relaxed flier and nothing crazy... Parts availability ya know.... LMAO... It won't be an everyday flier so to speak... Its pretty cool though ! I like the different head adjustments you can do for one...

BTW.... Cool video ! I remember watching a buttload a few months ago... Gotta tell ya though, the first thing going on her is the "woodies" LMAO ! [8D] I was checking your work earlier so ya better behave mister. So far you've passed... I can tell ya got a set of digital calipers as I checked all the links and such... Top notch !

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-07-2009, 09:18 PM
HeliStyle

yeah, I am going to deff take my time on this one, no rushing or shortcuts, if it takes a month before I fly it then let it be.

going to be alot easier to program this time, not with that junk radio I had before, everytime I needed to make a change I would have to plug it into my computer lol
Old 05-07-2009, 09:31 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

The normal CC 80A ESC is only good up to 6S. I use the CC 85HV in my 600 and really like it. The heat sinks are pretty cool too. 8S on a 500?!!![X(]
You should try out one of those Common-Sense 3s 35c lipo's
I like my 15min charge times too much to go back to an hour charge time. With my flybarless system my 20C Align battery has plenty of punch for me.

Helistyle,

Congrats on the heli and radio.

Glenn,

Cool to hear your parts came in and it sounds like that CF pushrod is a nice part.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.