Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick ~

There's a handful of guys over at the Freak that are running 8 cells in there 500's... I guess its just sick. I know a few are running Scorpion motors and so I need to find out later which one would be better (1400, 1600, 1900 Kv) that I've seen so far. I know some guys are running a Trex 600 stock motor in there 500's for a motor upgrade but I think there just 6-cell set-ups... Eh... No Align motor going in my 500. No offense, but just to many probs in my readings like the shafts/bearings and such... All Scorpion someday baby... Wouldn't it be cool to have enough power and punch to flip an 500 Airwolf fuselage into an inverted hover or doing some tic-tocs...LMAO... It would probably look pretty funky ! Thanks for the info on the reg 80 amp Castle esc. I thought maybe so... Eh... A jump in price with the HV version but it would be a nice long-term investment with such a good ESC... Gotta love the Castle link.

~ Jeff
Old 05-08-2009, 10:03 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Had a shocker this a.m. It was not the heat and wind Jeffery LOL. I started checking all of my helis for the older Spectrum 1.2 rx's. Well as fate would have it I have (3) of them suckers. I knew I had one, but three DOUBLE YIKES! ! That has grounded, CX2, 400-1, and my plane which I robbed and put it in 400-2 so I will still have a daily flier. I did buy the new one online from the guy that got one like Evan on the warranty TX matter so that should be here any day now, perhaps to day?

While flying in the last three weeks I had two (2) brown outs with one heli and two crashes, one minor and one catastrophic![sm=cry_smile.gif]. So now I'll send these into HH and they will update with new firmware and that should be the end of it.

See ya all later, godda get to the PO to send this stuff off.

JPEE
Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

How low are your Voltages on the battery that you had a brownout with? And what was the temp outside?

I have 3 v1.2 receivers with a combo of 500+ flights and never had a single brown out. I still fly with those because I never get anywhere near the brown out Voltage.

I got to let the black smoke out of a transistor today. I accidently shorted it and then the case split in half followed by a lot of smoke.

Nick
Old 05-08-2009, 01:38 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

LMAO on the black smoke...I've seen varying colors before...

At the GM dealer, they were a PITA about warranty parts, so sometimes we would make sure that electrical parts were bad...

It's pretty amazing what happens to 12 volt automotive electrical devices when you plug them into 120 volts A.C....LOL [X(][X(]

Kinda reminds me of the one, and only Samsung product I bought...about a year and a half ago, a 22 inch LCD computer monitor....

Plugged it in, turned it on...nothing happened, until about 3 seconds later, some nice, blue smoke came out of the back of it....LOL[X(]

Needless to say, it went back, for a different brand of monitor...[&o]

Glenn

Old 05-08-2009, 01:53 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I bet it would be interesting seeing 12V electronics hooked up to 120V.

Nick
Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, things buzz, smoke, pop, sizzle, you name it...LOL

The funniest things were these idle control motors, basically 12 volt stepper motors...made for 12v DC....when you apply alternating current to them, they don't know which way to go....sit there and buzz very loudly, for about 10 seconds, then the smoke starts pouring out of them...very consitent results too...could always count on a good show...

We had one windsheild wiper motor armature hooked to the wall, and it buzzed REAL loud...and finally the windings got so hot, they burst into flames...[X(][X(]

I'm sure we didn't do the building's electrical system much good either...LOL[X(]

Glenn
Old 05-08-2009, 03:08 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I use the term brown out for the lack of anyother term. As you know the early rx were 1.2 and now are 1.6 The recovery rate for a lost signal on the 1.2 is huge (cant remember the number right now) and the 1.6 is a milli sec. You may remember I was flying in the "cool" of the morning at the Park. A guy was there with air enduction plane so we were taking turns in the air. I had flown and he then he when up again, he had trouble and I landed so I thought it was my turn. Well I got up in the air 20 feet in a hover. Then he came up again and with in a moment or two and all of a sudden theres my heli goes dead and started to fall. I corrected and got her straight and did a auto rotation landing. Yes! my blades did pitch so there was some signal coming through, but no power. This last time when she plowed at full speed I was at my big fly area and we had been flying my other heli. I took this 400 out of the case in the cool of the morning and let her acclamate to the outside temp. I started flyng and was doing circutes. Then I came around level and was dang near wide open across the area like I was on a string and all of a sudden she lost power it looked like, and just nosed in to a junk pile. So either the ESC is randomly crapping out or the 1.2 is dropping out. So I am doing now is as I posted, all three 1.2 that I have shipped today to HH for a looksee and new programing. When they come back, one will go into my cx2, one into my plane and the last into my 400-3 shelf queen that is unflowen.

JPEE
OBTW....your to young to "SMOKE!"[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 05-08-2009, 03:09 PM
JPEE

Glenn, After reading all of that at the shop, no frigging wonder my horn HONKS randomly! LMAO Should smoke be comwing out of that too?
Old 05-08-2009, 03:15 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

LOL, I wish some smoke WOULD come out of something on that car....then we could find it...[X(]

I let that car go Monday....probably won't know anything for a few months....

Glenn
Old 05-08-2009, 04:08 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Or anyone who knows.... How do you know if you have the 1.2 version AR6100 RX's ? Is it on the underside labeled where my velcro is probably hiding that info ? Hopefully I have the 1.6 versions, but I bet I have a few that are the 1.2's....Eh...

~ Jeff
Old 05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

There should be a little sticker saying what version it is. You can also power up the receiver then unplug the battery. While keeping the transmitter on, plug the battery back in and the receiver light should be blinking if it is v1.6. If it isn't blinking it is a lower version.

Nick
Old 05-08-2009, 04:53 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

All of mine are marked on the END opposit the pins. In other words, the end that is inside the heli.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54014.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1194606   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36586.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1194607  
Old 05-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Carljw

Glenn
I got my tail conversion kit today and cant beleave how small the prop is. I see I will have to go to the Horizon web site and print out the CPP2 tail parts list to figure out how to install
the prop on the shaft.

Ok I found a picture and got it together. Two questions on the prop one side is shiney and one side is rough looking. I think the non shiney side goes out on the left side away from the motor.
When I turn the prop after I have it all tightened up it feels like its a little gas motor is this normal, feels like a compreshion stroke.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 PM
JPEE

Carl,

Cool you got your parts. Now you have a project! When Glenn gets on I am sure he can provide the secretes and short cuts for ya.

Today I picked my new AR6100 receiver and I have my Hughes 500D Yellow FG body coming in soon for my 500 T-Rex. I love going to my PO Box to see what is there for me. The guy that runs the place like to see me open the boxes there to snoop (in a curious way) a bit about our hobby.

JPEE
Old 05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Carljw

Jpee
I seen that 500D and its real sweet looking. I was thinking about a Airwolf but I would need a DX7 for the lights and retracts to work.
I cant wait to you get it and go along with the build report.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick & JPEE ~

Thanks for the AR6100 info... I'll have to check later on, but I don't remember ever seing that little sticker that says 1.6 vers. Mine are probably the 1.2 ones...

JPEE ~

Can't wait until ya get that fuse ! Very cool... There must be a misprint on HeliDirects website stating its 139 g's... The fiberglass ones that are identical to yours but different colors state the fuse is around 600 g's which makes more sense... For comparison, the fiberglass Hughes fuselage for the 450 is around 370 grams... You'll have to weigh her for me when ya receive it so I can know its true weight if its possible for ya to do so. More curious than anything.......

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-08-2009, 06:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I installed the Futaba 9254 into the Logo also for the tail now... Only thing left is the RX and GY401 sitting here and a ESC which I'am still shy of and need to get. However, since I'am off this weekend I want to see if I can at least fire this thing up into a hover only... For the ESC I wonder if my Kontronik Jazz 40-6-18 that I have laying around will be adequate for just the minimum to spool her up into a hover ? I know I'll use one of my TP 5-cells and the Jazz can handle 6-cells, or maybe 10 not sure... With these specs below of the Hacker motor and the Jazz ESC what do you think ? There is a 13t pinion installed right now, and later with the 5-cells I think I'll go up to a 15t...

Hacker specs : http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=2071

A30 Outrunner Series A30 10L
Kv (rpm/V) 1185
Max Power (W) 450W
Max Amp (15sec) 40A
Max Efficiency 85%
Io (No load A) 2.3A
Rm (Resistance) 0.023Ohm
Shaft Diameter 5mm
Gearbox N/A
Motor Diameter 37.2mm
Motor Length 42.85mm
Motor Weight 143g
Built in Fan Sold Separately
Max Rpm 18,000
Poles 14
Case Outrunner
ESC Timing 20-25 deg
ESC Switching Freq. 8-16KHz

Jazz specs : http://www.helidirect.com/kontronik-...-esc-p-581.hdx

Specifications:

Continuous Power: 40A
Burst Current: 50A (Current Limiter)
Input Voltage: 6 to 18 Cells NiMh/10S 37.0V LiPo
BEC: 2A
Weight: 33g w/ Cables
Size: 52mmx26mmx7.5mm

The blades on the Logo are 500mm while the Trex 500 blades are 425mm.... I wouldn't mind trying the Trex's blades on the Logo sometime for an experiment. What a decrease, but curious in how it reacts.

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Yeah, tiny little prop there, eh?? But it gets the job done!

I just looked at mine, and the shiny side goes out, away from the motor....to be honest, I'm not sure how much difference there is...but, to be safe, mine is rough side towards the motor, shiny side out...

Yep, that little booger has some strong magnets....and it does feel like a little glow engine with compression when you turn it over....makes lots of power and RPM's...sounds like a little bee buzzing around, you'll get a kick out of the way it sounds!!

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

Glenn

Old 05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Based on the current ratings of the motor and ESC the Jazz will do just fine even for flying. I am impressed that the Jazz ESC can handle a 10S input with a BEC, since most other ESC's can only handle 6S or less, while using a BEC. Then the 6 layer PCB is probably why it is so expensive. It is pretty expensive for me to have a 2 layer one made.

Glenn,

The CPP2 motor also makes the Bee noise. I thought it might have sounded different than the GWS setup.

Nick
Old 05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Carljw

Glenn
Thanks for the reply looks like Iam good to go. I wont get to put it on the boom and solder the wires till Monday. Have a busy weekend with my Grandaughter then mothers day
Sunday.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:32 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

Based on the current ratings of the motor and ESC the Jazz will do just fine even for flying. I am impressed that the Jazz ESC can handle a 10S input with a BEC, since most other ESC's can only handle 6S or less, while using a BEC. Then the 6 layer PCB is probably why it is so expensive. It is pretty expensive for me to have a 2 layer one made.

Glenn,

The CPP2 motor also makes the Bee noise. I thought it might have sounded different than the GWS setup.

Nick

Nick ~

Cool ! Thanks for your thoughts as I wasn't fully sure since ya know my electronics knowldege isn't the greatest ! That's why I made you my electronics manager... [8D] Sounds good for a try-out then, hopefully those wood blades which have been sitting aren't warped or anything like my other woody blades usually do after time. That would be the only thing stopping me now... Crap... Wait, I forgot the Jazz still has EC3 connectors on from my 450 when I had it in there and the TP batts have Deans... Lol... I'll have to see if I have a Deans laying around, which I probably don't but will have to pick some up this weekend perhaps.

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 05-08-2009, 08:26 PM
J-MICHAEL

Well I couldn't find a Deans to apply to the Jazz ESC, but I do have some EC3's so I just kept the EC3 on the Jazz and installed an EC3 to one of the TP batts I sacrificed... LMAO... When there's a will, there's a way..............

Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It sounds like it won't be too long before the Logo is flight ready. I can't wait to hear how it flies.

Yeah I don't like how the wood blades warp also.

Nick
Old 05-08-2009, 09:23 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Yeah, the CPP2 motor stays pretty busy too...I'm not sure, but it seems to be a little less noisey than the GWS, maybe the blade pitch is different, or maybe I'm just more used to it now....Rob was quite amused when he flew it, he agreed that it sounds like a bee...lol

I did some tuning up on the Quark today after work, and got it working quite a bit better, it has a little gyro adjustment pot on the main unit, and I ended up cranking it all the way up, it holds nice now, with no wag...and there is a switch (on or off...lol) for the cyclic response, so I tuned that to the more sensitive postion, and it seemed to help too.

It seems like it wants a bigger place to fly than in the shop......that little thing is no slouch when it has room!

Jeff,

I know little to nothing about Makido (sp?) helis, only just bits and pieces I have read here and there...German made, eh?

Probably well (overly) engineeered....it looks nice...kinda big? Is it as big as a 600....or more like a 550 size?

Carl,

Glad I could help, you'll have to keep us posted on the new bee buzzzing around the house!

JPEE,

They said something about some 50 MPH winds over there? But the fires are more under control now?

Glenn
Old 05-08-2009, 09:27 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

In all my efforts to get the Quark tuned up, and testing the Gaui, I completely forgot that my club meeting was tonight...whoops...[X(]

I don't think it was mandatory or anything, apparently Rob was going to talk about batteries or something, and then everyone goes out to Pizza Hut or something afterwards...

I did some more testing on the Gaui earlier, in the shop....got the throttle and pitch curves a bit closer to where they should be....I don't have a tach, but it sure sounds like it's got about 3000 RPM's on the headspeed....which is what Gaui recommends...

It's alot more responsive like that, I'll say that much...[X(]

Should be fun, if the weather will cooperate.

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.