Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:38 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn ~

I'am not sure what size the Logo is ? I know its not as big as my dads Trex 600 though. I think it may be a sliver smaller than a 550 class ? Dunno.... I only know bits and pieces also about the Mikado heli's. Probably why it has sat for so long...Lol... But she's getting closer. I want it for just lazy flying, and so I'll try and set it up that way. Hek its got my 450's spare esc, how much lazier can ya go ?!

Yeah the Gaui headspeeds are insane... I thought I read before where some guys have a 3500-4000 RPM range ? Crazy.... But, me likey..... (you know me...)

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I'am not sure what size the Logo is ? I know its not as big as my dads Trex 600 though. I think it may be a sliver smaller than a 550 class ? Dunno.... I only know bits and pieces also about the Mikado heli's. Probably why it has sat for so long...Lol... But she's getting closer. I want it for just lazy flying, and so I'll try and set it up that way. Hek its got my 450's spare esc, how much lazier can ya go ?!

Yeah the Gaui headspeeds are insane... I thought I read before where some guys have a 3500-4000 RPM range ? Crazy.... But, me likey..... (you know me...)

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Jeff,
You crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course the new fuse weighs more than that. I did not want to shatter your dream of the fuse being a "feather weight". Even knowing the weight up front I dont care, crap man you know the 500 will carry near any weight.
ONLY FOR YOU MR. JEFF, I will weigh that puppy and report to you ASAP when she arrives. To make sure you are the first to know, I'll need the house phone number, your cell and Kelly's too.............aw never mind about Kelly, Ill have my daughter call her through the COSTCO store hotline.

Carl,
They sell the 500 fuse with or without lights. While I have both a Dx6i and a Dx7 and could have used them I dont know how much of those lights you'd really be able to see in the daylight so I chose NO LIGHTS. Until I see someone with them in person I'll hold off.
Congrats on your heli parts arriving and like I said Ol Glenn is right on the stuff .....he da man on the CPP's

Nick.........hope your well and got to or will get to fly for the Scouts.

JPEE
Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Do you think the tail motor on the Quark is getting weaker, since you had to turn the gain up?

Not too many people go to my club's meetings. There was probably 10% of the people or less.

Good to hear you could increase the response on the Gaui. I put the dampners from my other head assembly into my new one and it still isn't responsive. I know the headspeed is high with that Tonic-x 5150 motor near 100% throttle curve, maxed cyclic mixes, and no flybar weights, but I can't get it to be responsive.

JPEE,

It was pretty windy today for my 450, but I got 4 flights in. I just got an address and time for the flight tomorrow, but I haven't checked the weather yet.

Nick
Old 05-09-2009, 12:27 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Good question on the Quark motor, I don't know...I hope not, because it's pretty expensive, as I remember. The main motor is brushless, and the tail motor is supposed to be coreless...there is no way to lube it at all, it's totally sealed.

It was flying really well, so I'll just keep an eye on it for now...

I have a feeling I didn't miss much at the meeting tonight. Especially since they are having the spring cookout tomorrow, I would imagine more people would turn out for that...

I'll have to see more about the Gaui when I get a chance to actually fly it. It's hard to tell in the shop, just hovering it around. But the throttle/collective is very touchy, much more so than before, and seems to have really good power.

Hope your demo for the Scouts goes as planned, and you put on a good show..

Have fun!

Glenn
Old 05-09-2009, 01:26 AM
J-MICHAEL

Do you see it...?!

http://www.helihobby.com/html/helicopter_3d.html
Old 05-09-2009, 05:46 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

geez guys myhk450 is going to be a complete t-rex 450 after I am done with it lol

I am putting in a order to helidirect for some aligh tail rotor blades the bright colored ones. I am trying to make sure it is as bright as possible, at such a young age my eyes are so bad lol

also picking up feathering shafts, replacing the ones on the hk450
getting the main gear assembly along with the tail pulley gear
thinking about picking up the screw set also
and some blades

what blades do you reccomend for the t-rex 450, I was just going to buy the plain t-rex 325mm red and white ones from helidirect, but I see they sell a set of 3 for cheap?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:00 AM
helicorpse

Peter! a question, do you need to shim those new woodies. AS I read the site they said for 450s kinda leaning to T-Rex. I fly T-Rex red and whites now but they need shims on the 400 so as to not compress the blade grips??

Thanks JPEE

I've only bought the Hobby-Wing 315 blades for my Belt CP, I was looking at thoe 325 length for the 450SE i'm building up. The 315 blades look pretty much top quality to me and they fit the BELT CP without shims. The root of the blade on those looks close to 9/32 if you include the plastic mounts... the wood part of the root is around 3/16. I'm not a good enought flyer to know if the blades are really any good in flight, but they look good on the heli when it's not moving... hehe, usually a bit worse after I fly it into the ground. The 315's I've got would be a tight fit in my 450se v2 (clone) with the plastic and just a lil bit loose without the plastic root bases and if you leave just the top one on its a nice snug fit.

Peter
Old 05-09-2009, 08:40 AM
helicorpse

You just gotta love this Misery weather... woke up yesterday to reports of a huge ox bow frontline a hundred miles from end to end sweeping out of se kansas and heading this way at 75 mph. It blew thru the area here with straight line winds and maybe mini tornados or close to it, mostly destroying hay barns and toppling trailers and out buildings, a school 4 miles away lost it's roof and it toppled some masonary walls. No electric service right now, the power poles are blown over and lying in the middle of the farm road. Standing on the porch it was an awesome storm. I've got a building site for the big house a couple of hundred yards from my shop on 20 acres of hardwood tree clad land. No trees hit the shop, my sailboat, vehicles or anything, but I've got at least twenty full size 45-55 ft oak trees laid overafter being torn from the ground by the root ball laying around my building site. Anybody need firewood?

The good news is that Branson. MO.. 35 miles away is having a very nice air show to open their new airport terminal this weekend... a great line up of performers with the Thunderbirds, Golden Knights, all the typical headliners with:

John Klatt
Areoshell Areobatic Team
Stuart Dawson in the Sea Fury
Iron Eagles
Kyle Franklin
Greg Koontz
john Moore in the Stearman
Manfred Radius
Steve & Susan Oliver
Bene Soucy and Teresa Stocks Windwal
Patty Wagstaff
Matt Younkin

Nick, thanks for the suggestions and your valued opinion. I agree, I'm gonna fly 3d someday, I'm in this to stay, so buy with the future in mind if at all possible!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:03 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I think I know the blades you are talking about. Are they like 325 sized and sell for around $18? I have those and they are alright if you get a set that is not warped from Helidirect. I think 25% or less of mine were not warped, but they do balance out great. They are also a tight fit into a 450 grip.

Peter,

I heard about the strong winds out your way, but not what the winds did to objects. Good to hear your property is fine.

I was supposed to get a lot of rain, but it all went North into South Dakota.

That airshow sounds like a cool thing to go to.

Nick
Old 05-09-2009, 10:07 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah those are the ones nick, I'll just pass on them, maybe order the align 325mm white and red blades instead
Old 05-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Evan T.

Heli so you sold the honeybee already
Old 05-09-2009, 10:51 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I friend just let me know there is a great sale on a 500 ESP T-Rex's while they last. This is an upgrade in that it is RTF, yes is assembled!
1 T-Rex 500 ESP , RCE-BL60G ESC, RCM-BL500L Motor
1 CF Align Main Blade
1 GY401 Gyro
1 Futaba S9257 Tail Servo
1 OUTRAGE 6S1P 22.2V 3000mAH 25C
1 Spektrum AR7000 Receiver

T-Rex 500 ESP RTF DS510 S9257 Gy401 3000 mAH AR7000 New
Price: $899.99
While quantities last!!!

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/ine...000%20New#nogo

I know most of us have one already but if ya got a friend......

For me I paid for this same heli with a AR6200 and no assy and no battery $956.00 plus tax. So for $60.00 you get a batter, a n upgraded RX and it assembled and RTF.

JPee

PS Thanks Peter for scoop on the blades. Helystyle.... your fling on that project, good luck.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:25 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I just got back from my little demo. It was pretty windy, so I had a hard time. I also got my dad to video tape me, so it will be a couple of hours before they are uploaded. A blackhawk also flew in which was really cool. It was pretty cool seeing the cockpit, turbines, and head and tail assemblies.

Nick
Old 05-09-2009, 12:32 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

That sounds like a pretty good deal....but I would miss assembling the heli....for me, that is more than half the fun!!

But, good heads-up for the guys that might not like building...

Nick,

Sounds like you had a good time, less the wind!

I'll bet the real Blackhawk was cool to see in person!!

Can't wait for the video too!!

I'm still comtemplating whether to fly, it's going to rain/storm here, just a matter of time...had a a bunch of stuff to do, so it'll be out of the way, I think tomorrow is supposed to be real nice weather.

Heli,

Sounds good on the Align blades, usually, you get what you pay for...

I'm still waiting to see how JPEE likes the $3.50-a-set blades from Hobby Wing...

Evan,

Get any more flying in?

Glenn
Old 05-09-2009, 12:38 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

I agree with the build but a guy would do goog to get then crash and rebuild it LMAO

Re the blades, if they are crap the heli will still fly with them and I can use them on my crashed and tapped/glued/zip tied/ 402 to put them on and there will be no loss during my 3D learing curve and crashing

Glad you had some fun Nick
Old 05-09-2009, 02:53 PM
evdreamer

Here is the first flight I put on today.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIjnuUCAsjs[/youtube]
Here is the second flight I put on. I stopped half way through because some kids walked into my flying area.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWa3IfXIe8g[/youtube]
Here is the second part of that flight.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EJsHCdwpwo[/youtube]
Old 05-09-2009, 02:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

Cool Nick ! I can't wait to see that 600 in some action ! I pushed "play" on all three vids, and I'll let them load while I step out for a bit.... I'll watch them in a bit !
Old 05-09-2009, 03:07 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

You might have to turn the volume way up, since it was kind of quiet when I was playing them until I turned my speakers up all the way.

Nick
Old 05-09-2009, 03:34 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

What wind....?! Man I'am still sweatin' just watching ! I didn't realize you get ol' crazy with that 600... [8D] Gosh that was cool, and thanks for sharing. You fly so darn good ! Did ya tell em' that anyone can fly one right from the box ?!

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-09-2009, 03:44 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah everything I do on the 450 is so much easier on the 600, so I push the 600 a little harder.

I was just checking out if I could run 12S with my current setup and I can. My charger can still charge at the full current and with a 10T pinion I could get the headspeed I need. I would like a little more punch than my 10S setup.

Did ya tell em' that anyone can fly one right from the box ?!

Nick
Old 05-09-2009, 03:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

That would be cool to go a 12s setup ! Shouldn't be to bad just adding a few more cells to the existing packs eh ? In my manual for the Logo they show you can slide a 10s or 12s A123 or Nimh set-up for that... Going lipo though... What's not in the picture is my CF battery tray support which extends more in the front portions of the tray. This helps create some room for some of my other components I'd rather put down there. They also show the Jazz in there pic below mounted right in front of the motor, but I'am laying it flat in that battery tray.

~ Jeff

Old 05-09-2009, 04:18 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I don't think it would be that hard to add a couple more cells. I would have to take the shrink wrap off and add a couple of wires for the balance connector and re-wrap it. I just need to do it soon, so the pack won't have a lot of old cells and a couple new ones.

I have heard of a lot of people using 12S A123 in their Logos and getting some insane flight times.

One of the conversions for the T-Rex 700 can handle 30 A123 cells! I would still love to fly one of those, but just can't afford one anytime soon.

Nick
Old 05-09-2009, 04:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

I don't think it would be that hard to add a couple more cells. I would have to take the shrink wrap off and add a couple of wires for the balance connector and re-wrap it. I just need to do it soon, so the pack won't have a lot of old cells and a couple new ones.

I have heard of a lot of people using 12S A123 in their Logos and getting some insane flight times.

One of the conversions for the T-Rex 700 can handle 30 A123 cells! I would still love to fly one of those, but just can't afford one anytime soon.

Nick

That's interesting on the 12s setups for the Logo... I should run 2 of my 6s Nimhs in series from my RC-cars for an experiment someday ?! Yeah someday I hope that Trex 700 will be in my paws... No nitro though, just don't like the mess, smoke, and noise, but I want the prices to come down some for the E T-700 and mostly the batts to run it ! 30s A123's.... Heh... I knew that was coming soon for it, and looks like it did. [8D]

Gotta run, talk with ya later....

~ Jeff
Old 05-09-2009, 05:55 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

Nick

That's interesting on the 12s setups for the Logo... I should run 2 of my 6s Nimhs in series from my RC-cars for an experiment someday ?! Yeah someday I hope that Trex 700 will be in my paws... No nitro though, just don't like the mess, smoke, and noise, but I want the prices to come down some for the E T-700 and mostly the batts to run it ! 30s A123's.... Heh... I knew that was coming soon for it, and looks like it did. [8D]

Gotta run, talk with ya later....

~ Jeff
WOW Nick,
After all of these months talking back and forth knowing you were a 3D flier it was great to finally see you strut your stuff!

SPECTACULAR!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:59 PM
evdreamer

Thanks JPEE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.