Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Heli,

Yeah, H is for high, L for low, L for left, R for right, etc...

On the Spektrum radios, you change the adjustment direction by holding the stick one way or the other, and watch the arrow, and then make the setting that you want...not too sure how yours works, could be different...

Evan has a nice point, a bit of expo will help alot when you get it in the air, helps deaden the stick response on center a bit...most people like that when getting used to a new heli...I still use some, about 15%....you could start at about 20% or so and see how that feels, it's really just a personal thing as to how much or little you feel comfortable with...some people use none...others, alot...

Good luck with it, sounds like a nice radio!!

Glenn
Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Evan T.

I use 10%
Old 05-13-2009, 07:07 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry to hear the quality isn't top notch on the fuselage.

Cool to hear you got to fly yesterday. It was raining pretty hard here yesterday, so I didn't get to fly.

Helistyle,

With some ESC's you need to raise or lower the travel adjustments to have the ESC know the throttle is off and where full throttle is.

If I remember right the JR radios don't have a gain menu like the Spektrum's, so the gear channel controls the gain. I stopped using the gain menu in my DX7 and use the travel adjustments for the gain. The + ones are for HH mode and the - is for rate mode. If you increase the + that is like adding gain and I think around 0% is the area between HH and rate.

You can level the swash at full throttle and no throttle with the travel adjusts.

Nick
Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hmmm thanks for the help glenn, nick and evan

yeah I just figured out on the travel adjustments you can select by moving the sticks in certain directions

radio is friggin sweet, might have this heli up and flying sooner then I though, programming is sooo much less of a headache then my last radio
Old 05-13-2009, 09:36 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

You are welcome, and thanks to Nick for pointing out the other info on the throttle travel adjust with different ESC's, leveling the swash, etc....it's always good to hear different inputs, since you get more ideas that way, two (or more) ideas and suggestions are better than one!

Glad you like the radio, and hope you get to fly soon!

Glenn
Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Just a quick note to say, HELIDIRECT IS PROVIDING ME WITH A FREE PACKAGE PICK UP, for my blemmed out 500 fuse. Then they will be sending the new one. He said they do check things before they ship but they carry and ship over 9,000 products per month and we both agreed sometimes SH** happens!

JPEE
Old 05-13-2009, 12:33 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

That is awesome, and it lives up to my high expectations I have learned to expect from Helidirect, I have always had a great experience with them!

I have placed many orders and they are always correct, and on time...but I never had to deal with a defect or problem, it's good to know that they excel at that part of the business as well....

Glenn
Old 05-13-2009, 03:37 PM
HeliStyle

got some more done on the heli today

was my only day off, so I put the whole head assembly back together, adjusted belt tension.

I guess the guy that put on the pinion to the motor, stripped the grub screw on it. He mounted it to high on the motor shaft, which the grub screw is hitting the main gear when it rotates, I have a allen key drying with loctite in it right now. Hopefully tommorrw when it is dry I can break it free.

nothing else got done, I need to stop at the lhs and pick up some deans and etc, but that won't be untill friday, I think we have like $60 in the bank for the rest of the week lol

how is everyone else?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:58 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I am doing good. It is too windy to fly here today, so I have been messing with my new microcontroller.

Nick
Old 05-13-2009, 04:05 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds good, maybe you'll get to at least do a test hover by the weekend?

That would be cool!

I was hoping to fly after dinner, but it's windy now, hoping for it to die down later on...problem is, lately, by the time the wind dies down, it's too dark to fly..

Then, we have rain coming, on and off, through the weekend...so they say...[>:]

Wonder if it was this windy/rainy last year at this time?

Anyways, have fun, and make that $60 stretch the rest of the week...

Glenn
Old 05-13-2009, 05:20 PM
J-MICHAEL

I just hovered the Logo 10 in my small garage....! LMAO ! [&:][8D] From tip to tip its 45" across... 3" shy of 4'...That was crazy...! My Trex 500 tip to tip is 38". I installed the Trex 500 stock motor and esc into the logo and its ready to boogy... I feel like I need to go puke...Lol... Whew... I love that rush. HeliDirect sent shipped out this morning 4 Outrage MCX/Vapor batts, A Scorpion 1600kv motor for the 500, a Castle 80 amp ESC (I almost got the 85HV, Nick) and I'am now going with a 6-cell set-up with the 500 and ordered a few Outrage 2200 mah 6-cells 25c packs. The 4 TP 5-cell packs will be used on the Logo. I also ordered a Scorpion motor for the Trex 450 and it is the -6 one, which is the mean power hog and will put quite a strain on my batts, but sign me up.... I gotta see if my Jazz will handle that motor since the motor puts out 525 watts and the amps are close to questioning on whether the Jazz could handle that...Dunno... If not I'll have to get a 60 amp Castle esc.... Now I see why Nick probably went with a 60 amp esc for his 450... I didn't realize these motors are power hogs... Sweet....

Lightly raining outside.... If it breaks, I'am hovering this thing in the yard. It felt extremely light in the garage, and almost to light to where I landed it.... I think the rotor wash was so intense it was puffing it around, I could feel it..... It felt like a big huge CX2 in the rotor wash almost.

~ Jeff
Old 05-13-2009, 06:05 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I'll bet THAT was interesting!![X(]

Sounds like it's going to be Christmas time around there soon, with all that stuff ya got coming!!

Cool on the 6S in the 500! I still have not tried my 500 with the 25C's yet... Hopefully, this weekend...

Sounds like the 450 is going to get an injection of power too!

Let us know how the yard flight test goes, if you get a break in the rain!!

Glenn
Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 PM
HeliStyle

I was actually planning on maybe getting in a test hover maybe this weekend
we shall see though

I am not setting any idle up settings, just going to do normal settings in idle up, not ready for that, later on that will happen

Not really in a rush, I am trying to be patient and not stress over this one lol
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds cool, hope you can get it at least ready for a hover, or a little spool up at least, make sure everything is working the way it should...

I think that is a good decision on the idle up, just mirror your normal settings, you won't be needing idle up for a bit...I did the same thing about a year ago..

Good thinking, no rush, you've got plenty of great flying weather ahead...so take your time!

I just got back from flying a couple of packs, nothing too special, it was fairly windy, but I just did it anyways...did my normal figure 8's, and then practiced the hard stuff, like I told Evan to do...gotta practice what I preach!

I found it's easier to do the difficult turns faster, rather than slower...if that makes sense...if I try to go slow, and keep the heli level, it's very difficult for me to do small counterclockwise turns...but if I do them faster, with some banking, it's much easier...

Just need more and more practice, and stick time!

Good luck with it, and keep us updated!

Glenn
Old 05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
HeliStyle

yeah im very excited to at least spool it up. I think I am going to spool it up without the blades lol I am to scared to do it with the blades on untill I make sure everything is set proper. I just hope I can bust off that pinion gear on the motor shaft, the guy stripped the heck out of the grub screw :/

It will be my first 450 spool up can't wait

I got my feathering shafts in from heli direct, on the photo on heli direct it showed that the screws came with them, but in the package they aren't with them. Do you know what size the blade 400 screws are that secure the grips to the feathering shaft? I know the ones I need are 2mm x 4mm
Old 05-13-2009, 08:07 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Cool to hear you fired up the Logo. That is a lot sooner than June I believe you said you were planning to fire it up.

You are getting close to outfitting your helis the way you want with the Scorpion motors.

I am averaging 17A on the -6 motor. I might be getting peaks around the max current, but I have no way of finding out.

Nick
Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

FOR ALL BUYERS HERE,

HeliDirect got my letter and pictures. They said they were sorry for my inconveince and will take the following actions:
1. A new Hughes is in the mail now!
2. When I see it and touch it and it meets my spec's I am to box up the bad one and mail it back to them.
3. They are covering all postage!

It is so nice to see a company follow through with excellent customer service.

I asked, do you guys open everything you get from your vendors and check it for damage or flaws? He replied YES we try open every box to ensure that all products they send out are good. But he said they send out 9,000 boxes either per week or month (forgot I am old) and sometimes something sneaks through. So can accept this little upset.

JPEE

PS: JEFF, I HAVE NOT READ THE THREAD AS I AM NOT HOME NOW BUT I SAW BLURP YOU SPUN UP LOLO ....GOOD FOR YOU
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds good, on spooling it up with no blades to begin, nothing wrong with that, in fact, it's a great idea...I often do that, to check balance, if nothing else...you can check to make sure the flybar and paddles are in good balance (no vibes)...

Hope you can get the pinion off...good luck with it...

The B400 feathering shaft/grip screws are 2x6 mm....just checked for ya...

Keep us posted!

Glenn
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
J-MICHAEL

Heli ~

Cool on the 450 ! Get it in the air....

JPEE ~

Good to hear ya got your fuselage taken care of. Now get one for the 600.... LMAO...

Nick ~

Do you think the Castle 45 amp esc or my Jazz will be ok for the -6 Scorpion motor or should I get a 60 amper castle ? [&:] Yeah, the Logo feels amazing. It feels very light. I snuck it outside for a quick 3 minute hover in the yard... It did really good ! Still got to earn the trust though before I go and launch her out... Lol... I'll download a video later on after I do some errands.

Glenn ~

Yeah what a cool heli the Logo is ! But doesn't "feel" like it has the performance and agility as the Trex 500, but I still love it. It feels more stable than the Trex 500 and when you cut the motor, the blades take much longer to spool down... Crazy smooth...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

COOL!! A flying Playpus!! LMAO!!

Nah, looks great! I'll be it does have a nice stable hover with that extra 7 or so inches of rotor span...

Probably not as agile feeling as the 500 I wouldn't imagine, no...

Nice still shots, lets see the vid when you get some time!

Glenn
Old 05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I think people on Helifreak were using a CC35 with the -6 and a 3S A123, but they said they weren't getting the max performance because of the current limiting on the CC ESC.

Nick
Old 05-14-2009, 05:30 AM
HeliStyle

glenn, you think it would be alright to use the blade 400 screws in the trex spindle? I know the t-rex spindle screws I just looked up again are actually 2mm x 5mm
Old 05-14-2009, 07:33 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

I think people on Helifreak were using a CC35 with the -6 and a 3S A123, but they said they weren't getting the max performance because of the current limiting on the CC ESC.

Nick

Ok..... Thanks Nick. I'll have to figure out a game plan then... Here's a quick 3 minute maiden hover with the Logo in the backyard. I still have some adjustments to do, but pretty cool to try a different heli !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzy-nSfMFd4

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-14-2009, 08:28 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

I would think that the 2x6mm would be fine....but since the screw is a tad bit longer, you'll have to be careful to make sure that the threads don't "bottom out" before the shoulder of the screw is against the washer...if you can picture what I am saying, you need to check that out of the head, on the bench first...

I can check for you when I go home for lunch, I have some Trex 450 feathering shaft/spindes, and plenty of the B400 screws...I bought the Trex ones, but haven't used them yet, back when B400 spindles were like gold to find...

Glenn
Old 05-14-2009, 10:11 AM
HeliStyle

Glenn if you could do that, that would be great

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.