Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official DF-03 Ra Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:38 AM
amilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official DF-03 Ra Thread

Hello

I'm near to buy damper set #53571 for df-03ra

could you please say what is the Tamiya number for the spring set which fit to this damper (yellow blue red ) beacuse i'm not sur in it.

thanks

my experience on grass - be carefull the grass must be realy just 1-2 cm max<br type="_moz"/>
Old 10-20-2011, 06:18 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: 1427am

Thanks for the info,still un decided between the Subaru or go for a Dark Impact buggy. I would prefer the Subaru as I prefer a real scale model, as anyone done any mods to increase the ground clearance? I don't have a lot of grass mostly heavy gravel. Also have access to the beach at weekends I'm assuming the Subaru will run ok on firm sand?
If you're mostly gravel and beach, you'll be fine. I should clarify my earlier statement - thick/tall grass is rough on nearly any 1/10 scale (buggy, ST, and this rally car). Not a shortcoming of this chassis at all, it's just that I find that grass isn't much fun for RC in general (compared to dirt/gravel). And it tends to bog down buggies/TC a lot.

That said, I wouldn't worry about ground clearance mods - to make a true impact and raise it way up over tall grass, you're looking at something like a MT anyway - so don't sweat it.

Just get the DI or Subaru (depending on which you just like better), and roll with it. You'll enjoy regardless.

And if you have light/thin/sparse grass, no worries at all.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:55 AM
alexchen86

I ran my DF-03Ra with the Dark Impact shell on a 4600kv with an OG Sidewinder sprayed with Corrosion X. Geared at 29/75 blasting on 2s on a volleyball court super deep sand and no overheating and I'm down in the Texas heat!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Eman77

Dangit, this thread reminds me that I want a DF-03RA. It fell off my radar, now it's back on.

Anyone got $200 to give me?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:23 AM
mercerbeef

I'm in the same boat, lol looking to trade/sell my street car just to get one.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:53 AM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

I've been having an issue with my DF03Ra. I was trying to drift it and it... well, didn't. Basically for some reason its basically almost FWD. I spin one rear wheel and the other one spins the opposite way. When I spin them both, the front wheels do not turn as well. The front wheels do not turn in opposite directions. They do however somewhat spin the rear wheels. With power on, the front wheels spin much faster than the rear wheels however the rear wheels do spin. What I'm thinking is that the person who built it switched the front and rear gears or something. What are your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90646.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	1677843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79292.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1677844  
Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 PM
mercerbeef

maybe the last owner locked the front diff. so the front pulls more. You could open it up and take a look, it may just be thick oil or a solid block instead of spiders gears.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:34 PM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: mercerbeef

I'm in the same boat, lol looking to trade/sell my street car just to get one.

Hmm, I haven't been involved in this forum much recently. I still have my RA, had a broken rear dogbone but I had ordered a pair of tamiya hop-up CVD's for it which I had sitting around for what seems like forever. I just installed them, they do look nice and fit great. The added smoothness demands that the front ones be upgraded asap. (really the car should come with all 4...)

I am local to you mercerbeef, what kind of street car are we talking about, I have more full scale cars that I need, but what the hell, I might be interested in a trade; has a brushless motor, esc, titanium screws, slipper clutch, a bunch of tires, two bodies, an extremely fast and small servo and probably a couple of other tweeks I forget.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:48 PM
SerpentCT4S
My Feedback: (1)

Does anyone have part numbers for the Tamiya CVD's?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:59 PM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: SerpentCT4S

Does anyone have part numbers for the Tamiya CVD's?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58417

See the "can be used with the following option parts" section at the bottom of the product description section;

53792 Assembly Universal Shaft (TT-01, TA04)

I had tried GPM racing titanium TT-01 CVD's which were light and beautiful, but they are far from fitting...
Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Me_How

<div style="padding-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-top: 5px; "><font face="Arial"><font style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Hi all, another happy df-03ra user here. This forum is excellent thanks all for contributions that helped me to get on road.
There are many different setups discussed here and mine is different again so I'll just list it here for ya all.
Bought mine used as I have almost no tools in where I'm at now and without electronics. I spent quite a bit of time looking for a servo but as it turns out the cheep Futaba S3003 is just okay. I stuffed into it LRP A.I. reverse pro and Eraser 10.5T brushless combo cause I'm novice to cars. For those not familiar there is zero possible setup on the ESC and motor cannot be disassembled. I found other options to be more expensive around here.
I was researching gearing for a good while. The model I received had only 32T pinoin so I'm running this with 75Tspur. I'm sure this is not optimal setup so my first batch of parts will include 29T and 27T pinions. Everyone keeps on going on about having a slipper clutch with brushless motor which I don't have and so far the diffs hold up alright. This may be because my ESC<font>&amp;</font>motor combo is not the most powerful piece out there.
</font></font><font face="Arial">Sure i had to go for lipo batteries. This seems to be the only way. Got one chap and light 2.4Ah and one long lasting 4.6Ah. Took it for a spin to the park and kept on running for an hour or more on 4600mAh. Well I didn&rsquo;t hold the throttle fully in all the time but I was rather amazed that you can get same run time as charge time.
</font><font face="Arial">It runs great on tarmac, beach is fun but sand is harder to clean, gravel is spectacular. Parents were running away with the kids it was such a mess. The problem sure was steering binding, that was rather annoying but I&rsquo;m working on an upgrade using office supplies and it&rsquo;s lot better now. I must say I found the reason why go out when it&rsquo;s raining really hard. It is the best. Wet tarmac and puddles of water. Tonnes of fun. I&rsquo;d like to make a little video of it but am lacking cameraman and waterproof camera. Now I&rsquo;m waiting for the snow to come but it seems unlikely this year.
</font><font face="Arial">Body is a bit beaten up already so doing some reinforcements now and once I finalize my version of water proof chassis cover will post up some pics.</font></div>
Old 12-09-2011, 05:29 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: Me_How

</font></font><font face=''Arial''>Sure i had to go for lipo batteries. This seems to be the only way. Got one chap and light 2.4Ah and one long lasting 4.6Ah. Took it for a spin to the park and kept on running for an hour or more on 4600mAh. Well I didn’t hold the throttle fully in all the time but I was rather amazed that you can get same run time as charge time.
Yeah, brushless systems can extend run time quite a bit depending on what you're running. Especially with a light vehicle.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Me_How

<font size="3">Hey guys,
This question was here already, but what is the biggest battery that fits this car without butchering the chassis? I run 4600mAh LRP. Could it take this:
</font><font size="3">http://www.teamassociated.com/reedy/parts/details/734/</font><font size="3"> ??
That would be the business!
</font>
Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Cliffy10121

Hello! Got myself a DF03ra in jan and have spent the last few months sorting everyhting out. (and building lots of body shells) I had a TA02 many years but was disapointed by its off road ability and things breaking every time I took it out so it has been in the loft for over ten years.
As soon as I saw theDF03 RA I got the RC car bug again. I've uprated everything over the last few months and refrainned from taking it out untill it was all done so I can just use the thing without it breaking every time.
I'll share my  specs as soon as I get some photo's taken.
Thanks for the information you have all posted, it was extreamly usefull and helped me get back up to speed again. Things have moved on so much.
The only thing I want to do to it now is a sway bar/anti roll bar. I understand there isn't one spesificaly for the DF03ra so my question is does anyone out there have a sway bar fitted and if so what one.

Thanks agin for this very usfull sauce of information.

</p>
Old 03-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Cliffy10121

I want a Corrolla WRC shell for my DF03RA. I understand the wheel base is shorter, but would it fit if I had the shorter wheel base arms installed. If yes, then anyone know where I can get a shell from?

Many thanks!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:49 AM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

Just finished mine:

Pearl white
Castle Sidewinder 4600kv
2S Lipo
Upgrade slipper clutch

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22875.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	1747767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53538.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	1747768  
Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Casper06

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

I've been having an issue with my DF03Ra. I was trying to drift it and it... well, didn't. Basically for some reason its basically almost FWD. I spin one rear wheel and the other one spins the opposite way. When I spin them both, the front wheels do not turn as well. The front wheels do not turn in opposite directions. They do however somewhat spin the rear wheels. With power on, the front wheels spin much faster than the rear wheels however the rear wheels do spin. What I'm thinking is that the person who built it switched the front and rear gears or something. What are your thoughts?
I know this is a late reply but it sounds like the front diffs are set really tight. You should take the diff's apart. and inspect them for any extreme wear then rebuild them according to specs per the manual.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:16 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: w0mbat

Just finished mine:

Pearl white
Castle Sidewinder 4600kv
2S Lipo
Upgrade slipper clutch

That looks really good. I wish my body turned out that nice.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:41 PM
narwalrus

Turns out it was the bearings. I think I'm going to do a full rebuild, as I really like the car, it was just becoming a bit of a pain.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Me_How

It's hard to believe, but I've done it. Yes I kinda forgot battery plugged into my ESC for THREE FREAKEN DAYS! I was doing some maintenance work on bearings and others and in the end left the battery in. Obvious consequence is flat LIPO - read not good at all. Charger only recognized it as 1S pack so straight charging wasn't an option. Quick search suggested paralleling charged and discharged packs to get it over 3V. I was shorting and messing with batteries in the past but never with type that can actually explode or catch up on fire. This action certainly got my respect. Anyway I made up a little connector and connected both batteries +with+ and -with-. First few experimental seconds gave me some sparks partially melting tip of nail. Gave it few shocks and then left for 3 minutes. After that the battery was recognized by my charger and gave it full charge. Tomorrow test run...
Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Me_How

<font size="2">In case anyone of you was looking for replacement urethane bumper for Lancia Delta it is NOT #51007 that I have purchased.This one is overall length of 53mm not 42mm as original. It is most likely to be #51019 you need.</font>
Old 05-02-2012, 05:26 AM
stormridersp

Could someone manage to improvise or find Sway Bars for this chassis?<div>
</div>
Old 05-02-2012, 06:27 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

I would be checking the rear diff... sounds like its set way to loose and is slipping
Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 PM
narwalrus

Yeah the bearing fixed it but now i'm having trouble finding the rest of the parts after I moved...
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bugga...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.