Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:52 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Well guys....I did like Jeff said, I went to the bathroom before I took it out. Good thing I did, I almost pooped myself.
Crash ~

CRAZY....!! I bet it was almost the best poop of all time to huh ?! And you'd do it all over again in a heart beat I bet........ Hek, I bet Jay is already working on his now...LOL..! Is there anyway someone new could attempt to fly it, like me ? I'am guessing probally not... I wonder if the Stryker would be easier.... Next time ya talk to Rick over at the EDF thread, maybe ask for me... I was eyeing it again, at the LHS the other day.... The Typhoon is a handful as it is for me, so I don't know.... I wish I did know though..!

I wish you could get video somehow.... Hey..... Jay has a camera...!! If you both drive to meet, it should only take, what... A tad over an hour each way for both..?!

Keep us posted definately on flight #2........

Take care Vic,

~ Jeff
Old 09-12-2008, 06:19 PM
choppersrule

Jeff,

Thanks for posting your last video of the Vapor, LOOKING GOOD! Depending on weather, and it's suppose to rain all week-end. Bummer... I'll pack up the Vapor and the Helis and take them to my work place, Saturday. I work at a large car dealership, and I can use the mechanics service area. It's roughly 125' x 60', and 20 foot ceiling. I'll let ya know tomorrow how it turns out.

Arrow,

Enjoyed your video of the bi-plane, looks great. Once in awhile it a good thing to play hookey, gotta enjoy life. I miss your words of wizdom.. Plan your work, then work your plan. Tell Jacki I said HI! God Bless ya both.

Vic,

You ***** Yourself, LMAO, ROTF... Didn't I tell ya to go slow. 300 feet in a few seconds on maiden flight, YIKEs almighty. You don't hand launch a plane capable of 85 mph at full throttle.[X(] Well, that's over... Hmm, since you were having trouble seeing it at times, now you need to think of a color scheme that will improve visability.. At that speed, you at least want to see it. DUH!
Glad you had a succesful maiden flight, keep us posted and pictures of the paint, on what you decide on.

Rick,

Glad to hear from ya and that you're doing much better.. Put the helis in the highest place you have, maybe the attic or something.
You take care and keep us inform on weather conditions, you know we are all behind you. Estar seguro de mi amigo.

Words of wisdom: Tommy Lasorda once said, "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Dave / Choppersrule

Old 09-12-2008, 06:32 PM
J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

I always liked this quote, or actually a short story by George Carlin...... SO TRUE.....!! :

A wonderful Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways , but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness. We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things. We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less. These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete... Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side. Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent. Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you. Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind. AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. If you don't send this on...Who cares?

George Carlin
Old 09-12-2008, 06:44 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hey guys, I saw the whole video. Hmm, I thought that when the storyboard was done I killed the music. I guess not. The heli vid is bad. And I broke the centerpiece that the servo links go to. I'll find the real name and hopefully they will have one at the lhs.

Tim
Old 09-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Wnuk

Sounds like you had a great time Vic. I still have some left over diapers from my 3 year old if you need them for the next time you fly

BTW, what kind of paint scheme you planning?
Old 09-12-2008, 07:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

BTW, what kind of paint scheme you planning?
I heard sky blue............................
Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 PM
crashcrash

Follow-up: I got the test/tune/trim flight done. I trimmed 'er out and run at 3/8 throttle...alot more relaxed. Of course I had to do a victory roll or two (LMAO). The ONLY thing I don't like about it's flight characteristics is that in a turn, the nose REALLY likes to drop so when you turn on bank, better be on the elevator too. Think I'll program in the auto sync for the elevator and aileron. Even at 45% D/R, she still snap rolls pretty good. This is one of those planes that it don't care if it's inverted or not....completely aerodynamic. As Dave ALWAYS says....SETUP. That was the whole KEY to the success. I must have checked the vertical stab 100 times to ensure it was exactly straight, and checked the elevons 1000 times before putting it up. Like I said before....I have NEVER flown anything like it...it's AWSOME (not to mention a bit SCARY). I'll get used to it eventually. I did end up putting some bright red wide stripes on the wings an vert stab so I could see it better. Gotta go post flight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80136.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	1032032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13045.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	1032033  
Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
scottwalton

My brand new HBKII with 3900 brushless was shipped today from JAG.

Sweet!!

Scott
Old 09-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Wnuk

You'll really like it Scott. Congrats!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:20 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: scottwalton

My brand new HBKII with 3900 brushless was shipped today from JAG.

Sweet!!

Scott

Great news...you'll love it....
Old 09-12-2008, 08:29 PM
choppersrule

Vic,

Your right, I ALWAYS say SET-UP, it's the most critical thing you can do for a helicopter or plane. Everyone, take the extra time to SET-UP properly. Makes flying so much more enjoyable... Dude, super happy, after the test/tune/trim and a reasonable throttle level(), things went well. And a good idea too, adding the wide red stripes. KUDOS to ya, I think you may have found a winner here.
On the nose going down on a turn, just add a kick of rudder and she'll be fine.

Jeff Michael,

George Carlin is one of my favorites... He is ALWAYS RIGHT on the money with his acts. Most folks don't get it, but he's so right.
You may be to young to remeber him when he first got started, he was the "Hippy Dippy Weather Man", with hippy dippy weather........man. There's a ton of his acts on youtube.com, just type in George Carlin in the search window and have a ball.

Scott,

Congrats from me too, as Mr. Wnuk said, "You'll really like it Scott." As you know, there's several of us with the HBK2 with alot of experience, so any questions, fire away.. Take it slow and inspect it throughly, before maiden flight. Pays off. SET-UP!

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-12-2008, 08:55 PM
choppersrule

Tip of the Day,

Getting your swashplate level.... Total Crap-ola.. Be flexible.. Get your CG as close as possible. Of course this will very with different size batteries and weights. Find a battery you like and stick with it, makes everything ALOT easier.

Center all the trim levers.. Especially the right stick, aileron and elevator.. Make a test hover. Which way is it going? Forward, left, right. Make linkage adjustment to correct. Repeat as necessary.

I love flying the heli, but I think I like working on it more to make it fly with ease.

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-12-2008, 09:15 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Tip of the Day,

Getting your swashplate level.... Total Crap-ola.. Be flexible.. Get your CG as close as possible. Of course this will very with different size batteries and weights. Find a battery you like and stick with it, makes everything ALOT easier.

Center all the trim levers.. Especially the right stick, aileron and elevator.. Make a test hover. Which way is it going? Forward, left, right. Make linkage adjustment to correct. Repeat as necessary.

I love flying the heli, but I think I like working on it more to make it fly with ease.

Dave / Choppersrule
Agreed...especially on scalers. It's not uncommon to have the swash 3-4deg tilted forward to maintain zero movement hover on a scaler....a bit less on stock. Where ever it hovers in one place the best is where the swash should be.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
theradioflyer

Howdy All

Tracy, sorry to see the F4-U go in, she looked a bit tail heavy. I hope she get's air under the wings soon. That bipe is NICE[8D] I bet you could back that thing up in a light breeze.

Scott, Your in for a great ride[8D]

Dave, your so right, be flexible on the set-up. I've had 3 of the same kind of plane and each flew differently even though I tried my best to set them up the same. All have different personalities so you compensate for the best.

Jeff, George Carlin held nothing back and even though he had some distasteful bits, (which I don't mind and find funny), he was brutally honest. He's certainly missed.

Rick, stay safe and let us know when it passes, we're praying for Ya!

Vic, may I say last but certainly not least... Holy Smokes! That's what we live for[8D] I'm glad to hear it went so well and it flies great. The size of these models makes it hard because they go out of site so darn fast! Congrats[8D]

God Bless BOB's!

Jay
Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Howdy All

Tracy, sorry to see the F4-U go in, she looked a bit tail heavy. I hope she get's air under the wings soon. That bipe is NICE[8D] I bet you could back that thing up in a light breeze.

Scott, Your in for a great ride[8D]

Dave, your so right, be flexible on the set-up. I've had 3 of the same kind of plane and each flew differently even though I tried my best to set them up the same. All have different personalities so you compensate for the best.

Jeff, George Carlin held nothing back and even though he had some distasteful bits, (which I don't mind and find funny), he was brutally honest. He's certainly missed.

Rick, stay safe and let us know when it passes, we're praying for Ya!

Vic, may I say last but certainly not least... Holy Smokes! That's what we live for[8D] I'm glad to hear it went so well and it flies great. The size of these models makes it hard because they go out of site so darn fast! Congrats[8D]

God Bless BOB's!

Jay

You'll LOVE yours!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:28 PM
theradioflyer

I'm still waiting on the "shipped" confirmation email
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 PM
J-MICHAEL

You guys are making me reeeeaaaaally wanting to get a Stryker.... Where did you guys order your F-16's from ? And are they an RTF ? Brushless ? Come on Vic need some info here.... Jay when you do get yours, you really will have to shoot a video for that one. [8D]
Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

You guys are making me reeeeaaaaally wanting to get a Stryker.... Where did you guys order your F-16's from ? And are they an RTF ? Brushless ? Come on Vic need some info here.... Jay when you do get yours, you really will have to shoot a video for that one. [8D]
Jeff...they come with 55mm fan unit, motor (that IS NOT under powered) and a 30 amp ESC.
You supply the two servos/radio system, and it runs on a 2200mAh 20C battery. I did some recommended re-enforcements to the tail and nose sections because as stock...I guess they're a little weak. I used .030 clear sheeting from the LHS....worked good.

The only thing I really got to get used to is the nose drop on a turn which is caused by having the flight controls all on the tail. I've found out that as you're learning this thing...get it above the tree tops BEFORE making any turns so you can get used to the way it handles. Rickesco says he can get his to come in very slow and stable to land. Both my landings were a tad hot, but the second landing was slower than the first. All I can say about flying it...."holy *****"!

Price is about the same anywhere ($139), but shipping can be the difference:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/107312.asp

Their shipping is VERY reasonable (unless they're using UPS...then it's SCARY).

Rest assured....I'm gonna buy another to keep on the shelf.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

Cool Vic, thanks for the info.... I definately bookmarked that... Interesting only two servos... And UPS.... Yes that's scary, last year I had a package dropped off at a vacant house for sale next door, and the UPS website said it was delivered and showed the time and everything ! Good thing, I have brains enough to figure out it was sitting next door in a house that was totally obvious that no one was living there. I wouldn't have figured, but since I've had other problems in the past with UPS, it didn't take much to figure it out............. Idiots.....

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-13-2008, 12:12 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hey guys, this is my latest movie. http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...%209-12%20.wmv This is the Bug that I reference regularly. I have also figured out how to work Wmm better. I want to thank all of you for allowing me to play here. My heli skills are darn near nonexistent, and I trend towards planks. But I have been accepted here.

Tim
Old 09-13-2008, 12:14 AM
J-MICHAEL

Vic ~

Easy to fly they say on the webite ?! Totally getting it ! For $139.00, and if I can get one flight out of her and piss my pants, its all worth it... But having no patience, might lead me to the Stryker though..................
Old 09-13-2008, 04:05 AM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

Vic~now i want one that jet is so cool and good price too,i have everything for it but a battery,just don't have the extra money.turn and burn buddy
Old 09-13-2008, 09:26 AM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: mikey1964

Vic~now i want one that jet is so cool and good price too,i have everything for it but a battery,just don't have the extra money.turn and burn buddy

OK guys....

Tim, nice video. Hey it took me almost two years to get proficient enough with helicopters, and it cost me big $$$ to get this far. A good helicopter that's setup correctly is the key. HBKII with a 3800kv brushless rig is the best bet to succeed. I'm flying an OLD MX-400, and I have two EXI-450's. I really like the EXI-450's, and I'm gonna retire the MX-400 in favor of them.

Mike and Jeff.... Get proficient with what you're flying before getting this F-16. Yeah...it flies good, but I don't think EASY is a good discription. I had HELP to get where I'm at from Rickesco off the EDF thread here on RCU. I've been researching EDF for about 6 months or so before pulling the trigger on this one. I almost screwed up and bought the GreatPlanes L-39...but I haven't had much luck with the GreatPlanes EP Corsair because of design, so I looked at this one for months, and checked a lot of threads for problems etc. I also watched EVERY video on you-tube...crashes and all. The biggest cause of crashes is improper launch or improper building of the plane. One guy even had the servo wires sucked into the fan unit and it crashed. I cut channels for the servo wires, and used high quality packing tape to hold them in the channels. The ESC is held in with velcro....that MIGHT be a prob if it comes loose...it's 1.5" away from the fan. I'm NOT saying don't get one but I am saying "DO your home work" before getting one. It could have easily went bad for me, but I really took a lot of time to make sure it was right before putting it up, and I talked to people who have flown them and asked for help on questions I had, and how to set it up.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:50 AM
choppersrule

Vic,

Man that phase 3 is awesome, I watched a couple videos on youtube. Alot bigger than I expected.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GHebVzGADpk

Well, Liz and I are off shopping and stuff.

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 AM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

Vic~you want to fly something crazy try flying a 30 size extra crashed my first time out because i had the throws set to high,tried doing a looped and it snaped at about 20 feet saved it and janked on the stick and it snaped again so i chopped the throttle and put it in, but after i set them right i could fly it with a lot of speed on takeoff and landing stalls very easy, been flying everything from small electrics to 1/4 scale for 10 years so i think with a little help i could fly that little sceamer[X(] thanks for the info mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.