Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Thanks!

Yup, you are right, I was thinking long and hard about the one Ikeep seeing at the LHS...yes, they STILL have it, from like November of last year...

But, they want $510 for an SE/CDE, and then it needs servos, tail servo, and a gyro on top of that...for the price of this Super Combo, and being a much newer design, Icounldn't resist it over the V2...

Should be fun. Ispent a couple of hours this morning reading up on the forums, most people love 'em....so I figure it must be pretty decent...

Glenn
Old 05-16-2009, 06:20 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

So cool...! Yeah baby...! LMAO...... I was looking at those hard just recently also ! Its cool they also have the weights in the grips copied from the famous Chinese weight mod. You should love that heli ! You know how reliable and accurate your 500 is, well the 450 pro is just a mini-version... I love my 450 and it will always be one of my favorite heli's... Keep us posted on the build and all that Jazz. We'll expect a video by the morning... Lol...
Old 05-16-2009, 06:43 PM
JPEE

<span style="color: #0000ff">Hey Guys,

I played with the 400 this morning and all went well. The 401 is holding well and peformed as it should! Here is my vid for the day. Better seen on You Tube at full screen. I had zoomed in a bit and lost my framing so the first half is at the top of the frame, but you'll get the idea.The second part is more centered in the screen. This is only my seconddoing these moves and the first for the last move.</span>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdblP0q3cjo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdblP0q3cjo[/youtube]

JPEE
Old 05-16-2009, 08:39 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Glenn congrads on the t-rex 450 that sure is a nice looking heli, I knew you were up to no good when you left that message before lol

I am sure you will be up for the next few nights lol I thought I was going to stay up and center all my servos and such, but I am beat.
I programmed my esc and mounted the motor, thats all I can do tonight, baby steps
Old 05-16-2009, 09:07 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Jeff,

Yeah, Ithink i'm gonna love this heli as well...I like my B400 alot, but Ithink this is going to be a new experience, for sure! I am just doing the very first part of the "build", so to speak, and of course watched Finless do every step before hand...no big surprises, but it's always good to hear what he has to say, and he has alot of good tips as usual...

Just got done inspecting the swash and lower head assembly, mine was all good, loctite on everything, FInless had one ball missing loctite on his...now onto the main head and grips, he said his kit had zero grease, so that's what I'm expecting to find here as well...

JPEE,

Lookin' good my friend! It's cool, once you "break the ice" so to speak on a move like backflips, then they become much easier the next few times you do them....congrats on the roll...they are fun too! The video was nice and sharp as well...congrats on a job well done!!

Heli,

I'll be up pretty late on this project, but I have no expectations of getting it hover ready before the end of the weekend, it's going to roll into this week, and maybe next weekend, I do believe, no rush. Ireally enjoy building the helis, so I'm deff taking my time, and getting this 100%...

Hey, take your time, no rush, like you have said all along...and you will be rewarded with a great flying heli in the end!

Have fun!!

Glenn
Old 05-16-2009, 10:49 PM
JPEE

<span style="font-size: x-large">Jeff, what are you up to....................A 600 ??? I'll bet on.
<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: small">
</span><span style="font-size: xx-small">Hey Guys,</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Well I know I have been a bit busy but my goodness I slack off a few days and Glenn, you go out and get another heli. Well &ldquo;congratulations&rdquo; my friend. I hope you have all the fun in the world with your build and the flying of the new T-Rex. If you get stuck on the build don&rsquo;t hesitate to give me a call if there is any way I can help you&hellip;. YEA F-ING RIGHT SKIPPY, like I could help Glenn LOL. I would if I could, you do know that.</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small"></span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Nick,</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">As I read my back pages I did not see much from you so you must still be feeling a bit under the weather hey? Please feel better.</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Yes I found the 600 wobble/vibration but I don&rsquo;t know why. I had never balanced my blades since getting used. When got the 600 she seemed fine on spool up. But later on one day I had the blades off for some reason so I balanced them &ldquo;just because&rdquo;. I put three small tapes on one blade for balancing. The short of this is, I took the blades off and there was no vibration on spool up yesterday or so. So I re-checked the balance and go figure now the tape had me off. I pulled it off and she is smooth as a new babies butt! So I thought ok she spools up fine lets lift off. I found myself struggling to hold the tail from wanting togo 360 on me. I checked my trims and all was good. I checked my sub trim and it was zero. So I adjusted the sub trim all of the way to one side &ldquo;positive&rdquo; and the heli still wanted to come around. Then I re-centered everything and found my tail blades wont hardly move from straight! I disconnected the servo rod and the tail moves very free. But the servo with 100% open limit in the TX&hellip;. it hardly moves at all when called upon with the TX. I even tried switching the gyro down to less than 40% to see if it would move in that mode, nope. It might be a wire pulled out of the receiver I don&rsquo;t know, just have not had time to look. I did check the servo by hand and it move freely. I&rsquo;ll do some more checking before I cry out for help.</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small"></span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Heli,</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Hope to see some videos soon of your new heli too. Your build is going right along it seems.</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small"></span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Evan,</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Glad your back in the swing of flying again and loving it!</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small"></span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Mr. Jeff, Glenn</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Thanks for the kind words on the video posting. Jeff&hellip;. the Logo really looks nice too. You must love flying something big, they are so easy to see.</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small"></span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">Carl, don&rsquo;t go dark-out on us&hellip;&hellip;where are ya man?</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small"></span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: xx-small">JPEE</span></div></span><span style="font-size: xx-small">
</span>
Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

You probably have seen Finless's video on the tail assembly, where he states to make the tail grips trailing edge control instead of leading edge on the 450 Pro.

JPEE,

Yeah I am still stick and almost lost my voice today. I still don't have my computer, so that limits how much I can post.

Idon't have time to watch your vid tonight, so Iwill try to find time tomorrow to watch it.

Nick
Old 05-16-2009, 11:23 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Thanks for the well wishes on the new Trex, I am loving this thing already....it's pretty amazing. Jeff was right, it's going together like a baby Trex 500! Very sweet kit, for sure. The parts, like the feathering shaft, the blade mounting screws, the links are all super heavy duty compared to the B400...but this one won't be as light asa stock B400...so there is a trade off....it looks like this thing will hold up pretty well in a crash....hope I don't find out too soon...LOL

Nick,

Ihaven't gottten that far yet, I only watched Finless's vids up to the end of the head, which is where Iam at now...I'm going to do a couple more things tonight, and then take a break...no rush on this heli....got plenty of others to fly! My progress tomorrow will be dictated by the weather, if it's rainy all day, I'll get more done, but if it turns nice, I'll want to fly some instead.

This kit is very impressive, it reminds me very much of the 500 build (no surprise there!)....everything is top notch so far. There was no grease in the thrust bearings, and loctite only on one screw in the spindle...exactly like Finless's was....at least they are consistent with their assembly screw ups. Iwish it had been available in a complete kit form....it's almost more work to disassemble and reassemble than it would be to do it from scratch!

Hope you feel better.....ugghh....Ihope yourvoicedoes not do like mine did....took a couple of monthsto get mine back tonormal after that happened!! Just recently has it gotten back to 100%...

Hope you getyour PC backsoon too, missed having you post alot lately!

Glenn

Old 05-17-2009, 09:49 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Nice vid.Now you just need to hold it inverted.

Glenn,

Good to hear you are liking the 450 even more. I liked that on the 600 Align didn't assemble anything or have loctite on anything.

Nick
Old 05-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Carljw

Jpee
Been busy the last few days and got a new toy. I will post a few photos later.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:31 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Hope you are feeling better....

Iwas just watching the next step on the build, this heli is a completely different animal when it comes to mounting and setting 90 on the servos, because of the way they are mounted to the bearing block...

Basically, you have to setup the servo arms, and 90 them out of the heli, before you even mount them. Looks like a PITAlater on, if you strip a servo gear or something. But, at least they are metal gear servos, hopefully, that will be a rare occurance....

Since Idon't have a 6 volt battery and lead to power up my RX, I'm going to have to solder the EC3 to the ESCnow, so Ican power up the RX and do the servos. Just a bit different order than I'm used to!

Glenn
Old 05-17-2009, 12:50 PM
HeliStyle

seems like your on a roll glenn, can't wait to see that thing all done

I actually finished my servo setup, making sure servos are in right directions and servo centering, now I am just having a hard time setting up the tail servo and such :/ I had to step away for a bit
Old 05-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Carljw

Hi Everyone
Here is my new toy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98683.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1200333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70552.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1200334  
Old 05-17-2009, 01:00 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Nice car.

Nick
Old 05-17-2009, 01:39 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Carl,

Nice, Ilike the color, looks cool!

Heli,

Ihad to step away too, and go get some stuff Ineeded to go further.

Idecided to just get a 4 AA battery holder, so Ican power up the reciever without getting the ESCinvolved for right now, just keeps things simpler that way.

I couldn't believe Radio Shack didn't have one, they are getting really lame on their electronics stuff....got one from the LHS, so Ishould be good to bind the RX, and start setting up some servos!

Nick,

Iam notsure how the receiver will mountjustyet, Ihad a hard time deciding on the regular AR6100or the "e"with thepins in the end...Igot the regular one. Finless used an"e" on his...notsure if it'll be better outthetop or not...will see when Iget there...

Ilike his tip on theShoe Gooon the AR6100 antennae, that's a great idea, I'm going to do the same, except with clear RTV. Different approach, same end effect, Iamhoping, since Idon't have any shoegoo laying around..

Glenn

Old 05-17-2009, 08:49 PM
theradioflyer

I just watched your videos on page 304, Incredible Nick[8D]

Blessings,

Jay
Old 05-17-2009, 10:49 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, it doesn't look like much yet, but here's the build so far, some pics for y'all...

Setting up the servos out of the heli was a new experience, I got a battery box, and powered up the receiver that way...got everything going the right way, and servos mounted now, at 90 degrees...

The servo/upper bearing mount area is quite cramped, as you can see. Also the frame is very narrow, 1 1/16 inches wide!

Took a break and did some flying earlier this evening, got some aileron flips going with the B400 and the CPP2 today! Nick, Itried once to keep it inverted.....that's going to take a little more practice!!

Gonna see what Ican get done with the tail box now....I am guessing this heli won't be ready for any spool up action until later in the week sometime...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86011.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1200780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91831.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1200781   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28644.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1200782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80549.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1200783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny27847.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1200784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Of59758.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1200785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ac62166.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1200786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gf18052.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1200787  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf69602.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1200788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Na20728.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1200789  
Old 05-17-2009, 11:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

Sweet car ! I was wondering what ya have been up to. Heh.... You and JPEE can go hit the strip and pick up some ladies...LMAO...

Nick ~

Hope your feeling better.... Its quiet without ya. Glenn might start going through withdrawals without his wingman here so hurry up and get better !

Glenn ~

I've been busy over at the other thread, but kept checking on your progress, and she is looking really good ! I can't wait for a flight report.... Almost time for an updated fleet picture eh ?! Ya might have to stand back a bit....LMAO....

Evan ~

Put those RC cars away.....LMAO...

Heli ~

Hope your enjoying your new 450 ! Don't you dare sell it..... LMAO....

JPEE ~

Its time for a fuselage for that 600.....

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 AM
evdreamer

Thanks Jay.

Glenn,

I didn't realize that the frame was that skinny. It looks like it might be a pain to put the pinion on with the aileron servos right above it. My 600 has a similar design and Ihave to take the motor out just to put a new pinion on. It looks good and I am looking forward to some video of it flying.

Cool to hear you got to fly and tried your hands at inverted flight.

I have been wanting to fly for a long time, so Itried to download G4 into my dad's computer, but the graphics card isn't good enough. So G4 won't even open because of it. Then Idownloaded FSOne, which worked. But the helis are underpowered and the tail tends to blowout. But it is better than nothing.

Jeff,

I am starting to feel better and my voice is starting to come back.

Nick
Old 05-18-2009, 07:15 AM
HeliStyle

no selling this thing lol

Still having a hard time setting up the tail servo, without it binding and such :/
spent to much time on it last night, my tx battry went dead
not sure what I am doing wrong but something isn't right
Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 AM
JPEE

Carl,

GOOD for you!

That car look HOT! sissssssssssssssssssssssssssss. BTW I love the color. All of my Harleys have been Blue.

Nick, hope your feeling better buddy! The loss of your voice and all of that horseness can be miserable, sorry feel poorly.
Are you getting the computer repaired or replaced?

Glenn, after talking last night you should be ready for your spool up this morning and the maiden by noon right! Man that 450 is built like a TANK. That thing looks "indestructable". But I do see what you were saying about where the servos are E-GADDS

WAIT! Nick just said your flying inverted, you did not mention that before. You guys and your secrets he he he.

Jeff, when does your AIRWOLFfuse come in?????????????????

Helistyle, get that tail worked out so we can you flying man...........good luck forsure!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 AM
HeliStyle

I am deff trying lol

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, with setting up this servo, but its deff binding up. It is actually getting warm. I tryed messing around with travel adjustmens on the rudder on my radio but its driving me nuts lol
Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

My dad and I intended to get my computer fixed, but the company kind of screwed us over. My hard drive was bad, so they replaced that and said to call HPfor a disk needed to get everything running. Then we called HP and they stopped making the disk a few years ago. So now Ihave a new hard drive, but can't do anything with the computer. So my dad is going to try and give the hard drive back and get his money back. We both don't want Vista and if Ican't get my computer working I will have to wait until the new operation system comes out later this year. So I might be in limbo for awhile.

Helistyle,

Are you setting up the tail in HH mode or Rate mode? If you are in HH mode, you could lower the travel adjustment all the way and it won't do anything. An easy way is to just by pass the gyro. Take the connector from the tail servo and plug it into the rudder pins of the receiver. Then use your travel adjustments to make the servo not bind. But your servo will still bind in HH mode depending on what gyro you have. What gyro do you have? There is some sort of limit on the mid to high end gyros that limit how far the servo moves in HHmode.

Nick
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Thanks, it's coming along nicely, the more l look at this, and build it, the more I like it! Went through the tailbox last night, and whoever at Align does those, is on the ball...loctite on everything, perfect....they should get a pay raise!! LOL

I'm going to use the breakaway torque tube, since Ihave them. It will be interesting to see if they work as advertised...sure would rather replace that than the front torque tube gears, they are somewhat of a PITA, Istill remember from the 500...Igot new gears anyways, just in case.

I'm going to see what else Ican get done tonight, maybe the tail and boom on and ready to set up...

Bummer on your PC...I guess you didn't get or can't find a recovery disc for it? Shame that HPdoes not offer it anymore. Lately, most PC manufacturers don't include a recovery disc, but rather, leave it up to you to make one. Ihave done that for all my PC's, just in case of situation like yours.

Probably a good idea to skip Vista, and go straight to Windows 7 when it comes out, so far, it sounds like they basically overhauled Vista, made it less bloated, and faster. which are the main drawbacks. Ipersonally have no issues with Vista, Ikinda like it...but then again, I didn't get burned like some people with older software and peripherals that didn't work, since I started with all new stuff back in '07.

Hope you can find a way to get something working in the meantime.

JPEE,

Thanks on the 450 comments, it looks pretty stout, Ithink it will hold up fairly well in a crash...just hope the servos are strong!!

Well, before you get too far, Ionly ATTEMPTED inverted flight....I would not say that I actually accomplished it....unless you count about 3 seconds as inverted!!! That's about how long Ikept it that way, before it got away....certainly didn't go quite like on the sim!!

Ihave to fix my problem with mixing elevator in with the aileron on the aileron flips....Ithink that is what is messing me up....maybe I'll stiffen the tension on the cyclic stick a bit on the DX6i, and see if that helps or not, and do some more sim practice.

Glenn
Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

My computer gave the option to make a recovery disk, but my dad didn't make one when he got the computer.

I have the solid TTin my 450, so I will let you know if the front gears get stripped in a tail strike.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.