Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

Just got done pinning the tailboom. Piece of cake, took like 2 minutes. Well worth it, but I still don't see how the boom can come out with the struts holding it in, they are pretty heavy duty...

But, better safe than sorry, esp for something that is that easy to do!

I got my old "editor" back, you can go into settings and change it back to the old style, which I liked alot better...just FYI...so I can still figure out how to select and copy posts, in case they get lost in cyberspace somewhere, like they occasionally do...lol

Gorgeous weather today, it's going to be hard to decide whether to fly or build tonight after work!!

JPEE,

Sounds like you got off really light on the 500 crash?? Just a couple of parts? Blades OK....and the torque tube?

Glenn
Old 05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Ithought the same thing about the struts holding the boom in, but I also thought it was easy to pin the boom. Since Finless ejected the boom on his 500 and 600, I guess the struts can't hold the boom in completely.

Good to hear you weather is good. Mine is 88 degrees with really strong winds. There hasn't been a calm day here for over a week.

Nick
Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, better safe than sorry, I should probably do the 500 here while I have the drill and bit here to do it...just gotta find a screw.

Sorry your weather is windy...looks pretty good here for the rest of the week...even into the weekend, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I figure it's going to take at least until the weekend before I'm ready for a test hover or maiden on the 450 anyways...no rush.

Looks like the next step is installing the head, and setting up the linkage. There was a misprint in the manual, so watching Finless do it first saved me some time already. His videos are priceless, it's sure nice to know the pitfalls before you start on something...

Hope you get some better weather soon, and a working PC, and get over your cold...you have a triple whammy going on.....feel bad for ya![] Hang in there!

Glenn
Old 05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

so guys I really need some more help

I went to check my pitch with my pitch gauge at low, mid and high stick

My read

low stick 5 degrees
midstick 7 degreess
and high stick like 14 degrees

not sure how to adjust or correct that :/ and I am confused
Old 05-19-2009, 09:02 PM
JPEE

Helistyle,

That is not that far off. Changing the pitch is not hard. BUT I will lat Nick or Glenn help you as I am not familure with your heli brand. Only today I had to adjust my tacking and to make sure my pitches were right. I fly at 11+ full open and 0 zero and mid stick and 12- and closed throttle. Those are kinda the recommended curves. But when I started this journey I had closed them down to closed throttle Zero then going up through the throttle to full at 12+. The reason I did that was everytime I would get close to crashing I would freak and shut off the throttle, which in turn took my pitch to <u>negative</u> and would drive my heli into the ground.So by pulling that out to ZERO pitch at closed throttleI could slam down the throttle without planting the puppy into the ground. Now Iam not suggesting you do this but just showing you some optionsasI do not know your skill level.

JPEE
Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds like it's time for a refresher course on CCPM setup on Finless's videos....

He covers it all, perfectly, much better than I can...just take it step by step, pausing the vid if you need to...he breaks it down into two vids...just watch 'em...

Basically, you need to get the servos at exactly 90 degrees at half stick, which should be exactly 50% on your pitch curve, hopefully you have all that setup correctly so far, using sub trim if necessary. Then it's a matter of linkage adjustments to get the swash where you need it to be, about in mid travel, and then level the washout arms, then the upper mixing arms, which should put your pitch pretty close. You adjust the total travel with the swash mix....Finless explains it all very clearly, and the heli he uses is a Trex 450, so your heli should be really close to that...

If you are not sure, please feel free to let us know, or PM me, and we'll help! Don't want you to get discouraged now!![X(]

Let us know...

Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Nick, hope your getting well day by day. We do miss your "constaint" on the thread and hope you get a new computer soon!

Jeff, Ijust woke up from my napper. I hear you got a Logo heli?

Glenn, I hope your build is going well! Today LOOKYJ at the LHS picked up your new T Rex and said IWANTONE. I told him you've got it and he is jelious!

My 500
Well....................it looks like there is a bit more wrong than met the eye at first blush. I got the new skids on, then pulled the blades so I might try spool up and seeif the main shaft is bent. However, before that I powered up the servos to find my pitch servos jerky and Iguess stripped. I also found during that check that the swash does not want to slide up and down without extream effort so there is something wrong in the head too. I am done for the night, had to get away from it for awhile.

JPEE
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
HeliStyle

guys

i think I am just losing it lol

working on blade pitch for 3 hours

and guess what ahhhhhhhhhhh

I had my first point on my pitch curve set to zero along with the second one, and I didn't even notice it
I must have been really tired

now since I fixed everything my pitch is

low -2
mid 0
high +10

I think thats what I want correct me if I am wrong lol
Old 05-19-2009, 10:37 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Here's today's progress on the build...not too much, but the important stuff went well, installed the main rotor head, and main gear, etc. and got everything going the right direction...

Swash is nice and level, as are the washout arms, the mixing arms, and the blade grips look real close to zero pitch without using a gauge.

I managed to get a little flying in too, took the B400, CPP2, and the Gaui up to the club field, and just flew a bit, nothing too fancy, working on the basics...[8D]

JPEE,

Sorry to hear that the 500 has some "concealed" damage that you didn't see at first...hope it's nothing too serious. Those DS510's are not metal gear, so it's not too surprising that they stripped. That was one of the selling points for me on the 450 V3, it's got MG servos right out of the box..

Nick,

MISS ya !!

Hope your weather improves some so you can get some flying in soon!!

Talk to ya soon!

Glenn

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50611.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1202156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39606.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1202157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag90999.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1202158  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:07 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It seems like this cold doesn't want to go away. I am coughing all day, but I am taking some medicine and cough drops and that is helping a little.

My dad was offered a good deal on a computer from HPbecause of this ordeal. Ijust don't know how long it is going to take to get here though.

Glenn,

It looks like you are getting close to being done with the 450. Ilike that black head compared to the stock blue one on mine.

Good to hear you got to fly at the field.

It looks like it will be windy till Saturday. Then it is going to be raining for a few days after that.

Nick
Old 05-20-2009, 09:23 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Hope you feel better soon, that cold sounds alot like the nasty one I just managed to finally get rid of...mine hung on forever...hope your recovery is quicker than mine was...

Yeah, I really love the non-adjustable links...makes life so simple, there's only two links to adjust for the pitch once the swash is setup.

So, your dad ordered the new PC from HP? I guess it's going to have Vista? Hope you didn't lose too much stuff off of your old hard drive. I know you had a backup, but it seems there is always some stuff you forget to back up.

Heli,

You doin' your Finless homework??

Let us know how you're doing!

JPEE,

Good luck on the 500 rebuild, keep us updated, I am curious as to what else you find...hope it's minimal. I guess the servos can be rebuilt, using the Align parts...wonder if they offer metal gears for those servos while you are in there?

Jeff,

Let see some video of all that super high performance stuff on the helis!!!

Carl,

Enjoy that new car, looks like it's just in time for convertible season!!

Evan,

Did you go back on an RC car kick again??

Glenn
Old 05-20-2009, 11:25 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Iwas going to comment your head setup is kind of like my flybarless version. There is just 3 adjustable links to the swash and two for the blade grips.

Yeah I am getting a new computer from HPthat has windows XPon it. The only thing I can think of that I lost is the links to RC and electronic related websites. Then Ididn't update my flight record, so there is probably 20-30 flights not accounted for on my backup. Besides that Ihaven't needed anything else that isn't on my flash drive.

Nick
Old 05-20-2009, 12:24 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, the head setup is sweet, very simple design. The only drawback I can see is that you don't have any adjustability, so if something gets slightly bent, you wouldn't be able to adjust it out, you'd have to find and replace the bent part.

That's cool that you were able to get a PC with XP still, I was pretty sure that you cannot buy a new desktop PC with XP, unless it's refurbished, or a business computer...interesting...

I'm going to go try to get a flight or two in here before I go back to work, it's sooo nice here, 68 degrees, little wind, sunshine...doesn't get much better than that!

Hope you feel better, and get a break in the weather soon.

Glenn
Old 05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I think it might be a business computer, like windows XPPro or something like that.

Good to hear you have great weather. It is in the mid 80's with 20-30MPHwinds.

Nick
Old 05-20-2009, 03:18 PM
HeliStyle

well everything is setup, but I am having trouble with the tail. I made sure main blades where spinning clockwise and the tail rotors where spinning counterclose, checked for servo direction give right rudder slider goes to left, give left rudder slider goes to right. went into a hover and it just started spinning, the tail that is in 360's :/ tryed reversing the gryo switch but it didn't do anything :/
Old 05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

The tail blade direction is kind of relative, it should be spinning up into the main blades. And the slider direction is relative to each heli.The way that applies to every heli looking from the back is, the trailing edge of the blade should face in the direction the nose would go. If it faces right the nose will go right and if it faces left the nose will go left. Use servo reversing for this.

Then you can do the pull test. Move the tail blades, so the trailing edge is facing right. Then yank on the tail, so the nose goes right. The trailing edge should now face left. If it doesn't reverse the gyro direction switch.

Whatdirection was the heli spinning?

Nick
Old 05-20-2009, 04:54 PM
HeliStyle

was spinning to the right.

what do you mean my nose?
Old 05-20-2009, 04:57 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

The front of the helicopter.

Nick
Old 05-20-2009, 05:32 PM
HeliStyle

ahhh I gotcha, Ill try everything out tommorrw, since my transmitter is dead :/

thanks nick
Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Helistyle,

The front of the helicopter.

Nick

Lol....

Glenn ~

I just went back to the old editor... Dang... So much better, and quicker ! [8D] Yeah after viewing your more recent pics of the 450 Pro I bet ya my left nut you never crack or break a frame... It looks way to sturdy with no thin weak spots ya know ? I didn't realize how nice the Pro is until I started viewing your pics... Dang, its very, very sweet and I'll have to get one in time for sure. I'am sold seriously... Maybe by then all the parts will also be more abundant if there not already dunno... Looks good though. Torque Tube...? How sweet is that huh ? I've heard it launches as if it had a Scorpion motor in it from a few guys who have the V2 and then now the Pro. I can't wait for a video... Make sure to spike her a few times for me also ! [8D] Take your time on the build mister !

Heli ~

Come on man, your killing us here, get that thing in the air we need a report....! [8D][8D]

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-20-2009, 05:45 PM
HeliStyle

trust me its killing me lol

I wanna fly it, tommorrw I should have it up in the air after work
Old 05-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Evan T.

Glenn I haven't really been doing anything right now but have been keeping up with the forum
Old 05-20-2009, 07:37 PM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

The old saying; And so it goes! could not be more right. For me today was a rebuild maiden of my 400-2 after the crash Monday and long with 500 T Rex. I have tons of 400 parts on hand so I started there. Two shafts and she was ready to go. I tested Tuesday and found I had a tracking issue. Then last night got her done and test hover in the yard at 9:30 pm. I load her up, take her out this morning at 6:30 am. before the wind comes up. Well as rebuild maidens go mine was a flop! I was in the air for 60 seconds flying really easy and then, she just simply died in mid air and started falling. As always for those around me I yelled "I am in autorotation" I got her to pancake pretty nice Imust say. As I was falling I pitchd my blades to grab as much air as possible to slow her down, so I had radio connectivity, just no motor. I have not torn into her yet to check for a sized Eflite motor (had two seize in the air before) or it could be and ESC or RX issue, dont know yet. Again as Murphys Law works my 500 I lost on Monday needs a servo kit and of course there are none to be found. I am batting 1000 here.

Take care JPEE
Old 05-20-2009, 08:47 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Jeff,

Yeah, this thing is built like a tank compared to the B400, that is for sure....a bit heavier, but it looks really sturdy, like it will hold up well in a crash. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the MG servos are strong, they aren't any fun at all!!

I could not stand the new editor, I'm so glad they gave us the option to go back...I feel back at home again..

Yeah, I cannot wait to maiden this puppy this weekend it's looking like. Still got the tail setup to go, and then wiring, gotta do the Finless wiring trick, his ended up looknig real good....

I had WAY too much fun and practice at my local club field. I'm getting much more comfortable flying there, and I finally got a "real" chance to fly off of the main flight line...with no one else on it...

It was pretty cool, I have never, ever had the B400 that high, or that far away, looked like some JPEE flying, had it way out there....a 450 sized heli gets small pretty fast in a big area like that...[X(]

It was OK, but to be honest, fairly boring. All I did was some HUGE figure 8's...didn't want to do anything too radical...LOL I prefer (as you, I think) flying in closer, faster, and hard banked turns, etc....just kinda sport flying...

I got alot of practice (by forcing myself) doing figure 8's in the opposite direction, with CCW turns to my left, my biggest weak point... I did that in the small adjacent heli field behind the main one.

JPEE,

Sorry to hear your rebuilding projects are setting you back...let us know what you find out....did you happen to ask anyone if their are metal gears for the Trex 500 DS510 servos? Just curious, since the small DS410's in the 450 are MG servos...

Heli,

Gotta be killin' ya....you are almost there!!!!

Keep us posted!

Did you get the swash/head all setup OK now? Just the tail to go??

Evan,

Cool, just noticed you were being quiet, hoping you didn't lose interest, you were on such a roll there for a bit!!

Nick,

Hang in there!!

Well, time to start up the next chapter in Finless's 450 Pro video, "Tail setup, Part 1"....LOL

I'll tell ya, and I'm not afraid to admit it, his videos on this build are priceless...save so much time and hassle...

Glenn
Old 05-20-2009, 08:55 PM
HeliStyle

just redid the tail, and I got it perfect , tommorrw hopefully it will fly perfect, prob just some gain on the gyro adjustments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.