Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:52 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Heli,

So, I guess you got it, fixed it, and have flown it already? Cool!

Did it come with the stock 2.4 Ghz radio? No more glitches!!

They did a nice job with the CPP2, and the radio setup is very good as well...they fly great right out of the box, once setup properly...

Have fun! How many batteries do you have for it? I still have not decided on the stock packs yet..I think I'll hold on to them though...

Glenn
Old 06-04-2009, 07:34 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yup got it up and flying

the guy who had it lol somehow got ca in the tail motor or something, I took it off to look at it and there was ca all over the prop adapter.
so I installed a new tail motor and everything was fine

checked pitch and such seemed to be fine
flew it two packs and it flew great

it did come with the 2.4ghz and I luv it, no more glitching. I have 1 pack right now

I have acouple of questions though

when I am in hover im about 60% throttle, is that how yours is? It just seems like alot of throttle to get it into hover

I ran a 2s 7.4v thunder power 1200mah pack it in, just flying around and such, will that cause any damage to motor and such?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds cool! No more glitching!!

Yeah, 60% on the stick is just about perfect, and is where mine were with the stock radio...should be fine.

The 7.4 won't hurt anything, just won't have very much power...in fact, it would be very weak, I would imagine...but maybe flyable to a certain extent...just no punch...

Like any CCPM heli, make sure you have zero blade pitch at mid stick, and about 11+ and 11- degrees of pitch at full range in idle up/stunt....you should be good to go!

Have fun!

Oh, BTW, Horizon now has the DD tail in a complete kit form, but not the parts separately....go figure!!!????[X(]

I picked one up, I have a spare motor, and mount, but no prop or adapter...

Glenn
Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I have two props left from when I bought them from work, and we have the dd kit at work as well. I have a ton of 4530 gws props I have use if I run out

eflite did a nice job on this bird, deff fun to fly I can tell this is going to be my main flyer for awhile

I actually want to try a loop with it lol

I saw on horizon that the prop got pushed back again untill late july now :/
Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

I just checked the video on the big computer and it is not near as bad but there is a roughness about it, it is not flowing at the right speed.

My 400 bearings were 7.00 each from the bearing store.

Good thing you caught the look flaybar set up, like Nick says, there is a lot to be said for FLIGHTCHECKS

I havent seen Todds site for a long time. Like you said, you have caught this motor in time, pop for the new bearings and keep them oiled OFTEN.

The bottom bearing is a no brainer, then I turn the motor over and stick a small but ling drift punch down and the top depper set bearing pops out no problem.

JP
Old 06-05-2009, 12:12 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Been busier than a three peckered Owl. I cant read and catch up on everything but:

Glenn, save the motor! I just looked all over to fing Todd and failed, if you do let me know please.

Helistyle, congrates on the new Pro2......................in Jeffs words, fly it like you stole it!

Nick, sorry about the crash and the possible or loss of your pack OUCH!

Evan, take that puppy apart and oil and greeeeeeeeeeze it so you dont loose that eflite motor man.

Got two packs slow packs in this morning at 6:30 a.m. before my day started. I LEANED against the LIGHTPOLE at the Park LOL.

JPEE
Old 06-05-2009, 04:12 AM
HeliStyle

hey guys

how do carbon blades hold up in a crash, do they still break like wooden ones? because I think I want to dress up my cp pro 2 alittle already lol
Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

CF blades will deff still break in a crash, but not as easily, esp on a smaller heli like the CPP2...

I got some for mine, but havn't crashed yet, so I can't really say for sure...

I think I remember Jeff saying that he has had his CF blades on his CPP for a long time, and numerous crashes, and they are still holding up.

I really think it depends on the severity of the crash, if you crash hard enough, any blade will break.

I am hoping that the CF blades are more crash resistant, I paid full list + at my LHS for mine...like $38..[X(]

I say go for it, they sure do look cool!![8D]

Glenn
Old 06-05-2009, 10:00 AM
JPEE

Helistyle,

The hold up 10 times better than woodies BUT they do break. When I crash my 500 T Rex two weels ago the 1 1/2 of of the blades were just shatterted, although I had hit a steel light post in the Park. When I have had small crashs withmy 400 with CF blades they do well and generally come through ok. The bottom line is woodies tear their seal with the slighest touchof the grass or soil. CF are simply the way to go. I dont know your fly abilties butI would go with an "in expensive set" first. As an example..............Glenn took off his 60.00 CF blades from his T Rex 500 when he got it and is running clone CF blades for 30.00. Now Since my crash I bought the 30.00 clone CF blades and also got the stock blades for 60.00 but set them away for awhile. I have this thing about being able keep a heli in stock out of the box condition if I want to.

There you have it. Congrats again on your Pro2, it wil begreat to se you have a ncie bird to fly without all of the frustrations of where you were before.

JPEE
Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 PM
HeliStyle

thanks for the replies guys

I just looked at work and we had the carbon fiber ones for $37, I just picked up a set of wood ones for now I guess seeing It prob will be awhile before I wreck these ones lol maybe next time
Old 06-05-2009, 02:58 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Man, this weather is depressing. It's the first day of my fun fly, and it's just steady rain. The ground is so soaked, it can't handle any more rain, so we are having minor flooding as well....

I wonder what this will do to the turnout on the fun fly? Even if it stops raining like they say tomorrow, the field will probably be a mess...maybe even a mudbath...[X(][]

I guess I'll have to wait and see....deff still going to it...should bring some old shoes/boots, I suppose, figuring the worst case.

Hope y'alls weather is better than mine!!

Glenn
Old 06-05-2009, 07:28 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Your new Webbie HD video looks awesome ! It was glitchy a tad, but nothing to crazy... Not sure if it was in 1440 by 1280 or whatever, but its probably You-Tube causing it. I know Vimeo has been doing HD movies longer than You-Tube so ya may also want to try them out to see.... They do recommend I think to make the vids 1280 by 720 I think to reduce the glitchyness.

Maybe also try using it in 720 to see..... On You-Tube there are other vids with that cam and even some reducing it to 720 and its still clear as hek...! Your video kinda gave me a woody it was so clear....LMAO.... Walmart close by in another town has the purple ones in stock... I checked the Sequim store, and they also have the purple in stock. I think in store purchases only sell the purple but not sure. And don't care....... Its not about colors, its about being able to see my damn heli's in the video....LMAO...

The only thing I don't like, is the way your blades look in the video.... There warped looking as there rotating. I know it has something to do with the frame rate or something ? But again, with some tweaking with Nero a guy could fix that if it bothered him...

How are you securing the camera to your hat for the hatcam ? It seemed to work very well for you.... I've been very busy, and need to catch up here but just thought I'd say cool camera !

~ Jeff
Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear your weather isn't looking so good. Mine is the exact opposite. The weather was amazing here. Accuweather was predicting higher winds today, but once Igot out of school Iimmediately thought "I have to go to my field today." So Ibrought my Super Cub and 600 and spent 7 hours having a blast again.I am suprised more people didn't show up, so Ipretty much had the whole place to myself. The Super Cub was pretty fun, but it didn't like the strong winds very much. It was also a little hard to taxi, since the tail wheel doesn't move that much. Then Igot 4 flights on the 600. It seems to have a little more power and 20-30sec more flight time, but not a huge performance gain. I bet a Scorpion would fix that.Iwas practicing my piro loops, but they still need work and I also did my first inverted piro funnel today. That was a lot of fun and seemed like I was flying on a sim. I also was flying on the airplane field when no one else was flying and I love that field now. A lot more room to try new things. I almost got to fly a Raptor 30, but I couldn't help the guy fix his tail problems. It seemed all the mechanical stuff was working just fine. He got full pitch on the tail blades, but the tail blew out once Igot to half throttle. We started to think his GY401 was shot. When he did the tail yank test thepitch slider didn't really move like it should. I almost had the gain at a 100% and it still didn't hold. Ioffered him to try my Logictech gyro to see if it was a gyro problem or not, but I think he is just going to get a new GY401. He accidently flooded the engine. Then he didn't have the glow starter on long enough a couple of times, so the engine died. After watching that I love the electric helis. Just plug the battery in and it starts every time.

Hope your weather takes a turn for the better, since it sounds like that event is the event of the year.

Oh, Iforgot to say that my one way bearing locked up on me again on the 600. Least Igot 37 flights on this one. Now it is going to be a PITA again because it has to be in the exact spot or the Jesus bolt won't go in straight and easy. JPEEIam still suprised your one way bearing hasn't locked up on you yet, since it is a common problem with the T-Rex 600 electrics and Nitros.

Nick
Old 06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

So ya sure your still going nitro ? Someday in the future I'd like to have one. Just one....... Yeah our weather here in the Pacific Northwest has been hot also. Its been in the 80's for over a week and just the last few days even in the 90's.... Eh... We then have a high humidity which then makes it even hotter. Not like Cali where the heat is dry and hot. My dad comes up from Cali and dies here in the humid weather during hot temperature days...Lol... Way to hot for me to fly lately... It was still 84 degrees at 9:00 P.M last night. Yikes for us cooler weather folk here ya know ?!

Glenn ~

Have you figured out on your Webbie cam what works the best for filming the heli's ? Are you in "Sports" mode, or auto or landscape ? Curious..... Don't ask... LMAO...

~ Jeff
Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I decided to hold off on another heli and don't think I will go Nitro. Ichange my mind so much. I just don't think I can afford another heli right now having to pay for college. Iknow Iwould regret buying a cheap helithen wanting a top of theline one soon after. Maybe some day, hopefully sooner than later.

Nick
Old 06-05-2009, 09:39 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool, sounds like an awesome day at the field!!

Glad somebody's weather is good...it FINALLY stopped raining here...so hopefully it wont't be a washout...but I'll bet the field will be soggy as hell though...just hoping it's not MUD...

Cool on all the new moves, and sorry the extra cells and gearing didn't help as much as you would have liked...

Sounds cool on the Raptor, too bad the guy was having some issues, it would have been fun for you to fly it, I'm sure...

Yup, sounds like a nitro, they can certainly be stubborn things, and very, very frustrating at times...kind of a learning curve to tuning them too...I had pretty good luck with the Enya SS 50 that I had in the Cobra, even back in those days, it was quite reliable, and ran well...very few issues, other than a little bit of tweaking the mixture for temp changes...

Sorry on the one way again too...is there any aftermarket solutions that might work out? I remember you trying that one setup, but had problems ordering it? Hope you can get something that lasts longer this time...

Jeff..........

LMAO...you got a Webbie, didn't you??????

Yeah, I think purple (or "eggplant" as Sony calls it) is the most popular in stores, at least Walmart....I had no choice, although, I would have picked purple anyways...

I have an all-new "cap cam" setup that I used for that vid...pics coming up in a few....easier to show you than to explain....I think you'll like it!! I know I do, it looks ALOT less weird and uncomfortable than the hard hat thing...LOL

Oh, sports mode, for bright daylight....found that out right off the bat...the first vid I took was SUPER bright....sprorts takes it down, almost like you put sunglasses on the cam....LOL

BTW, that vid was in 720...I don't know how it would turn out at 1080...the first vid I did was in 1080....and was kinda jerky...but I was also using "low light" when I was outdoors....have not tried 1080 w/sports mode outside yet....

Glenn
Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Here's my latest version of the "cap cam" with the Webbie...nice that I found a hat in the purple color!

It works quite well, the bill of the cap is stiff enough for good support, and it stays put on my head, gotta have the strap pretty tight...

I am still in the learning curve on getting it centered...it was still off a bit on that vid I posted...not much, but enough...wish there were a way to mount a display remotely...lol

I'm going to take it along tomorrow, at the fun fly. The thing takes AMAZING vids if you hold it steady outdoors...since it has no image stabilization (I don't think any of these small HD cams do), it's a bit jerky when in motion....but not terrible...

It does OK inside with low light...but it likes more light, like outdoor stuff...at least from what I have seen so far...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87500.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1212519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84739.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1212520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb74175.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1212521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13644.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1212522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju11683.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1212523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cs15551.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1212524  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:16 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I just started an account on vimeo, and uploaded the same vid there....so we'll see how that goes...

When I was watching the You Tube one, it kept saying "connecting to server" and freezing, I think that is a You Tube thing...

Should be fun!

Glenn
Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Iam starting to think my motor doesn't have enough torque. It sounds like the HSis there, but it struggles to change directions quickly like for aTic Toc. But it does do big moves where I use a lot of speed very good. Iam thinking of trying the stock motor and wiring my two 6S packs in parallel. The motor is a 100A one and my ESC is rated at 85A, but Ican set the ESCto limit the current. Idon't know if I will be able to get more power out of that, since it will cut the Voltage in half, but Ican increase the current from my batteries. Right now the batteries are around 110 after a flight, so it would be nice to lower the temp of them.

The guy Iwas talking about bought that heli and another one on Ebay. Anyways he was parting some of the other one off and putting it on the heli he brought today. He said he was going to sell a brand new OS 50 for $50 from the other heli, since he wants the new OS 50 Hyper. That is pretty tempting.

There are alternative bearings, but none of them will sell just the bearing. They want to add the case for it as well, which isn't very cheap.

Nick
Old 06-05-2009, 10:35 PM
JPEE

Hello Mr. Rotarydoc,

In your words from the article above;<span style="font-size: large">
it looks ALOT less <u>weird</u> and uncomfortable than the hard hat thing...LOL [img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s13.gif[/img]

<span style="font-size: x-small">So from the rest of us <u>WEIRD</u> guys to use your words......... good luck at the field with your new "Webbie" .......that name is...soVeril and Manly</span></span>
Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Ok.... Great info and will save me some time... Yeah I read the reviews and saw about the image stabilization... I'am fine with that, you can't expect perfection from a $200.00 camera...Lol.. Anyway, I've been playing around outside with it on my ball-cap and with INDUSTRIAL strength velcro it grips tight to the cap bill firmly. The sticky stuff used by the industrial strength stuff has always amazed me..... It even held my 247 gram old Kodak on that harness on my forehead. Its VERY sticky, and is a pain to remove ! I usually use some needle nose to grab a corner and pry with massive force...Lol... But since the cap is fabric, I was worried but all is fine... The cam only weighs as you know 120 grams and with the cap on my head level, I adjust the camera mount angle almost level but a tad upward... I'am going to mark it... It frames well I beleive... I still have to test it with a actual helicopter flight of somekind to find out. I then need to find out how many clicks of zoom would be nice for not to close, but not to far away.

Yeah I have it set also for the 720 thingy... I had it in Sports and seemed good... Landscape mode was weird, but haven't tried the rest. Oh... But I tried "Auto" but didn't like the constant changing of the brightness and darkness.

I can't wait to see a video on Vimeo with it ! Post it here please when its done... I haven't had time to check Vimeo for that camera and what others filmed, but I did on You-Tube through-out the week after your posting of yours. Very nice ! There's a few aerial ones and there so awesome ! I can't wait to take still shots from our vids and they will be clear ! How do you get rid of the blade warpage thing in the vids ? That drives me nuts ! I'll have to see if I get that... Hopefully not.. If so I'll tink around with Nero in eliminating it. I can change the frame rate and other weird stuff with Nero.

I was hoping the wind would die down since its still light outside here Pacific time... Only 8:44 P.M.... Then I could test it with a Vapor flight right out the backdoor. I'am not gonna miss my crude contraption older helmet cam ! This one is much more presentable by far... I'll have to see if I have a darker color hat to help blend it...

~ Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11717.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1212553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37270.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1212554  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:36 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I knew it when you started rattling off the settings that you got one...LOL

That vid that I took was zoomed in at 1.2 on the zoom scale...just barely...you will have to figure out what works for you...but that seems pretty good, maybe another click or two IF I can get the thing framed right...

Cool mounting solution! I just can't bring myself to put any sticky stuff on mine yet!!

That mounting might be better for "aiming" the cam left to right...

Yeah, that is disturbing, the warped blade effect..notice that right off...I think it also did it in my first 1080 vid too...not sure what to do about that....I'll see what you can come up with before I worry too much...LOL...maybe it's just a certain headspeed or something....we'll know more as time and vids accumulate...

Nick,

That would be cool if you could get more torque out of your stock motor, and changing the battery configuration...maybe gearing as well?

Hmmmmm, that O.S. 50 would be a good start....lol..[X(]

Too bad there is not an inexpensive alternative to the weak Align bearing...[>:]

JPEE,

Whoops, sounds like I struck a nerve there....LOL[X(]

Maybe my wording was a little harsh...

But it is rather awkward, let's be honest....

Jeff,

The Vimeo is done. See what you think;

It looks great to me, and no more freezing, waiting for server, etc...

http://www.vimeo.com/5026931

Glenn

Old 06-05-2009, 11:58 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Iput the Stock Align motor next to mine and it is HUGE. This has to have a lot more power. Cross my fingers. Idecided to give the stock ESCa go, since it is rated at a 100A. It doesn't have a good track record, but it was free. The motor came with a pinion that would work pretty good with my 6S A123's, so that is all ready to go. Iam going to try and mount it tonight and get a quick test flight in the backyard tomorrow. To bad the weather doesn't look good anytime soon. It is going tobe raining like it did for you today.

Nick
Old 06-06-2009, 12:05 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That sounds like a cool project...hope it turns out well for ya...from the description, it sounds like it should have a good bit of torque...

I know from the RC car days, that the brushed motors we used to run varied widely in the torque they produced....but generally speaking, the ones with the most winds (27 on a stock motor) had the most torque. The super high RPM 9, 10 and 11 turn (winds) motors had very little low RPM torque....but would make lots of RPM's...

Not sure how that would relate to our BL heli motors, but that's been my experience with DC motors...

I finally got my RC Heli mag....they really liked the 450 pro a lot...it was good to read, I could relate to alot of what they said in the review...Align did do a great job with it, for sure.

Glenn
Old 06-06-2009, 12:07 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

It looks much better on Vimeo. They were already doing HD movies long before You-Tube did... Yeah I can't wait to see how some vids turn out once everything gets figured out setting wise. JPEE had noted that there seemed to be a little roughness to the video... Do you see that ? When your flying, and it looks like the video is constantly pausing for only like a fraction of a second... Like a minor jittery effect almost. Just not natural like your there..... I'll have to tweak around with it and see what settings work best and maybe use Nero worse case to clean it up. I think there is still some fine tuning to do, as all the vids I saw on You-Tube looked good, but they also weren't flying heli's... I think the cam is to new for any hatcam set-ups possibly ?

I love how the lens rotates... Got to have that... Perfect for under the heli on some aerial flights !

Nick ~

Dang, I keep forgetting to tell you to try some of that industrial strength velcro for your A123 packs that get very hot. As you probably saw on the Struggling thread of my 2 Nimh packs they both had the industrial strength stuff, and I've had my cars overgeared before where the pack would be so hot that when you went to pick it up out of the car it would be so soft it would bend over and so I would have to lay it on a flat surface outside and hope for no fire...LMAO... But, the velcro still stays strong... You may want to try...

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.