Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:33 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

Yeah, I agree, I think the vimeo one is better...

There is some of that jitteryness on the original vid on my PC...I am not sure what we could do to clean that up...it seems that it's sort of an inherent trait on these small HD cams without image stabilization...they work great when you don't move them around too much, but following a moving object like that might be a different story...

Also, I think the backround on my vid is very "busy" so to speak, with all the trees going by...lots of work for the cam to take it all in....if the backround were more like just sky, or distant objects, it might turn out smoother, I am thinking?

I'm deff going to be using it alot tomorrow, so we'll see how some of that stuff turns out as well...

When I first got mine, I took a vid of the street outside, just panning around, in 1080...and the video was amazing! The HD is there, I just think it's asking alot of a $170 HD camera to do what we want well...after all, a decent "real" HD camcorder is 4x as much $$$$ [X(]

At any rate, is sure does blow the Flip cam vids away!!

Anyone want a Flip cam CHEAP? LOL

Glenn
Old 06-06-2009, 12:46 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah I'am not worried or I wouldn't have bought it...LMAO... I liked this small little test clip of this guys pond and waterfall in his yard with the Sony Webbie. So dang clear from what my 8 year old Kodak camera could ever do even with trying to help it with Nero. Yeah that does make sense with the noisy background. I'am hoping that with the camera laid flat on my bill that it will help in keeping it still with less motion, but we'll have to see. That was just a quick idea so that I could just run outside and test it.

Yeah please try and grab some video tomorrow... I'am not sure I'll have time. I can't wait to see them !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqZ2cGNu8xM

~ Jeff
Old 06-06-2009, 12:47 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

A couple of pics worth showing/mentioning....

I found this HUGE tube of white lithium grease at Lowe's (8 oz)...man, that would be enough to do about 200 servos...lol...cost $2.97...what a bargain!

The elusive Eflite CPP2 DD tail kit! It's currently the only way I could get a spare tail rotor...since the individual parts are not available...but the kit is....go figure??

Real nice packaging though, maybe that's why it took so long?? LOL

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45842.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1212595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13126.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1212596  
Old 06-06-2009, 12:54 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, that is amazing! Looks like the vid I took when I first got mine, super sharp!

It seems though, that he has some jitteryness in the vid as well, when he pans the camera...I think it's just "the way it is" and we'll have to see if we can minimize the effect the best possible.

We'll see how some of my stuff comes out from the fun fly tomorrow...

I'm definitely sold on mine, it's not going back!

Glenn
Old 06-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Logan4169

</p>
Old 06-06-2009, 01:08 AM
rotarydoc

Logan,

No. The two tail designs are completly different, and share no parts whatsoever.

The original CP/CPP used a gear driven tail, with a small motor gear, and a larger gear for the tail rotor....where as the CPP2 uses a DD or direct drive tail design, with the tail rotor attached directly to the motor output shaft...

The DD tail offers much better tail control, motor life, and overall performance, definately the way to go!

Glenn
Old 06-06-2009, 01:24 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The winding theory for brushed motors is the same for brushless. The main thing is the Align motor is longer, which also increases the torque. Ijust finished up the 600 and it is working great, but Ijust found out it is supposed to rain until Friday.

Are you putting the kit on your original CPP?

Jeff,

My velcro is staying on pretty good to the pack now that Iadded super glue to the back, but it is kind of coming up on the battery plate. The super glue is also helping the velcro not slide around on the battery plate, but I don't know how much longer it is going to last.

Nick
Old 06-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Logan4169

Thanks rotorydoc, I figured it out after looking at the pics a little closer, and comparing it to my cpp2 blade. I saw a nice CF unit for the cp online, and was hoping that it would work.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:31 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool, that will be interesting to see how it works out....sorry on your weather though, hopefully it's wrong, and you'll get a break.

Just looked at my accuweather, and the forecast looks good, partly cloudy early, then sun, and about 83 or so...and the wind looks like about 7-8 MPH...so not bad at all. I just don't know what the field condition will be like...I mean who cares, the helis are in the air, but you still have to walk around and to the flight line, and maybe (hopefully not) out on the field to get a downed heli...

Nah, the old, dusty CPP is not getting any upgrades...still waiting for my pal to come over and attempt to fly it....a crash (literally) course in single rotor heli flying...lol.

I'm keeping the kit for spare parts. Horizon claims tail rotors will be available late June. I don't trust them...so I grabbed what I could, while I could!!

Glenn
Old 06-06-2009, 01:34 AM
rotarydoc

Logan,

You are welcome. The tail setup on the CPP2 is quite good as is...tons better than the original was. I don't know how much room there is for improvement...

Good luck, and enjoy your CPP2!

Glenn
Old 06-06-2009, 01:42 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Your weather sounds like what Ihad today.

I looked at the instructions for my ESC and they aren't in English.Ihope the settings are good. Iam a little nervous about the ESC, since there have been a few reports of it starting on fire. I don't know what their conditions were when it happened, but if it works out better then Iwill get a CC HV110 ESC the first chance Iget.

Nick
Old 06-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Logan4169

The velcro issue I think I can help with. TheOEMstuffis worthless! I didn't even have my battery position set before I realized that it simply will not work. I got some bettervelcro (stickier adhesive, and shorter loop pile) and added some poly bandsin addition to the stock rubber bands. That was ok, but I found some even better stuff atmy local home improvement center. It is called"dual lock reclosable fasteners" and made by Scotch. Ithas avery strong adhesive, and it snaps togethervery soundly (no rubber bands needed), butcan be seperated withouthaving to replace one or both pieces.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Logan4169

Rotary, I am not as concerned about improvement (at least in this case), as I am with getting a replacement for something that I am more than likely going to break. I hate to even think that way, but I hate having a heli that I can't fly for a month or so, because a $2 part is on backorder, even more! I just hope they have em' before I need em'.  Thanks for response though, and as always good advice!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:43 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

actually horizon has the cp pro 2 prop on backorder untill july now :/ thats alright the gws 4530 will be fine
Old 06-06-2009, 01:12 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Ijust got done test flying the 600 and it doesn't seem that powerfull with a 100% flat line throttle curve. The battery was barely hot after a 3min hover, but the ESC was already a 100 and the motor was a 110. I don't know how those are going to handle the abuse I will throw at them in 85+ degree weather. My CCESC was usually 90-100 degrees after a 3D flight, but the heat sink on that is a lot bigger than the Align one. Iguess Ineed to take it to the field to actually see how it will perform.

Nick
Old 06-06-2009, 04:22 PM
evdreamer

Now Itested 12S on the stock motor with the CCESC and it seems to have plenty of power again. After the 3min flight the motor was 140 and the ESC was 110. It kind of smelled like something was burning. Align said the motor is good for 2000W max and if my batteries are supplying 60A it would be a total of 2400W.Now Iam going to try my 10S pack, since it will be a little under 2000W. I was going to see if Icould add any more pitch to help bog the motor on purpose, but I noticed it isn't setup right. I only have -6 to 11 degrees of pitch. That is probably why Ihave to go full throttle while inverted. Then Inoticed the mixing armsare chewing up part of my pushrod links while at full negative pitch and cyclic. So Iwill need to resetup my head later tonight.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:14 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

WOW! That's all I can say after the fun fly!

I've never seen so many RC helicopters in one place in my life...OMG...a row of nothing but tables after table of helis...

It was an amazing thing to see, for sure....I got there a bit late, but I don't think I missed much, it's just what it sounds like, just a free for all, flying helis, no real organization, usually 4-5 helis flying on the main flight line at a time...

There were people all the way from New York to North Carolina, at least on their tags...and these people are SERIOUS...many very large RV/Motor home setups, with generators running, large pit tables, canopys over their pits...you name it...these people have 10's of thousands of dollars invested, if you take the RV's into account...some were full of heli stuff...

Lots of good to great pilots, Nick, Kyle Stacy and his dad were there...got to see him fly for a bit, he really didn't fly too much, seemed like they were doing some setup/testing on his Stratus .90...I took a couple of pics, I'll see how they came out...

There were some other excellent pilots out there too...the MOST AMAZING was the little oriental boy, you guys may have seen him before, he's gotta be like 6-7 years old...and he was flying a TREX 700....and doing it like nobody's business!!! That was something to see...just amazing!!!

The other reallly cool things that I saw were a jet/turbine heli...and the "450 challenge"....which is an obstacle course, for smaller electric helis....you may as well call it the "mayhem course"....LOL got some video of the jet, and the 450 challenge...

Man, talk about funny...one guy hit the first obstacle, and broke a main blade off about 3 inches off the end...he tried to fly it again, but it was too far out of balance....so he stopped it, and broke about a 3 inch section of the opposite blade off...to match the broken one, and the thing flew!!!

Not only that, but he made it through like the next 3 or 4 obstacles!! Finally crashed at the end....didn't get that vid, dang it....

Let me get started looking at and uploading some of these many vids and pics...

Glenn
Old 06-06-2009, 09:26 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you are making progress on the 600 motor/ESC combo...it'll take some dialing in, I'm sure...

Good that you found the pitch issue as well...and get that all straight...

I didn't fly at the fun fly, the area for noobs was quite small, and it would have cost $25 to fly...I was enjoying the show too much to fly....I can do that any weekend...but this fun fly is only one time....

There is no way I would have even considererd going on the main flight line...there was nothing smaller than 500's flying, and the very large majority of helis were .90 nitros...

After watching them, and then looking at a couple of guys practicing with 450 size helis in the noob area, they looked like toys...lol[X(]

Glenn
Old 06-06-2009, 09:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

Cool Glenn.... Can't wait to see some photos and vids ! I downloaded your video to Nero to play around with whenever I get the chance since it might be a few days before I can get one and have the camera fitted and adjusted...Lol... Yeah those .90 are just HUGE ! You could use the tail boom for a baseball bat.... LMAO...

~ Jeff

Old 06-06-2009, 10:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It sounds like you had a great time there. Good thing the rain didn't ruin it.

That is cool you saw some pro pilots there. Ithink Ihave seen the kid you are talking about fly on theinternet, but Ican't remember his name. I think hehas been flying on the sim, since he was 2.

My 600shoots vertical really quick now even with a10S pack. 3/4 throttle was like full throttle before.

Istill can't believe I didn't catchthe negative pitch issueafter building it. I probably just checked the positive and assumed it wasok. Oh well Istill had fun with it.

I still haven't seen a .90 fly yet. I think a fun fly in another town is coming up pretty soon and pretty much all them fly .90's.

I would do the same and just watch the fliers.

Nick
Old 06-06-2009, 10:29 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I can't wait for an updated video of your 600 after reading about your changes...

Glenn ~

I forgot to say that Kyle Stacy's dad has browsed our thread here... I've seen him here a few times over the months. He'll also frequent the Wheeee thread. His RCU name is rstacy.... He's usually pretty quiet but lurks. I know Nick has seen him here I think... His son is so amazing, and I always love to watch his vids. I have some saved in a folder in fact.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:08 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I have seen rstacy here before.

Nick
Old 06-06-2009, 11:08 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Try to be patient, I'm working on the vids and pics now...some of the vids are not too great...some are OK...

Jeff, two things I have found that are a real bummer...one is, you can't see anything worth a crap in the viewfinder on a sunny day....I was basically just aiming the thing....and I was way off on a couple of what would have been nice vids....

The other is the curvey blade syndrome....it's not just my B400...it's all helis to some extent, and oddly enough, some are worse than others, must be a headspeed thing...dunno for sure...

Not too happy about that, and not real sure what if anything can be done...you'll see when I post some vids...

Nick, there were some soggy spots, and some muddy areas, but the field was generally in great shape for the amount of rain we had...

The Maryland State Police heli never showed up, so didn'dt get to see it...

The vids of the 450 challenge came out great...that little kid did awesome in that too...

Glenn
Old 06-06-2009, 11:19 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah your flying the blades off on your B-400 in the photo below of yours...

Yeah hopefully I'll get a chance to tweak with your video to see if I can change that. Our camera runs in Progressive mode, so I might try using Nero and trying it Interlaced to see. I know Baurwin over on the struggling thread wants to know why his camera makes his blades warp also. He looked today, and the sunny day videos his blades did one thing (Can't remember)and then on all the cloudy days they also were different than the sunny day ones. In otherwards it only warped the blades on either the sunny or cloudy days but not during both.

I've heard before it can be your headspeed and the frame rate of your camera or something... Can't remember... Yeah I tried taking pictures with it, but you have to push the button hard and then the camera moves...Lol... But for pics I just use my Kodak as it takes better pics I noticed. Yeah, I'll probably never use it handheld, mainly for just aerial vids and hatcat stuff, nothing more...
Old 06-06-2009, 11:32 PM
JPEE

GBEE,
Come on guy, you know I was pulling your string. Striking a nerve, come onman, I thought we were closer than that.... LOL Have tons of fun with your new cam
Glad you had such a great time at the fun fly too.

Nick,
Sounds like you have been very busy with the 600 motors and such. And thanks for tip on the 600 one way bearings

Jeff,
What can I say......................UDAMAN

JPEE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.