Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:24 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Heli,

Yeah, you should do the loop in idle up mode....you apply a bit of negative pitch at the top of the loop to keep it more compact, and from getting too big...do you have a sim you can practice on?

If so, try it with some negative pitch at the top of the loop, you'll get a more compact loop, and some hang time at the top if you want....play around on the sim using and not using neg pitch/idle up...

The same principal applies to back flips, but even more so...gotta have a good amount of neg at the top of the flip to make it more compact, and flip in place better....

Glenn
Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 AM
JPEE

Hello Glenn,

Well I made a hat cam this morning. I will giver a try. I must admit "choak, choak" that hat fits in in my heli fly box which is a big plus. I'll let you see the video I take when I get home.

JPEE
Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Sounds good!

Let us know how it works out...I discovered partly by experimenting that I like the hat, cam or not, helps block the sun at times when it's a bright day...

Mine has worked well, I was not sure if it would be a secure enough fit on my head to feel OK about it not falling off...but it's been fine so far.

Let us know how it works out!

Glenn
Old 06-10-2009, 07:20 PM
evdreamer

I just got back from flying at the field again. The weather was perfect. It was a little windy, but the temp was just right. Igot 11 flights on my 600 and quite a few on the Cub. My 12S battery shorted out, but nothing happened except a decent spark. One of my balance leads got cut on another cell. Then Istopped using the balancer on my A123 packs.I sure love these batteries. Ihad a nice crash with my cub also. I was trying thingsbeginner airplanes weren't ment for and Icouldn't pull up.The battery tray ripped out of the fuselage. I also got the field all to myself for most of the day. People probably thought it was going to rain and didn't bother showing up.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you had a good time! Man, 11 flights on the 600 is awesome!

Sorry to hear that your battery had a short....hope the cells all survived...[X(] Good thing it wasn't a major short, coulda been kinda ugly with all that juice!

LOL on trying stuff a trainer wasn't made for...was it a big loop or something? Hope it's not too bad...

Nice on having the field to yourself...that almost never happens at my field...unless I wait until dusk..lol.

I also had some great flying weather....literally the calm before the storm....no wind, no one at the little baseball field...so I got some decent practice and flights in....sooooo nice without the wind...

I have improved greatly flying in the wind...but that doesn't mean I like to...lol

Hope you get that pack fixed and the plane is repariable...

Glenn
Old 06-10-2009, 08:24 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Ihave a lot more power with the stock motor, but now my flight times are down to 2.5min.

The battery is fine. Once the Voltages equaled out, there wasn't an issue.

Iwas trying a roll to close to the ground. I guess my helis have spoiled me.

Good to hear you also got to fly today.

I already fixed the plane. Nothing glue and tape couldn't fix.Iwill probably work on the battery tomorrow.

Nick
Old 06-10-2009, 08:38 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

just got back from flying the rebulit cp pro 2, flies ust as good as it did : )

going to practice my loops on fsone this weekend at my father inlaws, before I attempt it again in real life lol
Old 06-10-2009, 08:58 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Sounds like your day was mixed. Glad you had 11 flights plus but sorry the Cub ate it. My day was near the same. Three of us went to fly. I flew my 400-1 and my T28 for 9 packs and for a first time ever the 600 all three packs I have. What a day! Then as we are leaving I got wild figuring what is there to lose and I started with flips and rolls and followed by some loops. With the dark gray skies on my last loop I got disoriented and lost her. She came down on her side and I bent the boom and can save fly bar and stripped the main gear. A few bucks but what a day. For me it was a very special day as it will be my last fly day for awhile. Tomorrow I make ready for Friday morningsshoulder surgery to hopefully repair a torn rotor-cuff in my right shoulder. Did the left shoulder in 2007 so I know pretty much what is coming. There are a lot of "depends" but I will be in a sling for 2-4 weeks so typing with one finger will be tough LOL so you wont see alot of me here. I am hoping that with a neck strap I can still fly if friends can hook up my packs and do the some of the small stuff for a couple of weeks for me and I can hold the TX in both hands just a littlehigher than normal.

No worries, talk to you guys soon.................................good flying to all.

JPEE aka......Broken Wing!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Congrats on the rebuild....glad it turned out well for ya...

Yeah, I always practice something new on the sim quite well before I try it in real life. It doesn't always go just like the sim, but it gets you in the right general direction with the stick movements...

And, the stuff on the sim, the helis can't always do....for example, today, I tried the first backflip from a dead hover on the B400...I usually get a little bump from gaining altitude before I do one...but the flip wasn't too great, it lost alot of altitude...

But, on Phoenix, my sim....the B400 on there will do them from a dead hover...so, point being, it't not going to be perfectly like the sim, but it gets you close....

Have fun!!

Glenn
Old 06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear you also had a great day flying. I was also having a hard time with the orientaion of my heli because it was pretty cloudy. It is weird that my white plane was easier to see then my heli. I am starting to enjoy flying my plane a lot more in between packs on my 600. It is just relaxing and helps past the time while batteries are charging. My only complaint with the plane is it is hard to taxi, since the rudder doesn't move that much before the servo max's out. Another guy brought is big electric planes. Those are cool to watch.

Hope you get back to normal soon after your surgery.

Nick
Old 06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
9sec240

I got the B400 straightened out as much as possible.  The tail vibrates.  The shaft is true and straight and the tail rotors are perfectly matched.  I tried multiple tail rotors and a brand new tail rotor shaft and it did it no matter what I did it still vibrated.  Belt is good, intermediate shaft is good, bearings are good..  it is all good.  think the issue is in the plastic case and weak tail rotor shaft.  At speed it actually moves and wobbles due to flex in the assembly.  I balanced the main blades and got them to track well despite the slight difference in pitch and the head is not bad.

I think the major issue I am having with this heli is that it is not a quality bird.  I have become too used to my T-Rex 450 and 250 and the way they fly.  I fly them the most.  I have become used to the ridiculous precision of my Furion 450 and the silence of my Protos and I guess seem to expect that out of the rest of my helis.  I remember when my buddy brought over his CPP2 for me to fix up for him and I almost crapped myself when the tail rotor spun up and made all that racket.  I think I am becoming spoiled with my quality helis.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:06 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Since 9 sec was speaking of quality, I just had a big "quality let down" ...lol.

The 450 Pro has had a rattling noise in it for a while now, I mentioned it a while back...it bothered me, but I didn't worry too much about it...

I posted on HF, and got a response from a guy that said his is noisey like that too...he's got two of them, and one is noisier than the other...he said to check the motor...

Sure enough, the more I spun it over by hand, the more it sounded like the motor....and if I just moved the main gear back and forth slowly, I could see the pinion and motor shaft move from side to side....[X(]

Not good...so I pulled the motor out, and the front (pinion end) bearing is shot...has way too much play for 6-8 flights....can see the inner race move, while the outer one is still...[]

It's not terrible, but makes a hell of a racket, a rattling noise that can be heard 100 feet away....I thought it was the TT or something...

Not too sure where to go from here....need to do some research, I think Align's importer is Assurance RC or something...maybe try to get a hold of them...

Glenn
Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 PM
9sec240

That sucks Glenn.  I have had really good luck with my Align helis andparts.  I fly the hell out of my T250 and that thing does not miss abeat other than the tail not being all that great.  Align is working ona fix and has released several updates on parts which keep improvingthings.  My T450 is probably my favorite heli.  It has never had anissue.  I really like the Align ESCs.  I have on in the Furion and alsoone in the HBK2.  The 430XL motor is also quite a nice motor.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear your bearing is shot. It would be pretty hard for you to replace that bearing, since Align motors aren't the easiest to work on.

Nick
Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed...but anyone can have a "bad apple" here and there....

Not sure how or if Align warranty will cover it...so I've already been looking at motors...

Nick, what do you think about this one?

http://www.helidirect.com/scorpion-h...5kv-p-6439.hdx

Looks similar in power, 3600KV, size, etc....should bolt right in, with a new pinion...

Even if Align will warranty this one, I know it'll be a a long drawn out process...and I don't really want to fly this motor too much longer...

Glenn
Old 06-10-2009, 10:58 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It looks like a good motor.You can't go wrong with a Scorpion motor.

Nick
Old 06-10-2009, 11:04 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That will probably be the way I'll go for now...

And you are correct, I don't even see how one would disassemble this Align motor....the end caps don't have screws or anything, can't really see how it comes apart...

I'll need a pinion to fit that motor, I think it's 3.17mm or something, a Rhino steel pinion sound good? The Align pinion is made for a 3.44 mm shaft...

I would think/hope that the stock ESC would be OK, since the motors are similar specs? The stock motor is 3700KV...

Glenn

Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Well, that's a done deal, it's on the way...might as well just bite the bullet and move on...probably a good move, that stock motor runs HOT...

In the meantime I'll see what if anything Align will do....probably not going to be like dealing with Horizon!

Maybe it'll be here by Saturday, hoping so...

Glenn
Old 06-10-2009, 11:39 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

That -8 Scorpion motor you'll love ! You'll never look back.... No offense to Align, but I personally don't like there motors. To much stuff you hear always going bad, from shafts, bearings, overheating... I use them as secondary's and back-ups from now on and that's it....

Ivan just got the same motor you are looking at (9-sec)... Me and Nick then have the -6 Scorpion motor for our 450's. I just hovered a pack in the yard in fact ! Windier than a pig, but how fun ! [8D] Also trying out the cam mounted on the ball-cap bill. It works to sweet laying flat and low-profile ! You may want to try in the future maybe ?

My Scorpion motor with the 80 amp Castle esc and a 35c lipo barely gets warm in my cool environment. All 3 just stay warm... Its quite sweet. I've been a busy bee so I haven't had the chance to do crap. I try to do a little a night on getting the 500 back together and now its almost done finally.

Nick ~

That's cool ya got to fly the 600 that many times ! Sorry to hear about the plane crash, but knowing you no biggie... Get some foam CA, some CF rods, packing tape, a mixture of Elmer's and Gorilla glue, and your good to go for repairs...

~ Jeff
Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick,

Well, that's a done deal, it's on the way...might as well just bite the bullet and move on...probably a good move, that stock motor runs HOT...

Go ahead and grab ya one for the T-500 also ! [8D] BIG power gain Glenn.... My last video that I crashed with that new Scorpion motor was just sick as you may remember... Doesn't even get warm, and check this out.... You know how when you grab the main gear to turn it with the heli off, and you can get the motor to crank over ? You can do it with the 500L in the 500 and not much resisitance. You go to try and crank it over with the Scorpion motor in the 500 and you have to use 2 hands ! LMAO... Massive magnet resistance or whatever ya call it. Its the 1600 KV motor from Scorpion in case you were curious. Plus its a little lighter.... I think the watts are something like 1475 I think... The stock Align 500L is around 600-800 watts.... Plus its about $20.00 less than the Align 500L... Go figure...

Here's that motor again in the video below... I know ya like the 500L, but just sayin'............................ [8D]

http://vimeo.com/4806547

~ Jeff
Old 06-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Logan4169

Glenn,
   Is there any damage to your main gear?</p>
Old 06-11-2009, 12:05 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, I think I would have gone to the Scorpion sooner or later...looks like sooner!! It'll probably be for the best...it's a PITA to wait forever for that stock motor to cool down from 140-150 degrees!!

I'm still going to pursue warranty coverage on this motor through Align though! We'll see how that goes, already have a couple of emails out to them...

I am very happy with the stock motor's power, if the Scorpion makes as much or more, and runs cool, I will be very happy indeed!

Logan,

The main gear is fine, perfect, no damage to it at all...the bearing wasn't bad enough to cause any gear mesh issues...

JPEE,

I figured your surgery date was coming up soon....hope all goes well for ya, be sure to keep in touch as best possible when you are in the sling!!

We will all be waiting to see how you are doing, and you have our best wishes during your recovery!!!

At least you have been through it before, and know what to expect....still, no fun at all....get well soon!

Glenn
Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 AM
9sec240

Glenn, here is a vid of some puchouts in the driveway with my -8 on a 13 tooth in the Furion.  The motor is SICK.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDamvBDrNE[/youtube]

When it comes to ratings, not only is there KV but there is also watts to consider.  KV is good to look at for pinion size but watts is what you really want to look at to see the power.

Align 430L 2800KV Max output power:260W
Align 430X 3550KV Max output power:300W
Align 430X 4050KV Max output power:330W
Align 430XL 3700KV Max output power:350W
Scorpion 2221-8 3595KV Max output power:475W!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 AM
J-MICHAEL

Ivan ~

Yeah your Furion is lethal....Lol... They say the flying weight is somewhere around 650 g's on those. Not sure if ya have a scale to weigh, but the thing has just got to be sick with that -8 ! [8D] But ya both should have just got the -6 which boasts 525 watts and been done with it.... LMAO... Just ribbin' ya... Yeah I love the Scorpion motors now. I've heard of bearing issues with the Scorpions on the Freak, but I just keep mine good and lubed and if need be in time I can upgrade later. The nice thing to have a motor that is completely rebuildable huh ?

Glenn ~

I'am loving our new camera ! I haven't had the time to fly or even mess with it since the last time we were messing with them, but today I got to do some hovering around in the yard with it. Its so nice ! And light.....

Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey nick

I saw you were rewinding brushless motors not to long ago

was wondering if you were interested in an align Bl600l

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.