Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hi Nick,

That is weird that a charger of that caliber would do that. But with whatI know about electronic(not a lot lol) it does not surprise me at all. Often even in electrical (Ido know well) we haveto FOOL the system at times too.
My super dooper Thunder power Charger 1010C which is a freaking powerhouse,when I fly two packs in the 500 I put them on the pig tail splitter and charge two at once and all is well. However, if I fly two packs on the 400 and then put them on the charger BECAUSE they are not nearly the same in discharge due to different flying and perhaps a minute or two more flight when the balancer sees them they are way off balance for what is thinks is a 6 cell. So then it sits there and in time balances them before charging. That leaves me with two choices. I check my packs and get the ones that are dead nuts the same and put them on as a 6 cell and charge them without issue and fast too! Like last night I was do some 3d flying and longer flights from pack to pack. So I charged 1 pack at a time on the TP charger and plugged in the rest of my chargers all with one pack each. So4 charges equals "can" equal 5 packs but last night I only 4 packs at a time. It still goes fast.
My buddy Erik has a Turnigy IikeI turned Glenn on to that will do two packs and he loves it. But like yesterday where can fly all day even that won't hande the load so today he is buying another one so he can do 4 packs at once on his 2 Turnigy's. For us and where we are this is kinda better than the 123 and building batteries as we just dont have the free time to start getting into that too. THANKS to Hobby City and the cheap packs they sell we do fine with a BIGBOX of Rhinos. OBTW..............thanks again for bringing those to may attention even though I was already using Zippies these Rhinos are great.

I know its only been over night but again good luck on the 600 rebuild
JPEE

Old 06-22-2009, 05:41 PM
helicorpse

Nick,

Are those aluminum servo arms on the 450? The jr servo's came with an x style and I assume I want the single horn so I bought some nice blue cnc ones but the holes in the arms are too big for the linkage it seems and I need to return and replace. I guess I just wasn't thinking about different linkage diameters.

Also I was wondering other than preferring castle creation esc's anyone had an opionin of Scorpion commander v2 4cell 55 amp esc that sells for 75 bucks and comes with a small remote and ir reciever to program the esc... has a soft start and govenor mode.I've got the scorpion motor 2221-8 and it would work for me ... right??

The adjustable parameters on every Scorpion ESC include: Battery Type, Cell Count, Low Voltage Cut-off Level, Power Cut-off Type, Current Overload Protection, Braking Level, Acceleration Time Delay, Helicopter or Airplane Mode, Soft Start Mode, Soft Start Duration, Governor Mode, PWM Frequency Selection, Timing Advance and Motor Rotation.

Specifications
Weight (Without Connectors):
43.7 gm (1.54 oz)
Max Continuous Current: 55 Amps
Operating Voltage Range: 6 to 15 Volts
Max BEC Output: 4 Amps @ 5.0 V
On Resistance: 1.56 mOhms
Size: 79x30x9mm (3.11x1.19x0.35 in)

thanks
Helicorpse
Peter
Old 06-22-2009, 06:43 PM
evdreamer

Peter,

The servo horns are the nylon ones that came with the servos. I think they had two sides to them and I just used diagonal cutters to cut the other side off. Just a little advice the aluminum servo horns look cool, but if you have a long servo horn on the lower aileron servo it can hit the main gear on full negative pitch and full aileron.

That ESC can handle your motor, but other than that I can't say whether it is a good ESC or not, since I don't have any experience with them.

Nick
Old 06-22-2009, 10:16 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Have you determined the cause of the power loss on the 600 that caused the crash? I was thinking about that today...hope you can figure out why it lost power...

Too windy to fly here today...maybe tomorrow, then the heat wave comes....in the lower 90's by the weekend...[]

Still waiting for the Align motor for the 450...should be here soon, I would think...

It's been a heck of a day....my little beater Honda broke today, water in the fuel...had to straighten that out...and then my PC went haywire, not exactly sure what happened, I think a bad connection on a memory stick or video card, sprayed all the connectors with some excellent contact enhancer called "DeOxit"...great stuff....seems to be fixed so far...

I hate Mondays.

Glenn
Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I still don't know what caused the crash. I checked the battery Voltage when I got home and that was fine. I spooled up the motor yesterday and that was fine. It was kind of hot on Sunday and my ESC tends to get hot with the stock motor, so my guess was the ESC shut off due to high heat. I am supposed to fly for some kids again at the same museum in a couple of weeks, so I got some new RotorTech blades on the way. Then I read a thread that the smell from my motor I smell after a flight is due to the winding insulation melting, so instead of watching my heli go up in flames I decided to get a Scorpion motor also, since the insulation can handle high temps. That motor will also be in a more efficient range than my higher KV stock motor, so I hope it increases the flight times. My new 12S battery is almost done. I glued the balance connectors down, so they won't short out again. Then I also put the two 6S packs together. Now I am just waiting for the last Silicone to dry, so I can put the shrink wrap over it.

It has also been hot here for awhile. Today's heat index was in the triple digits here. Now I am wanting cooler weather, but winter will come quicker than I like and it will be too cold to fly.

Hope your motor comes soon.

It seems you had a day like I had yesterday, but with cars and computers.

Nick
Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Just a quick note.

I got my GREASER and my new 1.6 RX's hoo-rah, finally. I snapped a pic or two of the greaser. You put the grease in the billet aluminum base and when you push down the grease comes up through the beveled base and through the bearing because you have the tappered shaft pusing down so it can't come out the middle.

Now I can rebuild my 500 FINALLY.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59245.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1223443   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99459.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1223444  
Old 06-23-2009, 06:41 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is cool your greaser and receivers came today. I just noticed today that my 600 came with some one way bearing grease, so if I need it in the future I will use that instead of Tri-Flow. My Compass one way came with a lot of grease and it seems to be working great so far. My parts for the 600 should be here tomorrow, so that will be great to have that be air worthy again. I also have a new project that I couldn't pass up on the way also.

Nick
Old 06-23-2009, 08:31 PM
JPEE

Nick,

PLEASE NO TEASER'S.................what are you up to? what is arriving? what kind of project?

Great new on the 600 parts coming in.

JPEE
Old 06-23-2009, 10:03 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I ordered a Great Planes Edge 540T. I heard nothing but good things about Great Planes and this plane is about the size of a .40 Nitro plane. My Super Cub was lacking in the quality and performance and this seems to have plenty of power and the quality seems top notch. It also seems to be the perfect candidate for A123's, which was the main reason I chose it. I also want to get into 3D with planes for another challenge and it seems to help with my 3D on my heli. It looks like I can also use my 450 batteries on it to get by for now. Then I am going to steal the ESC and receiver off my 450 for this plane, so the 450 will be retired for a few years. Maybe this will help Jeff finish his Funtana.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVEL2&P=0

Nick
Old 06-23-2009, 10:20 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Wow, check everyone's NEW TOYS!!

JPEE,

That bearin' greaser looks cool...should do a nice job...now all you need is a bearing blaster, to clean them before you grease them....we used to use something similar to this in the good ole' RC car days..

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...xtools.htm#top

Glad to hear that you got the RX's back too...now you can get on with the 500 rebuild!

Nick,

Cool on all your new stuff for the 600...probably a good idea, you don't need another unexpected power loss like that again any time soon! Proabably not a good sign if the insulation on the motor windings is burning...lol ! [X(]

That plane looks awesome! I like the styling and the colors....should be alot of fun too...for a plane...LOL Nah, just kiddin' I'm sure it's alot more fun to fly a plane than to just watch them fly...

Hope the one way bearing grease helps the bearing longevity...time will tell I guess...

Man, the PC and the car beat me up again today....too long and too tired to go into detail...

Here's a pic if we have any PC experts out there....is this a hardware, or a software issue??

Glenn

Name:	Ca80934.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	1223545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54834.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	1223546  
Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I think it will be a great plane that I won't out grow any time soon and not want something bigger soon after getting it. It is going to be interesting trying to find a place to build it, since it is bigger than my 600 and my work bench just barely fits that.

Sorry to hear your PC and car are still giving you problems. I have never seen a screen do that before.

Nick
Old 06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Very nice plane mister ! What a great plane to keep ya busy for awhile... I've always heard great things about them. Yeah 50" is huge ! I think my planes are only around the 43" inch range or so.

Yeah I can't wait to see some pics of your A123 set-up for it.

~ Jeff
Old 06-24-2009, 12:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Looks like I found the culprit...the PC is fine without the video card....but of course, no simulator action possible without it!! []

Time to shell out some $$$$ for a new one, I suppose...[>:]

It's only 2 years old, and it's a gorgeous piece of electronics, check that heatsink out!!...lol...maybe I'll frame it for memories... (not to mention it was EXPENSIVE!)...

Time to start shopping around, no heli $$$$ for a while now....[&o]

Glenn

Name:	Pn36763.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	1223873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90652.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1223874  
Old 06-24-2009, 01:03 PM
evdreamer

Thanks Jeff. I won't try the A123's for awhile until I get used to it with a 450 battery. No one has the motor that GP recommended for the plane, so I got the next size down, which someone on RCU tried and it has been working good for them. I wonder how well it will do 3D with a 3S battery, since they recommend a 4S for 3D.

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about your video card.

Nick
Old 06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I'am not sure about the diffs between how well it can do with a 3s or 4s... I guess you'll find out soon. I would think it's gonna be ok, but I don't know squat about the plane stuff.

Lol.... Yes I need to put my Funtana together one day..... Its been almost a year ! LMAO...!!

Glenn ~

Dang, sorry to hear about your G-Card. It sure looks sweet though ! Yeah I don't know much about that stuff...

~ Jeff

Name:	Tq48932.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1223887  
Old 06-24-2009, 02:58 PM
JPEE

NICK,

DANG.....that is very nice plane. I really like the size too. That is the one thing I really like about my T-28 is its size and being mostly what you can see it even when your way high up. Good luck with it. YES I think you will spur Jeff on to get his plane done too!

JPEE
Old 06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

This plane can't get here soon enough. It still hasn't shipped out of the warehouse.[&o] I really like that I can take the wings off for easy transportation. I just hope it can keep up with the Nitro planes. I was always nervous flying the Cub with the Nitro planes, since it was slow and just seemed to get in the way. Well my 600 parts didn't come today, so I was figuring out a way to cut the frames to fit the big scorpion motor in. I tried a couple of ways on my broken tail fin and they didn't work out too well. So I went out to Harbor Freight and got a $10 dremel. People say there are endless uses for one, so it might come in handy down the road.

Nick
Old 06-24-2009, 06:03 PM
evdreamer

It was hard for me to cut up a perfectly fine carbon frame, but I was suprised on how well this cheap dremel worked. The frames are now ready for my new motor.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 PM
JPEE

Good Work Nick![youtube][/youtube]

Just don't breath dust form the Dremel!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttOLBuA4sFk[/youtube]
Old 06-24-2009, 07:04 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I tried not to breath the dust. I also used a wet piece of cloth to wipe down the dust off the frame instead of blowing it off.

That looked like a fixed pitch heli the size of a CX. It was really moving.

Nick
Old 06-24-2009, 07:15 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

wow that thing looks amazing, looks like a new heli will be on the list lol

by the way glenn, the problem on my cp pro 2 was the gryo, tested the telebee gyro on it and the heli was rock solid and no wag. So the g110 is toast
Old 06-24-2009, 07:29 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

I tried not to breath the dust. I also used a wet piece of cloth to wipe down the dust off the frame instead of blowing it off.

That looked like a fixed pitch heli the size of a CX. It was really moving.

Nick
Nick,

YEP look like that to me too. She moves clearly as shown.

Good move on the wet rag and such. When I had to cut a canopy to fit I hit is with Dremel, CRAP! I saw the dust and immediately moved the work outside.

JPEE
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I bit the bullet, and went to Micro Center, a PC superstore...it's like a Home Depot for computers and electronics, and got a new video card....

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/produc...es/4870.aspx#1

It should be a good bit faster and better than my old one, which wasn't too shabby to begin with...I spent more than I wanted to, especially since they talked me into a new power supply, (which I actually need...) but I am certain it will be worth it in the long run....heck, it's only got a BILLION TRANSISTORS!! LOL

Months from now, when it's cold and windy outside, and Phoenix and/or G4 are running super smooth on the PC, I'll have long forgotten about the price, and will still be enjoying the awesome sim graphics...

Two years ago, when I bought the now broken card, I figured that a 430 watt power supply would be sufficient for any future updates I would do...(a stock PC power supply is about 350 watts)...

This card needs a 500 watt power supply, it's a beast...so I got a 600 watt to be on the safe side....just in case the next video card needs 600 watts!

I'll bet the lights will dim when I turn the PC on now....LOL[X(]

Now, I just hope it fits...my old card just barely clears the RAM slots...keep my fingers crossed...

Nick, sorry your parts didn't make it...hopefully tomorrow...

JPEE, that is a cool looking heli...what did they say, August 2009??? That means you can get one in March of 2010...

Glenn
Old 06-24-2009, 09:15 PM
evdreamer

it's only got a BILLION TRANSISTORS
Only.

500 WATTS!! That is what a Scorpion 2221-6 uses.

Nick
Old 06-24-2009, 09:38 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

I am happy for you man. Good luck with the new card, it should be awsome! If my lite go dim here on the West Coast I'll know its not an earthquake, but you firing up the Phoenix LOL.

I hope to start the 500 tomorrow, I have to clean up the bench and get to it. I took my CX2 to the Park this morning and forgot how much fun they are. Of course I put on the carch body not my cool military skin for sure.

What to you think of that MCX fixed pitch? Yes I'll get one summer of 2010.

P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.