Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:13 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Glad you found the ball backed out, that sounds like the culprit for sure! Reminds me of the first time I had a broken see saw holder on the B400...drove me crazy with constant tracking issues...until I finally found that little tiny screw/boss broken off where you can't even see it...

I'll try to get a pic of the 2350's...nothing too special, and nothing I can't tell you....they fit perfectly in the 500, even with the putty/dum dum stuff in the nose...plenty of room. And, they are heavy enough that it balances well with very little putty to begin with...

NO WAY will they ever fit in a B400!!! Can't say on the plane, but they are entirely too large for the B400, already been there, tried that! They are very slender, but LONG, and fairly wide as well....I think the measurements are on Hobby City, or I could measure them for ya....

Good luck on the 500 tomorrow...let us know...

Nick,

Bummer on the plane parts. Hope you can get both flying by the weekend at least....

Heli,

Congrats!!!

Yup, when I crashed my CPP2 last time, I KNEW better than to try another flip...but it was just too tempting, figured something I did wrong the first time...I have not flown mine yet to check the neg pitch/tail issue...

Well, I had a little mishap with the B400....OK, it was a CRASH...lol. But barely. I was trying some backwards flight...and doing pretty well, actually....but I was waaayy too low...and snagged the grass from about a foot up, sucked the heli in like a black hole...THWACK! It was short and sweet.

No real damage, just the usual "rubber stamp" B400 crash (JPEE knows..lol)...feathering shaft, flybar, mainshaft....blades were fine, main gear was OK, or so I thought...

Took everything apart, and the upper main bearing is rough, so it's getting a new one...and I was double checking the main gear, and it is just flat worn out...on one side...the teeth are about half height, the other side is fine...probably due to manufacturing tolerances, or lack thereof...lol.

Anyways, it was good that I took it apart, it has been a LONG time since I had it apart or crashed it...the dampeners (orings) were shot, rubber hangin' off of them, and I regreased the thrust bearings, etc...

All in all, not a bad thing, it was time for a teardown and inspection like that anyways...about a $15 crash, all told...now, if my LHS has the parts....I am out of flybars, and main gears, and the main bearing..time to stock up I guess, I should make a list and just order a bunch of parts from Helidirect...

The backwards flight was fun, while it lasted....I just gotta do it from much higher up next time...very challenging indeed... A little more sim practice wouldn't hurt any either...

Jeff, I gotta look at your vid yet...

Glenn
Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The side with the A has a smaller hole than the other side. It can stretch the link out if it is backward. If you need a half turn the long pushrod from the swash to the mixing arms can equal a half a turn with a full turn on the link. The ball joints used to always back out on my 600 even with a lot of loc-tite. So after every flight I check every single one to make sure it is tight. It only takes 30sec and is an easy way to keep the 600 flying right. I just use a finger nail and put it in between the threads and twist the object to remove as much thread lock that I can. Then I don't worry about the thread locker thats left and put more on.

Helistyle,

Cool you did some flips.

Nick
Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Nice vid! I don't know how you manage to keep the heli in frame... I guess it comes with practice, I haven't done nearly as much helmet cam stuff as you have, I don't follow the heli well with my head, I get lazy and just follow it with my eyes...and I always tend to lead the heli...[]

Looks like the CPP Is flying well!!

It's fun to drag out the old CPP once in a while, dust it off, and go flying! I still have my original! That thing flies great, it's anemic, but it hovers like nobody's business! Got those super heavy plastic blades, low headspeed, and the GWS tail stays put...it's a nice slow flyer for sure!

I did notice a tad bit of curvey blade syndrome in the vid, but nothing like the bigger helis, esp some of those I videoed at the fun fly...that one of Nate's....the blades looked like a boomerang...lol.

Have fun!

Glenn
Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 PM
rotarydoc

OK, time for a laugh!

I know that sometimes Chinese to English translations get a little mixed up and crazy...but look closely at the description of this tape at Hobby City...and the reviews!!

http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...e_15mm_x_50mtr

Just figured you guys might get a kick out of that, I know I did!!

Have fun!

Glenn
Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

LMAO...! Yeah, the next time I try my hand at some kidnappings, I'll have to try out that tape... I had to save that to show others... Lol... I'll be sure to tell them it was a "Doc" find....

Yeah the cam laid flat on the ballcap bill works so good. I have a tiny little mark of where I adjust the lens to, and then go fly...

~ Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61061.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1227193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81251.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1227194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66711.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1227195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21059.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1227196  
Old 06-29-2009, 10:42 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny indeed, you are more than welcome to show anyone...it's great for a laugh!!

I may have to experiment some with the "lay down" method, I just HATE to put sticky stuff on the brand new cam though!! How do you check elevation, you have that marked as well?? My problem is that I can't keep it consistent, even the hat exaclty correct on my head each time...[]

I just need more practice...

Glenn
Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah, but where you would put the sticky tape on the camera, there is nothing there. Just the case... The velcro comes off, and there's no sign of it ever being on there... Lol... That's what puzzles me with some not wanting to put velcro on the camera's.... I also use the very, very sticky industrial strength stuff and used it for over a year on my old Kodak and had that velcro right on the viewfinder halfway... Its off now, and you can't tell. When you go to peel the velcro off, it doesn't leave anything behind to clean... Its cleaner if anything... At least the stuff I use, which is the Walmart or Home-Depot industrial strength stuff. Some of the cheaper crappier kinds of velcro may be a different story... Dunno...

For years, I always just wear my hat the same way, and that is pretty much level on my head. With the Webbie then, nothing changes of my hat position. Hat level, and then I have a little mark of where I film for the lens angle. It works very well indeed. Pretty low-profile.... I think you should try... Plus, I think you'll get less vibrations from the camera being flat than standing upright and possibly being prone to more movement/vibrations. But just guessing on that one...

The Webbie also hangs off the ballcap just a bit, because its fatter on that end and I want it level. So with the velcro on the back, the camera is level on the bill of the cap... But since the Webbie hangs off the front like I was saying, you can "see" if its pretty much level or whatever... The ballcap is great for the sun along with some sunglasses...

If anything, and what I found out today, is you can always just poke your head over by the side mirror of your rig and double check the hat-cam...

Old 06-29-2009, 11:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That tape description was pretty funny.

I was doing some calculations and I think I will only get 4-5min out of a 2100mAh battery with my plane. Out of curiosity I put two of my 2170mAh FP batteries together and my plane balanced out great. I should get 10min out of that setup!!

Nick
Old 06-30-2009, 04:41 PM
JPEE

Blade 400 on a DX7 SOLVED! July 1, 2009

Tips were good but not the cure for me. I had to change a setting which had had my gyro at 100% grain. But with that said I did more reading and found a guy that said Horizon Hobby has on this info on their website buried DEEP in their bull**** the exact "how to" fly a Blade 400 on the Dx7. Where is it, you have to go to their site and look up their PNP Blade 400 version OLNY. And IN THAT HAND BOOK and not in their RTF heli 400 it does EXPLAIN how to fly "program" the 400 on a DX6i, Dx7 and JR transmitters. Once I applied those plans and made and adjustment on the REV and NORMAL mode for servos I was done. If you have Hitec 65 servos here is the only difference.
In the REVERSE menu only 2 3 5 are rev.

For others in the future here is the link;

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1475

Again I want to say thanks for all of those guys that wrot back.

Regards John aka JPEE

Old 06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Jeff,

Well, I guess I will try the velcro, and the lay down hat method, it sure does seem like it would work better...maybe I'll tinker with it some this weekend....lol, I'll probably put it on, and then take it right off to make sure...

But, I'm sure you are right, it will probably peel right off later on, if I need to...

Nick,

Sounds cool on the 10 minute flights!

Some of the electric plane guys at my club get some pretty long flights in, for sure, I don't know what they are using for batteries though...

JPEE,

Cool that you got the 500 back in the air, and mostly all set up...at least you have the tracking issue nailed down now...

I just checked, my gyro is at 74% last time out...and it flew great there...I don't know what may have happened on that spike...sounds kinda scary though..

I have no clue as to what the GY401/DX7 setup should be...that is strange that it's OK with the DX6i...gotta be something in the DX7 radio setup, I would think...

I finished the B400 rebuild, surprisingly, my LHS had everything I needed, flybars, main bearings, and main gear w/o the one way bearing.

I used my Align one way bearing tool for the first time. I used a hammer, which didn't seem too cool, I think next time I'll use the mini vise...but it turned out fine...just seemed to take a lot of banging with the hammer, can't be too good for the bearing...[]

Took it out before the big storms came, and set the tracking, it flies like it never happened....lol.

Hope you guys get to fly some soon...

Glenn
Old 06-30-2009, 08:57 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

A friend sent me this...pretty amazing!!!

http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4464984

I have always loved the real SR-71's....

This guy must have a small fortune invested in this thing...OMG!!

I didn't get to see any jets at my fun fly on Saturday, but this more than makes up for it!!

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 06-30-2009, 09:00 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn.

Sounds good she slipped back together nicely, good job.

On the hat issue, why not just put 4 small squares ( smaller than postage stamps) on the hat and camera rather than cover the entire screen?

JPEE
Old 06-30-2009, 11:45 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear your 500 is working good again.

Glenn,

A real SR-71 is in a museum a few miles from my house that I fly demos at. I just got done emailing people about another demo at that museum. It is a big plane and I heard it out ran a missle some where.

Nick
Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is cool, I've never seen one in person, only on TV and the internet.

It's the fastest plane in the world...

I have watched shows on it, the skin is totally titanium, and is fit very loosely with alot of gaps, so that when the skin gets really hot at supersonic speeds, the gaps will leave room for expansion of the titanium panels.

The story goes that the seams had so much gap, that the SR-71's would drip fuel while they were sitting on the runway waiting to take off...

Pretty amazing aircraft indeed.

Glenn
Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Evan T.

Ahh the good old blackbird man that's an amazing piece of work
Old 07-01-2009, 02:05 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

YOU"RE ALIVE!

How are things down your way?

Been flying any?

Playin' with the cars/trucks some?

Havn't seen ya around, hope all is well....

Take care,

Glenn

Old 07-01-2009, 04:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

My airplane parts came today and the new hardware from DuBro is so much better than the stock hardware. It is already put back together and ready to go except adjusting the rudder servo links. I have some cousins over, so I won't be able to fly it today and I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. If my am feeling up to flying tomorrow I will try and maiden it along with my 600 if my parts come tomorrow.

Nick
Old 07-01-2009, 06:34 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the hardware, I like most of Dubro's stuff, the jesus bolts for the B400 seem like they are pretty good quality from them...glad the plane is almost ready!!

Hope your 600 parts are here tomorrow too...that would be cool to go flying them both soon....

My thoughts will be with ya tomorrow, from what I hear, getting your wisdom teeth pulled can be kinda rough....hope yours goes well...

I Have heard the best thing is to just be knocked out with anesthesia if possible...so you don't remember much...good luck, hope it isn't too bad for ya.

Glenn
Old 07-01-2009, 08:37 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick

Holy Cow and Double YIKES!

My best to you for tomorrow. There is nothing nice I can say about going to the dentist. It is what it is as they say, no fun! At least you only need to this once.

Good luck and take care.....your friend JPEE
Old 07-01-2009, 10:33 PM
evdreamer

Thanks Glenn and JPEE.

This is my first kind of surgery, so it should be interesting. Yeah I will be getting knocked out before they pull my teeth. I have to fast after 12, so I am pigging out right now.

Nick
Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 AM
evdreamer

I thought I put back my servo together correctly, but it was creating a weird buzzing noise. So I hooked up my RC ammeter that goes between servo connectors and it had twice the current of my other servo. First I learned that I had to press on the servo gears onto the case shaft. Then I guessed I pressed it on a little too far, so the lower gear was also trying to spin the upper gear, hince the extra current. I really like that these micro servos use bigger case screws, so I can use a regular screw driver.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:32 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Nice job diagonsing the servo...I have not had a great amount of luck when I take servos apart, but then again, I was working on some Eflite DS 75's too...which are trouble to begin with..

Good luck later today with your surgery, hope all goes well!!

Glenn
Old 07-02-2009, 02:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Besides having to press the gears onto the pot. shaft, this servo is a lot easier to work on than the JR and Hitec micro servos.

I got back around 12 and now recovering. My first dose of drugs were wearing off, so I have a bag of ice on my face until my new drugs kick in.

Nick
Old 07-02-2009, 03:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear you are OK....and recovering fairly comfortably...hope all goes well from here on out...

I guess they have you on some pretty powerful pain killers, eh?

Do they make you feel weird or anything?

Hope you are not too uncomfortable, and can get some rest.

It can't be pleasant, that is for sure....wish you a speedy recovery!!

What kind of a servo is it that you are working on, it's the one out of the rudder of the 540, right?

I got a couple of flights in at lunch, but it was windy, the B400 was all over the place, wild altitude changes....and the wind was blowing towards me...not a good thing. So, I left after the second pack, while I was ahead....lol.

Take care, and hope you feel better soon!

Glenn
Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I can't remember the name of one of the pain killers, but that one is a powerful one and I am taking some Ibuprofen when I need it.

They just make me a little drowsy, but there aren't any other side effects.

The servo is a Futaba S3115.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNCV8&P=ML It looks like they just raised the price of those servos. It used to be a couple of bucks cheaper. I use that servo for everything on the plane. It has some centering problems, but I didn't want to spend a couple of hundred dollars on digitals. I was testing the plane in my drive way and it turns in a lot smaller of a circle than my Super Cub. It should help me get off the run way quicker.

That is cool you got to fly today.

I also got my pitch slider sleeves for my 600, so I will try and finish that up later today.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.