Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Townsley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

do the 16mm shocks make much of a diffrence than the 13mm ones? i have a jammin buggy and truggy. is it worth it, or should i worry about getting a engine and decent steering servo first? by the way...wat steering servo do you guys use?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:00 PM
docphysics

I would say an engine and good steering AND throttle servo's are a must! Big bore shocks only help to smooth out rough tracks. You can dial that in with different shock weight oils in 13mm shocks. I am using this on my CRT never had a problem:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ80&P=ML
Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Townsley

what engine u run in it? and wat shock oil u runnin? check this servo out dude....looks pretty good to me....

hobbico cs-170
Old 12-18-2007, 09:41 PM
docphysics

oh yea, that servo has PLENTY of torque. You don't need one that strong for the throttle. 100-140 oz-in is fine for throttle. I run 55wt up front and 45 wt. in the rear. For the engine I run Losi Mach 26SS. Here is my CRT in my backyard, the track is really too small to open up the throttle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgTqZdaq_NE
Old 12-19-2007, 06:45 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Is my X1 CRT's chassis supposed to be hitting the ground when falling from a little over three feet? I thought the shocks were supposed to be a bit harder than that?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:04 PM
docphysics

probably need thicker shock oil and/or heavier springs.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:20 PM
UG0TB4NN3D

Well, I have the hard springs on it, and I'm getting the Extra Hard progressive spring set for it.

Also, the front are 45wt and the back are 40wt. Do you think I should get thicker oil?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:33 PM
John82601

A 3 foot static drop should (IMO) make your chassis hit the floor. Not hard but it should touch. That's quite a deceleration rate considering the limited travel our trucks have. An X1-CRT isn't a monster truck and your suspension setups should be quite different. The springs that you're suggesting seem WAAAY to stiff for all but the gnarliest supercross style track. I'm still running the kit springs and 55wt/fr and 45wt/rr (p.s. the same as suggested just a few posts above this one, really, take a look, we get tired of regurgetating information) and get just minor tail slap off of our biggest jumps. If your track has jumps large enough to require the extra stiff springs then I would go with the 16mm shocks to help control the flow of shock fluid and dissipate the energy more effectively.

The new issue of RC Car Action has a simple explanation of suspension droop. It's a very basic article but I think it might point you in the right direction. Don't forget that stiffer springs REQUIRE thicker shock fluid to control them otherwise your suspension will oscilate. Picture a Honda Civic with lowering springs and stock struts, it hits a bump and continues to bounce up and down because the springs are too stiff for the shock to control them. Springs hold up weight, the shocks control the motion.

You might take the time to actually read this thread and feel free to use the search feature. There is a lot of great information already available regarding setting up your truck.

Good luck.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:48 PM
UG0TB4NN3D

Oh, alright. Thanks a lot for the informative post.

I'm sorry, by the way, I'm new to truggies, and it just seemed rather odd to me that the truggy's chassis was hitting the ground when jumping just around three feet.

Also, I tried the search, but it brought up a ton of things hidden in threads, about just one little part of my search, like "Shocks," for example, but now I don't have to worry about that.

Once again, thank you. :3
Old 12-19-2007, 10:54 PM
John82601

I'm sorry if my response rubbed you the wrong way but it's been one of those days and the discussion here had just been about suspension and your question was posted right under what could've been the answer. With 90+ posts to your credit I was assuming you weren't a newbie so I was a little harsh on you. I appologize. We need to clarify a little, a 3 foot vertical drop as you originally stated is vastly different than a 3 foot jump in your last post. Supercross riders are consistently clearing 30ft+ of vertical air off of tripples and quads without harm. Drop the same guy on the same motorcycle straight down off of the fourth floor of a parking garage and things are gonna get ugly quick. Those are the same dynamics that our trucks go through.

Scan through the threads, check some Pro Set-Up sheets
http://www.jamminproducts.com/setups.htm and ask the locals what kind of set-up they're running, most of them will gladly share.

The X1-CRT is an awesome truck, one of the best out there. If you're just using if for bashing, throw away the set up sheets, fill the center diff with 300,000wt, set the suspension to full stiff and go to it. But if you're racing, the suspension has to be able to work, if the springs are stiffer than the weight of the vehicle and terrain require, then it can't work. That's why I can't stress strongly enough that a set of Extra Hard Progressive springs is not your answer.

55wt in front, 45wt in the rear, front arms just above level and rear arms level at ride height should get you in the ballpark for most tracks. You can find your ride height by dropping the truck from a height of 6-10 inches and letting it rebound by itself.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:37 PM
UG0TB4NN3D

Oh, it didn't, I understand completely, and I stress the search function in other forums, but I just couldn't find anything stashed away in all of these threads. Lol.

Also, I plan on bashing, but racing as well. Not really as much bashing as...Backyard racing, I'll be trying to learn some basics to get my car around successfully on the track, of course.

I guess I'll be buying some 55 and 45 wt oil, then, instead of the 40 and 50 wt I had planned, and definitely not the extra hard springs. I'll just keep the springs I have for now.

Thank you, once again, for your help.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Townsley

hey, im wondering what size of rims to get for my jammin...like wich ones work best? i want to use a pair of crimefighters, but imnot sure what size i need. the tires that came stock with the jammin are to wide and it makes it hard to turn. what do you guys run on urs that works best?
Old 12-22-2007, 04:14 AM
McFly505

ORIGINAL: Townsley

hey, im wondering what size of rims to get for my jammin...like wich ones work best? i want to use a pair of crimefighters, but imnot sure what size i need. the tires that came stock with the jammin are to wide and it makes it hard to turn. what do you guys run on urs that works best?

I'd be lookin into the new Proline LPR stuff.

Thats what I'm getting for mine.

Scott
Old 12-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Townsley

but what size do i need? like standerd or 1/2 offset?
Old 12-22-2007, 01:41 PM
McFly505

I prefer the 1/2 offset wheels and crimefighter tires.

I'm ordering all 3 sets of LPR tires just as soon as the bow-ties become available at A Main.

Everyone I have talked to really likes the LPR stuff.

Some guys have been running the Losi 8ight-T wheels/tires with good results.

It just seems to me that when you take half the sidewall out of the equation, it should really help in the handling department.

I'll find out in January if thats true.

Scott
Old 12-22-2007, 02:34 PM
cobra26

ORIGINAL: McFly505

I prefer the 1/2 offset wheels and crimefighter tires.

I'm ordering all 3 sets of LPR tires just as soon as the bow-ties become available at A Main.

Everyone I have talked to really likes the LPR stuff.

Some guys have been running the Losi 8ight-T wheels/tires with good results.

It just seems to me that when you take half the sidewall out of the equation, it should really help in the handling department.

I'll find out in January if thats true.
Scott

Let us know how you make out with the low profile tires. I tend to believe the kind of track you're running has a lot to do with the best tire-sidewall height, and I tend to prefer the higher ones myself. I know the low profiles have been doing well, but from what I read, it's always the top drivers using them anyway, so it doesn't prove much to me. I'll be real interested in what you have to say about them when you get a chance to get 'em and have some run time under your belt.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:39 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Just joined teh Jammin owners club with the purchase of a used CRT pro kit!!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:33 AM
docphysics

NICE! Welcome to the club!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Thanks!! I have a mach 427 I am planning to put in it, so I can use teh same rotostart for my LST2 racer. Got it for only $160 shipped!!!!
Needs a couple of things, but for teh price, its unbeatable
Old 01-02-2008, 11:21 AM
docphysics

nice! I am running the losi m26SS with rotostart in mine, and it is awesome. So the mach 427 will be a beast in yours!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Whats teh weight on yours? What servos are you running?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
docphysics

A little over 9 lbs.

I run this for throttle:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ89&P=ML

And this for steering:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ80&P=ML
Old 01-02-2008, 09:37 PM
UG0TB4NN3D

I finally got the stuff to get my CRT running.

Sportwerks 26 V2, Spektrum Dx2.0, and a Thunder Tiger 3-Chamber EFRA 2039 Tuned Pipe.

Should be interesting to play around with. O:
Old 01-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Rob6

Anyone plan on buying the X1X? I think the only difference is bigger shocks.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Turboprop130

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has the 16mm shocks, narrower chassis with a kickout to protect the radio box, engine is moved forward, buggy style center diff with 50T spur, lighter axles, buggy style servo tray, and the body is narrower with a shorter cab and longer hood. That pretty much sums it up. There is a article about it in the back of the January car action magazine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.