Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 05:17 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

How are you feeling/doing?

Up to anything today?

Hope your recovery is going well!!

Glenn
Old 07-05-2009, 05:42 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool on the loops. I just started doing loops last month and felt more comfortable with flips like you.

I am doing a lot better today. If I feel like this tomorrow and the weather is good I will go maiden the plane tomorrow.

I just got done with a test flight on the 600 and this time the pitch slider stayed in one piece. I couldn't find a happy medium on the gain setting with the stock carbon blades, so I am going to put a new pair of K and B blades on and see how that goes. I was using the travel adjustment as the gain, so if I still can't find a good medium I will try the gain menu again. My motor and ESC were hot again after the flight, but the battery temp went down a little, so that is good. Then the motor can handle over 200 degrees, so I won't have to worry about that now.

Nick
Old 07-05-2009, 06:04 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear that the worst is over for ya....get all better soon!

Yeah, I think I would feel better about looping if I had alot more room...I kinda cheated, I started on a field that was higher than the field I did the loops on, so I wasn't looking so high up in the air...a little above eye level...

I think the loops would be cooler if I was going faster like at the club field. I really didn't have alot of forward speed going into them...

Sounds good on the 600...I gues you are referring to the tail blades? Sorry the motor and ESC are hotter than you would like...hope they hang in there for ya...at least the battery temps are lower.

That's one thing I don't worry about on the B400's too much, the motors run pretty cool, and the 40 amp ESC on the main one is fine, the only thing on them that gets hot is the stock ESC on the stock one.

Good luck on the plane maiden when you get to it...

I am having a lot of problems with You Tube...my vids are all messed up, the video is all slow motion...lol...the sound starts, but the vid is super slow.

I need to find out more about that new site Jeff has been using, and try that. I like Vimeo, but I can only upload one HD vid a week for free...

Hope you feel better!

Glenn
Old 07-05-2009, 06:14 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I put the K and B blades next to the Align ones and they are shorter, so that might help out. I also weighed them and they are perfectly balanced.

Nick
Old 07-05-2009, 06:50 PM
evdreamer

The K and B tail blades were the ticket and the 600 is flying good again. Here are some pics of the 600 with the 540.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12553.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1230328   Click image for larger version

Name:	If10622.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1230329  
Old 07-05-2009, 08:43 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad the K&B blades took care of the 600 issues....

Man, that plane is pretty big if it makes the 600 look like that! [X(]

Looks like the 600 still has the largest rotor/wingspan...

Nice looking plane, for sure, I like the colors alot!

I am still waiting for the video to post...

I should have quite on the backwards flight while I was ahead...lol..had another little crash a little while ago. Looked alot worse than it is, the rotor head came off the heli...had to carry it back in two pieces..lol.

Looks like the usual stuff, main, feathering shafts, flybar, jesus bolts....not a bad one at all....

I need to rethink my approach to backwards flying....I find myself getting too low, and developing an inward spiral, kind of a corkscrew effect, and my circles get smaller and smaller...

I can do it quite well on the sim, at higher speeds and altitudes, which is probably alot easier in RL too...but it's just kinda scary too...lol

Hope you get to maiden the plane tomorrow...

Glenn
Old 07-05-2009, 09:34 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I finally got my video to load at Vimeo, and it's at normal speed...having alot of issues with the Webbie vids on You Tube, but since they play fine on Vimeo, I think it's a You Tube issue...

http://www.vimeo.com/5465978

Anyways, I have like 2 more vids, but I can't put them up at Vimeo, only one HD one a week...[]

I was working on some more difficult (for me) moves in this vid..so bear with me, esp on the backwards flight...lol, takes some practice!

I got mad at the very begining because of the Eflite 40 amp ESC...it will cut out like that at random on a spool up...very annoying....when you slowly spool it up, it will just cut power, and you have to start over again...back to zero throttle. It never does it once it's past that first time...thank goodness! [X(]

The new hatcam setup works great Jeff!! Thanks for the great idea!

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 07-05-2009, 09:49 PM
rotarydoc

LOL,

I don't know *** is up with my vids on You tube, it said two of them were too long, they are like 5 min vids...

The only one that I could post is this one, and it's in super slow motion....lol, kinda neat looking in a way...

Watch if you have lots of time on your hands...LMAO!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krTCaM6uvM4

Glenn

P.S. I'm about done with YOU TUBE...

Old 07-05-2009, 09:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I thought it would be a good size reference to put the 600 in the photo with the 540.

Sorry to hear about the crash. Yeah that hatcam setup was working great and the heli stayed in the frame the whole time.

Nick
Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Nick, great picture of the 600 and the new plane!

Glenn, good news on the loops

Myself and a buddy took our birds out this morning. I took the 400, 500 , 600 and my T-28 to let them breath so to speak. I got in two packs on the 600, 4 packs on the 400 and 2 packs in 500 and I think 4 packs on the T-28. We started at 5:30 a.m. so as to catch the coolness of the morning and the blue skies to fly against. I tried my front camera mount on the 600 again in two positons just trying things out to see what works the best. The videos are not much to see as we were flying in a big open field that had just been used the night before for parking but as I said this was a flight check so to speak. In video 2 you will see our pop-up tent and me out front flying the 600. It was tough to fly far off without a canopy making orientation very very difficult.

Be sure to watch in HQ

Video 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFg4e2IK3s0

Video 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3EX7xmgck

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFg4e2IK3s0 [/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3EX7xmgck [/youtube]

Hope everyone had a great 4th JPEE
Old 07-05-2009, 10:45 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear you got some flights in today. Nice vids. You should see if you could get paid doing arial photography.

Nick
Old 07-06-2009, 04:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Great pictures of the plane next to the T-600. [8D] Makes it much better to judge its size. The thing is HUGE ! Jeebus......

Glenn ~

Nice video ! The Webbie is so dang clear.... Yeah I've used Sports mode lots of times, but like others have said it leaves a "gray filter" look to the video. It has to be REALLY bright outside for it to work the best I've noticed. I've been using Landscape mode for all my videos so far, and seem to like it the best.

I love using "Exposure Room" instead of You-Tube or Vimeo... I like the darker background, and its faster to upload at least for me. The reviews seem to point out that its better than Vimeo, but who really knows as you know how that can go with everyones input... LOL... Plus there is 3 different versions for playback... Some can't get the most out of our HD movies because the vids will be "jittery" resulting usually from there slower internet speed, and the PC not being able to handle it as well as the newer Pc's.. So there is the "MD" version, and another smaller version for easier playback if need be...

Kinda cool, but I'am not sure if you can upload DIRECTLY from the cam to the site.... I had thought I read that you need Nero or something similiar to convert, but not sure.

I knew I saved my old bent tail booms for something..............! Stir sticks....! LMAO.....

Old 07-06-2009, 09:53 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I just got back from maidening the 540. All I can say it is an amazing plane to fly. I was doing knife edges and flying inverted on the first flight. It has to be landed fast or the nose will go right in the run way, so I wasn't ready for that. After the first couple of flights I programmed in flaps and that made it much easier to land. I am suprised how well it did on a 450 battery. I was getting good performance and 3.5min flights. Then when I used two of my FP batteries in parallel, I got a little better performance and 6min flights. I got 5 flights on the plane today and 5 on the 600. The silicone worked great on my one 12S battery. The Scorpion motor almost doubled my flight time to 4min. It was easier to bog, since the KV rating isn't as high as I would like for the HS I want. I had a great day flying for 6 hours.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I went to test fly the B400 after the little crash...and something was still amiss...turns out the tailboom got a little bent in the crash as well...so it's off to the LHS tomorrow again, and I can finish up I hope....

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words on the vids...I will try "landscape" mode next time, see how that goes. I was watching my vid, and in some spots there was no curve to the blades...it all has to do with headspeed/shutter speed on the cam I guess, as we have already concluded...

I took a look at "exposure room"....looks like kinda a PITA to use...for me at least. It says something about not uploading "raw" HD vids, and that they need to be compressed first...ugh...too much work/hassle for me...

I also did some research on You Tube, and I am definitely not the only one with the slow-mo HD MP4 vids...others have the exact same issue....but I don't know what You Tube is going to do about it, or when....the weird thing is, my vids from the fun fly were fine, so it's something that YT has done on their end...

I could live with Vimeo if I could upload more than one HD vid a week....I am NOT going to pay $60 for a year's subscription either!! So, I dunno, I have more vids I wanted to share with you guys, but I'm at a loss right now...

Nick,

You've been quiet today...hope you felt up to the plane maiden??

JPEE,

Nice aerial shots there with the 600! Very cool looking down at all that stuff...

Glad to hear that you had a great day flying, and got everything up in the air now...

Heli,

How's the simming going??

I'm gonna watch some TV...today has been brutal...NOTHING went right...I got the first pack of links for the B400 from the LHS, and the two that I needed the most were missing from the bag...had to go back up there, and they gave me another...finally got to get it ready for testing, and found the boom bent...now another trip to the LHS...I should really stock up on the most used stuff I guess...or quit trying new stuff for a while...LOL..that backwards flight stuff gets me every time! I'll get it one of these days...

Hope everyone had a great day....

Glenn
Old 07-06-2009, 10:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about your day with the B400.

Nick
Old 07-07-2009, 12:52 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

How are you feeling, mostly better now? I hope so...

Today has been alot better so far...I got a new tailboom...the LHS was out of regular aluminum ones, so I went ahead and got a CF one.

I have never had a CF boom before, so we'll see how it goes.

So far, so good, got it all installed, and test hovered and set the tracking all is fine...

I know CF will break in a bad crash, but I believe that it would have survived these last couple of "crashes" from 2 feet off the ground just fine...so I guess I'll see...

Glad to hear that both the 540 and the 600 are doing well, and you finally had a chance to get out and fly!

I may fly tonight, it's entirely too windy today at lunchtime, plus I spent most of my lunchtime installing the boom and setting the tracking.

Talk to ya later,

Glenn
Old 07-07-2009, 01:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I still have some pain, but it isn't too bad.

My CF boom on my Belt CP survived a crash pretty good.

It is too windy to fly here also.

Nick
Old 07-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys I haven't been flying for a long time it's in the tripple didgets every day and I haven't had time I'm always on vacation but I'm still here
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

Glad to hear you're still out there...I'll bet it's HOT down there too...!!

Been pretty good flying weather here, in between windy spells...has not been really hot like July gets around here YET...

I'm sure it's just around the corner...I'll probably be hating life in August...right now, the nightime temps are in the low 60's, even high 50's in places....unheard of in July here...very unusual.

Anyways, have fun on all your vacations and stuff, and keep in touch, we're all still here...just check in from time to time...lol.

Take care,

Glenn
Old 07-08-2009, 09:24 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

actually I haven't done any flying lately on the simulator, my wife got me the fs one but without the controller :/ and I already opened it so I can't return it. I check everywhere for the fsone mode 2 controller but everyone is out of stock untill late july

I also got a new helicopter, a ep200 but I won't be buliding it for awhile at least untill I get some more stick time in on my cp pro 2

hows everyone been lately?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

There should be an adaptor, so you can interface your transmitter with the sim. I think they are around $5.

Cool on the new heli.

Nick
Old 07-08-2009, 11:58 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli,

Not too much new here, kinda windly lately, but I'm usually able to get some flying in after work, are you doing anything new lately with the CPP2?

Hope Nick's suggestion for an adapter works for your sim, Phoenix is the same way, adapters for different radios.

Is your EP 200 a brand new kit? That should be fun once you get around to it... I flew my Gaui the other day when it was nice and calm...and it's flying great...just need some low wind days/evenings...

Nick,

Gonna be able to do any flying? Still windy here, but not too hot yet. The breeze is nice for keeping it cooler outside, but it sure is a PITA for flying.

Glenn
Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't want to risk crashing today, since I will being flying in another demo tomorrow afternoon.

I was using an airplane calculator last night to see what combinations of batteries, motors, and props would give me good performance and flight times. If I got another prop and motor I can get Nitro performance and flight times with a 6S A123 setup! It is a pretty cool calculator. I enter the specs of my plane and the performance I want and it chooses from a huge database of motors, props, and battery combos that would deliver the performance. Then it gives an opinion of what the flying characteristics would be like and some potential problems. Then it tells the current, Power in, Power wasted, efficiency, motor RPM, thrust, flight time, motor temp, rate of climb, what throttle position would give the longest flight times, and more. It has sure helped me to pick the right prop instead of going off a recommendation and guessing. I still can get good performance with the A123's and a different prop, so that will help save some money for now instead of getting another motor. So I am going to take apart one of my 600 batteries and make two batteries for my airplane. It would be nice to have something like this for helis! Jeff this calculator might help you out with your Funtana.

Nick
Old 07-08-2009, 01:07 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yup it is a brand new kit glenn, I just picked up a futaba t6exa fm radio, actually I got it for free at work lol so that will be used in the ep200

but I wont be getting around to putting the kit together for a bit, want to just take my time

also the cp pro 2 is a great flyer for me right now, especially since I just crashed it today again lol was doing flips and such, so much easier now, but I did manage to crash it a bit coming out of one of the flips, but they are getting so easy to do though.

nick I was going to try and use my eflite cp pro 2 transmitter on the fs one simulator but I dont think they sell an adapter for that radio :/ maybe I am wrong correct me if I am lol
Old 07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Horizon had three adaptors and they said Airtronics and Futaba, but I don't know if they would work with the CPP2 transmitter.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.