Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:15 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Jeff, let's use the PM for hunting stuff.
Yes it does seem things have changed.... Its during those times I do catch myself being off-topic quite a bit eh ? A cure may have to be set in place...

Take care of yourself Jay and the others also....

~ Jeff
Old 11-07-2008, 09:51 PM
choppersrule

Jeff-Michael,

Yikes! I've been so involved with the mCX. I plumm forgot about the Vapor, and I have the spare parts to do that. Duh!
Maybe after work Saturday, I'll do that. Got the mCX were I want it and very happy with all the response of the cylic stick, it's a hott for sure. I understand you liking the Vapor. To each there own. That's what makes this hobby so great, sooooo many options to fit everyone's needs.

Arrow,

Very well said, and all of the Bob's understand. Just keep us in-line. Can't wait for some videos, but who am I to talk. I'll get around to it someday. Just not high on the priorites right now with the economy dripping. Glad to see ya lurking and tell Jacki, the old guy said HI!

Jay,

Working Saturday sucks, screws up the whole week end. I work, every third Saturday. Yep, move the cars out of the garage and have a ball. I still do that all the time when wind is up, with all my helis.

Dave
Old 11-07-2008, 10:03 PM
choppersrule

Choppers Update,

mCX: What a heli. Love it to death. Very crash resistant and a lot of fun to fly. It'll be great this winter. All the mods that I want to do are done and all of them work extremely well. Stops on a dime when doing piros, unbeliveable.

Vapor: Broke the prop awhile back, got the parts in. But forgot about it, cuz I was having to much fun with the mcX.
I'll get it done after work Saturday or Sunday at the latest. It too is a hoot to fly. No mods on this criter!

Lama V4: Been doing great, flys good and lots of fun. Oooops, two night ago, all it wanted to do is go backwards, no matter what the cyclic stick was moved, or the cyclic trim.. Yikes! Took it down tonight and found that the plastic swashplate has seperated. Know problem with them... Squeezed it all back together with some needle nose pliers. Back and running again, just like new.

HBK2: Another fun flyer. Nothing to report on it. Nothing broke.

Always remember SET-UP and PM, Check it all out, and don't forget to lube,

Love ya Bobs,

Dave
Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Wnuk

Dave- I thought that was you in the pic, sorry about that[sm=red_smile.gif] Neat pic though. Great link to the setup site also. I now have it bookmarked for future reference when my little brain forgets something[&o]

The 401 is fabulous. I cant belive how well it holds. Today was the first day where upon liftoff I didn't have to trim the tail. No drift whatsoever throughout the entire flight. I was impressed to say the least.

Jeff-That for the comments, I like making video but wish I had a better camera for it. And I appreciate the info on the Align ESC. I thought it went to 6V but couldn't tell for sure. I've got a busy weekend but may try to get it in sometime if I can figure out how to program it & what I want to program it to. I have some ideas, just need to find the time to try it.

Jay- I can't say enough about a sim. I spend quite a bit of time with mine. I just wish I could find a B400 for FS One. The heli I use doesn't react quite like my B400. Looking back at my inverted attempts video, I can see that I tried too hard, meaning once I got inverted I began to overcontrol out of fear of losing it. It reminds me of when I first started learning to hover, remember how we would overcontrol? I just need more patience on the sticks and impliment the commands more lightly. I'll get it yet, I hope[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

I'm off to bed. Sports are killing me. I had my oldest son to basketball practice from 6:45 to 7:30 tonite. I have to get him to soccer practice for 9AM tomorrow then to hockey practice for 11:30, then a birthday party at 2PM. Will get home in time to watch the 2nd half of the Penn State game then catch the Rangers game at 7PM. Off to bed again then have church at 8:30, CCD for him at 9:30 then get him to the soccer field for 11:30 for his playoff games at 12:00 and 1:30. I will record the Nascar race and watch it tomorrow night if I can keep my eyes open! I LOVE being a dad. I think I'm going to be in bigger trouble when my youngest starts playing sports too, there won't be enough of me to go around!

Love ya all like brothers!

Jim
Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 AM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

Hey guys been busy working taking pictures for the county,got out the other nite to fly my b cp and did pretty good getting more time in the air without setting it down, found that my tail vibration was from a bent tail shaft. jay had a big buck walk right across the road in front of use today and i thought of you tried to take a picture but he ran into the woods,i been taking pictures of some of the country here were i live it is really something this time of year i will post some for you guys. mikey
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23821.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1067617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14286.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1067618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51418.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1067619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67167.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1067620  
Old 11-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mikey1964

Hey guys been busy working taking pictures for the county,got out the other nite to fly my b cp and did pretty good getting more time in the air without setting it down, found that my tail vibration was from a bent tail shaft. jay had a big buck walk right across the road in front of use today and i thought of you tried to take a picture but he ran into the woods,i been taking pictures of some of the country here were i live it is really something this time of year i will post some for you guys. mikey

mikey

Sounds like you doing good just keep at it. I love my Belt its a great flyer kinda wish I would have known about it sooner than my bcpp Too windy here to fly so trying to fine to the Belt right now im chasiong down a small vibration in the head. Great pics kinda looks like here in backwoods Indiana.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:49 AM
mikey1964

ORIGINAL: Oracus

ORIGINAL: mikey1964

mikey

Sounds like you doing good just keep at it. I love my Belt its a great flyer kinda wish I would have known about it sooner than my bcpp Too windy here to fly so trying to fine to the Belt right now im chasiong down a small vibration in the head. Great pics kinda looks like here in backwoods Indiana.
Kyle~yes its really back in the sticks were we are taking these pictures, this last week the weather was great just didn't have the time to fly but i'll get there in time, i have a small vibration in my head too untill it spools up and it smooths out, i think it's just all the plastic and slop,i was looking at it the other day after flying and noticed the servos don't go back to center very well that is causing me more stick movement then i should have to use, i will buy better servos when i can afford it. mikey
Old 11-08-2008, 10:10 AM
theradioflyer

Hey mikey those are some great pictures. That first one looks like the BOB's all got together That's me on the right

Blessings,

Jay
Old 11-08-2008, 10:29 AM
mikey1964

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Hey mikey those are some great pictures. That first one looks like the BOB's all got together That's me on the right

Blessings,

Jay
Jay~ did you notice that last picture of the dear eating out of the wagon i seen those women petting it after i took the picture, it looked like a pet you don't see that every day.mikey
Old 11-08-2008, 04:19 PM
theradioflyer

I did notice that deer. Pretty darn cool.

Well..... Mama told me there'd be days like this[:@] A little off topic but you all know how a simple project can turn into a nightmare.
I noticed water all over the floor in our upstairs bathroom. Lift the tank lid and water spraying out from where it shouldn't. Long story short a simple replacement of the filler turned into new bolts on the tank, replacing the valve on the water line which required 3 trips to the hardware store, and soldering in pipe for the new valve. Geese Louees..... I was ready to chuck that toilet out of the window[>:]

Rant over..... I hope everyone else is having a good weekend

Blessings,

Jay
Old 11-08-2008, 06:31 PM
choppersrule

Mickey,

Great pictures and glad the old cp is getting some more air time. Just be persistant. Yes, that's Jay on the far right, me, I'm the one with his head through the fence, looking at a pheasant.. It's hard to tell in your photo, so I saved it in the old computer and zoomed in on it, sure enough a pheasant in the grass. (Old eagle eye here ) My grandfather use to feed deers out of his hands, and he could actual make squirrel noises, don't know how he did it. But they would come to him, and eat out of his hand to. Like talking to the animals.

Jay,

I'm a whiz at toilets.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=shades_smile.gif] LMAO (did ya get it)

Seriously, I know the pain of toilet-tre. A couple years ago, nothing would go done, not even the water. Oh, crap, well, no it wasn't either. After taking everything apart, and pulling the toilet from the floor, the whole thing was clogged with human hair. It just built up over the years, well the new rule in the Chopper house, no hair in the toilets from combs or brushes. Put it in the garbage can.

Hey, you blessed my Saturday at work, very well Jay. If all Saturdays were this good, I'd work all of them. Made some good bucks today (finally).

Jeff Michael,

My goal for the night is to get the Vapor back together and give her a few flights. And a few on the mCX and the Lama V4. Batteries are on the grill now. LOL

See ya Bob's and might catch ya later,

Dave

Old 11-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Wnuk

Nice pictures, Mikey. Looks like some great fall shots. My 3yo liked the shot of the RR tracks going through the rock cut out. Hr loves trains!

Busy day today, no flying for me. I did manage to program the nw Aling ESC I got from lookyj. I haven't installed in the frame yet. I used my Futabe 6XAS to program it while I watch Penn State lose today[]

Busy day again tomorrow, might get some flying in on Monday.

Jim
Old 11-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

[]

i APOLOGIZE sincerely for having SQUELCHED y'alls commentaries in other, side "interests"

An offer of something REALLY GOOD for y'alls enjoyment is delivered in this clip : http://www.vimeo.com/1788614

it only shows that we are really, but really just duffers/beginners in the world of RC models.
I believe that this shows the BIG LEAGUES. I enjoyed it tremendously.

have we taken a picture of BOBs III ???.... they ARE showing an interest, at least 4 of them are

TECATE time..
JIM in Pennsylvania : I can MAIL you one, if you're interested ?
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Wnuk

No need to go mailing a beer to PA from TX Rick, though the gesture is greatly appreciated. I'll get to sample one at some point in my lifetime! How are you doing since the hurricane? Give me a call sometime and we can catch up. You stilll have my number, don't you?

That was a great video. I always admired it when 2 people trust each other enough to do something like that. Depth perception can be deceiving when flying fixed wing. I've had some close call when I thought distance was OK.

Something I noticed in my heli flying that has carried over from fixed wing flying: When I go to do a roll, I have a tendency to apply "up elevator" just before starting it. That's good with a plank but with a heli it slows down forward momentum. If you watch my last video, you will notice it in the first or second roll I did. After coming out of the roll the heli was nearly flying backward. It took almost full forward elevator to get it moving again. I NEED to break this habit.

Jim
Old 11-09-2008, 12:58 AM
theradioflyer

Dave, that is great news! I pray that this is just the start of great things to come I mean the work thing and not the toilet LMAO!

Rick, what an awesome video[X(] That was so amazing. Not only a beautiful plane but the a aerial video was right on. I wish I could be that good. Wow.... Thanks for that, incredible. Not to worry about side interest squelching, I understand completely. I apologize for causing the discomfort.

Jim, myself mainly being an aerobatic plane flyer I also pitch up just before doing a roll. Holy Smokes, I think you just gave me insight to a break through. I never thought of that but yes.... I pitch up and by the time I'm out of the roll my heli is about to a hover. Thank-You! Now I also have to try and break that habit[:@]

More wind today and through Tuesday. The Snow will be starting soon. I have plans of a aerial video of snow covered landscapes[8D]

God Bless the BOB's!

Jay
Old 11-09-2008, 01:58 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Barrrick

[]

i APOLOGIZE sincerely for having SQUELCHED y'alls commentaries in other, side "interests"

An offer of something REALLY GOOD for y'alls enjoyment is delivered in this clip : http://www.vimeo.com/1788614

it only shows that we are really, but really just duffers/beginners in the world of RC models.
I believe that this shows the BIG LEAGUES. I enjoyed it tremendously.

have we taken a picture of BOBs III ???.... they ARE showing an interest, at least 4 of them are

TECATE time..
JIM in Pennsylvania : I can MAIL you one, if you're interested ?

Rick ~

Awesome video ! That is superb video quality also I might add..... You don't need to apologize at all Mr. Rick.... We all love ya no matter what, so no worries... All things always pass... We are all understanding toward one another...... Take care sir, and swig down a Tecate for me also ! Hek.... Swig a few down..... I showed and posted Mr. Vic your video of the dragon-fly today on his EXI thread.... He got quite a kick out of it !

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 02:09 PM
lookyj

Choppers -

how'd you do on the VAPOR repairs?

I spent yesterday TRYING to fix mine up. Everything was going smoothly, I got the needed parts in: Landing Gear, Gearbox/Motor Mount, and Rear Wing. Was able to remove the busted parts with some nail polish remover and wire cutters. Even the installation of the replacement parts was relatively easy. So now I was ready to plug in a fresh pack and bind to my DX7. Seemed to hit a little snag during the binding process, it just wouldn't BIND. After several attempts, I finally got the VAPOR bound to the DX7. The Rudder and Elevator responded correctly, so I took her outside for a test flight. NO THROTTLE.....

After inspection, I found out the drive shaft on the gearbox is tight. Might need to polish the shaft, any expertise on the tiny VAPOR shaft? Actually, I'm going to take it back to my LHS and exchange for another gearbox.

So she sits still awaiting flight....

Rick -

did you get the cleaning tape to work?
Old 11-09-2008, 02:16 PM
choppersrule

[sm=teeth_smile.gif]Mr Rick,

No apologize required, we are the BOB's and hang together through thick and thin. Lordy knows, I've had my moments.
Yiikes! What a great video, about half way through it, he must have had a cam in the cockpit too, mounted to a servo somehow. Because you can see him move the camera for different views. Outstanding find on that one. Cervaza time!

Jim,

We all have those busy days for sure. But at least you've got the Align ESC programmed, mark that off the list of things to do.
Great tip on the "up elevator" going into a roll. Those are the kind of experiences that help everyone. I see that Jay, swooped right up on that tip.[sm=thumbup.gif]

No flying here either, very windy and cold. A little snow flurries(spelling). I'll just putter with the coaxials today, for some indoor enjoyment..[sm=shades_smile.gif]

Jeff,

Just call me Mr. Procrastinator, I didn't get to the Vapor Saturday night. Was having to much fun with the tiny little heli.[sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]

Dave

Name:	Wu61020.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1068750  
Old 11-09-2008, 02:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

So..... Looks like ya might have already had breakfast from the photo above eh ?!... Kidding.... But yeah, its actually quite pleasant here right now... Not to much wind really... the one thing I like about the Vapor better than the MCX is it will handle a slight breeze better... Gonna go fly it again, if I can break from RCU ! Flew quite a few packs yesterday and was a blast... I haven't flown it forever ! Like I said in the other thread, Vapor #1 is a throw launch, and catch landing so to speak as I chopped off the landing gear yesterday...LMAO... It looks so cherry in the sky though ! I even had a few skid-landings accidently as the prop drags across the rocky terrain, but no damage (Yet...LMAO)... But yeah, ya got to catch it when yer done, or cut power and glide into a soft bush or something...

Alright.... Off to go torture a Vapor....[8D]

~ Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 02:34 PM
choppersrule

Jeremy,

Our posts just passed each other at the hub. I just posted to Jeff that I was a procrastinator last night and didn't get to it.

Hey, you can polish that shaft, check it out.[sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=idea.gif] It's just smaller than the main shaft on your 600.

Dave

Name:	Xu62436.jpg
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1068760  
Old 11-09-2008, 02:47 PM
choppersrule

Jeff,

Not breakfast at all. You forget, or don't take into consideration, that there is a 3 hour time differnce here. Actually, I never drink beer before 3pm on weekends.

Hey, I found a cool place to store the mCX. LMAO! Not trick photography, it's just that small.

Next you'll figure how to fly it with only one servo to lighten it up some more.(Hmmmmm). Go out and have a ball.
I'm stuck in the house today, oh well. The Colts are playing today in about an hour.

Dave

Name:	Qo41158.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1068793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11395.jpg
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1068794  
Old 11-09-2008, 03:02 PM
lookyj

just a tad smaller, LOL

announcing LOOKYS of LA:
SUPER SERVO SUNDAY

if anyone of you needs some servos for that next project, let me know!
the list:

(3) JR DS285
(3) JR DS821
(3) FUTABA 9202
(2) FUTABA S9254
(1) FUTABA S9257
(3) HITEC HS-65HB
(2) EFLITE S60
(2) PARKZONE PKZ1061
(1) PARKZONE PKZ1060
(1) AIRTRONICS 94091
(1) ASSOCIATED XP1016

Name:	Kh17763.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1068825  
Old 11-09-2008, 04:39 PM
J-MICHAEL

Wow Jer...! Major collection for sure...... I need to really start thinking on what I may need of which all that ya got for sale, even besides the servos......

Dave ~

Here's Vapor #1 (left-side) with the cut-off landing gear.... It flies so killer now though, and looks more pleasant in flight than seeing those little feet dangling about... Ya got to be quick on catching it though when your ready to bring it in for a landing... All the more fun !

Old 11-09-2008, 04:57 PM
theradioflyer

Howdy All!

Jeff, a clean plane is always nice! Good move at weight reduction. I've probably said this before but one of the first lessons in RC flight my Dad gave me 18-20 yrs ago..... He took a penny and dropped it. It fell very fast and he said even as light as a penny is it still falls quickly and now think of the wing area and speed needed to keep the penny flying. It stuck with me all of these years.

Dave, I bet you can't get a video of you flying the mCX out of that cheese ball jar Can you imagine, you spool it up and it would look like the Lotto ball machine, or Bingo

Blessings,

Jay
Old 11-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

REPORT FROM Rick; that old one in the South, home of IKE, Allison and Alice [>:]

a great day today, with a big EVENT : (for me at least ! ) went to the RC field and actually flew a plane R/C and a heli R/C in the same day , for the first time !
(but not SIMULTANEOUSLY ! ) ha !
... sequentially..... ...... [ sheeesh I even "bore myself" ...]

I meant to tape, but with the CamCorder stuck with a strange problem, couldn't do that.
It's another PERFECT DAY here in Houston. Wind @ 5 to 10, 74F, 2 small clouds in the sky. 5 people total out at the field, nobody with planes, just me.
got the Xpert to start and check the RAPTOR for me. Then flew two tanks, in the wind. Great performance. The plane (a Trainer to be used for a friend, flies so well indeed
that I made the whole "old timer" B Pattern Aerobatics, with it...... howzat for a HOBBICO trainer plane ? it even does 4 and 8 point rolls and they look pretty darn good.

REPORT FOR JEREMY LOOK : the Panasonic tapes were taken back by FRY's. they admitted that they came DEFECTIVE from the factory. They even opened one more at the store
and the "slider" was not there, just the hole.
However : purchased a DYMEX head cleaner in BestBuy, the hole is closed, so I paid for it......put it in the 'corder and the sign CHECK REC TAB '''STILL COMES ON """ and stops
the machine from working. Run out of ideas so run a PANASONIC site, and wrote them a report about this situation ( they're in Chicago, so the response should come in two days.}
it may wind up that the 'corder has to go up to Chicago....

On FRIDAY 14th. ( next Friday) I hop on Continental to go to Buenos Aires, spend 10 days with my daughter. The one that was here for 3 weeks just now. Friday the boss calls me
in and tells me I have 5 days PTO, and must either take them of get paid for them. So I take them. So I will miss the group, and will probably "lurk" from a long distance. If their
'puter works I may even post SALUTATIONS & GREETINGS.

It's getting RIDICULOUS here in Houston. The stores are "today" completely SET UP FOR CHRISTMAS. My poor wife would have had a fit because she used to say : "one day" they
will start setting up for XMas even before T'giving ! WELL FOLKS, it just happened and she was right.
Next year it'll happen before HALLOWEEN
in four years the XMAS SEASON will open up on the 5th. of JULY..(never under-estimate the power of GREED, everybody so scared that nobody will be buying anything, HA)
the stores are FULL of people buying everything. they should worry

say GOODNIGHT, Dick.............goodnightdick.......[X(]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.