Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:54 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Here are the finished pics. I had a little trouble with the covering around the rudder and elevator, but everything forward looks pretty good. If the elevator wasn't glued in I think it would have looked better, since I could use one big sheet of covering. I am charging my batteries up and going to head up to the field soon. Hopefully their contest doesn't last too long, so there will be an open fly after.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52928.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1243883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23611.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1243884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59362.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1243885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57100.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1243886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23756.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1243887  
Old 07-26-2009, 02:16 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Good pictures, but man oh man that looks like that job was a BI**H to do. I have to applaud you for taking it on as a first timer.

JPEE

Old 07-26-2009, 09:16 PM
evdreamer

Yeah the curved solid parts for the rudder weren't easy to do and it shows. The flat opened parts were easy. A guy at my field wanted to see me do the novice pattern moves for airplanes with my heli and I could do them. Well I have to redo my landing gear again.[&o] I cut a minute off of my flight time and I was doing good for 5 flights. Then on my 6th I didn't like my approach, so I tried to go around and get a better one then my motor cut off again and went into the ground. My plane doesn't glide very well, since the battery is about half the weight of the plane. I had full flaps on to help it glide a little better. I put that battery back on the charger and it said there was only 1% left. So I should be getting good at repairing planes now. Then I had three good flights on the heli as usual. I think since the heli is goverened it is easier for me to estimate the flight times than with the plane trying to control how much throttle to give and for how long. The supports survived the crash, but the landing gear brace snapped in half, the prop is broken, there is a hole in one wing, and there is some damage to the front end.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:29 PM
JPEE

Oh Nick,

Sorry man, what a thing to happen after all of your hard work. Glad the heli came through. Get some rest , you have been buring the candle hard this weekend.

JPEE
Old 07-26-2009, 11:59 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Bummer....so sorry to hear about the crash so soon after all the repairs...[]

I guess you'll be getting some more experience with plane repairs again soon...argh...

At least the heli did well...

Hope you can get it rebuild soon...

Glenn
Old 07-27-2009, 01:31 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Ah man I'am sorry to hear that. But look at it this way... Its broken in ! But kidding aside, at least it will be your trainer, and you'll learn a LOT flying it and repairing it so that when the time is right and you get another someday, it should then be smooth sailing... Or flying that is...

I've already placed that thought in my mind for this Funtana. Its pure trainer... I should just jab a hole in her right now and get it over with, and repair it then maiden ! But yeah, its gonna be a fun hairy experience. I noticed even my Typhoon doesn't like to glide very well... I know my Challenger's are probably like your Cub and they will glide forever. I wonder if its just a 3-D plane thing ? I really don't know...

I haven't done anymore to my Funtana from when I strengthened the landing gear. I'll try to do some more, so that we'll suffer together learning. Still fun though....

Oh.... But if you don't mind, and get a chance could you snap a few pics of the damage from the 2nd crash ? I'am always curious to the damage, you know this.... ()

Take care Nick,

~ Jeff
Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I think you said this about your 450, my 540 now has battle scars.
I'll try to do some more, so that we'll suffer together learning.
Then we can start a struggling with airplanes thread.
I will get some pics of the damage after school. I now know why it was hard for me to estimate the flight times. One of my batteries is more like 1950mAh instead of 2300mAh. Then it used 50mWh/min more than I estimated, so it was a double whammy.

Nick
Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Here are the crash pics. There were also a few chips of paint missing on the wheel pants and cowl.

Nick

Name:	Ki19060.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1244516   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97364.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1244517  
Old 07-27-2009, 11:14 AM
JPEE

Nick,

Again sorry to see the damage on the plane. You have some work cut out for you it appears. As Jeff, said; this wil be your trainer and when you get a bigger,faster, heavier plane you will be ready.

At 5:45 a.m. while Glenn was under his blankie and you were no doubt just going to bed...lol.. I flew a pack in the 500 low and slow as there was not a lot of light yet. Then a pack through the old CX2 and man again I say; it is fun to fly where you came from. Then later and pack in the 500 again but I was cut short. The bugs "small nats" were now out and in my face, nose and ears buzzzzzzing me. I had to land once to clear my face. Then I stood on the dirt baseball diamond and thought that would do it.....NOPE they came back at me so I had to land again with 2 min still on the pack. "I" listened to my little voice when it said GO HOME FOOL before you taco the 500 so I did. Yes I had deets with me but I just gotten out of the shower and did not want to smell like the crap or come home and do another shower. We have a water shortage here in California you know LOL.

JPEE
Old 07-27-2009, 11:34 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I don't think I will want another plane. When I have power this plane flies really good. This size is just right for my car too. Anything bigger and I would need a truck or a trailer. For fun I put my bigger prop on and drew 100A and 1300W of power. That is a little more than two times the power that I have now. I would probably get short flight times, but it would be fun.

Sorry to hear the bugs ruined your flying day.

Nick
Old 07-27-2009, 12:03 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks for the pics. Perfect timing because I had possibly thought that the firewall area on the underside was weak as I see in your pic it is all blown out where the orange mark is. Last night, I ran a bead of fiberglass across there for a small brace. Now I'am glad I did... Lol... I still see the landing gear area really takes a lot of abuse. I think I better put a brace also on the backside like you said awhile ago of another weak area. I hate to add to much weight, but I'll work it out. Maybe stick a bunch of packing tape on the rear or something... LMAO.. I did weigh the empty fuse when I first got it, and so I'll have to strip the motor and landing gear off and weigh it again just because I'am curious on how much weight has been added so far, so I know how and where to compensate. If its very little, I may make a few more braces... Then I'll be more excited crashing to see what holds up maybe more than flying ?!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
evdreamer

I finished fixing my 540 again. I beefed up the landing gear even more and beefed up the front end where most of the damage and cracks occured. Crashing is the only way to see where the weak spots are. I just have to recover the front of the plane and patch up the one wing and I can fly again. I am going to see how this prop does before I travel up to my LHS and get a smaller one.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:59 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Glenn, I bulit the ep200 and such cool little heli, I am not sure if I told you or not but its the hobbycity firefox ep200 not the gaui. I guess it uses the same parts though. I like it and everything but I am selling it for $35 shipped, just because I want my t-rex 250 to be my only heli lol
Old 07-27-2009, 08:28 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds cool....when do you get the Trex 250?

Is it already assembled, or is it a new kit?

I think you'll like it alot...my Gaui is alot of fun when I take it out in low wind conditions, for sure!

I also think you'll appreciate the Align quality, fit and finish on the parts and stuff...lots of attention to detail on their stuff...

Good luck, and keep us posted, and some pics when ya get it!

Glenn
Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 PM
HeliStyle

its a kit, with the align 3400kv motor and esc.

I actually took the spectrum ar6100 out of my cp pro 2 and sold it without the reciever so I could use it in my t-rex 250 lol

should be here at the end of the week
Old 07-27-2009, 09:32 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds cool!

Are you studying the HF forums? Lots of good info on there for the 250....not sure if Finless has a build vid or not, he probabaly does...well worth a look see on that one....

Good luck, let's see some pics when it comes in!

Glenn
Old 07-27-2009, 09:34 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yup, he does have quite a few vids on the Trex 250 build...

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=109075

Have fun!

Glenn
Old 07-27-2009, 09:35 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I am going to start reading up on it and such. I have been looking at them so long now, decided you know what its time to get a good heli I never really noticed that the cp pro head had soo much slop untill recently.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds cool....yeah, the Trex 250 head won't have slop like the CPP2 does, I can PROMISE you that!!

And, it will fly as such...much more precise...you'll love it...it may take some getting used to, but it will fly alot better, no doubt about it...it just won't have that "sloppy" CPP2 feel...it will be precise, and will do exactly what you input into the sticks!

Can't wait to hear how you like it when it arrives...be sure to post!

Glenn
Old 07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Dankhead25

guys

got a question repaired my buddys b400 when we were messing with the stock tail servo i noticed that it was real slow coming back to center from one direction and the center changed.

is this one of the problems of the crap servo or could this be the gryo causing the problem i suspected junk tail servo and recomended him to get a new one. does anyone have any suggestions on a good but not super pricey tail servo. also any thing i should check before i say its the servo and not the gryo.

does the gryo have anything to do with the centering of the servo

thanks
jeremy
Old 07-28-2009, 10:08 PM
rotarydoc

jeremy,

That is perfectly normal. It is how the gyro acts in HH or heading hold mode...

If you want to double check the gyro and servo, do this....put the gyro into rate mode by reducing (temporarily) the gyro setting in the DX6i....take it down to somewhere below 50%....try like 20% or something, and then watch the tail servo, it should act just like one of the cyclic servos...that is, it will come right back to center when the rudder stick does, it should follow the rudder stick inputs exactly, not look sluggish and not return to center like it does in HH mode...

FYI, the gyro is "split" so to speak....anything above 50% gain is Heading Hold, and anything below it is Rate Mode. You will always want to fly in HH mode, almost never in rate, unless you are doing some setup work...

Hope that helps!

Glenn
Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Dankhead25

so it is supposed to be slow to come back to center in just one direction
Old 07-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Dankhead25

and is the center supposed to change or should it be in the same place every time also the travel seemes to be diffrent when u move it back and forth a few times it doesnt go to the same stoping point every time
Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Dankhead25

any sugestions on a decent tail servo
Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 PM
rotarydoc

jeremy,

The tail pitch slider will do what you are describing (not returning to center, slow to come back, etc) when it is in HH mode....all of my helis do that same thing...if you still have that issue in Rate mode, then you may have something binding, a bad servo, etc....so, I would check it in Rate mode, and see how it acts...

There are alot of decent servos for the B400...but to be honest, the stock one, as long as it's working well, does an acceptable job...I flew with a stock tail servo for an entire year before I upgraded it...and I still fly my all stock B400 with one all the time!

I used a Futaba 9257, but it's big, and hard to mount in the stock location...some guys like the smaller tail servos, even the JR DS285 or something like it seems to work well also...lots of debate on that subject!!

I attached a pic of mine...

Good luck,

Glenn

Name:	Nl29211.jpg
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1245525  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.