Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

I did that verything on three trheads and a new window comes up but is blank! Then after other tries I got one to come with text saying press the buttons to get the slide show going............there were no button he he. Perhaps tomorrow?

Sounds good on the 540, good luck and have some fun. This afternoon I rebuilt may T 28 servos form my last MAJOR crash. I am moving the electrics over to the new fuselage, main wing, and elevator. The only stock thing left is the canopy HA HA HA. Between those parts and new cowling I am in for 103.00. a new PNP cost 170.00 so I am ok I guess. I'll just more the motor, esc, and four servos.

Have fun..........The P man
Old 07-31-2009, 10:33 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I hope your new fuse gets your performance back with the T-28.

Nick
Old 08-01-2009, 07:31 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Been awful quiet in here today!!

I have been up to something..... (that's why I've been so quiet..lol)

Remember that Raptor .50 that Rob's friend was selling, that I talked myself out of last week?

Well, he emailed me, and said he would part out just the heli and parts, and keep the radio, and cut the price almost in half...

I started thinking, and looked at the pics again, and figured that if I want to try nitro, this would be the way to go...for the price, and what I got parts wise, and the condition of the heli, there is no way I could pass...

So, I GOT IT!!!!!

I'll have some pics up later on, and show ya what I got...the thing is spotless, very clean, very well taken care of, and very well done, by a guy that this guy got it from that had alot of heli experience, and it shows...it has lots of CF stuff, and I LOVE that the tail servo is boom mounted, Nick, I remember you saying the guy at the field hated his tail pushrod setup...it's been very well addressed on this heli...

Pics later!

Glenn
Old 08-01-2009, 07:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I have been out flying since 1:30. There was 15MPH winds, but it was only 75 degrees. It later calmed down to almost nothing. I have been practicing my traveling piro flips and I am getting better at those. I also practiced piro flip loops and rolling backward circles. Those two need some work, but I am slowly getting the hang of them. My 540 came back in pieces again.[&o] It was pretty windy my first flight and when I went to land I landed on one wheel and that kind of broke the glue. So I put some more CA on at the field and went up for another flight. This time I had a dead stick, so I had to land in not the best conditions. Then that bent my landing gear back again. The supports that I made survived the crash, but the original frame around that didn't. So now I need to design the whole frame to survive the weight of the battery and not the best landings. It also kind of damaged my receiver battery. It doesn't look too bad, so I might charge it again and see how things go.

Cool to hear about your new heli. It will be a lot more stable than your 500 it will be scary. Raptors have been great flyers, since they came out. Did it come with an exhaust difuser? If not you might want to get one to keep the oil away from the tail servo.

Nick
Old 08-01-2009, 08:03 PM
JPEE

Glenn

AWSOME MAN CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:07 PM
J-MICHAEL

AWESOME GLENN...............!!!!!!!!!!! You naughty boy you.....[8D][8D][8D] Cool, I can't wait to see some pics... I knew you were up to something ! HA....! [8D]
Old 08-01-2009, 08:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I want to fly this weekend because I'am off... Maybe the T-450 hopefully... Its just I DON'T want to crash anything right now because I'am getting closer to finishing up the MFX and if I crash one of the heli's, what will happen is I'll want to fix that ASAP, and then the plane will sit again ! Eh !

I hope I can fly this Funtana ok, and be good at it so I can get a huge plane like you got with the 540 Edge in time... Hey, did you know Jay over on the Wheeee thread has your same plane ? Kinda cool... He knows who you are, so if you ever need any little tips he's definately the guy... He's been flying planks for over 17 years ! Man, I hope to be in this hobby for that long... In fact, I know I will.... That's why there's no rush with anything in this hobby for me, I still have many more years to crash !

Heli ~

That's cool you got a Trex 250 ! You Trex head you........... I bet it should be perfect for your yard... Enjoy it !

Glenn ~

I think this year Santa should bring you a plank to poke around with...

JPEE ~

Did you leave the DX7 on for the battery to go dead ? Funny, because I just did that a few days ago ! First time since I've owned it...

~ Jeff

JPEE ~

Is your DX7 battery ok.......? I heard you say something in another post about your DX7 being dead ?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:29 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the congrats...

I've got a LOT of figuring out to do now...lol...it'll probably be some time before I get it in the air...

I'm already scratching my head on a couple of things...lol.. Nick, it looks like this fuel system has a small 2 oz reserve tank of some type mounted outside the frame...was wondering if that is it's purpose, a small, more visible reserve tank?

Sorry to hear that your plane came back in pieces..[&o]

What is a "traveling" piro flip? One that you are in motion as you are doing the piro flips? Congrats on your progress...I can't even do a piro flip on the sim yet...lol..

The heli came with no receiver, but he fired it up in his garage before he took it out...now I'll have to figure out which servo wires are what...I will finally be putting the AR6200 to good use...LOL, it's in the CPP...what a waste!

I am extremely happy/impressed with the O.S. .46 FX so far....he started it up, and we were going to take it out back, but it started raining....the engine sat there, purring like a little kitten, for at least 2-3 minutes...

Got some stuff to do....pics on the way soon, I promise....LOL, the thing barely even fits on my heli table...I'll have to clear the entire table off...

Glenn
Old 08-01-2009, 08:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

the thing barely even fits on my heli table...I'll have to clear the entire table off...

.............. Or back one of the vehicles out from the garage so it could fit snug in one stall as you work on her.... Lol...! Its just gotta be huge ! I don't know what .50 size is, but Ia'm guessing a tad bigger than a 600 class electric ?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:59 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That is cool Jay has my same plane. He probably doesn't have problems with the frame like I do. It only happened once I put the A123's in, but I love the POWER.

.30 = 550 electric, .50 = 600 electric, .60-.90 = 700 electric. Some body needs to standardize the heli sizes by blade size. Since the electrics came out it takes too much time to think of what size the heli actually is. Now Glenn has a heli the same size as JPEE's and my 600.

Glenn,

That small fuel tank is called a header tank. It is supposed to help only feed fuel and not air to the engine. Most of the air will be in the main tank.

Yeah I move the heli from one side of the field to the other while doing piro flips. That is part of the K1.5 moves for the 3D masters. I just have two moves left to try. Then I can move to the K2 moves. I also tried autos higher up than I have been doing them lately. I don't know if all helis do this, but at that height it likes to level itself off. So I have to give a little forward elevator to keep it moving forward.

Good to hear the motor is running good. I have heard nothing but great things for the OS heli engines.

Nick
Old 08-01-2009, 09:12 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the info on the tank, that makes sense, and I have read that somewhere as well....just wasn't too worried about it at the time...

Nice progress on your moves!!! Congrats!!

Now, two more hopefully simple questions...lol...I think I know them both, but want to check with you as well....when I go to bind the AR6200, the receiver pack will be plugged into the bind slot...I can just use any other slot/pins to put the bind plug in right, since they are all on the same bus?

And, do you think that with this mCCPM setup, I will still use CCPM 120 degree setting on swash setup? I forgot to ask the guy how he had it setup...

I went to take the pics, and the camera battery is dead...charging now...

Yeah, way back in my GMP Cobra days, I was using an Enya SS .50 engine, and my buddy got an O.S. .46 His idled better, had more power, and was easier/less finicky to tune...

I was jealous the whole time...LOL

Glenn
Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I'll give ya my 2 cents to help...

To power the RX you can use any of the terminals.... BUT for binding, only the batt/bind slot....

Nick ~

Thanks for the descriptions of the sizes for the heli's... Yeah so confusing... Same with the planes !
Old 08-01-2009, 09:28 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks, I knew it was one way or the other, have never had to worry about it before....always had the bind slot open on the electrics!!

Good thing I asked, don't wanna burn up my AR6200....

Speaking of that...gotta go rob the CPP!!![X(]

I doubt I'll miss it not flying...LOL

Glenn
Old 08-01-2009, 09:42 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am pretty sure you need to use the 1 servo setting. I don't know what is called on the DX6i, but it should be something like that. That will seperate all the channels, so the mechanical parts can do the mixing. I have to use that setting for my flybarless system on the 450.

Nick
Old 08-01-2009, 10:01 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks, that makes sense...I haven't even looked at the manual yet, that would probably help some...lol...

Yeah, on the DX6i it's called "1 servo 90 degree" so I'll try that first.

Still waiting on the cam battery.

I need to put new connectors on the RX pack...the connection is REAL loose, very dangerous, the guy was using a special clip that keeps them together...I don't trust it...it's getting new connectors..

Glenn
Old 08-01-2009, 11:29 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I want to fly this weekend because I'am off... Maybe the T-450 hopefully... Its just I DON'T want to crash anything right now because I'am getting closer to finishing up the MFX and if I crash one of the heli's, what will happen is I'll want to fix that ASAP, and then the plane will sit again ! Eh !

I hope I can fly this Funtana ok, and be good at it so I can get a huge plane like you got with the 540 Edge in time... Hey, did you know Jay over on the Wheeee thread has your same plane ? Kinda cool... He knows who you are, so if you ever need any little tips he's definately the guy... He's been flying planks for over 17 years ! Man, I hope to be in this hobby for that long... In fact, I know I will.... That's why there's no rush with anything in this hobby for me, I still have many more years to crash !

Heli ~

That's cool you got a Trex 250 ! You Trex head you........... I bet it should be perfect for your yard... Enjoy it !

Glenn ~

I think this year Santa should bring you a plank to poke around with...

JPEE ~

Did you leave the DX7 on for the battery to go dead ? Funny, because I just did that a few days ago ! First time since I've owned it...

~ Jeff
JEFF, YES I WAS DOING LAST MINUTE T-28 TWEEKING AND FORGOT TO RUN OFF THE DX7. I PLUGGED INTO THE CHARGER AND LEFT IT THERE FOR OVERNIGHT AND IT CAME BACK. BUT I MUST ADD IT NEVERS CHARGED THAT BATTERY ALL OF THE WAY TO THE "FULLY CHARGED" LEVEL. ITS LIKE IT CHARGES TO 3/4 OF A TANK LOL.

JPEE

JPEE ~

Is your DX7 battery ok.......? I heard you say something in another post about your DX7 being dead ?
Old 08-01-2009, 11:32 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Here's some pics, finally!

One thing I have found that I don't like is that it has no air filter at all....not good!! I have to start looking online to see what I can find...I don't like that at all!!

Other than that, it looks pretty good! Very unique swash/mixing setup, once you actuallly look at it, it makes alot of sense...and not that overly complicated like I was thinking...

Gotta get to work, I would at least like to get the AR6200 hooked up tonight, and see if I can get everything going the right direction...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80131.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1248244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10096.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1248245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21510.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1248246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl25938.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1248247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ug52637.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1248248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sj71976.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1248249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs28646.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1248250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hg21562.jpg
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1248251  

Click image for larger version

Name:	On95248.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1248252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oa22891.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1248253  
Old 08-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Dankhead25

glen
that thing is huge congrats on the new bird i am looking for a b 400 my mom is buying me a early x-mas present so looks like new birds all over the place got a bid in on one on ebay

any one with an extra that might want to sell pm me

jeremy
Old 08-01-2009, 11:55 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Pretty clean was and understatement! That is a handsome bird there Glenn.

JPEE
Old 08-01-2009, 11:58 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Next dilemma....lol...

This thing has a fuelproof box in the front for installing the old school FM receivers, with a long wire antenna....I don't think putting the main unit of the AR6200 in that is going to work very well for reception, so I guess I'll find a new external place for the RX...[X(]

I don't think there will be too much oil up front, under the canopy...

In the old RC car days, when we wanted to waterproof the electronics, we would put them in rubber bags, kinda like baloons...that might be an idea for the long run...

Glenn
Old 08-02-2009, 12:02 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE, Jeremy,

Thanks for the compliments....I was amazed at the condition, this guy barely flew it for the past year or so...and kept it nice. The amount of spare parts is unreal....blades, frames, 3 clutches, tailbooms, landing skids, owners manuals, rotopod training gear, brand new pitch gauge, gallon of fuel, starter and one way starter shaft, and dozens of miscellaneous spare parts....

It's got a bunch of CF upgrades, main blades, tail blades, boom supports, vertical and horizontal fins, etc...

Not a bad buy for $300 eh?

Jeremy, I don't know anyone selling a B400 at the moment, I'll keep my eyes open for ya....

Glenn
Old 08-02-2009, 12:16 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I was wondering the same thing about the RX like the AR6100's AR6200's in these planes. I wonder if I'll lose some reception if my AR6100 is installed inside my plane all enclosed ? I see Nick has his inside, but I think he's also running a 6200 and gets those extra antenna's from the secondary unit.

Yeah balloons are favored for keeping the RX or other stuff safe in our cars. I just didn't like suffocating it as heat may get trapped inside. For my cars, I made waterproof cases, but yet they can still breathe for the ESC.

You may also browse the RC boat supply stuff as I've seen some cool cases and covers that they HAVE to use to keep some of there components dry and free from any messy oil residue. You would think for a Nitro heli they should have something out there, and if not well then there behind.....

That heli because of the size should make the Trex 500 feel unstable ! Lol...! I know my Logo is a night and day diff from the T-500 stability wise. Your gonna love it ! And I'am going to learn from you ! Someday that Trex 700 Nitro will be in my hands.... Hopefully in a few years !

The only thing left to do for this plane is punch in some more TX settings, and she's done ! Hopefully next weekend I can maiden it....

Name:	Hf98746.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	1248269  
Old 08-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Dankhead25

glen

that is a steal for only 300 that is very clean i cant belive the size diffrence in the 400 and that big bird
cool on the up grades to cf and all the extra parts do you have that heli on the sim to practice with>
was it intimadating when you heard it fire up does it use a similar clutch as a r/c car with clutch shoes and so forth
was that the glow plug mounted to the side of the engine with the wire coming off of it
look kinda complicated i am shure you will figure it all out but at the cost of some sleep this weekend
how many chanel radio do you have to have to have a nitro
Old 08-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Dankhead25

that is a nice looking plane i would like to get one of those soon as well i got to buy the girlfriend some stuff first other wise i will be getting in some trouble but it might just have to happen really want a foamy to start with though
Old 08-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Dankhead25

hey i finaly got some pictures of me flying this was my first flight with out the training gear on so i am making some progress still need to get that sim but it will all come in time
got some video to but cant figure out how to get it from my phone to the computer in a form that youtube will take got get some sort of converter will figure it out and post some video[img][/img][img][

Name:	Yw67043.jpg
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	1248281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14248.jpg
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	1248282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64629.jpg
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	1248283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz74224.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	1248284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mo14539.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1248285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ts62379.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1248286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ml87712.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1248287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dq76576.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1248288  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf33455.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1248289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny96956.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1248290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67915.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1248291  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.