Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:58 AM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

That's so awesome Jeremy ! [8D] I saw your pics, and thought oooooh pictures ! I gotta check them out, like a little kid wanting candy. (LMAO). You have a beautiful flying area, and I love your CPP2 ! I would like one since it would be a big improvement over my stock CPP, but you know how the money thing goes... In time maybe...

The planes are fun. My first flight was 1 year ago with one of those cheap $100.00 Aerobird Challenger3's. Easy to fly, and tough. I still have it, and also another one. I should go fly it to warm up ! I've only flown a plane twice in the last 9 months so I'am sure I rusted up pretty good. For my next plane I got a Typhoon 2 3-D foamy plane, and its a lot of fun to, and has taken a lot of abuse with lots of repairs and still flies. I just need to get a new prop and shaft. Only like $10.00 for both... Reasonably priced to have lots of fun.

This one will be interesting... Hopefully next weekend I can try it we'll see... I'am kinda starting to chicken out on flying it until I get back into the groove with these things. I'am only a beginner with them. I think I should take the Typhoon up first for a few flights if I was smart, but sometimes I'am not always smart about things... Lol...!

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 08-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Dankhead25

jeff \
would you say planes are as hard to fly as heli or easier or do they have their own learning curve
thanks on the pic it felt good to get the training gear off the heli finialy

jeremy
Old 08-02-2009, 01:08 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I got all the servos hooked up, and going the right direction...now I need to do all the fine tuning and so forth...I think I'm gonna mount it right up on top of the RX pack, it should be fine there, I'll keep an eye on it for oil build up...if it is an issue, I'll look into boxes/ballons, etc....

I am so pissed at these AR6200's....this one is doing the same stupid stuff that my last one was...the satellite RX blinks all the time after it's armed...argh.... I'm just going to live with it for now, it does not seem to cause any issues...and I'm not going way up with this thing any time soon!!

I think the RX's will be fine up there...now I need to search for an air filter, get a glow ignitor, some fuel line, and sit down and do some reading on throttle and pitch curves, since they are a bit different for nitro helis...and maybe I can fire it up and spool it a bit...

The guy kept saying that it "shakes" alot, so I'm going to investigate that carefully as well...maybe just blade tracking...or balance. He gave me woodies with it (I know, I know, you HATE them....lol) so I may put them on at first, and save the carbons for when I know it's setup correctly...

The plane looks awesome!! Hope you can get a maiden in on it next weekend! I'll proabably be about ready for a maiden on this puppy by then...we'll see...going to go slow...I want to be 100% sure that the radio system is correct first...scary thought of a runaway nitro heli!!!

Jeremy,

Yeah, Phoenix has the Raptors, so that will come in very handy...

It idles like a kitten, but I imagine when those 600mm blades start winding up, I'll take a few steps back...LOL

Yeah, the clutch is just like an RC car, centrufugal, with a shoe and liner/clutch bell setup...very similar...

That is a very cool remote glow plug adapter...since the glow plug is in the head and pointed forwards, I am thinking/hoping that I can start this thing up with the canopy installed, since I can get to the on/off switch, the glow plug, and the starter shaft all from outside the canopy...

It's different, dunno about any more or less complicated, the nitro engines can be tempremental at times...but nice when they run right...just different, mainly...

I am going to be able to use my DX6i, since I am not going to use a governor on the engine...if I was, I would need a 7th channel, and a DX7 or better radio...

Glenn

Old 08-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Dankhead25

glen

sounds cool man cant wait to see a video of it in a hover and be able to hear it sounds like fun something new to get to learn all the ins and outs of i like learning new stuff
600mm blades wow!!!! thats almost three times the size of my cpp2 blades plus the head block is probaly tripple that to so in inches how long is it blade tip to blade tip?
Old 08-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Dankhead25

glen
is a govener a must on those i hear people say they arent going to use one and some that do what is the advantage of the goveners
do you know does the dx7 have any built in telemetry so u could use a tach on it? would be cool if it did i know they are putting it in the dx3 for surface use with cars and shuch pretty neat
Old 08-02-2009, 01:19 AM
J-MICHAEL

Jeremy ~

Crap, I just remembered that Jim (WNUK) over on the Wheeee CP thread here on the forum was just saying he was selling his B-400 since he got a Flasher 450. I forgot the price, but he said what he was going to sell it for, I just forgot. He offered, because then he was throwing it up on E-Bay...

I've known him for almost 2 years on that thread now. A very, very, nice guy. If you browse back a page or so there, you'll see what would come with it if he didn't already sell it. Or just ask him there... Tell him I sent ya !

~ Jeff
Old 08-02-2009, 01:23 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I bet the RX will be fine there also.... Just think, also with the added push off MASSIVE airflow going downwards from the rotor wash, that right there should help blow things away like any messy stuff. Lol... But hek I don't know squat about these Nitro's... As I said, I'll be learning stuff from YOU....
Old 08-02-2009, 01:28 AM
J-MICHAEL

Jeremy ~

On page 469 on the Wheee thread here is what Jim said :

BOB's- I'm going to be putting my B400 up on ebay unless one of you may be interested. It will go out as a complete stock heli minus TX and RX but with the Futaba 3154 on the tail. Oh... the elevator servo horn was cracked in a crash and never replaced. It has the flame canopy on it right now too. Anyone interested drop me a PM or I'll just pit it up on ebay.

Jim

BOB's is "Band Of Brothers" in case you wondered. Anyhow, a page after that he said he was going to see if he can get $100.00 and go from there. Not sure if you need the TX however, and so that might make you not want this particular deal, but had to throw it out there for ya anyhow...
Old 08-02-2009, 01:41 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Just got done with some more fine tuning....and making SURE that the throttle servo is going the right direction!!!

I set the gyro, (GY401 ), and it kept blinking...until I remembered you have to rebind after every change to the gyro!! Now I have a steady light on the 6200 sat receiver, I unplugged and replugged the connectors, seemed to help...

So, now I got everything basically working correctly, got to do some linkage or travel adjustments on the throttle servo...it's a bit out of whack...but that should be easy...

It's good to be able to WATCH the fail safe work on the Spektrum systems...was just checking it...had everything powered up, and turned the TX off....and the throttle servo went to fail safe, completely closed...can't see that with an ESC!!

So, I'm almost there with the basics...got all my lights, and all the basic stuff working...which was all I wanted to accomplish tonight...

Tomorrow, it's off to the LHS for a glow ignitor, and some fuel line, he gave me a wind up type mechanical fuel pump with it, which is fine...they work well...and then I could fire it up, play with the engine settings some, maybe take the main blades off and spin it up, see if anything obvious might be causing the "shake" that he describes...

I LOVE the smoke, and the smell of nitro in the air!!!! And the SOUND!!

Glenn

Old 08-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Dankhead25

jeff

thanks for the info i sent him a pm i have a tx and 2 spare rx so that was what i was looking for and in the right price range thank you
Old 08-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Dankhead25

glen

you will be hovering it at least once be for sunday night i bet
Old 08-02-2009, 02:20 AM
rotarydoc

Jeremy,

We'll see, I like what I see so far...just going nice and easy...the air filter thing really bugs me...so I'm not going to run it for long...esp over any dirty ground...

I am anxious to see it hover, but being cautious as well...no rush, really....going to put the wooden blades on it for sure...just in case!

Take care,

Glenn
Old 08-02-2009, 02:22 AM
J-MICHAEL

Jeremy ~

That's great then.... ! Jim is a very trustworthy and honest gent, so he'll treat ya good I'am sure of it.

Glenn ~

So looks like ya may have to do a little aerial photography later in time with that badboy ! Oh... And BTW, remember I'am still using the 500mm woodies with the Logo, and there not all that bad really as the smaller woody blades are. Hek, mine are only rated for 1700 RPM's and I've exceeded that by far trying out my Outrage 6-cells from the T-500 in it instead of the 5-cell TP batts I normally use. I'd just fly with those for awhile really... SO much cheaper to replace also. Mine track perfect... Not that bad.... I think a set of 500mm blades was something like $25.00 bucks ! CF blades a TAD more...Lol...

Old 08-02-2009, 02:53 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, I'm deff going to start out with the woodies...I saw some on Helidirect I think it was, 600mm woodies for like $20..and had a good rating! This heli was setup and intended to be a trainer, and that's what it's gonna be for me...the guy was only using 15% nitro fuel, and a rich mixture, both of which reduce engine power (and increase longevity)....so that sounds like a good starting point for me!

It's also a mild engine, a .46, so it should be tame, yet not real underpowered either....these are strange helis in a way....the basic heli is the same for the .30 and the .50 ....the main differences (besides the engine size) is the main blade lenght, and the tail boom...but the rest of the heli is more or less interchangable....and I think it needs a larger engine mount...

I posted on HF about the air filter....I looked online, and had a really hard time finding any listed!! I found a couple of universal ones on Heliproz...but that was about it...I wonder why they are so unpopular? I'll see what the response on HF is...

Anyways, time to call it a night...got alot to do tomorrow, see if I can get this thing hover ready, or close at least....

Have fun with the plane when you get around to it!

Glenn
Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

damm glenn I knew a gasser was coming from you soon lol it was only a matter of time

I am not on the forums much anymore, so congrads on the new helicopter

I got my t-rex 250 in the other day, amazing mmmmm I luv it lol Ill get some pictures posted in the next few days, I am just waiting for acouple of things to come in that I ordered to start buliding it.

Well guys, I have been looking into another new heli very very soon, looking at a 500 might be in my future very soon
Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I was wondering the same thing about the RX like the AR6100's AR6200's in these planes. I wonder if I'll lose some reception if my AR6100 is installed inside my plane all enclosed ? I see Nick has his inside, but I think he's also running a 6200 and gets those extra antenna's from the secondary unit.

Yeah balloons are favored for keeping the RX or other stuff safe in our cars. I just didn't like suffocating it as heat may get trapped inside. For my cars, I made waterproof cases, but yet they can still breathe for the ESC.

You may also browse the RC boat supply stuff as I've seen some cool cases and covers that they HAVE to use to keep some of there components dry and free from any messy oil residue. You would think for a Nitro heli they should have something out there, and if not well then there behind.....

That heli because of the size should make the Trex 500 feel unstable ! Lol...! I know my Logo is a night and day diff from the T-500 stability wise. Your gonna love it ! And I'am going to learn from you ! Someday that Trex 700 Nitro will be in my hands.... Hopefully in a few years !

The only thing left to do for this plane is punch in some more TX settings, and she's done ! Hopefully next weekend I can maiden it....

JEFF,

I run a AR6100e on my plane a T-28 foamy. Let me give you some of my information. My hull is large and enclosed like yours meaning the 28 is not a flat foam plane like some. I have flown my plane up into the clouds and so far off I thought I lost her and had never had a problem. Now I have done the same with the 500 which has the 6200 and then 600 with the 7000. Friends will ask; what are doing? your so far off you can't see it. I guess its the thrill of "can I get it back" I dont know. Why do people climb mountains....because they are there........same for me..........just godda push the limits from time to time.

And lastly because I know less than others lol, I never could see the need for a 6100, 6200, 7000 except the 7000s for gasers that need the extra channel. But all fliers come and go about the same distance. again I dont understand for the Satellite receiver on the bigger rx's???

JPEE
Old 08-02-2009, 10:16 AM
J-MICHAEL

jeff \
would you say planes are as hard to fly as heli or easier or do they have their own learning curve
thanks on the pic it felt good to get the training gear off the heli finialy

jeremy

Sorry I missed this Jeremy.... I do that from time to time, unintentionally.... Just thump me on the head next time ! From my own experience, the planes are MUCH easier to fly. Also MUCH more forgiving especially if ita a foamy like my Typhoon is. I've fixed that thing so many times, and it still has all the stock parts, although very soon like JPEE just did with his T-28 I'll need to go through and clean it up a bit with some newer fresher parts. CONGRATS on taking the training gear off the CPP2 ! Does it feel a little "naked" to ya...?! I remember taking mine off the CPP when I was learning awhile ago, and it looked funny because I was always so used to looking at the gear on there !

JPEE ~

Thanks for that... I know in my Trex 500 the AR7000 is nice because I like the extra antenna's coming from the secondary unit. I just wasn't sure if concealing the AR6100 completely inside the fuse of the plane would be ok, since I've usually flown before with the AR6100's with at least the antenna's partially exposed as I also made sure on my Typhoon plane as you can see in the pics. I think it should be fine all sealed up inside my Funtana, but wasn't sure... Yeah I remember taking my Typhoon WAY out there before also and bringing her back when I was in Cali last year with my dad. It was almost a speck ! So amazing on the range of these little things ! Something like 1.5 miles or something like that...Lol...

Heli ~

You would love a 500 class helicopter !

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66722.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1248523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42150.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1248524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71814.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	1248525  
Old 08-02-2009, 11:09 AM
evdreamer

Man I fell asleep at the computer and you guys write a novel.

Glenn,

None of the airplanes or helicopters use an air filter, except the Auducity Pantera 50. Are you using a piece of foam to hold the receiver battery and electronics? Your new heli looks great. Don't forget the windex at the field. $300 is a great price. You could easily spend more than that just for the electronics on a 50 size heli. I was having a problem arming my AR6200 yesterday on my first flight. I had to turn things off and on a couple of times before it armed. Then it armed right away the rest of my flights. Good idea sticking with the wooden blades. Carbons get real pricey with this size of heli.
these are strange helis in a way....the basic heli is the same for the .30 and the .50 ....the main differences (besides the engine size) is the main blade lenght, and the tail boom...but the rest of the heli is more or less interchangable....and I think it needs a larger engine mount...
That is why the .30 size are becoming extinct. Since the .50 is basically the same size and has more power. The same thing is happening to the .60 size.

Jeff,

I used an AR6100 in my Super Cub. It was enclosed too with pretty thick foam.

Jeremy,

Cool pics. Planes are easier to fly than helis, but they also have their learning curves. Landing is probably the hardest thing to do if you have a run way. You don't need a governor with nitro helis. Governors make it a little easier to do 3D and increase the flight time a little, but Glenn won't have to worry about his flight times. The DX7 doesn't have built in telemetry.

JPEE,

The satellite receiver is to help prevent blind spots. Sometimes the main receiver can't receive the signal from the TX, and since the satellite receiver is in a different spot it should be able to get the signal and keep the aircraft flying. On $10000+ jets there are 2-3 satellite receivers.

Nick
Old 08-02-2009, 11:30 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Lol.... I was thinking about ya last night while we were partying here, as you were drooling over you PC sleeping.... Thank-you for veryifying the 6100 will be ok concealed... I really didn't know ?

Glenn ~

That's right Nick just made a GOOD point.... Nick's funny, he always nudges little hints and tips in a very friendly way with us... [8D] Don't the Nitro guys use some special reciever foam to help reduce vibrations and to also protect the RX from debris ? I have some of that foam I got from the LHS last year, and still got a bunch... I use it for different stuff, but it goes a long way and cheap.... Just a thought... Are you out there right now hovering that noisy thing...?! [8D][8D] I really don't know ANYTHING about Nitro's for anything, so any little tidbits of info and knowledge you post here will be read carefully by me.

~ Jeff

Name:	Ca81843.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1248572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21500.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1248573  
Old 08-02-2009, 11:36 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Yeah, I'am just using an AR6100 on my Logo 10... Lol...
Old 08-02-2009, 12:05 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Good points on the air filter...I guess my old RC car days are getting the best of me here...we used to use like 4 stage air filters... for obvious reasons...

A guy at HF also had a good point...the carb takes air in from the cooling fan shroud, and most dirt will be flung to the outside by the force of the cooling fan air...so not much dirt will make it to the carb intake...

The only thing I am thinking about is that I fly at baseball fields some (but maybe not with this puppy so much..), and sometimes there is dust in the infield...

I still think that the air filter wouldn't hurt anything, so I might get one to have around for the first time the engine comes out...I think I'd feel better...lol..

Good point guys on the vibes...and mounting the RX in the nice padded box provided...I guess if the signal is good for you guys in planes, it will be good for me in the box...plus the AR6200 has the satellite, which I could mount outside the box...what do you think Nick?

Nick, I noticed with my AR6200....that if I didn't touch the satellite RX, the light would stay on...not blink...but then when I moved it, it started up....so I disconnected and reconnected it a few times, and it seemed to help...maybe a little tiny bit of corrosion on the terminals...we get that alot on airbag connectors at work...invisible corrosion, causing a bit of higher resistance than normal, turning the airbag light on (2 ohms will do it)...so something to think about...

Cool...getting there, just took off the CF blades, put them in a safe place for now...lol...the heli sure is easier to work on without the blades, that will become a normal part of the maintnance ritual, remove the blades first...lol..

Jeff,

Nah, not even close yet...gotta go get some fuel line, a Ni starter for the glow plug, and some little tidbits from the LHS next...

Then, it's balance the woodies, set the blade pitch, and read up on pitch and throttle curves in the manual...

I'll keep you guys updated...

Glenn
Old 08-02-2009, 01:02 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah you should be fine mounting the receiver in the box. Doing a range test could see if it worked or not.

Nick
Old 08-02-2009, 02:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, a good idea, there is a description of how to do that in the DX6i manual...

Just got back from the better nitro equipped LHS, and got a Ni starter, one of the oldies but goodies, the original one, bright orange rubber coated thing, hard to lose it, and it's got a built in meter to check the glow plug for open or shorts...cost a little more, but worth it in the long run...

Now I gotta figure this hand crank fuel pump out, got some lines for it, and balance the woodies...

Glenn
Old 08-02-2009, 02:42 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I think I found a pretty good way...mounted the satellite up top, barely clearing that linkage arm...but I kinda had to mount it up top, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to see the light, the one inside the case is not visible, obviously...

And, I managed to get one of the antennae to stick out of the case, so it should be fine with 3 exposed antannae...

Blades next...

Glenn

Name:	Vt56449.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1248711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38432.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1248712  
Old 08-02-2009, 03:10 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

You are getting close to finishing it up. I had to redesign some of my frame, since the angles were wrong for the parts the wing attaches too. Maybe later this week I can order the Balsa wood and get started on the real thing.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.