Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:41 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Looks like I might need some help from you on the 500. Since I rebuilt it, skids and pitch servo I have more problems. When I spool up the heli it wants to spin on the ground.
I looked at the rx and it was blinking...ah ha I thought. So I re-bound the rx to the tx. Now the light stays on. But she still spins. Now "once" I got it in the air a few feet and I moved the tail left and right and all looked good then all of a sudden the tail started go counter clockwise under the main blades. It looks good except...........its range of motion is limited. The star servo arm is at 12 o clock. when called to move it goes to either 11 or 1 o clock. If I power down the servo I have a 45 dregree throw each way so from 12 o-clock it goes to 9 or 3 o-clock but yet when hooked up and powered up is movement is limited. As I recall it has always been like that but heck I built it November last, I cant really rember back that far. I checked the tail sub trim ZERO. I checked the travel adjustments and they are at 100 L and right. I have re-bound this thing three times and the 401 gyro stays lite. The crash was pretty minor too. OBTW........I forgot to mention that I pulled the servo tail linkage rod off and that made no difference. The servo travle is still short.
But I think the problem is the gyro......your thoughts. I hate to think it is the gryo $$$ is GONE. I have crashed this thing from a lot farther up, but only once before this.

Thanks Nick

A thought just came to mind, perhaps I should plug the tail servo into another servos port on the rx and see if it moves further.

JPEE
Old 08-16-2009, 09:51 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

What type of blinking is it? Are you saying the gain is set at 45? Did you adjust the travel adjust pot. on the gyro? Is the gyro arming before the receiver?

Nick
Old 08-17-2009, 12:51 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Late checkin' in here..LOL..

Not much new here, got the Raptor a little closer, the feathering shaft made a big improvement, but the issue is not totally resolved.

Bottom line is that it hovers like a dream, and has no vibration or shaking in the air at all...got the blades traking perfect, very smooth, will hover hands off...

But it still has that bit of shake on the ground before lift off...beginning to wonder if it's throttle/pitch curves, or even engine tuning issues...not sure. The heli seems well setup now, mechanically, very smooth in flight.

I don't know, but I'm going to take a break from it...maybe pick back up next weekend....

I'd really like to get some flying in for a bit!!

JPEE,

Yeah, like Nick said, be sure to check the travel adjust pot that is located on the gyro itself, in addition to the radio settings....let us know....

Glenn
Old 08-17-2009, 01:31 AM
9sec240

Glenn, is it possible that this is just a harmonic in your combo? I have a crazy noise that comes out of my Gaui 200 SE at a specific RPM. It sounds like a train horn honking.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTAbLHJYZM[/youtube]

I also see a vibration in some of my other helis that happens during spool up and spool down.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:01 PM
rotarydoc

9sec,

LOL, sounds like a fog horn!!

That is crazy!

I am not sure exactly what's going on with the Raptor, it could be something like that on a much larger scale...difference being, the entire helicopter shakes when it happens, it's more than just noise...

But, on the same token, I get your point...and it is something of a "perfect storm" mixture of blade RPM's, engine RPM's, possibly blade pitch is involved, and ground effect as well...it won't do it at a lower head speed...

Next time I take it out, I'll get a video of it, and show you guys...

When it was first doing it, with the wood blades, my goodness...it was so bad, you'd probably run as fast as you could out of the area....basically seemed like the entire heli was going to come apart!

Now, I've gotten it to more of a shimmy than a violent shaking like it was....and the thing is, I might be just focusing on it too much...if I were to just go and spool it up, and immediately take off, probably would just go right "through" the critical "storm" so to speak, and be fine...it's absolutely fine once off the ground...but, at the same time, it bugs the hell out of me...like one of those things where the heli is saying "ha ha, I'll bet you can't find my vibration!!" kinda things...ya know?? Enough to drive ya nuts!!

Anyways, thanks for the input, greatly appreciated...have you ever tried to track down or isolate the horn noise on the 200??

Thanks!

Glenn
Old 08-17-2009, 04:34 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

What type of blinking is it? Are you saying the gain is set at 45? Did you adjust the travel adjust pot. on the gyro? Is the gyro arming before the receiver?

Nick
Nick,
The blinking was like a code a couple of blinks then a pause then back to a couple of blinks it SEEMED. After another re-bind the red light says on. Then if I move the rudder it goes off while the stick is motion but comes right back after the motion stops. As I watch it connect up to the RX the rx lights comes on first then the gyro.

In Rate mode so I can center the tail servo yes, I had it set at 45. When I switch to HH then it is 79

No, I had not touched that gyro adjustment, again for me the old timer I had forgotten about the gyro having that capability. It was at 60 so I took it up to 100. I just got back from the Park now at 2:00 and she flew prefect. I dont know what happend in the crash to change every thing but it did. Set the trackign agian at the Park ans she feels great. I just flew one pack in normal. When I got back after a 7.5 min flight the motor was 129 degree, it is very warm outside.

Thanks for your suggestion, it looks like that was the cure.............JPEE
Old 08-17-2009, 05:45 PM
9sec240

Glenn and Jeff.. My buddy bought my second CPP2 off me a while back and he has been learning to fly. He broke his tail blades and could not get a replacement for a while during that time that E-Flite did not have any available. The LHS he shops at recommended some GWS blades to replace the E-Flite ones. The only issue was the hole through the blades needs to be drilled out to fit the CPP2. I flew his heli the other day and really liked how nice and bright these thing are. I picked up four sets of these blades thinking you guys might like to give them a try too. If you want, PM me your addy and I will pop a set in the mail to you.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:47 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

9sec,

LOL, sounds like a fog horn!!

That is crazy!

have you ever tried to track down or isolate the horn noise on the 200??

Thanks!

Glenn
Glenn, when I switched blades to Align 205 Carbons, the noise went away but I can still sense a vibration in that RPM range. It just does not honk at me anymore.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:37 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is good to hear your 500 is flying good again.

I just got back from flying at my field. I was practicing my backward flipping circle and decided I need more practice with my inverted and flipping orientations to do corrections in that move. Then I also practiced the 90 degree flips that I wasn't quite comfortable with. I only got 5 flights in because a lot of plane people were there. I got tired of waiting for my last flight before the sun went down, so I went into a tall grass field to fly. The bugs were all over me there and it was hard to concentrate. Normally the bugs don't bother me when I fly on the runway, so I didn't bring any bug spray.

9sec,

Glenn, Helistyle, and I were flying with those GWS blades last year or this spring and we really liked them too.

Nick
Old 08-17-2009, 09:23 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Sounds like you had your hands full today. YEP the 500 is back. I have to play with the DX7 in the morning as I want to adjust the trims in Idle-up 1 so the 500 wont slide when I make the change. I flipped the switch today and flew a fig 8's but had to stay on the cyclic right to hold her in place. So thats my morning task........the DX7 LOL

Thanks again for your help on the gyro.................I'd be lost without you and the rest of the guys here on the Forum.

JPEE
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzgBqzYn4eU[/youtube]
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It looked like you had a good time in the vid.

Nick
Old 08-17-2009, 09:35 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys

Just poking around in the 600 until I hit idle-up about the 5 min mark.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boofMXivBXE[/youtube]

JPEE
Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Nice flyin' there on the 400 and 600...looks like you were having fun, making up for some of the frustration with the 500..

Sounds like you got the 500 issues mostly corrected now?

Nick,

How's it going over there...more hot weather? It's hot here, definitely feels like August now!

Heli,

How's the Trex 250/DXs6i project coming along?

Jeff,

I know you're lurking, and busy...hope you can fit some flying/forum time in edgewise!

Not much new here, just hot...

I traced the dead/interemittent B400 issue to something in the ESC, can't see anything as far as broken/cold solder joints, etc....but if I wiggled the wires just right, I could make it cut in and out...and sometimes it would do that without wiggling the wires. I just chalked it up to ESC failure....

I had another new one from a warranty replacement long ago, and put it in. I guess next time, I'll have to break down and replace the ESC with something decent...

No more progress on the Raptor until maybe this weekend. I'm pretty sure it would fly fine, so if I get to it (have to WORK SATURDAY...ARGGGHHH) I may take it up for a little spin, depending on field availability...

Which may get more difficult...lol...last time out, at my main baseball field, there is a little play/picnic area next to the field...when I was done setting the blade tracking and shut it down, I looked over, and the entire play area was smoked out..[X(][X(][X(]

No one said anything, but I could see where they might, and they would have a right to complain...one of the drawbacks of nitro helis I guess...

Glenn
Old 08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It hasn't been too hot here lately, mostly in the mid 80's. I probably will be too busy to fly for the rest of the week, but I might try and work on the 540 some more.

Good thing you had another ESC.

Nick
Old 08-18-2009, 07:39 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey there

the 250 bulid is going very slowly, its all done pretty much except for the head setup, which hopefully I will get done this weekend. Been to busy to even fly really, I haven't even flown on the simulator in awhile. I hope this weekend it will be the first flight with the 250

hows everyone else, and what have you been all up too?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:56 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Guys

been way to busy and been getting frustrated lately with helicopters

and I think its telling me to take a break for awhile, not sure how long or anything forsure

I guess the 250 and the dx6i is going to have to take the shelf

If you guys don't hear from me for awhile

I wish everyone the best of luck, its been fun, learned alot,

and I would like to thank all you guys for being so kind and taking the time to help one another, its been a great year and half.

I feel like I am writing a farewell, which in a way I am for now, hopefully I will be back sometime

Flying will always be a great enjoyment for me, but my wife, family, school and work must come first.

so guys sooo long, and next time you are out flying, fly your heli like you stole it for me

Take care guys
Old 08-19-2009, 08:58 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah, that's kinda sad man....sorry to hear you are leaving us for a while...and I hope just a little while...[&o]

Seemed like you were on a roll there, with the Trex, and the DX6i...

But, there is more to life than RC helis, and you sometimes have to do what you have to...as you said, work, family and school all come before the hobby...that is true for all of us here...

I hope you don't stay away too long...and you keep in touch, even during your break..we will all miss ya!!

And try not to sell your stuff in the meantime, I'm sure things will improve with time, and you'll get the urge to come back to the helis!!

Good luck with the family, job (s), and school!!

Take care!

Glenn

Old 08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah, that's kinda sad man....sorry to hear you are leaving us for a while...and I hope just a little while...[&o]

Seemed like you were on a roll there, with the Trex, and the DX6i...

But, there is more to life than RC helis, and you sometimes have to do what you have to...as you said, work, family and school all come before the hobby...that is true for all of us here...

I hope you don't stay away too long...and you keep in touch, even during your break..we will all miss ya!!

And try not to sell your stuff in the meantime, I'm sure things will improve with time, and you'll get the urge to come back to the helis!!

Good luck with the family, job (s), and school!!

Take care!

Glenn

Helistyle, DITTOS from me too. I hate to see you "take a leave" but Glenn said it all, if its time its time FAMILY first. As we say about Jeff, just drop by and lurk from time to time and say hello.

Smiles JPEE
Old 08-19-2009, 09:47 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Hopefully after you finish school you will have some more time to fly.

Guys,

I wanted to work on the 540 today, but I couldn't stop designing a regulator, since my teacher gave me the assignment. I have been working on it for 4 hours, but I finally got it to work on the sim. It is good for 15V out and 1A. I didn't show where the input and output are.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77130.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1259581  
Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Schematic looks tight man. I don't pretend to be able to read it in its entirety but what I can see it great.

Hey a quick question. You have BB at your field lately. My question is, my buddies have DX6i's. Now when I did the DX6 to DX6 all worked fine. The book said I must have the trims indentical in both txs which I did and all worked fine. Now my question, do you know if I can use the Dx7 as the salve under their Dx6i's as the master? I think YES but here is the part II question. Do I need create a Blade 400 in my tx like the Dx6i and do I have to have all of the settings again identical? On other sites some people say they just fly and everything is going through the DX6i as the master so it of no mater what the settings are in slave.

Thanks Nick as always for your support....JPEE
Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The DX7 should work just fine as the slave and the DX6 as the master. Since the DX6 doesn't have the P-link option, I think you will have to have all the same settings in both transmitters. However, no one at my field has a DX6 that I can test it out on. All the signals would be going out of the DX6, but I don't know if it is sending the settings from the DX6 or DX7. A ground test should reveal what the DX7 is sending and not sending to the DX6.

Nick
Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool diagram...

What are those "U" transistors...I have seen the "Q" ones before, was just curious...

Glad you got it completed...nice work!

Glenn
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Thanks for the input.
I would know a lot just by plugging in the heli and letting it mate to its Dx6i. Then lift the trainer switch on the Dx6 and see if the trims change on the heli when the Dx7 takes over.

JPEE
Old 08-19-2009, 10:58 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The transistors with the U are NPN transistors.

Nick
Old 08-19-2009, 11:18 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Ahh...cool...I guess most of my projects used PNP's then...interesting...

They just added a very cool new heli on Phoenix...an Avant Aurora Ultimate .90 ....

Very cool heli! Rob would love it! It is awesome, seems to have very good collective and cyclic response, even for a .90 size heli...

Phoenix is really doing well lately, they have been working hard to improve the sim...it's getting better all the time!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.