Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:12 PM
choppersrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Jeff-Michael,

Congratulations on the back flip, Mister. Ya, make me proud.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif] Although, I may not be able to stay up real late tonight, so, can you Hurry Up! J/k

Dave
================================================== =================================
ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

I just did my first backflip with the Trex 450 ! I'll download a video later tonight... I almost crapped myself ! I was even missing 2 teeth on the belt, but didn't want to put my new one on, as I thought I was going to crash but didn't ! LMAO.... Whew... What a rush... Its a short video, as I didn't want to take the chance over the terrain with a injured belt... Now I'll put the new one on and tone down my set-up a tad... The headspeed was zipping with that 15t I run and a 100% flat curve across in idle up...LOL...

~ Jeff
Old 12-03-2008, 07:16 PM
choppersrule

JPEE,

I already have it covered, I'm gonna get one of these for Jeff.

Dave
Old 12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
theradioflyer

Congrats Jeff!

Now that you have the first under your belt it gets easier every time from here on out.

Awesome[8D]

God Bless Ya Jeff!

Jay
Old 12-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

WHAT's A BACK-FLIP ?????

[]
Old 12-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Wnuk

Picture a very tight loop about the axis of the helicopter, Rick. Some do it from slow FF and others do it from a hover.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:45 AM
J-MICHAEL

Here's the video... The lighting was bad during the attempt, but you can see the end result a little... I even took up a plastic bag up to the top of the property thinking it was going to end in a crash... But I came down with the bag empty... I'am thinking I may have done some improper stick movements also... It seemed like it didn't completely flip inside its own axis like I had thought it would... More practice....

Watch in high quality or ya won't see nothing but bluriness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3W9q2ErzJc

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Updated Fleet Pics :

Old 12-04-2008, 06:24 AM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

Jeff~nice video i wish i was at that point with my flying, the noise those blade made were sweet,you have a nice fleet too mikey
Old 12-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Barrrick

[]

i didn't see ANYTHING ! .... I am SO CURIOUS to know EXACTLY WHERE you are, in those films......please send a COUPLE of towns, villages, road # or something ELSE to pinpoint your location on a ROAD ATLAS.
The closest I remember being in, with hills and Mountains like that was in Croatia and Montenegro (Yugoslavia) close to the Adriatic sea.
can we have a pic. of just HOW YOU RECORD THE FLIGHTS ? .... CAM attached to yourself, somehow ?

you are a TRUE MYSTERY kind of person ( at least to me) ......RICK ( Swamp dweller)
Old 12-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Wnuk

Great video Jeff! now that you got the first one under your belt you will become more adventureous. Looking forward to more videos of your exploits!. Just keep doing them with the 450 and baby that 500!

Jim
Old 12-04-2008, 06:42 PM
choppersrule

Jeff-Michael,

I watched your video of the flip... Excellent job there. You're doing fantastic. Like JPEE said in one of his post, is to set yourself goals and where you would like to be, say, in six months. And practice till ya get there. Gotta run, and do stuff!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:58 PM
theradioflyer

Great stuff Jeff[8D] I love the music editing. Great job on the flip and nice fleet as well.

Blessing,

Jay
Old 12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Nice Vid Jeff.

Rick, I think Jeff has a hat cam, similar to mine.

Tim
Old 12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Wnuk

Rick: Here is a picture of what I use. It took some experimenting to get the angle & zoom right. It's simple yet effective. I used a bolt from a tripod mount to secure the camera to the helmet.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53328.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1083932  
Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

Rick ~

Those mountains you see where I fly are in California where I'am at working currently. Its there on the Central Coast of California. Right in the middle just about... 200 miles North of L.A. and about 200 miles South of San-Fransisco... There's a few pics below, but nothing much as there old ones I did awhile back... The mountains here are nothing and lame actually compared to what Washington State has... Also here in California where I'am at there's pretty much no trees as there was a big fire back in 1989 that wiped out everything as far as you can see in the video along with my dads house and many others in the area...

I use a helmet cam also for over a year now, and it works great for filming. Its a harness that fits over my head, and holds the camera right about at my forehead level. So everything my eyes sees, the camera sees and at the same angle then in relation... It looks identical to a coalminers light helmet thing, but no helmet...

Sorry I'am short here, but I'am very busy getting ready to go back home to Washington State and am getting things ready which is including having to disassemble a lot of the RC crafts... 7 heli's, 4 planes, and a bunch of the toy stuff.... Hopefully I can be on my way by this weekend... We'll see... Its going to take me 1200 miles, or 18 hours to make the drive, and I plan on doing it all in one shot... My endurance is high, so we'll see... Last time I drove I made it 12 hours with only 3 hours of sleep the night before I left... This time I'll try to rest up before the drive back home...

My time on RCU will slowly come to a piddle, and when I get back home I'll be benching all my crafts, and taking a break from RCU as other things will be preceding. Maybe only a few months, or maybe not at all... Hard to say... Last time I took 5 months off from the hobby and RCU, so I never know until things just happen...LOL...

Anyway, I better go.... Take care Mr. Rick....

~ Jeff

Name:	Us52843.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1083994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30357.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1083995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51439.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1083996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66332.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1083997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30010.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1083998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80699.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1083999  
Old 12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hey guys I have a question for you. With the one turn down to give me better forward flight in low rates I have developed a creep factor in hover. The heli wants to sort of slowly go into a gyration. Can I kill that by matching the adjustment? Before I made the djutment I had a crash induced constant reverse motion. My other option would be to back the adjustment off 1/2 turn. I wish there was a cf swashplate for this guy.

Rick here's my hat cam.

Good night/evening so far. 2 packs through my wing out front, thre packs through the mcx, and more work on the Cox micro-zero commencing.

Tim

Name:	Ge96700.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1084000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80876.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1084001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51291.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1084002  
Old 12-04-2008, 10:23 PM
theradioflyer

Jeff, I pray you have a safe trip back to the north! Please PM me with your email address again, I lost it. Stay in touch my friend

God Bless Ya,

Jay
Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

As long as we are doing Hat Cams, heres mine. I took a 4" tripod that came with my camera and took the legs off so I could keep the head with swivel. This made and makes adjustments easy. The thing I really really like is, I can playback my flight back and review ith without taking the camera off its mount, thenI am ready for my next flight.

JPee

Name:	Ec88008.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1084039  
Old 12-04-2008, 10:32 PM
JPEE

Hi Jeff,

I too like Jay would like your email in a PM so we don't loose track of each other. I can see why you need to take some time off, getting back home and all, the kids and such your time will be full. But perhaps on occassion we can still stay in touch if you like. Besides at my age you going off line for a few months I could be in Heli Heaven by the time got back RCU.. LMAO!

JPee
Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Barrick, just for a sense of proportion, I'm in "far" northern CA. 200+ miles north of San Francisco. SF calls itself Northern CA, that would be similar to Austin saying it's in north TX.

Jeff, please drive safely. I hope to see you again on the threads. Honk as you go through Redding, and I'll think of you. Good Luck in all your future endeavors.

Tim
Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Barrrick

[sm=confused_smile.gif]

GORSCH YOUSE GUYS ! I've just spent about half an hour going over y'alls entries, seeing the cameras on the hats, figuring out how the "property" works out to be as seen in aerial pictures.
GREAT FANTASTIC JOB. J.M. and Jim and FERN and the Radio. THANKS SO MUCH !
Now I feel as if I had sat down for the THANKSGIVING FEAST, and the TURKEY gets up and LEAVES !!!!!
I mean that YOU [turkey] have been the CENTERPIECE of this thread for the last couple of months. TRULY you have been so INTERESTING, and capable in demo-ing your progress, as well as "extreme bravery" in flying over such terrain..... I remember two DEER looking from the edge... SO : TURKEY CENTERPIECE, please confirm to us that you will come back to fly and share. We ALL OF US, have truly enjoyed your presence in this thread. I may be the first to say this; I am SURE that the BOB's will agree. Do I remember correctly that you said you had JUST met your DAD, or had gone down to California to meet him for the first time ? or am I hallucinating ?
More and more I feel that I don't progress as fast as all of you. I guess there MUST be reasons. ( Mostly because my life-style "precludes" taking time to practice.
I am not happy tonight. Tomorrow at 8am I get a wisdom tooth pulled out of my skull. I "fess" that I am scared stiff. half of the darn tooth has broken off already and I worry how is he going to grab it to pull it out ?
I am ALSO packing most of my HELI fleet for a Doctor's visit up North, like in Michigan, for example.
OH heck, I better sign off and face tomorrow, maybe sleep won't come (?) ok call me CHICKEN . I guess I am [:'(]
Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 PM
crashcrash

Jeff....from the heart, you are one of US..."band of brothers". I know you got a lot going on, you'll get through it...I just did. This is also one heck of a support group, I can tell you that FIRST HAND. The dark horse rode in on me, I met the challenge and fought bravely. No fight goes without having injuries...I have mine, but I DID WIN, so to speak. It will take about two months to heal financially 100%, but I'll heal. Some of the other scars will NEVER heal, but that's part of WAR, you never forget what you went through, I sure won't. YOU HAVE MY E-MAIL addy....use it if you need to.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
mikey1964

Jeff~be safe driving back home, hey guys got my new toy a walkera 5g6 it was listed on xheli as a 5g6-1 but they sent me a 5g6 just a different canopy,haven't flown it yet but looks pretty cool for the price, i'll give some updates when i test fly it. mikey

Name:	Us54263.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1084295   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23710.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1084296  
Old 12-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hi Jeff,

I too like Jay would like your email in a PM so we don't loose track of each other. I can see why you need to take some time off, getting back home and all, the kids and such your time will be full. But perhaps on occassion we can still stay in touch if you like. Besides at my age you going off line for a few months I could be in Heli Heaven by the time got back RCU.. LMAO!

JPee
Jeff

Send me your email too buddy and have a safe drive home
Old 12-05-2008, 06:35 PM
mikey1964

Guys update on my walkera 5g6 nice and stable once i got it trimmed, had to reinforce the landing gear a little weak and i broke it , but it flies very good for 66 bucks, jeff it is setup like the mcx but has servos instead of the board and the battery is a 400 mha i think it weighs 56g with battery and i'm getting about 6 min a flight,i got another battery and having alot of fun ,just hovering right now but getting ready for ff and it acts like it will really go without any mods,anybody looking for something fun for the house but can't afford a mcx this is the bird mikey
Old 12-05-2008, 06:48 PM
choppersrule

Jeff-Michael,

Tale care in your travels and Godspeed to you. We will miss you, but, Family comes first. We all understand and best wishes to you and Kelly in the upcoming holidays.

Take care of yourself and God Bless,

Dave / (Chief)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.