Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Jeff,

I may put the Gaui into the "hospital" tonight, if I can sneak out of here (work) in the next half hour. I don't know if I'll fly it, it seems to be very easily persuaded by the wind. I believe that was most of the issue when it drifted away last time. I usually do OK with it, as long as I keep it relatively close. It just gets awfully small when it gets about 100 feet or so away..LOL

Hope the wind dies down some for you out there, so you can get some flying in...

Glenn
Old 09-03-2008, 03:31 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thank-you.....

Glenn ~

Ouch...! That hurts for your buddy at the field with his Trex 600 batts...[X(] I definately couldn't afford losses like that ! The other heli's are expensive among that. I bet your Gaui gets small flying it about sometimes....My Trex gets small for me, and I fly it in pretty close range.... I just have orientation issues...

~ Jeff
Old 09-03-2008, 03:34 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I had a hard time making it clear, but it is very easy to tell in person. The top part of the battery is rounded instead of being flat. I haven't used the battery in 3-4 days and I leave it fully charged. I don't know if that caused it or what. I only use 80% of the capacity and charge at 1.3A or 1.9A. I usually use that battery more than the other one that I leave sitting for 4-7 days and that one hasn't puffed yet.

I really like the sound of these fans when I plug the battery in. Right now I am only using double sided tape to hold them and they seem very secure.

Nick
Old 09-03-2008, 03:38 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Your welcome about the link. I see you have a Logo 10 listed in your signature, are you flying it or still building it?

Nick
Old 09-03-2008, 03:41 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I doubt that leaving the battery fully charged for a while did anything. I have my CX2 packs that sit for weeks if not months at a time fully charged, and they don't seem any worse for the wear. Also the same with a couple of my B400 packs, they have been weeks since I have used them, and no issues.

That sounds cool on the fans, sounds like they are working out well, I guess the real test will be when it is hot out again.

I'm gonna sneak out of here, and see what I can do with the Gaui, should be an easy fix.

Glenn
Old 09-03-2008, 03:49 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I would make a video of it if anyone wanted me too, but I haven't had the time to make any more videos recently. I will try and get some data when the temps go up.

It sounds like it wouldn't take very long before the Gaui is flyable again. Hope everyone has a good day.

Nick

Old 09-03-2008, 04:00 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah the Logo will be under-construction for a winter project. I got a good deal on it from a friend here on RCU...I have a Hacker motor for it, servos, Gy401, 9254 tail servo, & receiver...I still have to acquire a esc, and a battery and she's then complete. It's more on the back-burner right now. I still have a lot of research to do on it still, and the 4' main rotor span is very intimidating for this boy scout also....

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73223.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1025558  
Old 09-03-2008, 05:21 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Nah, no need on the video, you have too much to do lately for all that, but it would be cool to know the temp specs when you get done testing.

The Gaui is done. I lucked out and was able to straighten the one bent see saw mixer arm, and I just replaced the very soft (which is a good thing) blade grip screws on, and set the tracking.

If the wind is very calm, I may test fly it tonight.

Good luck on the fan project.

Glenn
Old 09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

any of you guys been flying the cp pro, I still haven't gotten around to really testing the gws tail motor outside for more then 1 battery pack, its kinda making me depressed
Old 09-03-2008, 07:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

any of you guys been flying the cp pro, I still haven't gotten around to really testing the gws tail motor outside for more then 1 battery pack, its kinda making me depressed

Heli ~

I haven't....In fact, I need to piddle with mine some more. It's been since last year since I poked around with mine. I get to many glitches with the stock TX...I need to bind them both to my DX-7 if money would fall from the sky, for two more Ar6100 receivers...Lol.. But I'am very interested in what you think of the difference. I've heard Glenn's and Nick's feedback, and it sounds promising. Now I await for your review on the matter. Hopefully you'll get some flight time in soon.......

~ Jeff
Old 09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

I haven't flown my CPP since the weekend, I am having a hard time keeping the tail strut glued onto the tailbox.

I spent some time with the Gaui tonight, to get a feel for it after the minor crash and rebuild. I may fly the CPP later on this week.

How come you haven't been able to fly the CPP, is it the weather still? Did you get the tail rotor to stay on...I think you tested it in the kitchen?

I hope you can get out and fly it, hate to hear that you are depressed over it...did you get the parts for the Walkera?

Let us know how you are doing with the CPP when you do get a chance to fly it.

Glenn
Old 09-03-2008, 08:31 PM
HeliStyle

I haven't really flown the cp pro, because I really haven't had the time out to make it to the field. As far as the prop staying on the shaft, I tried it out in the kitchen for like 1 battery pack and it seemed to be fine, I just wish I really had time to fly more lately. I haven't gotten the parts for my walkera yet, Im about to put another order in tommorrw night for parts, just because I want 1 of every part just incase something goes on it. I fly the new heli often and I like it because I can come home from work and just sit in the kitchen and try to do circuits with it.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That's cool, I guess you will have more time to fly it once you are in the new house with lots of land so you can just walk outside and fly?

Did you find a US supplier for the Walkera parts, so you don't have to wait on shipping from half way around the world?

Yeah, and the days are getting shorter too...won't be too long when I won't really be able to fly after work outside...I'll have to go back to flying in the shop at work. I'll still be able to fly on weekends, and maybe even a quick flight at lunchtime at work...

Hope you can get a little free time to fly soon. Hurry though, it looks like the next hurricane will be up our way (the east coast) by the weekend. Supposed to be windy and rainy here unless Hanna takes a turn to the east and misses us.

Glenn
Old 09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I was quite bored last night, so I looked at that GMP site again, and looked at a PDF of the Cobra manual. I can't believe I built that thing! It looks like it was a total hassle!

I was pretty shocked when I came to the section on the main rotor blades, which I don't remember. Apparently, they come at a standard, longer length than is necessary for the Cobra...so you have to CUT them to length, exactly the same length on each blade of course. THEN, you have to reinforce them on the root end with some kind of fiberglass cloth and CA or resin, and then, you have to COVER them, manually, with some sort of stuff like Monokote...then balance them!!! MAN !!!

Then you have to make the tail boom vertical support, by epoxying it to some piece of wood, and then use RTV silicone to reinforce that assembly...and then you have to custom make the tail control rod from the rudder (they call it the YAW) servo, to the tailbox. They give you a straight piece of metal rod, with two metal ends...but they don't THREAD on....you have to SILVER SOLDER the ends onto the metal rod...this I DO remember doing, and having great difficulty soldering something that big and thick...you need alot of heat to get silver solder to flow onto metal rod and ends like that...

Now that's a helicopter KIT !! LOL

Just figured I'd pass that on...as I am bored again...LOL

Glenn
Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

That's crazy ! It's amazing you didn't get frustrated and pack it up....I would have to say that's the craziest build I've heard of yet to date....Good job on putting it together.

~ Jeff
Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Jeff,

Yeah, I must have had alot of patience, or wanted it to fly very badly (probably the biggest motivator!). Now, some 20 years later, I don't know if I would have the patience!

Of course, I knew nothing of the idea of "ready to fly"...I don't think there was such a thing back then? And small electric helicopters were just a dream...

I'm still amazed the thing ever flew at all, without the resources available to us nowadays. Heck, I didn't even belong to a club, or even knew anyone with an RC helicopter!

I also remember having to assemble the canopy...glueing both halves together with CA, and then trimming and painting the whole thing...I MUST have had alot of time on my hands...and money too, that thing wasn't cheap at $350 in 1989, just for the bare kit, no engine, radio, etc.

I wonder where I would be today had I stuck with it, and had 20 years of flying experience?? LOL!!

Nice memories, but I like the hobby alot better now, with cool things like these forums!

Glenn
Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Hek, in 89' I was just graduating, and off to boot camp for the Navy...Lol.. To bad ya still didn't have it. It would be great to still have it in your collection, whether ya flew it or not... I would love to collect the old RC models if I was a rich guy ! I would have the toughest time, if it wasn't for these forums...I agree...Thank goodness for them....Here's a pic from a few years back of me and my other half... Helps place a face with a name.

Hope those storms pass for you and Heli....I've been watching the news and see them coming...YIKES...!

Take care,

~ Jeff

Name:	Tr51894.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1025806  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah the Logo will be under-construction for a winter project. I got a good deal on it from a friend here on RCU...I have a Hacker motor for it, servos, Gy401, 9254 tail servo, & receiver...I still have to acquire a esc, and a battery and she's then complete. It's more on the back-burner right now. I still have a lot of research to do on it still, and the 4' main rotor span is very intimidating for this boy scout also....

~ Jeff
Nice helicopter and it looks like a lot of fun. Doesn't Choppersrule have a Logo? I wonder if the president of my local flying club would let me fly his Rapter 30 inverted? LOL

Nick
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It sounded like your Gaui was fixed pretty fast. Hope you had fun flying the Gaui today.

That sounds like quite an experience building the GMP Cobra. Kits today are so much easier to build.

Hope the hurricane doesn't mess up your flying time.

Nick
Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

I haven't flown the CPP in a week. I have been more interested in projects for my T-Rex.

Nick
Old 09-03-2008, 11:40 PM
J-MICHAEL

Doesn't Choppersrule have a Logo?
Dave was the good friend I got it from..... I'am still not certain however if I will get it all running this winter however.... I still would love A Trex 600 someday like my dad's.... Just a little spendy though, we'll see... I may sell the Logo with the motor and go from there......

Name:	Sq46181.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1025821  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:54 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I am saving up for a T-Rex 600 right now. I can get one flight ready for $660. I plan on using the same electronics that someone used on an E-Sky E-Smart and it worked pretty good for them. Then I can upgrade the parts slowly when the cash comes in. I would like to see how much better a torque tube works than a belt.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 12:14 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah that's awesome....[8D] They sure are nice. I've heard of those torque-tubes but know nothing about them. I'll have to do some research sometime on them. Its amazing how much in price they've come down on. With your flying experience, you would have a blast with one..... You definately deserve it.

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-04-2008, 10:57 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

A torque tube is a shaft with gears that drives the tail. I really want to try an auto and people with big helicopters make it look so easy. I have done a few autos really close to the ground on the T-Rex 450, but I don't have the guts to do one up high.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 01:57 PM
HeliStyle

Glenn

I will beable to fly when we move into our house, there is about 3 acres of cleared landed which leads into a huge field, so I can just walk out my back door and fly, no more traveling to go to the field. I found two us suppliers for the walkera parts which only takes 3 days to come in, but alot of the parts they carry are out of stock right now, I put in a 40 dollar order last week and I will be putting another 40 dollar order this week, which will also be coming from japan. I think the key is for me to just be patient lol.

Nick, have you seen the t-rex 700 in the last heli mag, that thing is huge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.