Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:17 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

Nick, your drawings/CAD look great, better all the time!

Your fun/night fly is tomorrow night, right?? That should be alot of fun for you, hope you have a great time...

JPEE,

Looks like a military grade servo installation there with those heavy duty lookin' locknuts on there...you won't have to worry about them backing off!! Nice job!

Next best thing to safety wiring the entire aircraft...lol...

Good luck on your projects guys!

I am really happy with the outcome of the CNC stuff, it was just a PITA there for a bit...but I think it will be a good thing in the long run...

Glenn

Old 09-03-2009, 11:32 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I finally figured out the formulas to finish the last of the shell. I got four more of those to finish up.

Do you have enough clearance with those servos.

Glenn,

Yeah the night fly is tomorrow. I charged my battery up and did a pre-flight check, so I will be all ready to go tomorrow.

Nick
Old 09-04-2009, 09:49 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just got a stupid time out on RCU.[:@] Anyways the night fly wasn't as good as I expected. Only one guy flew and it didn't have lights on it. A guy with a powerful light just aimed at it. Earlier in the day I buddy boxed with a guy and his Raptor 50. He said it was his first time doing forward flight, so that was cool. He said that there was a Raptor 90 there on Sunday. It also had a gas engine. I might go and buddy box with that guy some more tomorrow.

Nick
Old 09-04-2009, 11:02 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Why did you of all people get a time out? I dont understand?

Good to hear youv'e got the last formula needed to complete that part of the project.

Sounds like you had fun BB with the guys. I have found a few things in my experience of BB. Taking information out of DX6i and placing it in the DX7, YOU CAN'T! This is to say that swash mixs and other things are not a direct changeover. When I BB I have set up my DX7 like their DX6i. I find the heli is dang near un-flyable! As I went through it I found the biggest thing was the swashs needed to be different from one box to the other. We just use the cord from the DX6i to the DX7 and HE HOLDS his Dx6i and flys until he can't handle the Blade 400. Then he lets go and I take over. Yes this is backwards I know. But HE feels more comfortable holding HIS DX6i than my DX7, I can understand that.

Yes there is about a 1/8" at best between them. They DO NOT touch nor will they even when they are pushed during flight. A guy on HF has the same set up and has taken me through the set up. Not only did I need the shims to shim out the pitch and aile but I had to shim the elevator too in order to get the servo linkage arm directly under the sawshplate link.

I am not flying tomorrow as I have a big day set for Sunday so I hope to finish the 500 instead.

I joined the AMA this morning OUCH! $58.00 for the rest of the year..... December 31. Then I went to the Hobby Shop and paid another $100.00 to join their Club. Their Club has NO meetings, No Officers, no nad-dah. So I got my key to the field today and I am in! I will go out there next Tuesday as thats when a lot of heli guys meet there. I can just imagine trying to break into an established click. That's what is nice about being OLD Nick, you don't care about crap like that anymore, taters on them if their not friendly LOL.

Glenn, Glad the 400 worked out after you got her tuned up in the head. Like Cool Hand Luke said........I got me head right Boss, I got my head right LMAO.

Happy three day weekend to all..............JPEE
Old 09-04-2009, 11:36 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I didn't think I waited that long to send my last post, but I guess it was long enough.

I found another way to make those panels that didn't involve a lot of math after I finished it. I maxed out on the number of parts for the free version of CAD, so I will have to make the other ones not with the fuselage I showed. I found out today with two DX7's the slave transmitter can't be a model and needs to be a blank profile. I guess it was mixing both transmitter signals.

I was being a little sarcastic about the spacing of the servos.

There are clicks at my club too. I am slowly starting to be in some.

I forgot to say I also got to fly a profile (an engine with wings) that belonged to the guy I buddy boxed with. That airplane was fun. It had a huge engine on it and had plenty of power. I was cruising around at 1/8 of the throttle. He also let me do some aerobatics with it.

I get a four day weekend.

Nick
Old 09-05-2009, 12:40 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick, sorry you got timed out....I virtually never have that problem anymore, because I used to get so pissed, that I make it a habit EVERY TIME to select all, then copy, then send...you know the drill...I have lost a couple of messages lately, but was able to just cancel, re open the reply window, and paste the response again...been Ok ever since...I don't think when it does that it's necessarily a time out, it's just some kind of glitch, I have had it happen on short replies as well...

Sorry your night fly was lame. They had night flying at the big fun fly I went to that time, but I didn't stay that long to see it...but as many helis as were there, I'm sure it would have been pretty cool.

Cool on the buddy box with the Raptor, I guess that guy hasn't had any woofing or blade flutter problems yet? Was his Raptor pretty new? Just curious, wondering how his Raptor .50 experience has been so far....

Sounds like fun on the plane too...seems like you had a good time!

JPEE,

Congrats on joining the AMA, and the club! I hope you will enjoy it....are there alot of heli guys? That's the biggest issue I have with my field/club, there are MAYBE 6 heli guys total, and I never see any of them up there, it's always plane guys...and it's hard to get into a click with anyone that is not even interested in helis....it's almost like they thumb their noses at helis...they never come over and socialize or ask any questions, etc...they are like in their own little world...kinda sucks, actually.

That is why I'm considering/debating the MHA (Maryland Helicopter Assn)...which is 100% helis...they are the sponsors of the big fun fly that I went to earlier this year...and that would have a big bearing on whether I would get another nitro heli or not...

Well, guys, I THOUGHT I had the main B400 all ironed out....but the twangin tail boom supports came back today, after I loosened the belt a bit..it was entirely too tight, causing alot of resistance/drag...so I loosened it to where the stock one is, and where it used to be fine...

The vibes were bad enough to actually break the left tailboom support...the plastic end snapped in two...

I looked it over again, and might have found it...the tailshaft bearings have alot more play than my stock one...quite a bit, actually....and it makes sense, since running the belt very tight stops the issue...I think when I loosened it up, the bearings aren't as loaded...and the vibes start up again....so I'm going to get some bearings if I can find them tomorrow...if not, I'll borrow the ones from the stock heli, for testing, at least...

Nick,

Have fun with your 4 day holiday, and have fun if you go flying with the Raptor guy again...and take a look at that thing if you think about it...are the blade grips flipped to leading edge control? Do the grips have alot of play? I'm still thinking about mine, and what I could do...so I'm just curious about how other guys are doing with theirs...

JPEE,

Good luck on the 500 rebuild, and have fun on Sunday!

Glenn
Old 09-05-2009, 01:11 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

He said he had the V2 head on it. I didn't notice any unusual vibrations during spool up besides the blades going to the right spot. I will look closer next time I spool it up. However, that guy with the Raptor 90 said he had some vibration at a certain RPM. Do you know if the 90's have the same problem or is it just the dampeners? If I remember right his grips are trailing edge.

Nick
Old 09-05-2009, 07:53 AM
helicorpse

Hello, Nick & Glenn and all the other familar posters...

I've been pretty quiet lately I know but that just means that I've been busy, the heli's aren't my only gig and every once in a while they sit on the bench for a long weekend while I sail or take a float trip. I enjoy reading and staying in touch wiht all of your projects, really sorry to hear the of the demise of your nitro heli experiences Glenn, Nick the plane looks like modeling perfection... awesome work.

I am still keeping the CPP flying and getting more aggressive with it. Keeping the same basic configuration of the heli with the micro heli hub and swash plate and the dual tail motor modification and it's all working well. I've come to appreciate the CPP's ability to survive the incredible number of hits and rebuilds that I've performed over the past year or more. It's basically seems loose as a goose sometimes but it still flys well regardless... I can hammer out the bends and straigten both the main shafts and the feathering shafts several times and get the heli smooth and balanced again and flying almost as good as new. The blades stay well tracked with little adjustment and basically I think I get a good bang for the buck on that heli for sure.

I've done the build on the 450SE V2 and have all th components mounted on the frame.. I need to work on centering the servos and setting up the head on the mechanical end of things and finish setting up the esc and gyro on the electronics end of things... I'm not in any hurry to finish actually becasue I'm still learning how to keep my other heli's up in the air for longer flight times between making mistakes...

I've modified my Esky Belt CP so much that it doesn't much look or fly like one any more.... all with low cost parts or part replacemenets of higher quality. I use the B400 main gear and now the pinion gear (replaced yesterday), and the cabon fibre, cnc swash. I have also bought a COpter X V2 Stlye head and tail box for it and have successfully adapted and fitted those on the heli and it's flying great, my usual source of cheap blades has been the 315's & 325 hobby wing wooden blades selling all summer for less than $4. I like the way it looks with a fibreglass Align style canopy the experience with the same style of head as I'm going to have on the 450v2 is good as I've seen first hand all the screws backing out and the need for loctite... the head design is nice... easy feather shaft & main shaft replacements on that one. I keep expanding my fly space.... it went from the shop to the driveway to the backyard and now to the building site clearing and soon to the ball field over at the country church a mile away...

Okay.. have a nice fly day.. all of you have really helped me out alot and I'm looking forward to flying as well as most of you seem to be able to do..

I'm starting to get excited about a trip Linda and I are making out west in October.. we've decided to go back to Utah and revist Toroweep on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, a most remote and awesome place reached by 65 mile dirt road and perched 2500 feet above the river's edge, however the best part may be a five day float down the Green River Gorge above it's confluence with the Colorado where at one time John Wesley Powell began his exploration of the Colorado River.

Helicorpse
Peter
Old 09-05-2009, 10:29 AM
evdreamer

Peter,

Glad to see you back here. I also let my 600 sit while I do my other hobbies. It is hard to balance doing them all equally.

Good to hear the CPP has been a good heli for you. That is cool you are getting closer to finishing the 450.

Flying at the field you are talking about should make the learning process easier.

Have fun in Utah.

Nick
Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I just got back from flying. It was kind of windy, but there was hardly anyone at the field. I met the guy with the Raptor 50 again. We did a couple of buddy box sessions then on his last flight of the day he soloed it. He did great and did some figure 8's and nose in hovering. I went back to the basics like I do sometimes and practiced inverted hovering orientations, circles, and loops. I think it is helping my other moves. Now the guy with the Raptor 50 and I are going to meet up on Tuesdays to go flying helis.

A week ago I was starting to get nervous that one of my extension connectors was going to come out in flight, so I learned from building my 540 that I could use shrink wrap over the connector to keep them from coming apart. I thought you guys might be interested in doing the same thing with your connectors. I can take a pic of what I am talking about if you want.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:05 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Guys,

I just got back from flying. It was kind of windy, but there was hardly anyone at the field. I met the guy with the Raptor 50 again. We did a couple of buddy box sessions then on his last flight of the day he soloed it. He did great and did some figure 8's and nose in hovering. I went back to the basics like I do sometimes and practiced inverted hovering orientations, circles, and loops. I think it is helping my other moves. Now the guy with the Raptor 50 and I are going to meet up on Tuesdays to go flying helis.

A week ago I was starting to get nervous that one of my extension connectors was going to come out in flight, so I learned from building my 540 that I could use shrink wrap over the connector to keep them from coming apart. I thought you guys might be interested in doing the same thing with your connectors. I can take a pic of what I am talking about if you want.
Nick, here you go, AND yes take a pitcure please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRhyvpCSIbI
JPEE
Old 09-06-2009, 12:11 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool. I bet your T-28 is begging to take off from the runway. I will get a picture up soon.

Nick
Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 AM
evdreamer

Here are the pics with shrink wrap on the extension and gyro connectors.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64964.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1269311   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30598.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1269312  
Old 09-06-2009, 01:08 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Glad you had a good time, and your pal with the Raptor is doing well now...

That is cool that you have someone to fly with...I wish I could find someone around here that was into helis...[]

Maybe if I join that heli only club next year I'll meet some new, more interesting people that are into helis...

Good idea on the servo wire connections....the Raptor came with a clip on the RX pack that secures it really nicely, yet it can be removed for charging, maintenance, etc... here is a product that is similar, if you ever need ones that you can easily install and remove...

http://www.redrc.net/2008/03/aero-wo...nnector-clips/

Peter,

Glad to hear from ya again! Sounds like you are having fun, which is the main point, right??

Thanks for the condolences on the Raptor....I guess it was just not meant to be for me and that nitro, but I still have the engine and electronics, so all is not lost...maybe an over the winter project with a more modern heli...!

It is amazing how sloppy the CPP's can be and still fly decently, isn't it?? They are sloppy right out of the box, but for whatever reason, they are a blast to fly in calmer winds, I was enjoying mine a while back, I always forget how much fun they can be to fly!

JPEE,

The new park looks nice! Lots of room for sure....see, that is a nice setup...nice and deep.....my club field is very shallow, and wide, not nearly that large an area...

When do you go up there again?? I thought you had said something about Tuesday?

I was looking at the website for my heli only club earlier today, I may just take a ride out there soon, and have a look see...sounds like it's behind someone's house...

http://home.flymha.com/

Well, I spent about half the day today chasing down parts....and the other half overhauling the tail on the B400....with some more upgrades...

I decided after I found those badly worn tail case bearings to just go all out with the "shotgun approach" and just go all new...(it does have 200+ flights on it, I'm certain) so it got a new belt, a new speed up tail drive shaft, new bearings for that, and new bearings for the tail case, and then some upgrade parts.....got the CNC stuff for the tail, pitch slider and lever, and the grips with steel hub, etc...and I threw some CF tail blades on it too....should be very nice now...those OEM plastic blade grips were pretty sloppy, for sure...

I'll see if I can get some pics....

Can't wait to fly it tomorrow!

Talk to ya guys!

Glenn
Old 09-06-2009, 01:22 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Here's some quick pics of the new stuff...

I am dabating on the CNC tailbox...it's already on the verge of being tail heavy as it is....

Plus, alot of the Eflite upgrades use different, flanged bearings, which of course, they don't supply the replacements for....no biggie really, just measure and go to Boca...but still kind of a PITA...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61480.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1269314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88907.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1269315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13940.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1269316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha79207.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1269317  
Old 09-06-2009, 01:18 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah it is fun talking about helis with people at the field. You would enjoy it at the heli field.

I have seen those before. I have a large assortment of shrink wrap from harbor freight, so I should be good for awhile if I have to cut the old ones and put on new shrink wrap.

Your new aluminum looks good. For the amount that you fly that B400 it is probably a good investment, since those will last a lot longer.

Nick
Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys and happy Labor Day! Nobody sleeps on this forum do they?!

Just been going through these 300 and some pages while at work and enjoying all the stories and tips ya'll have! Yeah, I'm a niteshifter but it gives me the chance to fly my old CP in the morning before heading home - I sometimes feel like its an antique compared to the upgraded Plus2.

Glenn, that heli field looks amazing and I bet the fall colors would give some awesome pictures with a blade 400 in the foreground. I would join without a second thought!

Just thought I'd chime in to say hi,

Mark
Old 09-07-2009, 01:30 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nobody sleeps on this forum do they?!

Sleep...?? What's that....?! That ended when I got sucked into this hobby ! [8D] This thread is full of valuable information I agree.... I need to step back in, but have a hard time trying to keep up with all the threads I love to visit. I still lurk however..... Welcome though !
Old 09-07-2009, 02:30 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

We are pretty much all night owls. Welcome to the club.

Nick
Old 09-07-2009, 02:32 AM
J-MICHAEL

Mark,

We are pretty much all night owls. Welcome to the club.

Nick

Old 09-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Ha, I hear ya!

I actually have been part of the night owl club for quite a while. Nightshift, I believe is the best shift to work - none of the logistical hoop-la to deal with that you find on dayshift. Yes, nights is where it's at.

I just finished playing around with my CP during my lunchbreak, needed to do some adjustment of the main/tail rotor mixing - wasn't much fun flying with the trim set all the way to the left. I am interested in upgrading my CP with some of the CPpro2 parts, particularly the tail setup and the new brushed motor Eflight switched to. Eventually I'll be adding the gyro and receiver so I can use my DX7 but for now will have to suffer with the stock radio and gyro in the included mixer - hey, I have a 7 month old and so funds have slowed to a gruesome trickle! Ah, but he's going to be a great heli pilot, and he already loves the trex!

Well, the ER is getting busy so have to say bye for now,

Mark
Old 09-07-2009, 12:18 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Maybe your kid will be like this 3 or 5 year old who is already a pro. I can't remember the name of him, but maybe you have seen him fly on youtube.

Nick
Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Do you mean Justin Chi ?? Maybe so I'am thinking.... Hek, its hard to keep up with all the younger little squirts who fly better than most of us !! +1 for all them ! [8D] I wish I started with this hobby when I was that young...

~ Jeff
Old 09-07-2009, 02:50 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah that's the kid I was thinking of.

Nick
Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

Ok, I thought maybe so.... Yeah he is amazing for sure ! I'am hoping I can take the Funtana up today, but I'am nervous about it again.... Eh.... I don't know why I get that way with it ?? I think because I'am just not as familiar with it like I'am with the heli's is all. Everything usually is ok when I'am in the air then with it, but still.... My last flight was kinda rough and so that doesn't help !

If I do take her up, it will be the 3rd flight... The second flight I'am not sure you've seen, but I'll throw the link up. The plane was soaked from the early morning mist that day !

http://exposureroom.com/members/J-MI...7a86accc54ae7/

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.