Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:14 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn ~

Lol on flying the rain...! That's not stopping us eh ?! Yeah at first, I thought it was your Trex 500 ESP, until my brain kicked in, and forgot you said it was the 450 Pro as I also glanced at the title... LMAO... Sorry about the weather for ya. Just more of that to come for all of us... Well, maybe not JPEE... Of course, he'll get blessed with those Santa Ana winds and such. Good thing he's got the Trex 600 for that !

I was so pumped on flying my 450, but then the wind just seemed way to much for my skill level, and I chickened out... But I did run back to the car to give the Trex 500 a shot. It did very well ! At first, I was kind of not sure... But then as it got towards the end of the 7 minute flight, I got educated that it could actually handle much more I believe. I think I may need to change my HH gain back up to where I had it as I studied the video. I did have it 74% and it did better than the 69% in the video... At least for my preferences.

Yeah You-Tube isn't that bad anymore huh ? I've been using it also lately as you can see in my recent vids. I tried my first rolls with the 450 that is also on You-Tube. Not pretty, but at least I know what to expect and all. I was experimenting with some modded CPP flybar paddles which were close to 3 grams a piece. I now put back on the stock CPP paddles however and there much better.

Here was my wind test flight from this morning... Kinda fun !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLUz13MAJ54

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 09-26-2009, 07:32 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Lol on flying the rain...! That's not stopping us eh ?! Yeah at first, I thought it was your Trex 500 ESP, until my brain kicked in, and forgot you said it was the 450 Pro as I also glanced at the title... LMAO... Sorry about the weather for ya. Just more of that to come for all of us... Well, maybe not JPEE... Of course, he'll get blessed with those Santa Ana winds and such. Good thing he's got the Trex 600 for that !

I was so pumped on flying my 450, but then the wind just seemed way to much for my skill level, and I chickened out... But I did run back to the car to give the Trex 500 a shot. It did very well ! At first, I was kind of not sure... But then as it got towards the end of the 7 minute flight, I got educated that it could actually handle much more I believe. I think I may need to change my HH gain back up to where I had it as I studied the video. I did have it 74% and it did better than the 69% in the video... At least for my preferences.

Yeah You-Tube isn't that bad anymore huh ? I've been using it also lately as you can see in my recent vids. I tried my first rolls with the 450 that is also on You-Tube. Not pretty, but at least I know what to expect and all. I was experimenting with some modded CPP flybar paddles which were close to 3 grams a piece. I now put back on the stock CPP paddles however and there much better.

Here was my wind test flight from this morning... Kinda fun !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLUz13MAJ54

Cheers,

~ Jeff

DANG JEFF! Nice flying and great video. Your heli is absolutley GORGEOUS!
jpee
Old 09-26-2009, 08:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you had a good day.

JPEE,

Sorry it is hot there. It has been in the mid 70's all week here.

I just got back from the fun fly. It was cancled for tomorrow because of high winds. I buddy boxed with the president of the club and his Raptor 30. He did great and I didn't need to take over at all. The guy I fly with had a hole in his tank because the tank mounting screws rubbed a hole in it. He said that is a normal thing with the Raptor 30 and 50. They were both excited because they said they won't look like newbies when they go to the big helicopter fun fly next year in a near by town. They both want me to teach them to fly inverted next year. The guy I do demos with was flying some big 3D planes today. He was flying 3D for 30min and said he still had 3/4 of a tank left, but he had to land because a throttle linkage broke in flight.

Nick
Old 09-26-2009, 08:28 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I liked your traveling piro with the 450.

Jeff,

You have guts to fly when it is cloudy like that. I had a hard time seeing the orientation of your heli.

Nick
Old 09-26-2009, 10:38 PM
JPEE

GUYS WE ARE BACK ON LINE AT 8:38 P.M. CALIFORNIA TIME

Must have been a SERVER brown out from California running our air conditioners in this heat wave LOL

JPEE
Old 09-26-2009, 11:07 PM
J-MICHAEL

No JPEE............ I couldn't get on-line also.... Good ol' RCU NEWER servers doing the ol' skoool stuff again ! EH..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick ~

For me, the cloudier it is, the easier it is to track the heli. When its full blue clear sunny skies, all I see is one glob of reflection from the heli and I can't tell which way its tilting or anything. Drives me nuts ! BTW..... Maybe you need to contact Mark here on RCU (the Admin guy) and tell him you'll help fix the server problems for them ??? ! [8D][8D]
Old 09-26-2009, 11:09 PM
J-MICHAEL

Yeah Glenn, your short flight with the T-450 Pro was just smooth and totally in control. That's hard to do... At least for me. The slower it is, the harder... +1 again on the progress I've noticed you have gained.

I love those mSR's !!! Quit teasing !!!!!! [8D]
Old 09-27-2009, 09:36 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL
Maybe you need to contact Mark here on RCU (the Admin guy) and tell him you'll help fix the server problems for them ??? ! [8D][8D]
Old 09-27-2009, 12:29 PM
evdreamer

I just got the single output PWM to work with my microcontroller. Right now I have a pot. change the duty cycle and that goes into a LED right now. Then the duty cycle controls how bright the LED is. Now I am going to hook a motor up to it and see how it works.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:51 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

That's cool... Man, that stuff is just clearly over my head. I feel like I'am trying to understand Chinese or something... LMAO...! Your gonna go far in this world with that knowledge without a doubt................. When the moment is right, snap some pictures maybe ??

Oh.....! I did my first Barrel rolls today ! I almost peed ! LMAO..... I had to try it on my first pack early, before the sun came out and glared my canopy making it hard for me to orientate the darn thing. (I hate yellow)....

Old 09-27-2009, 01:51 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I try not to go too far in depth with what I write, so it isn't like I am talking to myself. I just hooked up the motor portion of the circuit and it works great except it won't come to a stop. I know why that is, but I am not going to mess with it. I will snap some pics later today. My transistors don't like what I am doing because I am dumping a lot of current in them without having a heatsink on them. I got some gas money from my club for doing demos, so I am going to stop by Radioshack soon and pic up some goodies. I want to work on one of the other features my controller can do today. It allows me to control the direction of the motor with a button or switch.

Nice rolls!

Nick
Old 09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Nick,
I too feel like I'm reading Chinese! Engineers - amazing group of people you are. Some of the equipment I use in the lab is a direct result of the work and designs engineers come up with. Makes my life that much easier!

Jeff,
Very nice and precise roll. Wish I could keep my bird in the same plane when rolling like I just saw yours do - very nice job!!

Glenn,
Glad you have 1 B400 working out for you. Maybe later on you can start using your CNC stuff again, but I would just enjoy the bird as is for now. BTW, stop banging up the cars in the bays with your new mSR! Aren't they like... sorta new?

Had the chance to fly my 450 this morning. Couldn't figure out why each time I did a stationary flip she would drop like a stone toward the ground, I was giving full negative - duh, the idle up switch would be nice! Didn't crash, but I'm sure my heart skipped a few beats on several occasions. BTW, I think I got a bad 2-N-1 for the CPP2. I'll have to double check my setting on the radio but I don't get any motor life when I throttle up. Kind of a bummer situation right now but at least I have my trusty 450 I can fly.

JPEE,
I think you may want to dust off some kind of indoor flyer if your temps stay in the 100+, yikes! [X(]

Mark
Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
9sec240

I crashed my CPP2 today... TWICE!! LOL.. First time I a gust of wind pushed my heli down towards the ground on a "high" speed pass and I went full collective and a link popped off. A little CA on the landing gear and I was back in the air. Second crash was just after a barrel roll when I ran out of altitude... I lost a link completely on that crash or I would have been back i the air.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:13 PM
evdreamer

I didn't get to work on my ESC today, but I finished another fun project. My dad got a free power supply that his company was going to throw away and I had to modify it a little. It wasn't regulated and wasn't adjustable, so I made it both. Now I can adjust it from 0-18V and it will stay at that Voltage a lot better than the original one did. It isn't a switching supply, but it only cost $5 in parts. I also got a lot of parts at Radioshack today, so I will have plenty to play with this week.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57485.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1283688  
Old 09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much new here...was kinda windy/rainy today, didn't really get out and fly, had some stuff around here to do as well....looks windy for the beginning of the week...

Jeff,

Nice rolls! Yeah, you guys are opposite of me, you get out and fly hard, high and fast...I'm more of a slow, controlled, kinda micro flier...lol... Probably has alot to do with my limited space, and the fact that you guys, especially JPEE, have nice big wide open spaces...I think we tend to use as much room as we have available...when I go to my club field, I get pretty far out, and it's difficult/strange for me...

Thanks for the kind words on my progress...sure seems slow to me...but I don't fly as much as some of the guys...so I can't expect to learn as fast...when Nick said he had 1000 flights, I was shocked...I have nowhere near that many, and it shows...plus some of us just learn faster than others, Nick has a big advantage with his youth..

Your progress is impressive as well...your vids sure do look more impressive than mine ever do!

Nick,

We use Pulse Width Modulation quite a bit in newer cars...and even some older ones..you Impala has a few PWM controlled circuits in the emissions system...the Powertrain Control Module varies the duty cycle to change things like the EGR flow, and idle speed...we can also use diagnostic tools to vary the duty cycle for testing things...

Nice that you got it to work on a LED....let us know how the motor works out....

Heli,

Yeah, I really love this MSR....a LOT more fun than I imagined it to be when I first heard about it...

A CP ultra micro would be cool... I was looking very hard at the Novus CP ....aka Walkera 4G3....looks too complicated...too fragile...I would have broken it up but good by now...lol!!

Mark,

Yeah, +1 on leaving the B400 alone...not sure on the future of the CNC stuff..for now, it's going to just sit...'till I decide...this thing is flying too good to mess with it now, and I'm tired of the marathon, up-till-1-AM rebuilds!!

Sorry to hear that the 2 in 1 is giving you trouble..have heard that alot....are you sure that your throttle trim is set very low...that can do it...mine messed with me at first..maybe not, but it's not hard to check...I had to put my throttle trim all the way down as far as it would go to get it to intialize...

Funny story on the idle up/flips...hey, we all do silly things from time to time...and usually learn the hard way...glad you didn't crash!

Ivan,

Sounds like you are having alot of fun with the CPP2's....I have to get mine back out again soon...they are alot of fun!

Thanks for the kind words on YouTube!

Glenn

Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Ivan,

Sounds like you are having alot of fun with the CPP2's....I have to get mine back out again soon...they are alot of fun!

Thanks for the kind words on YouTube!

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I have a riot with my CPP2. I have NO fear of this heli or of crashing it so I use it to push myself. Today was EXTREMELY windy so it was a RIOT to blast that thing around. I also flew the crap out of my HK450B (bling) and got one flight on my T-Rex 500 ESP and a dial in flight on my Century Falcon .46... when the sun was finally setting and the wind was dying down, I got a few flights on my Gaui 200 SE and a couple on the T-Rex 250. I flew 16 batteries today and one tank of nitro!!

My buddy Phil had his 450 Pro out and I am falling in love with that thing... I may need to get one soon. Is yours all Align?

Here is a vid of one of my HK450B flights...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il0yJPle39g[/youtube]

Watch in HQ if you can.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

Mark ~

Don't worry about your backflips, hek I'am still trying to refine mine ! Just having to figure out the timing of when to apply that negative pitch so that the heli doesn't lose that altitude. I'll try some more myself soon, since I think I like where my settings should be on the 450. Today the rolls were not to bad punching in some -10% expo into the DX7 and running a responsive 90% swash mix with the stock CPP paddles. Hard to control the heli almost it was so responsive, but I didn't need much negative pitch if any to make those rolls turn out ok that's for sure... I plugged in the settings into G4 last night and tried it, and then applied the same scenario in real life and it worked ! Always experimenting !

Glenn ~

I'am like you and just don't get to fly to awfully much, normally it would be maybe 3-5 times on just the weekends if that. But lately in the last few days I've been splurging, and so that helped on being confident with the rolls and not having to "re-learn" the sticks again... I know exactly how ya feel. But like for me, I'am in no rush for anything in this hobby and just take it in strides. Plenty of time to play.... The reason also I've only wrecked my T-500 once, and my 450 4 times in the 2 years of almost being into the heli's... I like to tinker just as much as fly, so for me I'am fine with that. Yeah Nick and his 1000 flights ! Crap, that would take me 5 years or more !

Yeah the small flying fields for you would definately make it challenging. I bet it really helps you refine and get pretty precise with them though as I noted in your last 450-Pro video... That's hard to do for me... I'll practice trying, but its a whole nother' league and I'll get that precision in time I suppose... For now, I'll just envy your slow, controlled, precise flights ! [8D]

Nick ~

I like the new Power Supply... What is a switching power supply anyway ?? I know my one power supply that I have is that switching type, but never knew what that meant ? Heh.... Cool you got some gas money for doing what you love to do with those demo's ! Oh....! One of my Trex 500's Scorpion motor bearings died right before take-off today ! Good thing I didn't have it in the air.... Eh ! That's the bad thing about these Scorpion motors is they use the most cheapest bearings on the planet... And I was even anal about keeping them lubed. I guess that doesn't even matter with em'... Yikes... I knew this before I got them, but still it would have been nice to get at least over 30 flights on her. I'll maybe get some Boca ceramic bearings for it. Or just throw both of the motors away, and go with the higher quality Steve Neu motors. I wonder how I can get to push that bearing out of the motor ?? Seems like its in there tight ? Would heat or cold make it get looser to pop out do you know ? I forgot which.....

Ivan ~

Cool on the rolls with the 450 ! [8D]
Old 09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

Ivan ~ !!

I saw the perfect barrel roll at the 3:30 mark !!!!!! Beautiful.... Good job, and keep it up. I'am on the plank with ya !
Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The motor was working great. I just haven't tried the more complex version yet.

Jeff,

Imagine a switch opening and closing really really fast and you have a switching power supply. It is a lot more complicated than that, but there is an electronic switch and it varies the Voltage by how long it stays on. The longer it is on the higher the Voltage is. When you hook a charger up to one it draws a lot of current, so the Voltage will drop. So the power supply compensates for that by leaving the switch on longer to keep the Voltage up. The type of power supply I just made is called a linear power supply. It is kind of like a big resistor that drops the Voltage to were it needs to be at. I just charged one of my 450 batteries with it, so I know it is good for at least 28W. The main component I put in was heating up a lot charging that battery, so I would need a fan to keep doing that. I don't know what the only two original components are good for, but the casing said 2A on it. I didn't build it to charge batteries, so I know it will work fine for my experiments.

My 600 Scorpion motor bearings lasted over a 100 flights until the shield popped off. I hardly lubed them too. I have heard complaints about bearings going bad in Neu motors too. Scorpion motors are pretty easy to work on. Heating them up won't work that good because all the heat will go into the stator and that will dissipate the heat pretty quick. Since the bearings are already bad, just take a big screw driver and put it through one bearing onto the top of the other one and tap it out with a BIG hammer. Then do the same for the other bearing. Then just press the new bearings in.

Nick
Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Hot "tamale" again today.

This morning I got up and went to my club field. I got there at 8:00 and no one was there. So I set up and it is already getting very hot. So I start to fly and learned why no one is there. The sun comes up in your face. The short of this. I flew my T-28, 400 and said I cant do this. So I sat there and closed up my boxes and had a coke, now its 9:00 a.m. At 9:20 guys start pulling in. Some I have begun to know by face and name too. They asked, why are you leaving. I said: man its getting hot and I dont want hurt my equipment.... HOGWASH they say. Three of them take out T Rex 500's and start putting a hurt on them. Now it is 89 degrees in the shade. So I said, ok I am in. So took the 500 for a stroll and the 600. Now these boys really like my electric 600 T Rex as they are all flying 600-700 Nitros. Not many of them have seen or heard the QUITE electric 600's. They came out on the tarmac to watch. Ok, now I have to do something I have peers watching, so I kicked the 600 up to stunt and did some hard flying and straffing the runway, they all do that. I stayed and flew until 11:30 and thought if I dont get outta here I am gonna melt standing on that asphalt LOL.

I watched the guys take these Nitros up until they are "almost" not visable to the eye, then cut off the motor and auto down IN FRIGGING-CREDABLE. I have seen them do this before but "I watched and learned alot". I also saw a master pilot who flies inverted and does backwards fig 8 like glass (nick sound familure??) blink and tacos the 500 while inverted. Another guy was inverted and was moving towards some foliage and then WACK he passed to close and mowed that dang stuff. It was pencile dia. green stalks, wacko...........gone! The 500 Trex never missed a beat as it was mowing. Then theres another guy that comes with a heli (not today) with 100% head speed inverted and literally sets it on the button and mows the weeds on the side of the field! ! Overall it was a grand morning.

Horizon sent back my DX6i rebuilt and ready to go FREE. It onely took two weeks and I go tthe free AR6100 top stab RX. Man they replaced a lot of stuff in there per theirpaper work. I got a new master chip so all of my models were gone. Expecting this I had logged everything ahead of time being left handed and anal the way I am. Well guess what, your wont believe me but this is the straight up truth. Several of the helis inputs are now different than the way they were. Some have new + and - swash mixes compaird to what they were???? a lot of the sub trims and rev and normal servos were different too. And as I have said over that last week. YOU CANNOT take your inputs from a DX7 and plug them into a DX6i. The rev and normals are different to name one thing, swash mix too. So later today I took and re entered my 401-402-403-500-600, T-28 into the DX6i..why? I'll tell you in a second. But first I had to bind and fly my most of those listed, did not get them all done today. So I would test fly them re-log the settings. Then when done re bind to the Dx7 again and test fly again wheeeeew. I want a back up TX ready to go if I need it and there is a story behind this that happened to me Thursday night. The truck is loaded for Friday morning. I go to get my my DX7 off the bench where it had been charging. As I unplug it I see OH CRAP! it was plugged into my laptop power supply! ! EEK as that and the charger cords look a like I screwed the pup here forsure. So as I pulled the cord out of the radio and then looked further the laptop power supply was not plugged into the wall. I am thinking how lucky am I dude. I turn on the DX7 and NOTHING, the screen is dead. I figured OK the cord being plugged into it drew down the battery some how. So I pulled that battery out and tested it and oh oh 10.5 vts. It is now 8:40 p.m. we are set to fly at 6:30 a.m. and me with no radio. So I rip open the back of the radio and pull a second board and there it is....a nice old fashioned glass buss fuse! I called Radio Shack and asked "how late are you open tonight?" He replies, we are closing in 10 min! I drove like Jeff flies with all of the stops pulled out WIDE OPEN and like I STOLE IT! They sold me bag of 4 ea. 3 amp 250 vt fuses.......thank goodness, I was in the game again. So I tell you guys, what I did was a major goof but think about it, a .15 cent fuse could have ruined my day, get one, and carry with you in your flight box.

Ivan.....your insane! I loved your video.

Nick, that PS is OLD man and I mean OLD. Good for you on taking trash and making it work better than it was when it was new!

Jeff, nice rolls smooooooooth.................you are my Yoda.

Glenn, I hope your enjoying the new MSR. Sorry about the rain and but hey, sometimes it gives a guy a reason to do those "other" things we set aside while flying.

Mark, your right about inside flying. I have an mcx, cx2 and my G4 so I am covered for inside.......but it aint the same LOL.

JPEE on the side and lurking
Old 09-27-2009, 10:07 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear you had a fun time flying today. Yeah doing the inverted figure 8's was one of my first tricks, but I would flip it a 180 degrees in the center.

Since pretty much every charger has opposite polarities than the DX7 charger it would have fried everything if that fuse wasn't there.

Nick
Old 09-27-2009, 11:11 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I am just so happy that the laptop power supply was not plugged into wall! Then YOU would have smelled smoke and buring insulation clear back there

JPEE
Old 09-28-2009, 10:08 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

I always love your stories...... I got my video up now of my first barrel rolls... I made the cyclic extra sensitive to help assist in getting the job done. My settings are displayed in the description there on You-Tube. Because I added music, I hope You-Tube doesn't disable the audio... We'll see. No guarantee's I'll be able to do that again, as I think it was partial luck ! We'll see again come this weekend.

Nick ~

Thanks for the bearing tips then for the motor. Yeah, I'll have to get out my BFH and Git R Dun ! Also, thanks for the info about the switching type power supplies. +1..... Your always my Wikepedia when it comes to ANYTHING with these heli's and I always appreciate it.

Glenn ~

I see your progress for sure.... Your just "in the picture" and so its not so noticeable to you most likely. Its been a bit since I've seen some of your vids, because I've been bad and playing in other places instead of hanging out here with you guys some. Definately progress has been made by you.... No worries my friend ! [8D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q5xT7PGprU

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-28-2009, 03:26 PM
rotarydoc

Ivan,

I almost forgot to answer your question on my Trex 450 Pro....yes, it is 100% Align, I bought the Super Combo, which comes with all the electronics, less battery and RX...

I did have a premature motor bearing failure however, which Assurance RC took care of under warranty (not as customer friendly as Horizon, I might add...).

I have heard of guys having issues with the supplied servos, but I have not had any yet...keeping my fingers crossed...

Overall, I could not be more pleased with it!

Glenn
Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I had a day like you have been having lately. I got my parts and fixed up the 450, but was having massive vibration problems in the head. So I thought all 3 of my brand new mainshafts were bent. After I tried all of those I tracked one of the problems to my swash driver, so I took the whole flybarless system off and put the flybared head back on. Once the blades were on it was doing the same thing. So I tracked that down to unbalanced blades. Once I got a pair of balanced wooden blades on I was having a fun time flying it around my backyard until it lawn darted itself. It didn't take long before I saw one screw was missing from the swashplate ball. So now the 450 is sitting on the bench again and I have the Skookum sitting on my desk.[&o] I know I put thread lock on the swashplate screws, but some how it backed out. I don't normally check those screws, but now I will. I would like to put the Skookum on the 600, but I don't want to mess with a good thing.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.