Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:14 AM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Cool Nick..... That's really good to know about the A123 batts... Experience with certain things sure speaks volumes with what we personally learn, as we venture forward into this hobby I'll tell ya. I like to hear of others experiences like you just gave about the durability of the A123 batts, along with the performance still there. +1........... [8D]
Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

AN OPEN QUESTON:
Do any of your guys leave your helis in the garage in or out of a case? I have a room dedicated to our computers and my helis already but it is only a 10'X11' and it FULL. Between the work bench, charging area and 2 more 400's, a CX2 and an MCX I am full up. So my plane sits behind the loveseat in livingroom out of site, were good there. But the 600-500 and another 400 sit off in the corner of the livingroom.
REASON: Here in California it gets hot, up to 107 but generally 100 during summer days which means the garage gets HOTTTT to. I have been affraid to leave the helis in the garage even in their cases for fear the heat would effect the blades, some woodies most CF and or the elctronics. Now I have not lost the point that I fly outside in\on warm days and the motor, esc all get hot but static deep heat just sitting in the garage is a little different in my thought.
YOUR THOUGHTS on this subject are welcome.

Nick, when do you start the new job?

Thanks JPEE
Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

In the summer, my garage gets hot also... Sometimes around 85-100 degrees. I'll keep most of my stuff in the house during that time. But usually my RC-Car stuff stays out there in the garage. ALL my heli's and planes stay in the house in the hobby room where the temps are more reasonable. And definately the heli's... There just my baby's period ! I had a problem in Cali with all my spare heli blades warping ? The Align Carbons, and all my woodies. I'am in the process now of trying to get them back to shape. Steam, bending, whatever it takes. So far I got them all cured except a couple. I wonder if it was the AC in the studio I was staying at ? And then when I went to work, I would just turn it off, and then the studio would het pretty hot in there until I realized its best to just keep it on at a set temp as my dad recommended... I just wanted to be nice and not use so much power so to speak... Lol... But I'am sure the cold, and then hot in there did that. No biggie.... I'll live...

Old 09-30-2009, 08:06 PM
J-MICHAEL

I got a quick little flight in with the T-450 this morning. JPEE already has seen the pics... But thought I'd share here also to my fellow brothers. Boy, it was a cold booger out there ! 36 degrees before 7:00 A.M..... Eh ! I tried a few more rolls, and then tried a roll at the top of a loop but instead of keeping the heli going at a forward momentum, it stalled at the top... Dang it... I gotta figure that out... Even on G4 I can't figure out AT ALL how to keep the heli moving then at the top of the loop after doing a roll at the top ?? Anyway, I thought it would be neat to then skydive the heli downwards until I realized the ground was closer than I thought ! I slammed the anti-lock brakes on () and thank goodness, after wetting my diaper I recovered ok outta that one... Thank goodness for those lighter CPP paddles, and the power at hand to come out safely. That would have been a nasty nose-in hit !

Oh cool.... The video is up now... I had to cut it kinda short on the flight as my fingers were so cold, and my right thumb was losing its grip slowly... Eh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRTSH_d6FYg

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I don't know if it would be bad to leave the helis in the garage. The electronics should be fine, but the more they are exposed to heat the shorter they will last. I have no idea how heat affects CF either. All my aircraft stay inside, but I don't have the kind of fleet you guys do.

I start the new job on the 13th.

Nick
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Another thing to think about with the heat in the garage which got me in Cali.... Was some of the plastic components got dry and brittle, anything rubber totally gets dried out, o-rings/dampers, canopy gromments etc. etc. Most of my little stuff like that I had to replace... I just waited until I got back home. Just a thought....
Old 09-30-2009, 09:13 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Are you taking about an Immelman turn? http://www.seniorpattern.com/improve/immelturn.htm

If so, hold enough elevator to pull through a loop until you get to the top. Then let up on the elevator a little, but not all the way and give some negative pitch. That will allow you to fly inverted for a little bit at the top going the other direction. Then give some aileron to do the roll.

Nick
Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 PM
JPEE

Thanks guys for the input. I was pretty sure I knew what it would be, the same as my thinking. And Jeff on the plastics and such. When I re-built the house after the earthquake I make a walk around attic over the garage thinking OOH look at allof the storage I will have. Then I sotre XMAS stuff there and next year had to throgh it out. Glue joints had let go, plastic was brittle and so on so I ahve a great big EMPTY space lol.

So I will keep things where they are and thanks again for chiming in.

JPEE
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM
J-MICHAEL

Oh Nick.... Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.....!! I think that's what they call it ! I'am not familiar with most the names at all with the heli's different moves. That will help me most definately... I just needed that help to get me pointed in the right direction to then practice on G4.... Awesome ! I'am gonna check that link out some more and then try on G4 after I get back from going out to dinner...

Thanks again..... +1...... (I told ya your my Wikepedia....) [8D]....Heh.....
Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Yikes.... Actually, crap.... I also have stuff in our attic like our Christmas stuff... Oh crap, I never also thought about that stuff being a brittle cookie now... EH ! It gets roasting up there also... Damn it ! I put it up there last Winter...... Eh...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [&:]
Old 10-01-2009, 12:16 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Just checking in...not a whole lot going on over here....except wind every day this week so far...and rain coming for Saturday, looks like.

Been busy at work, so just been chillin' after work for the most part.

I did order a new frame and some other stuff for the B400's...I think I'm going to slooooowly rebuild the shakey B400 from the frame up as all stock....kinda start all over with it...

I got some new glass-fiber type main blades for the B400's....$6.30 a set...kinda curious to see how these will be...might be interesting...I'll report when I know something...

Hope everyone gets to fly some this week...or over the weekend, at least...

Glenn
Old 10-01-2009, 01:16 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It is supposed to rain here every day this week except Saturday.

Hope the new parts work out for you.

I have been trying to add some of the features of the CC ESC's to my ESC. So far I just have it won't start with any throttle and it won't change directions with any throttle. It is kind of fun trying to see if I can write code like the ESC companies do. Now I want to work on limiting the current.

Nick
Old 10-01-2009, 04:17 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your weather...is it cold there yet? Hope you can fit some flying in on Saturday at least...

Sounds cool on the ESC, and tinkering with the settings...is it like programmable with a PC type thing? Like changing firmware on a chip?

Soon, you'll be in the ESC business. like Bob Novak, of Novak speed controls (mostly RC car stuff...)...I think he got started building ESC's in his garage...lol..

I got my stuff from Helidirect today. Havn't opened it yet. I'm really curious about those $6.30 rotor blades...

I may start the rebuild this weekend, depending on what else I have to do around the house, gotta get ready for WINTER soon...

Good luck with your projects

Glenn
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It was 53 when I got home from work and it has been in the 60's most of the week.

I write the code on the PC. Then a program sends it to my programmer. Then that programs my chip. Here is a little bit of the code I am writing:
cblock 20h
temp,status_temp
endc

org 0
goto setup

org 04h
movwf temp ;save info from w
movf STATUS,w
movwf status_temp ;save STATUS info

banksel PIR1
bcf PIR1,1 ;clear interupt flag

;bank1-
bsf STATUS,RP0
clrf TRISC ;enable tristate

;bank0
bcf STATUS,RP0 ;move to status_temp bank
movf status_temp,w
movwf STATUS ;restore STATUS info
movf temp,w ;restore info to w
retfie

I have heard of Novak ESC's, but I didn't know he started in his garage.

Have fun with your new parts.

Nick
Old 10-01-2009, 11:52 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

It was 53 when I got home from work and it has been in the 60's most of the week.

I write the code on the PC. Then a program sends it to my programmer. Then that programs my chip. Here is a little bit of the code I am writing:
cblock 20h
temp,status_temp
endc

org 0
goto setup

org 04h
movwf temp ;save info from w
movf STATUS,w
movwf status_temp ;save STATUS info

banksel PIR1
bcf PIR1,1 ;clear interupt flag

;bank1-
bsf STATUS,RP0
clrf TRISC ;enable tristate

;bank0
bcf STATUS,RP0 ;move to status_temp bank
movf status_temp,w
movwf STATUS ;restore STATUS info
movf temp,w ;restore info to w
retfie

I have heard of Novak ESC's, but I didn't know he started in his garage.

Have fun with your new parts.

Nick
Nick, you should not use languge like that here on the forum It makes us dumb guys feel bad we can't understand it LOL.
Really........great work, I am excited for you and that you having not only fun and have the challenge too. Keep working on it..we are behind you.
JPEE
Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 AM
J-MICHAEL

Is this bad............?? ! [8D]

Old 10-02-2009, 12:14 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the code....lol....the only thing I have done like that is with my VERY first computer....something called a Commodore VIC-20...you had to write small programs using BASIC...your "GOTO" code reminds me of that alot...

Jeff,

OMG!! Now, let's see the REST of the STORY....LOL!!

Hope it didn't end too badly!!???[X(][X(]

Glenn
Old 10-02-2009, 12:29 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Nick, you should not use languge like that here on the forum It makes us dumb guys feel bad we can't understand it LOL.
Really........great work, I am excited for you and that you having not only fun and have the challenge too. Keep working on it..we are behind you.
JPEE
JPEE,

I didn't expect you guys to understand it, but thought I would share what is involved with my little projects. There is about 40-50 more lines of similar stuff for the rest of the programming.

Jeff,

Did you recover? It looked like you were doing an inverted piro.

Glenn,

I started out with BASIC and my code was in assembly language. It seems like a lot of people don't like assembly language, but I think it isn't that bad. I think it is easier to understand what is involved and what is going on.

Did you save that computer? I bet you could make a small fortune from it by now.

Nick
Old 10-02-2009, 12:48 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the BASIC and assembly code...I have read just a little bit about that stuff....never got into it a whole lot...on the VIC 20, I could make a small bird flap it's wings...lol... looked something like this; ~0~ and the wings flapped up and down....LMAO!

You would think an old, vintage VIC 20 like that would be worth something....but NOT!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMMODORE-VIC-20...d=p3286.c0.m14

I guess because they made so many....kinda like the original IBM PC I have here, it's in great condition, I love it...one of the very first "real" IBM PC's...another item you would think would be worth a small fortune...but not....not YET at least...maybe someday...mine's probably worth $200 at most...but I love to look at it and think that someone paid about $3500 for it new 20 years ago....and that was a lot more than $3500 is today!![X(]

Have fun with the projects! Keep up the good work...

Jeff....

I'm gonna go to bed now, wondering what the end result of that vid was.....LMAO!!

Night guys,

Glenn
Old 10-02-2009, 01:13 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I can't believe that it is starting at $10.

Nick
Old 10-02-2009, 06:28 AM
J-MICHAEL

Here's crash #5 with the Trex 450. Its been 8 months since the last crash, so I figure I was due for another one. The crash 8 months ago was my Common-Sense motor failing executing a backflip as some remember. This recent crash now, was caused by a tired and worn 2 year old plastic blade grip in which it finally gave-in to the darkside... LMAO... Both mechanical failures. All expected in this hobby, so no big deal at all. I'am glad to see that the damage is only around $16.00-$20.00 for repairs.

The typical... Spindle, main-shaft, flybar, tail-linkage control rod, and the plastic tail rotor blade grip. I love the durability of the Align heli's without a doubt. I'am only running the Trex V1 head which uses the smaller 3mm spindle, unlike the V2 models which use the heftier 4mm spindle. My smaller spindle gave a great weak-point and saved a few other things I imagine like the CF SAB main blades for one, which have now survived a few good crashes.

Same with my tail-linkage control rod... Just using the cheaper one still from the Trex 450 SA. No guides for that rod... Just one in the center, where the Microheli stab mount is. This works great for removing the rod quickly for repairs, and also leaves a weak link in assisting to save other more expensive things like my tail rotor servo for one.

I have everything on hand, except the spindle and the tail rotor grip. Another day, another dollar....!

Did I say I love my Trex 450 ?? ! [8D] Glad its not the heavier, louder, expensive, TT kit on this Trex like my T-500 ! Gotta love a belt driven heli without a doubt. I love my torque-tube on the Trex 500, but still not so sure on that scenario.......... I like the durability of belt driven heli's, and the fact they can take a much higher RPM load unlike the Torque tube kits.

Here is the very short video clip below. I was just getting done with my "warm-up" laps and didn't get past that point... Another day.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Tg4BvX79o

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54130.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1286689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53876.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1286690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19490.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1286691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70468.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1286692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64174.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1286693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18432.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1286694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86012.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1286695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19582.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1286696  

Old 10-02-2009, 02:54 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc
Ivan,

I'll have to check on the motor, it was a very early 450 Pro, so it's probably got an early motor. How do I tell?
Glenn
Check the side of your motor and see if it is labeled like this one.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25977.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1286932  
Old 10-02-2009, 03:39 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Are you going to get a metal grip? It is not a good time for the 450's with all of ours eating dirt.

Nick
Old 10-02-2009, 08:37 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

Sorry man that was a tough break. It looked something popped and it was a mechanical failure? Your videos are always so great, sub titles and music.

Nick,

I hope you know I was joking with you on the "language" thing. Of course I admire your learning codes and doing your own programing.........good on ya kid!

Well guys I tried something today. I had a fly day with my buddy this morning and I thought it was time to scratch and dent the 600! So after flying 400, 500, and T-28 I saved the

600 for last flight of the day. Sorry the focus is not good and everything is so small for even a 600 and of course be sure to use the HQ button. What I say in the video as far as

curves was mistaken and I added text to what my curves really were. If the picture here is to small then use the link of you wish.

We had a great great day. The weather was PERFECT.

NICK....... I carry an 800 watt inverter on the truck so I brought my soldering station to the fly

site and hooked it up and took my buddies Deans off his Zippies and put EC3 on so now everything he has is the same and all packs are interchangeable.

Now the one of the best parts of the day. An old timer came up to our table and chatted with us. He is a GLIDER GUY, anyways he said he found a plane in the trash at the fly park

a year ago and he has had it the garage. He said there IS NOT A MARK ON IT & THE ELECTRONICS AND RECEIVER ARE in it! It is a nitro balsa and he said and he figures someone

got fed up with it and threw it in the trash. He found a shorted wire in the harness and figures thats what drove the owner to discust. Well tomorrow I am going over to his

house and he is giving me the plane. OH BABY I am hoping this is everything he said it is. He and his wife seemed nice so I am pretty confident............we'll see.

JPEE
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUbgvW-T0Z0[/youtube]
Old 10-02-2009, 09:42 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool you did a loop with the 600!

OH NO, JPEE is going Nitro! Cool to hear you will be getting a free plane.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.