Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Did you get your 450 parts yet?

I emailed JPEE, we'll see what happens...hope all is well with him...I don't think there are any disasters going on in SoCal at the moment, they are talking about mudslides later in the week though...

Hope you get some nice weather for the weenend like they are predicting.

I might have some nice weather tomorrow, but after that, it's looking pretty grim....cold, rainy until the weekend...

So, I'll try to fly at lunch tomorrow, work and wind permitting...

Glenn

Old 10-13-2009, 12:42 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE is doing fine...just heard from him...he's just been super busy, and preparing for the heavy rains...

He says we'll have a lot to look at when he gets back...

Glenn
Old 10-13-2009, 05:53 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Good to hear about JPEE then.....+1..... Oh..... I see my videos are actually fine, and you guys were probably wondering what I was talking about with them being blurry. But there is currently a bug on You-Tube (again) and so there's also many others with the same problem of all there videos looking blurry watching them just even in normal mode, and the HD button is missing among that. I guess there saying for the ones that are having that problem, are suppose to sign out of there account and then the vids are fine and normal as they are when others are viewing them. Thanks for telling me ! LMAO.... Your all like what is he talking about ?? ! So when I signed out, everything then looked normal.

Yes it is a bug. Current workarounds are to:
1) watch the video in the channel's video player.
2) click the "watch this video in a new window" button in the top right corner of the player on a video's watch page (the one that looks like an arrow).
3) sign out of your account and then watch the video.
5 of 5 people found this answer helpful. Did you? Sign in to vote. Report abuse
Old 10-13-2009, 06:54 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

No, I haven't received my parts yet. Columbus Day has delayed my package.

It will be intersting to see what JPEE has been up to.

Nick
Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 PM
JPEE

Hey Guy's

Ivan
What did you ever decide on the EC3’s and Deans issue? Jeff hit the nail on the head when he said WHAT IF you have to do a fast disconnect. On my 400’s and even the 500 once the blades started to runway do to a TX issue. I expected to have an issue so I barely plugged in the EC3 for the bench tests. It was so easy for me to pull the lead and separate the connectors.

Nick,
Snow?
New job! How is it going, or did you start? Running tech stuff has to be better than working for that CHUMP at the last job
How is the regulator working?
When you said your motor was rocking was that because it was loose or the bearings were shot again? OOPS…. I read the cure, better a shaft than the motor, I am glad you did not have to replace the whole motor.
Good news on not getting hurt to bad on the 450 parts, I’ll bet you just can’t wait to get her in the air again.
Nitro bug! Well it didn’t surprise me. Even I was kind of in envious of the big 700 nitro’s ant the Fun Fly over this past weekend. They are so big I love them! ! ! I was there all day last Saturday and I saw jillions of them, all oily! I know Glenn say alcohol and an old t-shirt but…..?? The fuel, the small in the care and the carry case and it goes on. I did talk to a top pilot and he said he gets 80 gallons through a motor before it junk. Let’s see, 80 gallons at $25.00 ea. OUCH ! ! $2,000.00. I did appreciate the LONG flights and the static power band, that’s nice. But as I walked the grounds and yakked it up with guys (I met an online friend from AZ) and the Heli dealers there I am hearing about over the counter 700E’s coming soon, that more in line for me. I know there are conversion kits for the 700 nitro’s now but I want a unit built by like Align engineers, warranty and that stuff.
In catching up with the posts I see the gasser’s ME LIKIE very much! But as you mentioned, where do you fly it and let her out? That ‘s what’s nice about my club field, multiple planes fly, one heli at a time and NEVER do heli’s and planks fly together. But it is small group of neat guys overall and they have due to the sun kind of established their separate flight hours.

Glenn
To windy to fly, but now we can if we want to due to our over time established skills, but why do it. I have flown in high wind and the 500 and 600 can handle it as well as my own confidence, but again why, it is stressful.
LOL, yeah, the gadget fetish/obsession got me again... . Well I told you Judy and I got our new iPhone’s last week and she cant stop saying thank you for her Birthday present. She in 25 years it’s the best gift I have given her…..hummmmmmm I thought it was something else LOL
Glenn, how did the old Quark do after not flying it for so long? OOPS read that story. I hope you can clean up that TX from the acid and I know Radio Shack sells the little tabs to springs needed to rebuild it too

Nitro heli’s and the mess………..and POWER oooohya!

IPHONES
We love ours and have now in a week got them pretty much under control. The best money we have spent in ages. They are worth the money. I got the 3G “S†which has video. You will see the video I am posting here from the camera. It doesn’t have zoom so you kinda need to be close but the clarity is outstanding! It is designed more for video with friends. Who said APPS, they have over 50K of them from and tones for free.

Jeff,
No plane tinkering yet but soon. Rain…we are supposed to be getting two days worth here, cold and gray light showers now.
When I rebuilt my house from the 93 earthquake I took great pains to re-build the garage for a “mans†shop too. I added 400 square feet and have a total of 840 sq ft in the garage. It is heated and has A/C, it is dry-walled and makes a makes a great “great room†for Thanks giving and such. Heck we seat 40 people with no problem. It also has a stand up attic for storage and here is where the grind comes in. It gets so hot in the attic that wax melts, anything glued dries out and comes apart, the Christmas lights wiring sheathing gets brittle and cracks off of the wires, so in short………it dead unusable space, my mistake. But in the lower section I thought about storing the heli’s and such. At first I thought, you fly on a hot day and the Esc and motor get hot in flight so it should be ok. Then I re-thunk! I thought static heat pounding the electrics and the blades possibly warping them this was not a good thing after all which is why I came to you guys for input. I also have the best wife in the world. She said you’ll keep your stuff in the corner of the living room kind hid by the by the couch. If we have a holiday or a dinner then I stick it all in the heli room for the day. Like I said, I am bless with this little woman all 4’10†of her. She tells me NITROGLYCEREN comes in a small bottle too……lol.

Gasser heli’s OH BABY I likie! To have one of those would be the cats meow, Glenn, tiger told me to say that.

Now on to the videos.
I know most everyone has been to a Fun-Fly but this was a pretty nice one. There were sponsors, parts, after market parts and such. The heli Company COMPASS is getting a big market and a friend’s wife has become their sponsored female flier! BTW there were only two women fliers at the meet. Anyway’s I have posted a video of her flying. She had a small problem. Having loud music in the back ground, standing there with a few hundred people watching, the narrator yapping it up about her she took off. She got crossed up out of the gate. To back up she has been flying 450s and 500s and flipping the heck out of them, that’s why COMPASS picked her up when they say her at another Fun-Fly. Back to the story, she corrects the loss of control real well but then the nerves came in and she was flying outward to infinity! That 500 got smaller and smaller. She was flying out in front of me and her husband and me. We were both filming. But as she started to loose the heli to the horizon her husband jumped and grabbed the TX and finally saved and brought it back. Then she took over again and brought it in and landed.
You’ll see another video of her flying a 700 nitro. The guy said, she’s a great fliers so he asked if she would like to try, of course she said yes and it was a buddy box job. Now you’ll know where she is flying as the heli is smooth flying. When you see a jerk that’s when he takes it from here and re-settles the heli. Any of the tricks is him when he takes it from her…………………but how many of us have wives, old ladies, girl friends that fly? You have to respect her abilities for only 8 mo of flying.

Then the Sheriff’s Dept landed a freaking big mother Sikorsky on the field. The dust off in the LZ was incredible you’ll soon see. Afterwards straw and weeds are raining out of the sky like rain drops, some can be seen in my video.

Finless was there too!

You guys will also see some snaps of heli’s, scale heli’s. The one closest in the picture…………………it a toy helicopter. He bought it Dremeled out the inside and stuck a 500 I think inside. The others next to it are scale bodies. This thing is all plastic and it flies too!

Also you will see a guy who had like 6 Thunder Power 1010C chargers going at once. He built a cooler system for his balancers, you wont believe it. He even thought enough about it to tilt it upwards to help the heat come out. The far out pics of the Sikorsky are from the iPhone too.

Wheeew that’s it from my end.

I also want to take a moment to apologize to you all for not checking in and causing some worries out there. We are a family here now and close after to two years and I should have thought about what you guys would think about my absence.
It was my wife’s birthday for three days, she came home and told me she gave notice and is “retiring†(some one to help me carry heli’s) the addictive new iPhones, we rented the front yard of our other house to the movies studios for a week and had stuff to do there. No we will not be in the movies, they rent the mansion across the street and use out front yard for trailers and food services for the crew. So I just got caught up in work over there and dropped the ball here in the forum.
It wont happen again!...................if I go to “black out againâ€â€¦â€¦.I am dead and buried!

Thanks guys JPEE

The Sheriff Sikorski
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zSqatSTJxs[/youtube]

FunFly iPhone video....................Finless standing off to the side
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dIcm8Xhyu4[/youtube]

Becky flying here sponsored! Compass 500
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNygw0HlU30[/youtube]

Becky flying buddy box a Nitro 700 V-Bar!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcC9Kb4cPPc[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62716.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1294235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34585.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	1294236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32276.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	1294237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86429.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	1294238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60558.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1294239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29791.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1294240  
Old 10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The snow is pretty much gone. It came in the morning and melted off during the first day. The cities to the west of me got it a lot worse than I did.

I just got back from my new job and it is great. It is a little overwhelming with all the info I need to learn, but it is much more laid back and better than my last job. I am in my own little cubical, so that is something I am not used to.

I wonder if that pilot rebuilds his engines or he probably gets a new one for free.

My electronic parts haven't come in yet, so I didn't have a chance to finish up my power supply.

That is cool you got to go to a big fun fly.

Nick
Old 10-13-2009, 06:37 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool vids.

Nick
Old 10-13-2009, 09:38 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

The snow is pretty much gone. It came in the morning and melted off during the first day. The cities to the west of me got it a lot worse than I did.

I just got back from my new job and it is great. It is a little overwhelming with all the info I need to learn, but it is much more laid back and better than my last job. I am in my own little cubical, so that is something I am not used to.

I wonder if that pilot rebuilds his engines or he probably gets a new one for free.

My electronic parts haven't come in yet, so I didn't have a chance to finish up my power supply.

That is cool you got to go to a big fun fly.

Nick
Nick, I am so glad you have your own little space and dont have that dog breath on you butt anymore. Your very bright and will have no problem in catching on I am sure with the new job, your expectations and duties. My very best JPEE

I have not had time to get a new pinion for the 600 to take it from a 10 tooth to something a little fatter like a 1-2-13-14-15, I dont know what they have. once guy told me they have a kit of some kind with three mixed pinions.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Does your motor have a 5mm shaft? My stock Align motor had a 6mm shaft and it was pretty much impossible to find pinions for it except the ones that came in the kit.

Nick
Old 10-13-2009, 09:53 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Guess it's rainin' cats and dogs out there, eh? Hope you stay dry and clear of any mud![X(]

Nice pics, vids of the fun fly! That looks like a fun fly done West Coast style! Glad you got to see/meet Finless there...was he flying anything?

Cool on the iPhone vids, they came out nice...amazing for just a phone cam...they did a nice job with the 3Gs, for sure....

Nick,

Congrats on the new job, and your own little cubicle!

Sounds like it's alot better than your old job already, even with all the new stuff to learn...I know you'll do fine...

Hope your 450 parts arrive soon....glad you didn't get too much snow this time around.

Too windy for any flying today, and gets dark too early after work now...so, time to play with gadgets!!

Glenn
Old 10-13-2009, 10:15 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Does your motor have a 5mm shaft? My stock Align motor had a 6mm shaft and it was pretty much impossible to find pinions for it except the ones that came in the kit.

Nick
Nick,
I have not put the calipers on there yet. When I do I'll let you know.

Glenn, I did not meet Finless. He was just there milling and taking videos/snaps of fliers and had his possie with him.

JPEE
Old 10-14-2009, 02:00 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

The muds ah-sliding over here in the rain, but near me.

Monday night coming home from my daughters the wife and I walk up the street to our car. There by the curb is a tower computer ME LIKIE! I opened the truck and my wife asks WHAT ARE YOU DOING, you not going to bring home that old computer are you? My fast reply HECK YES, I want the power supply. Well I just opened up the tower and took out the power supply. The 12 volt side has 15 amps........yahoo. It gets better, I checked to see if it would start without my normal 10 ohm load in line resistor to take it from standby to running mode and it RAN as is! No resistor needed! So I took the Thunder Power charger and put a 6 cell 5,000 mah and she click right along, DONE. Now I'll run over to Radio Shack and get another bag of banana posts receviers and WA-LA another free $69.00-79.00 dollar power supply to push chargers. Heck, I gave the last two away to friends. In the worst case with the resistor when needed and the banana ports it only cost me $8.00 on the fat side to make these things.

JPEE

Old 10-14-2009, 03:39 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear about your find. I wonder if they destroyed the hard drive?

Nick
Old 10-14-2009, 03:59 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Ya know I thought about that. I just did not want to check to see if it had been cleaned/formatted, the tower clearly had NOT been opened, I was the first. If I plugged it in and their information was there I would be tempted to peek. So I took the high road and gutted the PS real fast and ***** canned the rest after totalling the HD unit with a hammer.

JPEE
Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is good that you destroyed the hard drive for them.

Nick
Old 10-14-2009, 07:01 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well...I am REALLY beginning to dislike Align electronics....after my motor issue, then hearing about Ivan's servos....

Today, I went to fly the 450 Pro...and plugged the battery in, as usual...and...NOTHING!

So, I looked at the connections real close...can't see anything...grabbed my second pack, plugged it in....nothing..totally dead heli...

I packed it up, and flew the one pack I had in the B400.

Went home, tried again, just to be sure, pack #1, then pack #2......no go...

As a last resort, I grabbed a Rhino 1750, and tried that....boom! Power!!

Then, I grabbed the other two packs for the 450 (practically new 2200 HC packs), and they now power up fine...

Soooo....is it the ESC? Sure seems like it....although I guess there is a slight chance of a bad connection at the RX, or even a connection in the RX...but that doesn't seem likely...

I looked at the power connectors of the ESC real well....nothing there that I could see.

Guess I'll just hover it at low altitude for a pack or two and watch it....I don't trust it now...

I am thinking ESC, because this is identical to the B400 ESC I lost a few months back....same exact scenario...

Man, if it does end up being a bad ESC, that does not look good for Align electronics, at least the combo pack supplied ones...

I'll keep you guys posted....but don't look for any test results here....supposed to be rain for the next 5 days...clear through the weekend...[&o]

Good find on the PC/Power supply JPEE....glad you destoyed the HDD....I would have seen if it worked....LOL!

I have a few PC's I've gotten from thrift stores....and they still work! They have antique Windows '98 OS's....but they do work, and will connect to the internet, if necessary!!

Take care....Glenn
Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Keep trying until it doesn't connect again and then pull the throttle connector out and put a Voltmeter on the connector and see if anything is coming out.

Nick
Old 10-14-2009, 10:27 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that is what I'm going to have to do....if I want to be 100% sure...

I guess I'll see how it acts next time out...very strange...

It's a bit like the 500 ESC issue I had, that fixed itself...it wouldn't spool back up if the blades were spinning, like it had a safety start up or something....but then last time out, it would...

Who knows...I just wish it would either work, or not work, I really don't want it to NOT work in mid flight!!

The other strange ESC issue I have had forever is with the Eflite 40 amp...it will at times, cut off in mid spool up...then, if you return the throttle to zero, and try again, it will be OK, most times, sometimes it'll do it 2-3 times....but once in flight, it's fine, and never happens again..

Maybe it's time for a couple of CC ESC's....lol...

We'll see how it goes...

Thanks for the tip!

Glenn
Old 10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

This reminded me of a problem my airplane friend has with his E-Flite ESC. It seems to shut the motor off and on kind of fast around mid throttle. It won't do it at full throttle or very little throttle. It has me kind of stumped. I don't know if it is a hardware or firmware problem.

Nick
Old 10-14-2009, 11:04 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, this one is weird too...it will cut out completely about half throttle on a spool up. The only way to get it to start again is by resetting the throttle to zero, and starting over.

Sometimes, you can hear it stutter on the startup, if you spool it up fast enough, it seems to just go right through it, with just a blip of cut out.

Seems to do it more on a very slow startup/spoolup...if you go fast, it won't do it. Very intermittent.

The only good thing is it won't or hasn't done it mid flight yet...[X(] Seems once it's going, it's OK....

It's done it pretty much since day one. Over a year now....

Never have called Horizon or anything, just been living with it, kinda used to it now...lol...

Good luck with your friend's ESC.

Glenn
Old 10-15-2009, 10:48 AM
evdreamer

I got a new project on the way.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

LOL....give us a hint....

Are you going to smoke out your neighbors soon when you test this item?[X(]

Just a feeling....

Glenn
Old 10-15-2009, 02:28 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I just noticed your signature!!!

COOL!!!

When do you get it??

I can't wait to see your build vids, and the details!!

Glenn
Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I didn't get a shipment statement yet, but I am guessing it will arrive Monday or Tuesday. I will have to wait a couple of weeks before I can afford the servos, but I thought in the mean time I could build the heli. I decided to get a YS engine instead of an OS engine, so I hope that was a good choice. I wanted a trouble free heli if that is even possible with a Nitro and it looks like all the problems were taken care of with the first batch of helis. Then all the sponsered pilots and owners are on Helifreak helping customers and taking suggestions, so that is a plus.

My 450 parts came today and so did my electronics. However, I have to pick up the electronics from the post office some time.

Nick
Old 10-15-2009, 06:38 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Congrats on the new heli...I'm sure you will love it! Good to know they got the bugs mostly out of the new ones before you get yours...as with any new heli, there are going to be little bugs...

Rob really likes YS engines, he says he's had better luck with them than OS's....I have had and seen people have good luck with OS's....except for that one guy at my club field that had the bad regulator on the OS .91 with a fuel pump...

I think you'll be fine....just be prepared for a lot of time spent tuning, and tweaking......it's not quite plug-n-play like electrics, but the challenge can be fun...esp once you get some more experience with engine tuning...Rob, by his own admission, is not a good engine tuner...

I had pretty good luck when I was playing around with the Raptor...but it was still kinda tricky...gotta develop an ear for the way they sound...takes some time/practice, but you'll get it.

A huge help would be someone with lots of nitro experience, even plane engine experience to maybe give you some pointers...and of course there's lots of info online, and on HF...

The build should be alot of fun...hope you get time to post some pics...I was looking at the vids of it on Helidirect, looks like a nice kit, good manual, etc...

Have fun with the 450 in the meantime...

Rain, wind, cold here...[&o]

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.