Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:40 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

Yeah the neighbors were probably wondering what was going on.

Yeah I am use to Nitro helis now. The smoke and noise don't bother me like I thought it would. It is just messier fueling up the tank and takes a little longer to start it up than an electric. I tightened all the screws again and now most of them are torqued on pretty good and I won't have to worry about them backing out.

Nick
Old 10-29-2009, 07:47 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I'm still alive over here after my surgery....

All went very well, and the scary part, the anesthesia (for me, anywys) was great, they didn't even end up having to use a ventilator, so I don't have a sore throat...

I,ve got some nice pain killers here, Oxycodone, so I'm a bit lightheaded when I get up to go to take a pee, whichi is like someone turned a faucet on, have been vistiting the bathroom frequently, since they gave me a bunch of fluids through my I.V. [X(]

Overall, I am doing great compared to what I was expecting...

That's not to say I am comfortable, by any means....lol...I am fine, as long as I just DON"T MOVE....lol..[X(]

Nick,

Sounds like the Velicity is becoming a whole lot of fun!

I'll check back a bit later, falling asleep at the laptop at the moment...

Glenn
Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Glad everything went well..... Funny, because I was just thinking about ya not to long ago.... So are we gonna see some video action of you flying all drugged up ?? ! LMAO.... I hope not ! You always have G4 if you start getting the urge to fly.... [8D] Yeah, get some rest mister..... No drooling over the laptop and falling asleep there big guy. That's JPEE's job......... (LMAO)

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Glad everything went well..... Funny, because I was just thinking about ya not to long ago.... So are we gonna see some video action of you flying all drugged up ?? ! LMAO.... I hope not ! You always have G4 if you start getting the urge to fly.... [8D] Yeah, get some rest mister..... No drooling over the laptop and falling asleep there big guy. That's JPEE's job......... (LMAO)

Take care,

~ Jeff
HEY JEFF! YOU AH SAYING I AM AN OLD STICK OR SOMETHING?

Glad to hear your back with the living old friend Glenn. Sleep and drugs..........you lucky ba$tard!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:04 PM
9sec240

Glenn, great to hear you made it through fine. Thanks for keeping us updated. Get well soon.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear your back from surgery.

The Velocity is easily becoming my favorite heli. I was looking it over and it looks like the tank is rubbing on the frame. It looks like the pressure from the engine is pushing the tank out into the frame. I heard the YS engines could do that. I still have some more rubber spacers that I can use on the tank.

Nick
Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

It's great to be back already, I was figuring on the worst case, as usual, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared, I think the anticipation was worse than the actual event.

But, the pain is about as I imagined...pretty rough when the Oxycodone starts to wear off..

They must have given me about a gallon of IV fluids, been peeing all night...

Anyways, now I get to goof off for 2 weeks! As JPEE said, drugs, sleepin, eatin...lol...

Thanks again for all the well wishes and support...

Nick, glad you smoked up the neighborhood...lot's of fun!

Glad you are enjoying it, I was pretty excited with the Raptor, for the short period of time I had it in the air...since I had never flown anything that large, since the GMP Cobra days...

Hope you guys get some nice weather to fly this weekend...

Those guys at Phoenix are going non-stop, they just added an MSR, and a Parkzone Corsair to the fleet of helis you can fly!

Glenn
Old 10-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi everyone,

My gosh - so much happening in such little time!

First of all, Glenn -
Extremely glad to hear that your surgery is over and done with. Sorry you had to go through it but the worst is over and done with and heck, you get the fun of flying on the sim with some good drugs just for giggles - in a few days of course! Take care and take it easy.

Nick,
Wow, now your an official heli slimer, and neighbor annoyer! Major congrats on your Velocity, very nice looking bird.

JPEE,
I don't believe your an old sitck, just an ol'stick in the mud!! Just kiddin of course. Heck, Old sticks are those that sit around the flying field all day critiquing others landings and they especially don't fly heli's! Sorry to hear about your 600 wind incident. Hate that feeling. I'm sure you'll have her back before too long.

Been busy with the little one but still getting some flying time in the mornings after work. Really having a blast with the CPP2 and finally got the rex 450 repaired and flying again after my last crash several weeks ago. Glad to see everyone doing great and happy flying!

Mark
Old 10-30-2009, 05:14 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

You guys better mark this day on the calendar!!!!!!!!!!! I beat JPEE up this morning!!!

Actually been "up" for about half an hour...lol..the last time I was up this early was when I was building the 500...and pulled an all nighter...LMAO!

Thanks for the well wishes Mark, good to hear from you again, I can understand, the little one comes first!

Nick, let's smoke up the neighborhood some more this weekend...lol..reminds me of when I was in the baseball park tuning the Raptor, there is a play area for the kids there, I was so engrossed in the Raptor, and setting it up, I didn't notice that I had completly filled the kiddie area with smoke, and the kids and parents as well...[X(]

Better be careful in this day and age....about a year ago, we had a customer at work with a CX-7 that had a bad turbo, was smoking out of the tailpipe pretty good...she was threatening to sue us and Mazda for "lung damage" to her 2-3 year old son....true story!!!

Feeling pretty good so far today...no issues, just following doctor's orders...smooth sailing...

Speaking of the Dr, I was quite amazed when he gave me a call on the phone last night, to check on how I was coming along, at about 7:30...[X(]

I was pretty amazed, didn't expect that....not in this day and age! Everyone told me he is a great guy, and surgeon, and now I can see why...

I'm sure I'll be back later on.....not going anywhere...now, where is that USB extension cable, so I can do some Phoenix on the 52"LCD?? LOL!!

Glenn
Old 10-30-2009, 07:02 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The weather is going to be really good this weekend, so I plan on flying Saturday and Sunday.

What is it like waking up early.

I was flying below my fence line and the smoke kind of stayed in that area. I won't normally fly in my backyard, but I just wanted to make sure everything stayed together where I could fix it instead of going to the field and not be able to fix it.

That is good you are feeling better. That is cool your doctor called you.

Have fun on the sim.

Mark,

Good to hear you are enjoying the helis.

Nick
Old 10-30-2009, 08:25 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys,

You guys better mark this day on the calendar!!!!!!!!!!! I beat JPEE up this morning!!!

Actually been ''up'' for about half an hour...lol..the last time I was up this early was when I was building the 500...and pulled an all nighter...LMAO!

Thanks for the well wishes Mark, good to hear from you again, I can understand, the little one comes first!

Nick, let's smoke up the neighborhood some more this weekend...lol..reminds me of when I was in the baseball park tuning the Raptor, there is a play area for the kids there, I was so engrossed in the Raptor, and setting it up, I didn't notice that I had completly filled the kiddie area with smoke, and the kids and parents as well...[X(]

Better be careful in this day and age....about a year ago, we had a customer at work with a CX-7 that had a bad turbo, was smoking out of the tailpipe pretty good...she was threatening to sue us and Mazda for ''lung damage'' to her 2-3 year old son....true story!!!

Feeling pretty good so far today...no issues, just following doctor's orders...smooth sailing...

Speaking of the Dr, I was quite amazed when he gave me a call on the phone last night, to check on how I was coming along, at about 7:30...[X(]

I was pretty amazed, didn't expect that....not in this day and age! Everyone told me he is a great guy, and surgeon, and now I can see why...

I'm sure I'll be back later on.....not going anywhere...now, where is that USB extension cable, so I can do some Phoenix on the 52''LCD?? LOL!!

Glenn
Well Glenn glad to hear your doing so well. Well you may have well gotten up before me today at what looks like 3 a.m. , but it is 6:15 a.m. here and I am leaving for the Park now. Gonna test the 600!!! See how good my work is LMAO.
I'll check back later to tell you how it went. Going to try some new curves a guy gave me.
JPEE
Old 10-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Scotts CP

Glenn,
Very happy to hear you are doing so well! Take your drugs as you are instructed, get some rest, and fly the sim.
Tell me, if you turn your head real fast does it take a few seconds for your eyes to catch up?

Nick,
Sorry it has taken me so long to answer you, but.. I have an MCX (x2), a CPP2 and a B400.
Only been flying helicopters off and on since January of this year but I have been trading emails with Mr. Rotary Doc for many of those months. Early on I was asking advice about the CPP2 but we seem to know a bit more about each other than just heli's. Kind of a long distance pen pal as I am not too far away from J-Michael.

Have a great weekend everybody,
Scott

Edit: I guess I need to get the names straight before I start dropping them..sorry!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:23 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Good luck with the 600 rebuild test flight, hope all is well...

I guess it does show 3AM your time, it was 6AM here...

Scott,

Thanks for the encouragement, all is still well so far. I am getting a real appreciation for just how long 24 hours can be...lol...seems like days since my surgery was over...

Yeah, this stuff makes ya feel kinda disconnected, for sure...I sure wouldn't want to fly any helis in real life like this...I keep nodding off at the laptop, and when I'm trying to read stuff, and of course when watching TV...

I have about 20 or so old RC Heli magazines here to read, bought them from a nice gentleman at my club, from 2007-2008...pretty interesting, reading back in time, before I even got the CX2...I didn't realize for example, that Align is so new to nitro helis...was reading the first test of the Trex 600 nitro when it first came out in '07...

Kinda hobbling around, for sure, but it's getting better, slowly. Ice packs help alot!

See ya guys later on...

Glenn
Old 10-30-2009, 01:12 PM
J-MICHAEL

Hi everyone,

My gosh - so much happening in such little time!

First of all, Glenn -
Extremely glad to hear that your surgery is over and done with. Sorry you had to go through it but the worst is over and done with and heck, you get the fun of flying on the sim with some good drugs just for giggles - in a few days of course! Take care and take it easy.

Nick,
Wow, now your an official heli slimer, and neighbor annoyer! Major congrats on your Velocity, very nice looking bird.

JPEE,
I don't believe your an old sitck, just an ol'stick in the mud!! Just kiddin of course. Heck, Old sticks are those that sit around the flying field all day critiquing others landings and they especially don't fly heli's! Sorry to hear about your 600 wind incident. Hate that feeling. I'm sure you'll have her back before too long.

Been busy with the little one but still getting some flying time in the mornings after work. Really having a blast with the CPP2 and finally got the rex 450 repaired and flying again after my last crash several weeks ago. Glad to see everyone doing great and happy flying!

Mark

Mark ~

Good to see ya check in..... Funny how sometimes we all kinda will veer off for a bit, but always end up checking up on everything back here... JPEE, Glenn, and Nick are what keep the thread afloat for sure... Hope ya have been getting some stick time in at least... Maybe soon ya can get to fly your CPP2 like Jose does in the video below soon eh...?? ! [8D] That thing is just sick ! I've been conversing with him on paddles with the Trex 450, and he uses AXE CP paddles that are 2.5g's a piece on this CPP2 also. He used the AXE padds on his older 450 before with a -8 Scorpion and it was ballistic ! Me likey........

On the 450 pro, with the stock motor and pinion at 100% I like the stock paddles, Thats with the cyclic at maximum. Thats a 3600rpm at center stick. With the old 450, I needed the axe cp paddles. Never tirrd the K and B's. Also i have not tried the CYE either. Recently i got a set of Thunder power blades and i like them. They are longer then the aligns so they are a little faster on collective, and more stable. However i did loose a little but of roll rate. but not much. So far i like them the best, and i like the align carbons that come with the Pro #2.

That video of my 450, was me flying after 1 year of flying.

Heres an old video of my cp pro with the axe cp paddles. I need to make a new one. I fly it better now.

T-rex 500 NEU 1706H/1.5y

T-rex 600ESP HP Aluminum Frame NEU 1915 1y 12S

Blade CP PRO, Steve Neu Neutron 4200 , CC25,Medusa 12mm(tail),TB9, 401.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iGbvf7B0JM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iGbvf7B0JM[/youtube]

That CPP2 sounds like a pissed off bee....!

Glenn ~

How many fingers am I holding up................??? ! Glad your feeling a bit better and all.... No matter how much JPEE begs, don't be sending him any of them drugs from the doc....
Old 10-30-2009, 03:08 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Watch putting ice on the surgery zone, if you get it close to Mr. Winkie you'll need the long tweaser's.... LOL. Truly, I am glad you feeling overall better every day my friend.

Well I just darted 401 at the Park. It was acting weird and for the past week I have had to reconnect the battery twice to get the gyro to take. YES I did re-bind but that was no help. I had done a few flips and side rolls and she was tough to handle. Then I got off a bit and and she would not hardly respond, she wont not accept any rudder commands for the tail .I am thinking the gryo is gone, either then or now with the hole in its side LMAO! Then again it still might be ok too.........we'll see later.

A surprise. I had the 600 all dialed in yesterday hovering in the garage. However, today the tracking was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out. So I set it and then it went out again. Stupid is, is stupid does, I have been here before and with a second look I found my blade grips are squishy in the head. I am going out for new bearings and black dampners and that should take care of the problem.

The 500 was like a Swiss Watch, that puppy has to be my all time favorite heli.

JPEE
Old 10-30-2009, 03:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Quit darting those B-400's mister........! Dang, sorry to hear of it though.... Eh.... +1 on the Trex 500, she is always reliable huh ?

Glenn ~

A "must have" gadget for your collection by Align :

http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...roducts_id=187
Old 10-30-2009, 03:48 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That vid reminded me of the GWS motor days when Glenn and I had them on our CPP's. I wonder how much he spent upgrading the CPP2.

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about your 400 and 600. That is good your 500 is reliable. That is always a good thing to have at least one reliable heli in your fleet to count on.

Nick
Old 10-30-2009, 03:51 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

LOL on the ice JPEE....[X(]

Sorry you ended up plowing the field...what gyro is/was on the B400?

Hope you can get it and the 600 straight...yeah, I feel the same way with my 450 Pro, it is just sooo sweet to fly after the B400's...not that the B400's are bad, they are just not that GOOD...

I just had a stock Eflite G110 die on me if you remember....that's why I am curious...I'm all out of warranty with Horizon...so not much I can do with it...basically a paperweight...

Jeff,

LOL on the finger count....it's not quite that bad...but as I said, I sure wouldn't go flying like this..[X(]

And JPEE isn't getting any of my good drugs!! They are nice to have around...if I have any left over, that is...lol..

That is amazing video of that CPP2...wonder if the tail motor is stock? It sure is getting a workout with that pilot!!

Glenn
Old 10-30-2009, 05:16 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I just got done with my first full tank on the Velocity. It is a little chilly, but it is holding up good. I put my smaller KBDD tail blades on because my gain is pretty low and the longer tail isn't helping that any. I might test that today if not tomorrow. It sure is fun flying a lot longer. I was joking with the Nitro guys that I might not be able to concentrate long enough with a nitro compared to the short electric flights.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:30 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nitro guys that I might not be able to concentrate long enough with a nitro compared to the short electric flights.

You might have to get a chair from the longer flight times.....! Not fair !
Old 10-30-2009, 06:09 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Well I just went to go fly again, but the engine wouldn't start. So there are some drawbacks. I think the glow starter is the problem. I put a Voltmeter on it and the Voltage was kind of low. It looks like my lead acid battery will last all day starting the engine, so I might need to get a glow starter that can hook up to the lead battery. It also seems like my receiver battery will only last two flights.

Nick
Old 10-30-2009, 06:51 PM
evdreamer

Hey Jeff, guess how long my second flight was!

14min running super rich!!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:49 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds cool on the Velocity, wow, 14 minutes is very long even for a nitro... Is the fuel tank larger than most .50's?

Sorry it wouldn't start for ya....welcome to the downside of nitros, as you know...hopefully, it's just the glow starter/battery that's keeping it from starting for ya...

What type of glow starter do you have now? I'm guessing that it is one of those that has a 1.5v ni cad attached to it, and then clips on?

Way back in the GMP Cobra days, I had the full blown wooden field box, with power panel, electric fuel pump, and the whole bit...worked out pretty well...

Hope you can get the starting figured out, and have some more fun this weekend!

Glenn
Old 10-30-2009, 10:51 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys,

LOL on the ice JPEE....[X(]

Sorry you ended up plowing the field...what gyro is/was on the B400?

Hope you can get it and the 600 straight...yeah, I feel the same way with my 450 Pro, it is just sooo sweet to fly after the B400's...not that the B400's are bad, they are just not that GOOD...

I just had a stock Eflite G110 die on me if you remember....that's why I am curious...I'm all out of warranty with Horizon...so not much I can do with it...basically a paperweight...

Jeff,

LOL on the finger count....it's not quite that bad...but as I said, I sure wouldn't go flying like this..[X(]

And JPEE isn't getting any of my good drugs!! They are nice to have around...if I have any left over, that is...lol..

That is amazing video of that CPP2...wonder if the tail motor is stock? It sure is getting a workout with that pilot!!

Glenn
Well boys let me tell you story that shows you never stop learning.

The short story is; on the 400's and 500's both J-screws for the main gears and head block are the same "length" NOT in the 600! Tonight while rebuilding the head with new o-rings and thrust washers I noticed the head block j-screw was not flush with the aircraft nut. I looked down at the main gear and saw that screw sticking through 1/8". What happened is........ when I pulled the heli apart and then replaced/installed the screws back in I was on my side with the driver. As I pushed through and the nut grabbed I thought ok I am done and tight! I had about 2 threads in the top nut!.......that could have been catastrophic. So in the 600 the J-screws are different lengths, who-da thought?

Anyways, the blade grips are now much tighter and hopefully I will be able to set the tracking and have it stay in place tomorrow morning.

The 400-1 is toast and this is just what I can see,
1. Boom
2. Boom struts
3. Flybar
4. Frame
5. Main shaft
6. Maybe the 401 gyro, it has a hole bashed in the side.

I am not sure but it looks like the CNC head and tail box were unhurt, perhaps tomorrow afternoon I'll tinker.

Nick, man you had some fun at first. Heck though I am sorry the heli would not re-start. Man, like the guys said....get an chair for those flights once she is leaned out.

GLENN, THESE ARE IN THE MAIL FOR YOU SO YOU CAN "HANDLE" THINGS![sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

JPEE out!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48748.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	1305258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17717.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	1305259   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27705.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	1305260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl26460.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	1305261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xj63232.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	1305262  
Old 10-30-2009, 11:05 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't have anything to compare the tanks with. All I know is it is a pretty good size tank. I still had some fuel left, but I wasn't high enough to pull a good auto off just in case.

Yeah it was the glow starter. Once I charged it up a little the engine started right away. Yeah it uses a Ni-Cd that twists on the remote glow plug.

I put the KBDD tail blades on and that made the heli fly a lot better. I was able to bump up the gain.

I am expecting the field to be pretty much empty tomorrow because of Halloween, so I hope to get a lot of flight time in.

JPEE,

Good luck with the 600.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.