Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:14 PM
ARD178

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

I JUST BOUGHT a x1x rtr jammin and it´s was great until today. the engine with aparently no reason became impossible to start and the 2 or 3 times that i got it going i would not las more than half a tank and became impossible to start again, i really like this car but today it was very frustrating, i changed the glow plug, i used different glow igniter and every body at the track try to help without any succes, the engine got less than half a galon of use and it is got good compresion, so the problem should be the carburator tuning or somehting, so if you guys can give some tuning tips for the carb and other stuff it would really be a lot of help for me. thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 07:28 AM
docphysics

So the engine is new or used? Try Spinning the flywheel counter clockwise with your hand. Is it easy to turn the engine over with your hand? To me it sounds like your engine has lost compression. But the engine should have last for a few gallons, not just a half gallon. If that's not it, it must be the carb. Go back to the factory settings and try from there.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:30 AM
riverat1540

I think its time to cnvert to brushless

Old 04-19-2009, 10:07 PM
ARD178

it´s a new engine and it has a good compresion so that´s not the problem, and the thing with factory settings it´s that i run my car in about 1000 meters of altitud with 27 c temp so the factory settings are made for sea label altitud and they don´t work at this altitud. i think the problem it´s an air leak or maybe dirt got into he carburator because i don´t have a fuel filter, but in both cases i don´t know how to fix them. how do i clean it in case it´s the dirt problem, and how do i found an air leak?

pd: thanks and sorry about my english.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
ARD178

i don´t really like electric trucks but thanks for the advice.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Turboprop130

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a tuning issue. Put the carb needles back to factory settings and then lean each out a quater of a turn for altitude. If you have an air leak the motor would run real hot and your high speed needle setting would be super rich trying to compensate for the leak. If you don't have a hand held temp guage for tuning I would buy one and a fuel filter. Also make sure your air filter is clean and oiled. If the motor runs that's a good sign, but if won't stay running it's got to be a leak or tuning problem. I hope this helps you.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:17 AM
ridgerunner1

If your running that without a filter the first thing i would do is tear the engine and cab apart and clean and inspect it real good and seal it up as you put it back together and don't run it till you get a filter on it, The engine ant going to last long with dirt get into the piston and sleve and carb.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:58 AM
ARD178

yes i now that now and i wont run it without the filter anymore. what should i use to clean it?. actually i´m going to put two filters like many cars i have seen hear.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:03 AM
docphysics

You can use homemade nitro cleaner: 15 oz. simple green, 15 oz. denatured alcohol, 0.5 oz WD-40. Works great!
Old 04-10-2020, 05:49 AM
gavalarrr82

Hi all, hope your safe and well?

I'm currently rebuilding my Hong Nor X1CRT Pro and looking for some replacement gaskets for my Diffs, predictably the original HN J-03C replacements are sold out everywhere excluding rc-willpower but these wouldn't be delivered to the UK till June .

Does anyone know if any other gaskets from other manufacturers that would fit. Looking at the photos on rc-willpower it says the internal dimensions are 20.00mm, external are 31.42mm, thickness isn't shown.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:52 PM
BlackWolf42
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by gavalarrr82
Hi all, hope your safe and well?

I'm currently rebuilding my Hong Nor X1CRT Pro and looking for some replacement gaskets for my Diffs, predictably the original HN J-03C replacements are sold out everywhere excluding rc-willpower but these wouldn't be delivered to the UK till June .

Does anyone know if any other gaskets from other manufacturers that would fit. Looking at the photos on rc-willpower it says the internal dimensions are 20.00mm, external are 31.42mm, thickness isn't shown.

Most of the OFNA diffs were the same size back then. This is just a guess as I have no way to verify this anymore but, I'm almost certain that the X1CRT diffs were the same cases as the Ofna Hyper7 (PCR or original). I no longer have my X1 or Hyper car parts bins otherwise I'd verify that for you. The gasket thickness is pretty much (was pretty much) standard on the Ofna vehicles back then.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:05 AM
gavalarrr82

Originally Posted by BlackWolf42
Most of the OFNA diffs were the same size back then. This is just a guess as I have no way to verify this anymore but, I'm almost certain that the X1CRT diffs were the same cases as the Ofna Hyper7 (PCR or original). I no longer have my X1 or Hyper car parts bins otherwise I'd verify that for you. The gasket thickness is pretty much (was pretty much) standard on the Ofna vehicles back then.
​​​​​​Thanks for the reply, from looking online it looks the hyper 7s had a larger o-ring on the outside edge of diff casing rather than a gasket. Unless these are an upgraded diff casing.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:07 AM
gavalarrr82

Hey, anyone know of an alternative replacement for the servo saver adjuster screw (part no OFNA 40034) as mine has threading while rebuilding my X1CRT at the weekend. looking for stock in the UK