Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Thanks for the Vid, Rick. It will debut on the Badius site soon.

Crash, that is far more indepth than I am. I am somewhat varied in my regular music, but for videos i have different goals. I want some that builds and crests in at least a tenor(?) range, is potentially emotive a quality of either the flight or the bird, and at least sort of fit the video time slot. I really want to use Mangione's "Feels so good", but the shortest version I have found is 9 minutes long. That sounds like a day at the field compilation video. Which may happen this Summer.

Tim
Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Thanks for the Vid, Rick. It will debut on the Badius site soon.

Crash, that is far more indepth than I am. I am somewhat varied in my regular music, but for videos i have different goals. I want some that builds and crests in at least a tenor(?) range, is potentially emotive a quality of either the flight or the bird, and at least sort of fit the video time slot. I really want to use Mangione's "Feels so good", but the shortest version I have found is 9 minutes long. That sounds like a day at the field compilation video. Which may happen this Summer.

Tim

Some people LUCK OUT when picking music for their flight videos. If you put in the flying style, type R/C plane or heli...it's HARD to pick the right piece to make it all work. Jay's P-51....the music really worked with it pretty good (WWII boogie woogie boys of company C).
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Crash, this makes me wonder if you didn't like the music for the Bug.[][]. I do every video by what I like. The SSX vid had Silent Lucidity as the song at first. It didn't work, so Rush's "Discovery" a personal favorite and a regular song for plane, took it's place. And Heli's, damn, I have to figure tune other than flight of the what's its. My favorite for the Heli is Godzilla.

Tim
Old 03-18-2009, 10:10 PM
crashcrash

Crash, this makes me wonder if you didn't like the music for the Bug.[][]. I do every video by what I like. The SSX vid had Silent Lucidity as the song at first. It didn't work, so Rush's "Discovery" a personal favorite and a regular song for plane, took it's place. And Heli's, damn, I have to figure tune other than flight of the what's its. My favorite for the Heli is Godzilla.

Tim
Naaaawwwwww....never gave it a second though so the music worked for the bug. If it enhances the video enough for me to watch all the way through...it works (LMAO).
Old 03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Now, see, that is an interesting response. I'll have to figure out suitable Heli tunes for videos..

Tim
Old 03-18-2009, 10:53 PM
crashcrash

Now, see, that is an interesting response. I'll have to figure out suitable Heli tunes for videos..

Tim
If a video has good music that captures the flights personality....it's a mood while yer watching and can be very relaxing.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:54 PM
theradioflyer

Hey Tim, you've got the helmet cam thing down. I need more practice. You may want to add some wheels to the wing tips
As far as music in a video goes I try to put what I like in and hope everyone else likes it too. I have quite a list of songs on the computer to chose from so after I edit the video I go and look for a song with the same duration. Sometimes I add a title or credit to the video to give it a few more seconds for the song I've selected, as I did for the P-51 video because I wanted that particular song.

Rick and Vic, great videos indeed.

Blessings,

Jay
Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Jay, Here is my secret, align the lens in the center, facing forward. The next issue is how to get Heli hovering on pixel. And Music is always a choice. A chantuese may do the same thing.

Tim
Old 03-18-2009, 11:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

There's been a Hughes spotted in the St. Louis area... Kinda by Vic's place... [8D]

Old 03-18-2009, 11:42 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

There's been a Hughes spotted in the St. Louis area... Kinda by Vic's place... [8D]

LMAO.....I'm a real classy photographer aren't I? I need a new camera....wife broke ours, I have a heck of a time learning my daughters camera.[X(]
Old 03-20-2009, 09:51 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

LMAO.....I'm a real classy photographer aren't I? I need a new camera....wife broke ours, I have a heck of a time learning my daughters camera.[X(]
Maybe let the dog take the pic?

Still working on getting the Sukhoi fixed, been working and also trying to fight off one of the worst colds I have had in 10 years. (I am actually taking cold medicine which I NEVER do!) Funny thing about my sukhoi, I sent an email request to Cermark explaining my motor box failure in flight and what they suggested..........HINT: send me a new fuse! Well, after posting my query to them I went to the web page on their site and clicked on the media link for the Sukhoi and of all things.......whose video is posted on thier site? You guessed it, yeppers..........it was mine. What kind of leverage you think that gives a guy? [link=http://www.cermark.com/products/Cermark-EP%252d49%2C-Electric-Power-49%22%2C-Series-Sukhoi%252d26-ARF.html]Click on the media link in the center of the page![/link] My flying buddy, Bill also gave me a Filton Extra 260 with motor and all servos, just need a 40A ESC and RX. I will be working on that as well this weekend. Also on the building bench is the Corsair .60 size as well as the PZ J-3 Cub which is turned into a L-4 grasshopper.

Weather here has been windy and raining with bouts of snow, not even close to flyable. Not even good enough to go outside and hover the helis either. I am starting to get the heebie jeebies from sitting and waiting. been working on my flying skillz on the sim quite a bit and am using more wind blowing across the runway to try and hone in my landings. Other than just a couple things to do...life is quite boring here as usual, but things will get pretty exciting this summer.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
crashcrash

Arrow, your cold......yer gitt'in OLD man. Cold will kick yer butt as time goes on. I'm the guy who gets flu/penumonia shots every fall. Get better soon eh?

I thought it was funny they used your post to promo their plane (think these guys ain't watching their products?).

I look forward to you getting the cub going with ailerons and a brushless gig....I get excited thinking about it....it should be a TON of fun.

I did ask my dog to take the picture for me....she showed her teeth and growled at me....no more table scraps for her darnnit.

Yesterday, I installed a brand new full CNC head on my EXI-450...it's perfect. The only problem I have with it is that I can't see ANY difference between the CNC head, and the OEM EXI head....it's perfect too (LMAO). Tells me a couple things. First, my setup was real good with the OEM head, and second, the OEM head is REAL good too. I do got a full CNC tail comming for it also but the OEM tail box on the EXI isn't really great. It works, but some people have had them explode in flight....I never had that happen.

I retired the white F-16 after a hard landing (it was repairable), but it's pretty beat and tired so I transferred everything over to the gray F-16. I won't maiden it till there's zero wind and the temp is above 55 deg....that might be a few days.

Check in once it a while guy....we love to read your exploits.

OK...I got the CNC head outdoor, now I can see the difference/improvement. I had to drop he D/R down from 125% to 100% on ele/ail because it's now very touchy and responsive, so there is a BIG difference to the better.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Arrow, are you getting this alaskan storm as well? No news on the T-Rex, I should hear more tonight. I did get my Optic 6 back from Hitec.

Tim
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the latest attempt of me flying Belt Cp 20Mar09 Temp 52, wind 3mph. Nice easy flight trying to figure out tail vibrations(not gyro)I was flying with G90 gyro in rate mode. My DX6i doesn't like the G90 in HH mode(still trying to fine tune it). Middle of video is the 1st time I have tried to fly in Idle up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVb8TUpdQ5M&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
Old 03-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Wnuk

Nice video Kyle. You are improving with each new one I see, keep it up.

Crash- Whose head did you put on EXI? Thanks for the reply in the PM I sent earlier this week. (You too Jay) I've been too busy to reply or post much.

Well for now I bought the parts I needed to repair the B400. My wife tells me this is the year we take the kids to Disney so I'm holding off on spending too much on my helis. But I am tired of breaking the landing skid tabs off of the frame each time it goes in hard[:'(]

Off to NYC early tomorrow morning. Going to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the World Trade Center Site. I haven't been to the cty in years and I've never driven there before so tomorrow ought to be a real treat I hate big city driving.[&o]

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jim
Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 PM
theradioflyer

Jim, Have a safe trip and enjoy

Kyle, great vid. It's good to see I'm not the only one who flies with body language to steer the heli That's another reason I have a hard time with the helmet cam because I tilt my head with the plane or heli

Blessings,

Jay
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Kyle, great vid. It's good to see I'm not the only one who flies with body language to steer the heli That's another reason I have a hard time with the helmet cam because I tilt my head with the plane or heli

Blessings,

Jay
LMAO....almost everyone does that I think....I really do it with planes and it gets complicated when I do loops and rolls.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:37 PM
theradioflyer

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Blessings,

Jay
LMAO....almost everyone does that I think....I really do it with planes and it gets complicated when I do loops and rolls.
LMAO

You should see me when I watch a video of being in the cockpit like the video Rick last posted. I lean all over the place and I don't even mean too. My wife laughs everytime and tired to video me once when I was doing it
Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Kyle your video is loading.

Here's a vid of the Vapor on a dsm2 module outside. I don't think I flew it over 80' high, but that's a lot for a Vapor.

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...0Vapor%202.wmv

Tim

I hope you guys haven't infected me, I did the body english thin with games, but it never occurred to me to do that with planes and Helis. Tim
Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 PM
crashcrash

Kyle your video is loading.

Here's a vid of the Vapor on a dsm2 module outside. I don't think I flew it over 80' high, but that's a lot for a Vapor.

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...0Vapor%202.wmv

Tim

I hope you guys haven't infected me, I did the body english thin with games, but it never occurred to me to do that with planes and Helis. Tim
Could you get anymore POWERLINES in there......LMAO
Old 03-20-2009, 10:33 PM
theradioflyer

Tim, nice catch to get the battery back on board[8D] Now you have to figure out how to disable the house magnet. I wouldn't even know where to start because I'm still working on the tree magnets around here

Blessings,

Jay
Old 03-21-2009, 03:55 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

What is not in the video is behind the carriage house is an un fenced yard. It creates a wind tunnel straight into that house.

The power lines aren't that bad, but they look terrible in videos

Tim
Old 03-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

[>:]

EXPERIENCING FRUSTRATION in the first degree !

The HUGHES ( T - Rex ) flew today....at the field, in the hands of our topmost Expert to fine tune
and set-up for perfect performance. And he did get perfect performance too..!
With my new SAMSUNG camcorder I took the whole session in and that also came out great.
NOW : with this new Cam... it seems I am not able to find the way to transfer into the PC.....
it seems EVERYTHING needed is here, cables, etc.....but there is a special SOFTWARE for this brand that is IN the PC already but I
can't figure out how to "activate it".... hence : FRUSTRATION.

The HUGHES is flying great. ONLY, I am inhibited still and will try to get more proficient flying the other TREX.
and with advise from CRASH, best still to use the HBK 2 to get some more practice time.
In the FS>4.5 SIM I am already proficient with flips, inverted and Autos....... OF COURSE : "" in the SIM !!! """ [&o]
onward thru the spring FOGS.
RICK

here's the HUGHES following 5 great flights, today !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62692.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1162710  
Old 03-21-2009, 08:17 PM
crashcrash

Old 03-22-2009, 12:36 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Rick, isn't that livery from that Hawaiin outfit?

Tim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.