Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:43 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

LMAO!!!! I used to be a huge G.I. Joe nut! I had just about every guy and vehicle

Blessings,

Jay
You know your still playing with them when no ones looking....LMAO...
Nope... I blew them all to smithereens with different stuff. Some of those tough guys were even taken out with a pellet gun I can't imagine what some of the toys I had back then would be worth now.

Kyle, Holy Smokes... Voltron. That is a name I haven't thought about in years. I had all of the Thundercats as well in 2 different sizes. All would transform and make the mighty Voltron. Wow, that just took me back in time[8D]

Hey Vic, I think that company of guys are looking for a ride in the Hughes or are you providing cover for them, LOL

Jim, it's a good thing to pick up in work now and days. Plenty of time for fun. It sounds like your kid might want to be a future aviator. That's the same way I got hooked. My Dad flew all of the time and I cried when he wouldn't take me with him

I'm headed to the Weak Signals Toledo show tomorrow!!! I'll be taking plenty of pictures and browsing the latest stuff. I'll try to get some pics on the thread. I've got a list of things I want and the permission from the wife to get them[8D]

Blessings,

Jay

LMAO....Voltron and Thundercats.....stuff I bought for my son YEARS ago....he's almost 30.

I bought those guys pictured a couple years ago. The sailor is a re-make of the original, the other two are high quality knock offs, the Jeep ("1940's MB") and the bike (Indian) are other stuff I picked up in a retro rage I had. I also got a mini Sinclair gas pump, and a "lost in space robot". It's kinda weird that I went through that retro rage of buying crap from my past. NOW if I could find a cherry aqua colored 1964 Impala....I'd be all over it (LMAO). I guess I do need to clean that stuff up and pack it away for the grandson.....I sure don't need it.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 PM
choppersrule

You guys are to fast and to furious, I can't keep up... Been busy with STUFF. Just checking in here.

My Blade 400 and the HBK 2 are doing fine and well, couldn't be happier with them. I did dump the HBK 3 the other night, and blew out a servo (stripped gears, no biggie there, had a gear set to fix it) Also, the main gear had stripped teeth, I had spares for the HBK 2 and Low and Behold they are identical. Got that repalced and I'm good to go. Bad part, is that I don't have any READY blades for it.
I have a host of old woodies laying around. I stripped all the mono-cote off them. I weighed each one, WOW, what a difference in weight. I'm gonna primer them and paint them tomorrow, Just for stuff to do. And get 'er back a flyin'.
I also received a AR6100e RX, from our pal Vic, to put in the HBK 3. Can't wait to do that. Can't believe how light the AR6100e is. Checks in at 4.4 grams. I mentioned a few times, 1 gram is the equivelant of a dollar bill. YIKES!

See a couple pics.

God Bless ya all,

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86893.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1172804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70542.jpg
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1172805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66377.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1172806  
Old 04-04-2009, 09:11 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

You guys are to fast and to furious, I can't keep up... Been busy with STUFF. Just checking in here.

My Blade 400 and the HBK 2 are doing fine and well, couldn't be happier with them. I did dump the HBK 3 the other night, and blew out a servo (stripped gears, no biggie there, had a gear set to fix it) Also, the main gear had stripped teeth, I had spares for the HBK 2 and Low and Behold they are identical. Got that repalced and I'm good to go. Bad part, is that I don't have any READY blades for it.
I have a host of old woodies laying around. I stripped all the mono-cote off them. I weighed each one, WOW, what a difference in weight. I'm gonna primer them and paint them tomorrow, Just for stuff to do. And get 'er back a flyin'.
I also received a AR6100e RX, from our pal Vic, to put in the HBK 3. Can't wait to do that. Can't believe how light the AR6100e is. Checks in at 4.4 grams. I mentioned a few times, 1 gram is the equivelant of a dollar bill. YIKES!

See a couple pics.

God Bless ya all,

Dave

LMAO....you got LOTS of work to do.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

To windy to fly down in Southern Cali as Jeff calls it.

Jim, I just read the post regarding your young son coming down to the basement...............OMG what a wonderful moment to have shared.
After reading your post and talking about coating your 400 blades yellow, I asked my LHS what I would need to do that too. HOLY COW no thanks. They told me you have to be GREAT with the mono coat and the heat gun. If I did planes and such like some of you guys then yes, a personal growth is good, but just for blades, I can buyum for $13.00 and fly.

Hey Dave you Chopper...........got any blades for sale CHEAP postage included.... LMAO! You will need to pull a Permit from the Carpenters Local to have that much wood.........what did I jsut say? Daves got wood?
I have blades come from Eflite for the 400s and have been so far off like some of your my LHS took them back.

Crash and Jay stay safe! Mr. Barrrick aka Rick, fly that yellow chopper will ya.......smiles
JPEE
Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hello Guys,

To windy to fly down in Southern Cali as Jeff calls it.

Jim, I just read the post regarding your young son coming down to the basement...............OMG what a wonderful moment to have shared.
After reading your post and talking about coating your 400 blades yellow, I asked my LHS what I would need to do that too. HOLY COW no thanks. They told me you have to be GREAT with the mono coat and the heat gun. If I did planes and such like some of you guys then yes, a personal growth is good, but just for blades, I can buyum for $13.00 and fly.

Hey Dave you Chopper...........got any blades for sale CHEAP postage included.... LMAO! You will need to pull a Permit from the Carpenters Local to have that much wood.........what did I jsut say? Daves got wood?
I have blades come from Eflite for the 400s and have been so far off like some of your my LHS took them back.

Crash and Jay stay safe! Mr. Barrrick aka Rick, fly that yellow chopper will ya.......smiles
JPEE
My son is 30...we've been doing R/C planes since he was 6 or 7...it's cool to have your son into it....even my grandson who is 5 "wants to fly the jet" LMAO, and loves it when I fly the .40 gasser.

Rick CANT fly the yellow heli.....I got his DX7....LMAO.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:29 PM
theradioflyer

Hi All!

I had a wonderful day at the Weak Signals Toledo show today! The weather couldn't have been more perfect for a 2.5 hr drive and the show itself was spectacular. It's seemed a little more scaled back than years past but it was still amazing. Vendors as far as the eye could see and deals beyond that. I picked up so many great items that were well below internet prices and I didn't have to pay shipping[8D] I am also the proud owner of an new 3Dhobbyshop.com 40" wingspan Edge540 in green http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/detail.aspx?ID=2407 I already have it 50% completed So many deals and so many beautiful scale planes on display. I was disappointed to see only one scale heli but There was also a turbine heli sitting next to it to make up for the few. I'll upload some photos tomorrow or Monday.

If you've never been to one of these trade shows I highly recommend it. You get to see so much more than what the internet shows and also hold the stuff in your hands... priceless[8D]

I hope all the BOB's had a great weekend!

Blessings,

Jay
Old 04-05-2009, 12:19 AM
crashcrash

Hi All!

I had a wonderful day at the Weak Signals Toledo show today! The weather couldn't have been more perfect for a 2.5 hr drive and the show itself was spectacular. It's seemed a little more scaled back than years past but it was still amazing. Vendors as far as the eye could see and deals beyond that. I picked up so many great items that were well below internet prices and I didn't have to pay shipping[8D] I am also the proud owner of an new 3Dhobbyshop.com 40" wingspan Edge540 in green http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/detail.aspx?ID=2407 I already have it 50% completed So many deals and so many beautiful scale planes on display. I was disappointed to see only one scale heli but There was also a turbine heli sitting next to it to make up for the few. I'll upload some photos tomorrow or Monday.

If you've never been to one of these trade shows I highly recommend it. You get to see so much more than what the internet shows and also hold the stuff in your hands... priceless[8D]

I hope all the BOB's had a great weekend!

Blessings,

Jay
Jay...nice to see you back....the 540 is SUPER!!! I installed a landing gear system on my F-16 with steerable nose wheel....I taxied in the basement (LMAO)...hope it does what it's supposed to...protect the belly of the F-16.

Name:	Xv64280.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1172925  
Old 04-05-2009, 04:20 AM
choppersrule

Name:	Us54474.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1173005  
Old 04-05-2009, 11:24 AM
theradioflyer

That looks great Vic[8D] You going to find some pavement to fly off of or will it hold up to grass?

Hey Dave, I think that can is a little to heavy for that MCX to lift

BTW, I have everything to get my F-16 in the air now. Maiden coming soon[8D]

Blessings,

Jay
Old 04-05-2009, 11:46 AM
crashcrash

That looks great Vic[8D] You going to find some pavement to fly off of or will it hold up to grass?

Hey Dave, I think that can is a little to heavy for that MCX to lift

BTW, I have everything to get my F-16 in the air now. Maiden coming soon[8D]

Blessings,

Jay
Jay...I have doubts about ROG take off's, but pavement shouldn't be a problem. On grass...it'll be OK to hand launch and land on the wheels. My biggest problem with grass landings is that the intake gets caught on a clump of grass...it's tough on it. I thought touching down on the main gear, then dropping the nose...it'll keep the belly from grabbing imperfections in the grass....just my logic and it may prove to be a "bad idea"...we'll see real soon. The nose grear is re-enforced with micro-ply on the lower intake, and is mounted to a slab of micro ply...it appears to be pretty tough.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:37 PM
theradioflyer

I hope no one is on dial-up any more because here come some pics!

Blessings,

Jay

Name:	Yw68788.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1173535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52089.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1173536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22817.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	1173537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj20482.jpg
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	1173538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm75661.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1173539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul79972.jpg
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1173540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hj87161.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	1173541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dc97515.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1173542  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Us24851.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	1173543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tf40128.jpg
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	1173544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc24330.jpg
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	1173545  
Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Wnuk

GREAT PICTURES, Jay!

I couldn't help but notice that Vic was driving that L-19
Old 04-05-2009, 09:00 PM
choppersrule

Jay,

Just totally awesome pictures you have there. And I'm sure you have a ton more too.

I can't believe the craftmanship and the details of the airplanes and helicopters. I noticed that some even have Wheel Chocks. Yikes Almighty!

Things like this gets everyone fired up for more fun and the need to expand our horizons.

Thanks for the pictures, love 'em.

Take care and God Bless,

Dave
Old 04-06-2009, 12:04 AM
theradioflyer

I had a wonderful time for sure and there is so much to take in. You guys should see this huge rocket they had on display... gigantic, weighs in @ just under a ton, and it will be flown! I'll have some more pics later in the week. Trade shows like this are truly amazing and all here should try to get to one, you won't be disappointed.

Blessings All and have a great week!

Jay
Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
JPEE

Jay,

Holy Cow! what a great show. There is more than a guy absorb in a day there it appears. I hope you had the CC with ya. Good luck on your upcoming maiden.
JPEE
Old 04-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

PURPLE STUFF BLING, now travelling between TEXAS and MICHIGAN.

expects to arrive by THURSDAY

[&o]
Old 04-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jay

I really like the pic of the Hind D those things are flying Tanks its awesome to see one in real life
Old 04-06-2009, 05:03 PM
choppersrule

Rick,

Ya got it going in the right direction, for sure.

Dave
ORIGINAL: Barrrick

[&o]
Old 04-06-2009, 08:07 PM
fossoman

Ive got a G90 Heading hold gyro for sale if anyones interested just PM me $55. Excellent Condition Not even 6 hours of operating time on it. Complete with instruction manual.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Rick,

Ya got it going in the right direction, for sure.

Dave

[&o]
After I get that stuff put on, it'll go to New Orleans to be in a parade...purple and powder blue?????OMG......LMAO.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Barrrick

it wasn't ME who was always mentioning B L I N G

so : as a LATE COMER

my KING is going to be the KING OF MARDI GRAS

say G'NIGHT DICK !

(g'night dick) = [:@]
Old 04-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Barrrick

say G'NIGHT DICK !

THIS SECOND POST APPEARS BECAUSE THERE WAS A MALFUNCTION IN THE RCU POSTING SYSTEM.......
Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Wnuk

[/quote]

After I get that stuff put on, it'll go to New Orleans to be in a parade...purple and powder blue?????OMG......LMAO.
[/quote]

Make sure it's got some beads on it too! LMAO!

So have you ever had one of those days where you just KNOW you weren't meant to fly? Over the weekend I took some time to swap out the stock e-flite motor with an Align 440L tha I got from Jeremy awhile back. I suspected I was losing power on the stock one. I had to modify the motor mount to get the align one to fit but it wasn't that big a deal. I did a hover test in the back and noticed the head speed seemed much better. So I take the B400 to work today even though it's raining knowing the PM was supposed to be nice. When I'm done with work I head to a nice soccer field thinking I'm going to loop and roll it again. So the rain let up and the wind was dead calm and I'm all set to go. Well the first thing I notice is that I didn't strap the ESC down in the frame. No biggie I think, it can't really go anywhere once the canopy is on. So I go to grab my Xmitter that had fresh batteries but in it last night and noticed it was turned ON! How did THAT happen? The new batteries are now reading 4.7V. Ain't no way this is going to work. Pack all my stuff up and head for home. The heli god's were not smiling on me today, I knew better than to push it. Maybe later this week.

Jim
Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 PM
choppersrule

Vic,

Isn't purple and powder blue kinda of a, Never mind. Lmao!

What would be cool though, if you could take a bunch of pictures for Rick to see the process of Blinging it Out. Ya know, before, during and after stuff. I'd be interested too, we all love the pictures.

Dave

Name:	Xv65488.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1174638  
Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 PM
choppersrule

Rick,

Just kidding of course, but the BLING thing / CNC parts, will make a lot of difference in the performance of the helicopter. You will be surprised.

Take care and God Bless,

Dave
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

say G'NIGHT DICK !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.