Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

41 Falcon cat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

41 Falcon cat

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:45 PM
painman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 41 Falcon cat

Best wait till tuesday, we have had our share of rain. it was forcasted for this weekend, been dry as a bone so far. Good luck with your Falcon, I am sure you will be happy with the way it runs. I was surprised how well it handles without much effort.

Later;

Randy[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm waiting for some new IV bags to show up also which I'm hoping will be here Monday or Tuesday. I could use an older one or swipe one from another boat in a pinch. Oh yeah, new radio crystals too so that I can run against my other boats but the last time my son drove the Falcon he blew it over. He saw it coming as did I but didn't let off. Let's just say that dad wasn't too happy.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Paul M

I'd definitely give the 275 a shot. It may allow the engine to wind up more. 51 with a stocker and a wrap to center pipe ain't too shabby.

Get that engine fully modified, slap a 106 Hot pipe on and cut the rear of the cowl and look for at least a 10 mph increase.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:21 PM
eengler

I just got word from Chris at dasboata, he finished my prop (w2716R)... it will be here for next weekend. I'll try it on the sprint and the falcon. Paul if that message is for me... no i do not want to modify my engine, the speed is good and I can do heat laps really well at 51mph. I am looking for another 3-4 mph then i'll race her, with the rest of the stocker class
Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 PM
painman

Paul, the 51.9 is with Tony's M5 from WHH, it seems to be running about as good as could be expected in the falcon. This as mentioned before was using the 6717. tried the 2716 and lost about 1 mph. Tried again today and ran the same 51.9. I thought I would see better speed with a little chop on the lake but came up with same numbers.
I have been running the AV fuel, seems to be a little stronger than camp fuel, still running the wtc pipe, just didn't won't to cut cowl. I might just put my full mod out of the gen 3 hydro and see where it runs.
Know any one looking for a gen 3 insane hydro, ha ha just kidding. I am trying to get some pictures of a couple of my boats posted, just had wife take a few pictures and trying to down load.

Eengler, did you run today or are you waiting on you 2716 prop.

Later;

Randy
Old 07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Ron Olson

I'm going to have to get mine on the gun this week. With the mild modded Sikk, WTC Profession pipe and barely dialed in I was getting 49 so I'd think that the M-5 has got more in it. Don't ask me what prop as I got it used with the numbers worn off but highly worked.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Paul M

I am surprized that the WTC pipe robs so much power. Admitttedly, the QD has more grunt but mine is ballistic with the 2716. I wouldn't have thought it would be 20 mph faster but go figure.

Eengler, I can understand the racing deal with the stocker. I just don't have any interest in the roundy roundy stuff. Just looking for SAW speeds
Old 07-26-2009, 11:32 PM
painman

I would have thought it would have been better, but it is what it is. Not trying to pull the wool over anyone. Have you tried the 6717 on your falcon? Just wondering what the difference of the two would be on your boat. I have rounded bsp the 2716 and even added extra cup, to try and get more out of the prop. The cup helped, does your 2716 have much cup? If possible could you post a picture of the 2716 your running, or are you running Chris's prop. I might be able to add a little more cup w/o slowing the prop down. I will be posting pictures tomarrow of a couple of my boats.

Thanks for your time

Old 07-27-2009, 06:58 AM
painman

Here's Pictures
Randy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45603.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	1244445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33985.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	1244446   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33582.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	1244447  
Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Paul M

My 2716 is as it comes from Chris. It is a 15 * rake. There doesn't look to be any cup in it and I haven't done anything to it.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:03 AM
painman

Yep; mine is the 15* as well, I did a little more work on the prop, mostly thinning and more sharping. Well be giving another try next time out. Might run to lake later today when I get in from work. I have a 270 that I might even give a try.

Later;

Randy[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 08-01-2009, 02:50 PM
eengler

Well just got back from the lake! AWESOME NEWS!!!!!! The stock Falcon with THE w2716 with round tips 15 rake did constant 56's mph and one 57.2mph on GPS! It is HAULING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sprint cat did 64.6mph, I gained 1.6 mph by rounding the tips of the w2716. The sprint cat is fast but I like driving the falcon better, HAHAHAHA!!!

Name:	Nl31080.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1247921  
Old 08-01-2009, 03:36 PM
brodjack

great pic.
reading these falcon threads with interest,mine will be resurfacing very soon.[8D]
Brod..
Old 08-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Ron Olson

I ran ine last night with the new RCMK. It was kind of disappointing but again not expecting a lot out of a new engine. The Pro Cat ran also and did see some improvement in speed with that one as it also has an RCMK in it.
I went to go north to run a little while ago but with storms rolling in over the lake I decided to make a U-turn and come back home.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Paul M

That's great Eengler especially with a stocker and a WTC. Hope to get mine out tomorrow and run.

Ron, what kind of speed you getting from the ProCat so far?

I hate having to cancel a trip to run. Miserable feeling after spending all the time getting ready.[:@]
Old 08-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Ron Olson

We didn't have the Stalker out on the Falcon's passes so we didn't get any speeds on it but I knew that so far it was slower. I'm not blaming the RCMK as with running a synthetic oil mix it will take longer to get it broken in.
I'm sitting here thinking now about what I need to do to start squeezing more speed out of it. I realize that the engine is going to need a few bags of fuel through it but also playing with props, strut height, etc. The Profession Model WTC pipe also has an internal stinger in it which might be choking it so the thought is right now to remove the internal stinger and just hook up a regular muffler as I have one of Mike Tyson's sitting in the basement.
Yeah, I wasn't too crazy about having to come back home either. I'm ending my vacation and tomorrow I'm busy as it's my mother's birthday so I have to spend some time with her.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:57 PM
eengler

HAHA Paul, you continue to say that i have a WTC pipe, NO! I am running a 105 header from zippkits and a 2 inch hanson pipe. No prob.... I don't think we would be able to get 56-57mph with WTC.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Paul M

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhh!!! Sorry, dude. What little hair I have left IS blonde. Sorry man. If it WAS the wtc, I was thinkin' "Why is this guy asking for set up tips from me??"
Old 08-01-2009, 10:18 PM
painman

LOOKS, like time to put the 105* header on the falcon. Glad to hear you broke the 55 with a stocker;; havn't had mine out in a while. Would not think that a header can build that much more power in a stock motor, over what a modded motor will run. I have a 105 and 2" band, I will try and see what the boat will run.
Been working on my Hydro, been having problems trying to keep my 2" band pipe from leaking water into the pipe, installed new o rings and still leaks, robbing power from the pipe. You guy's have any idea's. Running dual pickup rudder, was thinking about using a shut off valve to regulate water flow. Has anyone ran a shut off and cut down the water preasure, on the pipe side.
Do you know if any of the 2" band pipes had any flaws?? the pipe slips very tight over the header, I have had other pipes that were eaiser to get on and didn' leak. Whats UP??

Ron, I am sure you will get the bugs out, and I have heard that the rings in the RCMK's are hard and takes longer to brake in. Should start coming on as you continue to run.

Thanks

Randy
Old 08-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Ron Olson

Yes, the RCMK's use a hard piston ring than other engines and there might be a change in that. I don't know if a Zen ring will fit in there but it might.
I let my son drive the boats a lot Friday just to let them get broken in, he's had more time on the water this year than I have so far! I've been relegated more to the builder and tuner role.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:36 AM
painman

Yep; know that feeling as my son ran for Team Losi for about 12 years or longer running off road buggy's, I was the pit man and tire cleaner at the big races. We got a chance to spend a lot of time together and travel the US racing and meeting some nice people. It is a shame that more dad's don't take the time, because it goes so fast. My son is now 35 and married living in south fla. No grand kids yet HAHA.
You still have the pro boat that you had a while back, or like me got rid of it and got a couple more?
Good Luck;

Old 08-02-2009, 05:47 AM
Mr.Freeze

Got run my Falcon yesterday not as good as I was hoping but I was only able to get a few runs on it so there is alot of tuning left to do. Right now my set up is a whh m5 with 257carb and 105 header and hot pipe set at 12". I can see I can go much shorter, next time out will be at 11 1/2". In the prop department I was using an aluminum 1-6 pitch 70mm dia prop, again need to try some different props to see what else I can squeeze out it. Most runs where in the mid fifties.

Name:	Ki18362.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	1248357  
Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 AM
pcg33k

Hey Mr. Freeze just a friendly suggestion that I learned the hard way with my gps. You may want to put some type of flotation on it or tie it to the hull. I lost my gps once when my boat flipped over the canopy went one way and my gps went another. $65 went to the bottom of the pond. I know have my gps wrapped in pool noodle taped and plastic ties so if it does get flung out at least it won't sink. I'm still thinking of tying it to the hull.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:35 AM
painman

Mr.Freeze nothing wrong with those numbers, you will pick up another 2-3 mph or maybe more. with a better prop. Are you running flat with the sponsons? or are you up a little. I think eengler is running flat with the strut were I am up about 1/4 ", but I have a skeg on my strut were he dosn't.
Again, I don't know how he can run faster with a stock motor than you can with a modded motor, and I know that the M5 makes a lot more power that the stocker.
I will be testing some today, changed to 50/50 camp fuel and AV fuel, to see how it works.

Good Luck; and have a good day.

Randy
Old 08-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Mr.Freeze

ORIGINAL: pcg33k

Hey Mr. Freeze just a friendly suggestion that I learned the hard way with my gps. You may want to put some type of flotation on it or tie it to the hull. I lost my gps once when my boat flipped over the canopy went one way and my gps went another. $65 went to the bottom of the pond. I know have my gps wrapped in pool noodle taped and plastic ties so if it does get flung out at least it won't sink. I'm still thinking of tying it to the hull.
thanks for mentioning it , but what you can't see in that pic is I have the tether cord attached to a 10" piece of pool noodle stuck under the deck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.