Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

An open letter to Traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:32 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: An open letter to Traxxas

I really dislike the traxxas forums. I have been into it with mods over there at least a couple of time.

I had several different items I posted in the classifieds. I had them all together, and one of the items was an old clutch bell that came off of a t-maxx I had. So, I put it all on there, and the whole mess got deleted because I was informed the clutch bell wasnt a traxxas bell. I let the mods know I wasnt happy about it too.

I really dont care if I get banned from there. The only reason im on is to use the classifieds really. You can say its not the Mod's fault that they are strict, but I say that is BS. Unless they are a traxxas employee, they dont have to be a mod who thinks he has some special power because he can ban people from the traxxas forum.

You CAN sell aftermarket items in the classifieds over there, you just have to word it correctly. Such as, if you buy this t-maxx spur gear for $50, I will throw in these MIP CVD's for free... However, If they get hateful with me on there like they have some members, they will at least hear about it before they get to ban me.

Eric
Old 09-28-2010, 09:33 PM
moe7404

i think ill do more thinking before i type.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
savagecommander

ORIGINAL: moe7404

i think ill do more thinking before i type.

good plan
Old 09-29-2010, 02:35 AM
lez1troubles

To all the people who are thinking of buying a Trashass, dont, just firtst go check out the new range of Tamiya race buggies. They are fantastic.[sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-29-2010, 06:17 AM
mufflerbearing

I don't want a race buggy for bashing, I am happy with my stampede for that purpose.

Traxxas hater.....

People don't realize that traxxas has made the hobby what it is today with RTR RC cars/trucks. They brought the hobby to the masses and made it affordable. While I don't agree with everything they do, they still are the major pull in the RC industry. Every hobby shop that I go into always has tons of traxxas parts.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:44 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Made it affordable?
$300 for a 16 year old truck that's lower quality and arguably not as strong as a $240 5 year old truck?

Cool.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:09 AM
mufflerbearing

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Made it affordable?
$300 for a 16 year old truck that's lower quality and arguably not as strong as a $240 5 year old truck?

Cool.
Please specify what trucks you are talking about.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:49 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

To all the people who are thinking of buying a Trashass, dont, just firtst go check out the new range of Tamiya race buggies. They are fantastic.[sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
If an e-maxx gets run over by a car... who cares, if a Tamiya race buggy gets run over by a car, I'm out $400. You can not really compare Traxxas to Tamiya, so whoever keeps trying to do that, please stop.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:23 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: mufflerbearing

Made it affordable?

Cool.
Bandit/Rustler/Pede VXL vs B4.1/T4.1/SC10 brushless.

the "16 year old" comment should've made it pretty clear [&:]

The Pede/Rusty/Bandit weren't very good when they were new compared to the RC10 and RC10B2. There have been no marked improvements since the mid 1990s with these cars.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm back with more. After reading additional Mod comments over there the last couple of days I've decided I'm done with the site and maybe Traxxas altogether. They have 3 guys in particular that are out of control and in the last week I have seen a couple outright threats and at least 1 person get banned for no good reason. They've also deleted or closed several very good and helpful threads.

IHobby is coming up in a couple of weeks and I fully intend to bring this up with whom ever is in charge there. I doubt it will do any good but I'm speaking my mind. I'd strongly suggest that anyone that is attending the show to voice your opinions and be heard. Maybe it will get back to someone that will listen. The Mods over there need to be controlled and clearly that is not happening. If Traxxas supports this kind of behavior then I don't feel the need to support their company.

I like my Traxxas stuff but I'm done until things change.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:32 AM
mufflerbearing

Made it affordable?

Cool.

the ''16 year old'' comment should've made it pretty clear [&:]

The Pede/Rusty/Bandit weren't very good when they were new compared to the RC10 and RC10B2. There have been no marked improvements since the mid 1990s with these cars.
No marked improvements? A ton of parts in the truck have been re-made since they came out. Tranny was redesigned with metal gears, thinker trans casing, and revo spec slipper.

You leave out the fact that the pede/rusty/bandit is far more durable than B4.1/T4.1/SC10. One is made for precision and one is made for durability.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:37 AM
mufflerbearing

ORIGINAL: john01374

I'm back with more. After reading additional Mod comments over there the last couple of days I've decided I'm done with the site and maybe Traxxas altogether. They have 3 guys in particular that are out of control and in the last week I have seen a couple outright threats and at least 1 person get banned for no good reason. They've also deleted or closed several very good and helpful threads.

IHobby is coming up in a couple of weeks and I fully intend to bring this up with whom ever is in charge there. I doubt it will do any good but I'm speaking my mind. I'd strongly suggest that anyone that is attending the show to voice your opinions and be heard. Maybe it will get back to someone that will listen. The Mods over there need to be controlled and clearly that is not happening. If Traxxas supports this kind of behavior then I don't feel the need to support their company.

I like my Traxxas stuff but I'm done until things change.
I think they need to do away with volunteer moderators and put the employees in charge of the moderating. I do agree with the fact that a couple of the volunteer mods have abused their powers. I think their rules are fine but the way they are enforced sucks. Too much room for opinions on what's allowed and what's not.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now there is a brand-bashing-discussion going on here, would have been nice if you took it somewhere else in my opinion.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Made it affordable?

Cool.

No marked improvements? A ton of parts in the truck have been re-made since they came out. Tranny was redesigned with metal gears, thinker trans casing, and revo spec slipper.

You leave out the fact that the pede/rusty/bandit is far more durable than B4.1/T4.1/SC10. One is made for precision and one is made for durability.
OK, a slightly thicker trans case and metal gears in the transmission.

And?

And ThunderbirdJunkie would like to know what first-hand experience you have with the RC10B4/T4/SC10 line. What's that? None? A subjective statement based on no firsthand experience? Any impact that will break a T4/B4 will break a Rusty/Bandit/Pede.

The Bandit/Rusty/Pede is not a BAD RC car. It's just that the Losi XXX platform and the AE RC10x4x platform is light years ahead of it. Or just 10 regular years, really.

If you honestly think a couple gray parts, a still-crappy slipper, and metal gears in the trans (wait, what's that? Associated doesn't NEED an all metal-gear transmission? And never HAS?) is a significant redesign and that these cars are current, you really need to take a look at the Traxxas 272 platform's market competition.

The Bandit/Rusty/Pede is fine if you've never had anything else. Once you own an Associated or Losi 1/10 2wd car though...you'll...well...understand what all of us are saying.

So, question for ya.
Which is stronger?
An XXX-NT Adam Drake 2 or a Nitro Sport/Nitro Rustler?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Made it affordable?

Cool.

And ThunderbirdJunkie would like to know what first-hand experience you have with the RC10B4/T4/SC10 line. What's that? None? A subjective statement based on no firsthand experience? Any impact that will break a T4/B4 will break a Rusty/Bandit/Pede.

The Bandit/Rusty/Pede is not a BAD RC car. It's just that the Losi XXX platform and the AE RC10x4x platform is light years ahead of it. Or just 10 regular years, really.

If you honestly think a couple gray parts, a still-crappy slipper, and metal gears in the trans (wait, what's that? Associated doesn't NEED an all metal-gear transmission? And never HAS?) is a significant redesign and that these cars are current, you really need to take a look at the Traxxas 272 platform's market competition.

The Bandit/Rusty/Pede is fine if you've never had anything else. Once you own an Associated or Losi 1/10 2wd car though...you'll...well...understand what all of us are saying.

So, question for ya.
Which is stronger?

Im not a traxxas fan boy, but I have owned my share of traxxas stuff. The Stampede is no joke. Its tough as nails, fun as heck to drive, and easy and cheap to get parts for/work on. I dont care if you like traxxas or not, but there is no doubt in my mind that the stampede/rustler/bandit isnt stronger than a T-4(and i love associated), and Losi doesent even hold a candle with their high roller that is a very new design. I like tamiya, but most of their stuff costs too much for what it is, and doesent perform well without some hop ups, such as bearings, oil filled shocks, etc... Thats the only reason I havent owned a tamiya.

So my question is, what does it matter how old of a design it is if it continues to work great and be reliable? It doesent.

As for your question, Id put my money on the rustler.

Eric
Old 09-29-2010, 03:07 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Made it affordable?

Cool.

And?

So, question for ya.
Which is stronger?
I disagree... I have raced a b4 for years, I can honestly say it is probably twice and fragile as a bandit. A good frontal impact will crack the front a-arms at the hinge pins due to the amazingly small bumper. I have broken entirely too many servo mounts and c-blocks. Associated improves upon their designs to help them perform, traxxas only needs to improve the stuff the breaks. Seeing as how a bandit is pretty much indestructible already, they need not improve upon it. Traxxas's only competition is HPI (which has a lot of crap it needs to fix on a lot of models), Associated is on a completely different level. I would say an nitro rustler would be stronger than the xxxnt AD, those carbon a-arms are amazingly brittle. Not saying the rustler is better... just that it would have a better chance at surviving a 30mph cart wheel.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:08 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Made it affordable?

Cool.

And?

So, question for ya.
Which is stronger?
Having owned both, the Traxxas was much more durable.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

When I asked some offshoot questions about my Revo 3.3 concerns years ago, my thread got deleted and I got unfairly warned about something so stupid. For revenge, I posted on their forum very late at night and made a topic to the effect of ''Why are Traxxas mods such forum nazi's?

Needless to say, Im permabanned from their website for life. Screw em....
Just create another user name...

''Revo 3.3 concerns'' sounds like traxxas trash talking, which is a perfectly good reason to delete a thread.

Blow me , its not my fault Traxxass POS TRX 3.3 engine couldn't hold a tune or the diffs seals kept breaking and leaking, hence why I was asking Traxxas directly but as soon as I got wind of their "moderator power trip" I said to hell with it
Old 09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: basketballfan60123

I had a similar incident happen to me on another forum with a member over a difference in opinion about their forums rules.
The administrator of the forum actually PM'd me to let me know that he was disappointed with me because I retaliated against the member because he was giving me hard time and he was even breaking the forum rules.
He stated in PM that because this particular member had more experience in Rc than 90% of the other members that he was allowed to get away with his inappropriate behavior and that's how it is.
I PM'd him back and told him that I would not put up with that type of behavior from him regardless of how much knowledge he has and he wrote me back and told me just to block him.
This guy is not a dealer, mod or nothing.
Was his name Suicideneil? Cause that sure as hell sounds like him on other forums that I have deal him on
Old 09-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Freezetron

Edit; server lag
Old 09-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
I'm more shocked he's still able to post on this forum actually with how he's been side stepping the language filter in some posts. Most places would have banned him(and have) by now.
Your one to talk Mr. "I'm always right in my mind, no matter what" attitude isn't much better
Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

If an e-maxx gets run over by a car... who cares, if a Tamiya race buggy gets run over by a car, I'm out $400. You can not really compare Traxxas to Tamiya, so whoever keeps trying to do that, please stop.
Nvm, misinterpretation
Old 09-29-2010, 04:37 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
I'm more shocked he's still able to post on this forum actually with how he's been side stepping the language filter in some posts. Most places would have banned him(and have) by now.
Your general ''I'm always right in my mind, no matter what'' attitude isn't much better little man. Even when the evidence CLEARLY states that you are wrong, you refused to back down from your little high perch of perfection
Where am I wrong?
I've seen you bypass the language filter a few times in posts here because you disagree with people by using v's instead of u's in certain 4 letter words what would generally be *'d out. I've also read posts by you on other forums where you do the same thing because they disagree with your point of view. You have a very bad attitude problem, and ignore people when your point of view is questioned (and usually proven wrong). I will admit I am wrong(and have a few times in the past) when someone shows evidence**. You on the other hand will cry on another forum about people on different forum disagreeing with you.

To further my argument a quote from you in this very thread
When I asked some offshoot questions about my Revo 3.3 concerns years ago, my thread got deleted and I got unfairly warned about something so stupid. For revenge, I posted on their forum very late at night and made a topic to the effect of "Why are Traxxas mods such forum nazi's?

Needless to say, Im permabanned from their website for life. Screw em....
That sounds EXTREMELY childish. Again you didn't agree so you went off and broke rules. The grown up thing would have been just to leave the forum and not say another thing if you didn't like it there. It also shows you have been banned for breaking forum rules on other places.

**posts from a pile of amateurs on another board who agree with you, and judging by their rationalization in posts have no who idea about the theory of how it works, and can only quote the person who sells items, doesn't count as evidence or prove a point (other than you are gullible).
Old 09-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Freezetron

Your little biased post rant against the people of RCM pretty much put you on my shiat list. Are you the second coming of Jesus? You make yourself sound so flawless with the attitude to match. Forgive me Lord, I am imperfect in many ways for being a human

And yes, I love pouring vinegar and baking soda together on internet forums, the reaction entertains me greatly.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Your little biased post rant against the people of RCM pretty much put you on my shiat list. Are you the second coming of Jesus? You make yourself sound so flawless with the attitude to match. Forgive me Lord, I am imperfect in many ways for being a human
Where am I biased?
They were insanely biased on that forum. One guy didn't agree with them(who has a degree in electronics) they ridiculed him telling him he was wrong, while they with there 0 electronics education know more than people with degrees in the subject. I've read quite a few other posts there, and that place is EXTREMELY biased.

BTW this is another post where you sidestepped the language filter, and act like a 5 year old to prove my point even further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.