Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Difficult Arfs!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Difficult Arfs!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:03 PM
yard-dart
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Difficult Arfs!

ORIGINAL: jeff naul

Barry come on dude..

Have you guy's ever noticed The guy that lazer cut's for him was an idiot, the guys that didn't build his cowl molds were idiots. the guys selling canopy rails were robbing us blind so you open a rail business. then you put a post threatening to close because we weren't buying enough rails and there wasn't enough money in it. Then the guys in Florida are building bigger p-47's than your Corsair so it goes up for sale and you announce plans for a bigger Corsair. Not enough attention, now this...
This is my boy! He's the fella most don't want to get in a verbal shooting match with. He'll have the Pope wanting to commence Exorcisms. Funny thing is, this little post is the cleanest, most decent thing that will ever leave his mind and be put into text while he's ticked off. When he and I spoke on the phone the other day, he informed me that nobody other than this thread starter gets the last word. So be it.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:09 PM
gtobil

Guys guys guys the war's out there! Out there! Think I'll go fly my ARF that Ibuilt now.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
yard-dart

Hey RCU, moderators, and all members, check out post #63! One of the competing websites just got a free plug, while RCU gets dumped on! HHHHHHMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:17 PM
yard-dart

ORIGINAL: NCIS

You must just not be a builder. It's OK the ARFS are out there for you to buy. Plus you must not have anything better to do than read my threads so you can ***** about them later.

Barry
Guess I need to call Dino and tell him that the Meister I'm "assembling" is officially classified as an ARF. He'll get a kick out of that one!!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Restraint. Restraint would have prevented this maelstrom of binary cacophony.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 PM
yard-dart

LOL!! Dude, you caused to me get out the dictionary! Cool.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Mk23socom

ORIGINAL: yard-dart

LOL!! Dude, you caused to me get out the dictionary! Cool.
HAHA! Nice! I like using a good word or two once in a while.. I dont know Barry from Joe Schmoe down the street but this thread really seemed to be aimed at starting some smack. If that wasn't the true intent, I would think that kinder wording would have been alot smoother. In any case, I have hit the cancel button on at least half again as many posts as I have to my credit thus far due to one word, RESTRAINT. If some forethought had gone into the post rather than firing off with what he said, I think this could have netted a much more intelligent discussion. Iposted originally to this post because I was a little ticked off that someone would judge another man for his decisions in the hobby to pursue his happiness. I have 2 ARFs, hate me for it if ya want, I got into this hobby to fly. Flying is what i love to do, I dont enjoy building my kits near as much as I love to fly my fun flyin ARFs that Ihave. When I get my two kits done, they will have had alot of man-hrs put into them and one will be a ballsout fun flier, the other, a fun flier that will be a very nice, decently detailed aircraft that will make any guy with a pulse smile. I do this hobby to get up in the air with my dad and fly trainers on skis so close that we whack wingtips, side by side touch-n-goes, dog fights, and any other game we can come up with that will make us giggle like boy crazy school girls. If a guy wants to criticize me for not building mine from a bunch of sheets of blank wood or even from a kit, thats fine, he is not welcome at our lunch table and he can take his loathesome attitude to guys that will sympathize with him. For me this hobby is about fun and comraderie, not to impress other people with how much time I spent at a work bench.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 PM
planemansc

I have to agree with "YARD-DART". If it wasn't for ARFs I would probably not be in the sport/hobby. Which I do have great respect for those who have time and the skills to BUILD. I have mostly ARFs but do also have a few scratch built planes I have bought from other pilots.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:09 PM
yard-dart

Ya know, I have to tip my hat to ya on that one.

Some people just don't get it. If you go back to my older post you'll read that IMHO that ARF's are what keep this hobby alive. Am I an ARF man? You bet! I've owned more ARF's in the past 10 years than some in the hobby will have owned in their entire lifetime. Am I a kit man? Well......I'm getting there! LOL! I'm on my second. I'm a flyer. An ARF can arrive at the doorstep on Wednesday, and I can be maidening on Saturday. I don't care much on putting them together any more, though. I don't enjoy it like I used to. I'd rather just fly. On the other hand, I've moved more toward enjoying a true build. I've become a lot more attentive to detail. My buddy Jeff has rubbed off on me. There's no other person on this planet any more attentive to detail than he is! I've moved on to wanting to have the best looking, scale plane I can build being flown in the most scale manner I can possibly fly.

When it's time to burn holes in the sky, out come the ARF's!

I don't guess I'll ever have the respect of the ARF guys because I now like to build, nor the Kit guys because I still like to ARF it up.

You can't make everybody happy.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 PM
brockettman

Balsa trees..... They are ALL ARFS... Some are just reddier (is that a word?) to fly than others!

Enjoy!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Mk23socom

Yeah man, I know exactly what you mean. Ifly my cheapies like I stole them, so far that's all I have other than a couple trainers. I have a .60 TFP-47 that I am building to last and still be a fun flier but also to do scale flying with it too.. my dad and I like to chase eachother and while we could pull elevator til the wings fold, we keep it reasonable. I also have a Meister P-47 that will hit the table this summer whenI get a chance.. I wont fly the Meister like I stole it, thats not what Iam building it for.. that guy will get the details and the care.. hopefully I can do a good enough job that a guy can appreciate..
Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Nitro-Tom

This entire thread is a joke.....please.......don’t you have something to “Buildâ€â€¦â€¦?

If you can’t start a thread that is “Productive†and advances the hobby and does not “Bash†RCU……go somewhere else…or don’t post…please!

You embarrass me and this forum trying to “Stir things up†with this childish debate……

I will not engage in this debate, only because there is no debate…

All we do in this hobby is BUILD…PERIOD…[X(]

Read what Webster has to say…..and see for yourself…

If my use of that word offends you, go somewhere else…go to the “real†site and quit wasting my time with this thread and others like it you have started…

And I really think the moderators should delete this entire thread…and warn the OP.....it is not productive at all…really.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Farmer Ted
My Feedback: (5)

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen

WHO CARES!!!!!!

Just build or fly your damn planes or don't.

Jeez, some people really either need a life or something to argue about, don't they.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

This is the most foolish thread on RCU right now or ever!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Farmer Ted

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen

WHO CARES!!!!!!

Just build or fly your damn planes or don't.

Jeez, some people really either need a life or something to argue about, don't they.

Guys,
come-on, let's be serious....

YOU'VE NEVER DEALT WITH A *BAD* ARtF ??

And i examine this from the *quality* point of view.

I remember a Ripmax prop-jet ARF i had,
that never finished it (..sold it after a while ).

It was the F4-E for a 90 size 2-stroke.

It s@cked...woods ? fiberglass fuse.... ?
Fitment of tail surfaces ?
Big-mess....i wish i had spent my money elsewhere!

Konstantinos
Old 01-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Oberst
Banned

I think Cabin Fever can effect more than others, especially if one is unemployed and or doesn't have a project on the table. I should know, I've been guilty of this sort of thing in the past. Any of the Moderators can back me on that statement. [&:]

Pete
Old 01-07-2011, 03:14 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

"This entire thread is a joke.....please.......don’t you have something to “Buildâ€â€¦â€¦?

If you can’t start a thread that is “Productive†and advances the hobby and does not “Bash†RCU……go somewhere else…or don’t post…please!

You embarrass me and this forum trying to “Stir things up†with this childish debate……

I will not engage in this debate, only because there is no debate…

All we do in this hobby is BUILD…PERIOD…

Read what Webster has to say…..and see for yourself…

If my use of that word offends you, go somewhere else…go to the “real†site and quit wasting my time with this thread and others like it you have started…

And I really think the moderators should delete this entire thread…and warn the OP.....it is not productive at all…really. "

Nitro - Tom
General R/C Addict

"I could not agree more !!!!
Considering RCU has moderators and those moderators removed silly comments from this thread while they allow it to exist regardless of "rules" .It degrades the RCU network & absolutly does not exist on other websites that have very little moderation at all .Why ? Because the general public that is realy interested in RC subject on building , arf , bashing and every possible element of the hobby is not influenced by estrogen needs to starts battles on terminology used to describe segments in this hobby ."
I personally have defended the person who started this thread in other forums wondering why so many come out with anger in his threads , its been answered .

In addition and for the true builders in this thread , I want you to know that as I admire those who build , I will not place you into a group that denotes the behavior of the threads originator . I actually belive that building has great value and as a person who choose to bash arfs , I stated in another thread that I dont even believe that arfs should be allowed to compete with a build model , regardless of the moderation to the model . You as a group do not need to lower your standards to defend why you build or why its better , true rc modelers already appreciate the unspoken and can see it in your work . We dont need division , we simply participate in some cases thru admiration .
Old 01-07-2011, 04:43 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

LOL OK children, settle down...

Bob
Old 01-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Nitro-Tom

ORIGINAL: LDM

In addition and for the true builders in this thread , I want you to know that as I admire those who build , I will not place you into a group that denotes the behavior of the threads originator . I actually belive that building has great value and as a person who choose to bash arfs , I stated in another thread that I dont even believe that arfs should be allowed to compete with a build model , regardless of the moderation to the model . You as a group do not need to lower your standards to defend why you build or why its better , true rc modelers already appreciate the unspoken and can see it in your work . We dont need division , we simply participate in some cases thru admiration .

AND you know the true sign of a great builder's accomplishment and the admiration of that work can ultimately be seen in the top form of flattery……imitation…

I am referring to the first A-10 (Jet Model) ever build was a couple of guys, a few years ago… I read about them in Popular Mechanics…retired military, lives in Thailand and set out to make the first twin

turbine A-10…Thousands of hours, totally scratch built…and now after he competes with it in top gun, years later, there are at least 2 ARF’s made from his work…and I see them all over, at my field, in north

FLA, etc…and for someone to flatter you buy spending $30,000.00 on a Jet kit (Or ARF) to duplicate what you did yourself…Wow!

And that is not counting the smaller EDF’s and foamies…these guys must still be smiling ear to ear…as they left their mark on the hobby and have the Top Gun trophy and model to prove it…

And like you say, a real modeler stands in awe when the plane rolls out to fly with 150,000 rivets and weathering and detail you can’t get in an ARF…

Most scrath built models speak for themselves and a true modeler knows that.....
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 AM
richie5150

MAYBE, A STICK KIT SHOULD BE CALLED AN ARF KIT ??? IT SEEMS THAT SOME "BUILD" ENTHUSIASTS WANT CREDIT FOR THE TREES THEY DIDN'T GROW OR HARVEST, THE METALS THEY DIDN'T EXTRACT, REFINE, AND PROCESS INTO LINKAGES, LANDING GEAR, SCREWS, BOLTS OR ENGINES ETC.... I DON'T WANT TO EVEN MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE BATTERIES, RECEIVERS, SERVO'S, TRANSMITTERS, PROPS OR FUEL THAT PROBABLY NONE OF US HAVE THE RESOURCES TO CREATE ON OUR OWN. YOU KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING. IT APPEARS THAT ALL OF US ARE TAKING A LOT MANUFACTURED PARTS AND BUILDING WITH THEM. WE ARE ALL BUILDERS.... NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86205.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1543557  
Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 AM
yard-dart

Man! Does the throttle work on that thing, increasing speed? May have to get one of those!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
richie5150

NOT SURE. CHECK HERE...

http://www.theclassicarchives.com/un...rol-lawn-mower (INFO ON PLANS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Wz_OXJfyg (VIDEO... OPERATOR NEEDS PRACTICE)
Old 01-07-2011, 10:02 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Barry and others who are acting like kids:

as a whiner of a skill set I don't have nor want at this time in my life I ask you refrain from name calling. I have shocking news for you, because you can build a kit doesn't make you better than anyone else

thanks and lets keep it civil
Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

NCIS, Barry,
I've found that most builders are not that good a flying. I'll bet you fall into that catagory. To much time on the bench. The real hobby is flying. Doesn't matter what you build ARF or Kit. Flying is the joy of the hobby.
Try embracing the hobby and quit trying to stir up trouble. Of what benefit to anybody is this thread? Just what are you really trying to accomplish?
Let's enjoy our common ground, flying. Well....if you can fly.
Thanks
Barry
Old 01-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

BTW,
I've got a nice Extreme Flight Edge 540T on the bench right now. I'm pretty sure most stick people couldn't match the quality of this ARF if they wanted to.
Pretty darn nice airplane.
Thanks
Barry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.