Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Tanker's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:19 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Tanker's Lounge

You can have all the heat you want from here. Shop was like breathing in hellfire all day long. Came home at about 6pm and knocked out till 9....I never thought I'd say this, but I wish summer was over.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:01 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Box it and send it. I'll pay the freight.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:04 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tanker's Lounge...........Ya it's here if you go find it. ???????

To hard to put a sticky on it.....?

Have to comment on this weather we are getting around the country.Here is S.W. Washington we get a couple of days of sun and then 3-4-5- days of clouds and rain...............Lived here 68 years and don't remember anything like this.I thought it was a wet start to last years start of the summer,but this one takes the cake.Down in the southern part of the USA they are dry as a bone and hotter than hell.

BIGMIG
Old 07-15-2011, 06:44 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Miggy:

Was like that here for a while in June... a few hot muggy days, and then it'd piss rain for a few. Repeat ad-nauseum. Now, its just hot and humid! I'd not mind the heat but when the humidity adds another what-seems-like 10c (18f) to the temp, its just plain knockout weather. Especially me with crappy circulation!

I've taken to carrying a few bottles of half-frozen water in a cooler-bag with ice-packs, and a small towel and face cloth in another bag. If I gotta sit waiting for Idjit (I drive him about, 'member?) for over 20 min., I pull out the facecloth, and drape it on my head. Evaporation helps. When he spends the 90-120 mins in his sports club, its the small towel around the shoulders too.

I just can't wait until he's paid me off, I hand over the car (it ~is~ 11 years old now, and Dad gave it to me gratis) and I'm retired again, this time for good. I'll have my 2600 for a down, and will be lookin' for a Focus Wagon (Criteria #1) preferrably a Standard (Criteria #2) and a 5-speed would be a bonus, and extras like power seats,windows/locks would just be frosting.

Personally, I think someone forgot to renew Mama Nature's hormone pills/injections, that or her Prozac dose needs to be ramped up!

I can do without the cold wet sh*te, but this muggy heat? Ergh... thank the maker the car's A/C still works, and he usually has me run it between calls. No biggie for me, he pays the gas.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:53 PM
strmnd54

[quote]ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

I guess we're gonna have to post every day just to keep the thread floating on top of the pile ...
Old 07-15-2011, 08:38 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

Unfortunately there are already 5 stickies in the RC Tanks Forum. Our general rule of thumb is to have no more than 2 or 3 stickies. We don't want to clutter up a forum with too many stickies

Ken
<br type="_moz" />
Old 07-19-2011, 08:47 PM
pattoncommander

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Looks like we are too late on this issue.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Alexander Hamilton was the problem.

Because of him, we set up a banking system like England. This allowed the corporate power we have today.

Hamilton was not born in America like most of the other founding fathers, so he did not share the same perspective on the corporate monster as they did.

Today we use money that is not issued by our government, we use money issued by a private bank, The Federal Reserve, the ONLY bank in America that that has NEVER has an aduit.

Go figgure.<br type="_moz" />
Old 07-21-2011, 06:24 AM
girltankette

Boy is it hot here in Virginia - I am a northern girl - grow up in Maine and we had hot weather, but nothing like we have here in the mid atlantic - I hope everyone is staying as cool as they can - water drink water plenty of it. We all bit^&amp;$ about the heat and the cold, and everytime I think I can not take anymore I think of our men and women over in the mid east with 75 lbs on their back and camo clothing in 115 to 120 degree heat and I then get a reality check and figure I can stand it for a bit longer when they have to stand it for days on end.
Karen
Old 07-21-2011, 06:35 AM
Panther F

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

You're right Karen and it's good to keep that in mind. It hit 97 here yesterday ... what a time for the A/C to go out on the Blazer and have to find 700 bucks for a new compressor.

Oh well, at least my wife gets to drive in a new car and I get to play with tanks.

That's all that matters.

- Jeff
Old 07-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Panther G

Aww It kils me when i hear about running tanks marked for target practice. It just damn pisses me off. Donate them to clubs or museums or charities. Give people a chance to work on them and restore them.
If I was able to find and get a reqall WWII tank it would be the Pershing but now you say they are all long gone makes me sick.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:18 PM
1sgt

Panther F,
Just a word on your cars AC. I had a Ford Bronco that the AC went out. Took it to the Ford dealer and even paid a $45.00 diagnostic fee and they said the whole system needs replacing. Well I lived with 65 MPH and four windows down for a year and a half. I wasn't going to pay what they wanted. Well anyway, a friend of my wife's husband used to have his own repair gragae and still had his gauges and what not for checking AC systems. Well all the system needed was a recharging. Went on working for a couple years more until I sold it without any problems, all for about $35.00 for the freeon. Never trust a dealer on AC repairs during a heat wave.

Jim
Old 07-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Panther F

I was once ASE certified in A/C (as well as other areas) and even though I stopped working on them for a living I try to do all my own work on my cars here at home. After nursing the freon levels for the past couple years (as the leak progressed) I had a friend look at it and we found the compressor is leaking underneath.

I do not have the correct equipment here to capture the old freon to recycle so that is his price to do the work and we don't believe in using junkyard parts which might work great but new is better. Fortunately I do not rely on my SUV for work anymore.

- Jeff
Old 07-22-2011, 10:25 AM
pattoncommander

Its even worse when I lock down a tank (running M-47) for museum display and it gets used as a missle target because they couldn't justify the money to transport it. Happened three times now.[:'(]
Old 07-22-2011, 10:33 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

<h1>my smart phone says it is 106 degrees .my ac in the truck is awesome! hpwever, there is no ac in the shop...never thought i would want winter to return</h1>
Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Buckeye36

LOL!!!
I told you winter is better then summer.............
Old 07-23-2011, 09:28 AM
WhiteWolf McBride

Hey, chill guys...

I'm even further north (45 N, 75 W.) and we got 36 C (96.8 F), 47 C (116.6 F) with the damned humidex on Wednesday! I stepped out of my apartment and it felt like someone had moved my apartment into a damned rain forest! I just thank the medical disability system up here for my electricity included in the rent! I can run the A/C 24/7 (and its been on since mid-May!)

I think The Guy Topside forgot to give Mama Nature her midlife hormones, and she is having 'hot flashes' ... (sorry ladies, but its ~Mother Nature~, not Daddy...)

I'm just praying the old 2000 Olds Intrigue's A/C holds out... and so far, she's behaving (apart from a turn signal flasher that tends to overheat/shutdown)

I'm getting by when I ~need~ to do without the A/C, 'cause idling the car for 5+ mins is BAD, is by carrying iced bottles of water, and an almost sopping golf-towel for draping about my shoulders. I half-fuill the bottles, lay 'em almost on their sides in the freezer, and presto - bottle-sicles. Top up with fridge'd water, and they are good in an insulated bag for most of the day.

WhiteWolf

Old 07-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Panther F

It's so hot outside that I just saw two trees fighting over a dog!

- Jeff
Old 07-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Panther F

It's so hot outside that I just saw two trees fighting over a dog!
- Jeff
~~~~~~~~~

Now that's FUNNY ! .................

Rex
Old 07-24-2011, 12:52 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Seems 12 days ago I was kvetching about the cool, actually cold, weather in Krim. Well, someone listened. Seems we were up to 40 and 41 thru Friday (for those of you who don't know Centigrade, that's 104 F +. And humidity you can cut with a knife).

However, today was quite nice weather wise, only 28, and dry. And the best part was Hal Husker and his lovely family are in Kirim for holiday. We picked them up in Nikolievka shortly after 09, brought them to City, and spent the day in City Centre and Hersoness. A good time was had by all. After, we came to the compound, in which Alexey and Kayta's two wonderful and very well behaved daughters, Katya and Varya, had a good time playing with some of our children. Hal's daughter Katya took quite a liking to our daughter Katya, and Varya developed quite an affection for Sophia, our blue girl. All in all, it was quite the good day.

Of course Hal and I discussed the projected Euro 2012 Tank Meet, and Hal got to see first hand The Last 1, and some other projects in the works at the ETO Tank Fabrik, plus the Hooben Elefant kit.

We hope to get up to Nikolievka again this week before they return to Mockba. Looks like Tuesday is good.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:01 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I emailed Motomart the other day and got this back in reply just letting everyone know<div>

"Thank you for your email. The T34 tank and new henglong Kingtiger will be available late August.</div><div align="left"><div></div><div><font color="#000000" face="Times New Roman" style="background-color: rgb(255,255,255)">Thank you for shopping at MATO TOYS."</font></div><div></div><div><font color="#000000" face="Times New Roman" style="background-color: rgb(255,255,255)">Customer Service</font></div><div><font color="#000000" face="Times New Roman" style="background-color: rgb(255,255,255)">Mato Toys International Inc.</font></div></div>
Old 07-25-2011, 04:08 AM
Panther F

Tell me more about the T34 please. That's a new one on me.

- Jeff
Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Airbrushler

they were out of stock on the T-34's i just wanted to know when they were getting more so i asked about the KT when they were coming also
Old 07-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Panther F

Oh ... (ha), I just read way too much into things. And a little bit of wishful thinking too.

Thanks.

- Jeff
Old 07-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Airbrushler

ya a HL T-34 would be nice but i'm waiting on the WSN one cause they don't have any i'm thinking the KT might be too much for me to get right now not sure what the price will be but one day i will get one of each tank...lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.