Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

When are we going to see some more work on modifying these Tanks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

When are we going to see some more work on modifying these Tanks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
tiger205

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When are we going to see some more work on modifying these Tanks?

hi johnmar78, i have weathered her , i am new to this weathering, could you explain what you mean dry brusing it?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
karma99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice work mate, love the camo scheme [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 06-12-2007, 05:23 PM
hdbeast

Great job on all the mods, Paint colors are different, but well done[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
johnmar78

ORIGINAL: tiger205

hi johnmar78, i have weathered her , i am new to this weathering, could you explain what you mean dry brusing it?
Hi I used to do 1/35 and 1/72 ww2 scales. I have a full collection of 1/35 and 1/72 german ww2 tanks. Also the diroamas..

weathering: step 1.

Run the whole thing with light dirty muddy colour, make sure the thinner you use is opposite to your base colour(eg turps vs acrylic)

dry brushing on metal parts. get a FLAT headed paint brush about 5mm wide on small parts and 10mm wide on edges of the tiger tank and around the tank that you think the tear and wear is likly to take place. This is what you do:

Step 2
1) a small dip of light silver on brush and wipe it alomost to dry on paper, and lightely brush it over the recess and edges on the tank , especially near the edges and the grills. The recess area will pick up the silver paint and there froe it HIGHTlighted the tank in its true scale.

Do the same with the wheels, you might use the light desert colour near the bolt and also do a little silver .

2) Do teh same with the sprocket and idle wheels both silver and matt geraman yellow.

3) for the comamnder in black, use light gray for shaing the leather jacket. and silver for the iron cross. and bottoms.

4) remeber, do not over do this, you only need a small amout of high light on the recess and edges.

5) Use your artistic imagination.

For all of you who is interested in weathering effects please

check my website for my 1/35 panzer3 models with weartheing/brushing effects.

www.geocities.com/johnmarshome and sign my guest book .

Hope this helps...

Old 06-12-2007, 07:38 PM
tiger205

hi, the paint colors are german red/brown, german camouflage green and the sandy color i mixed my self,i could not find the right shade,i live not far from bovington tank museum, they have a king tiger from the 101st ss panzer bat' ,so mixed the sandy color as close to that as i could. the camo' scheme do'es look a little different, but then it is not an airbrush special,i'd like to think its been done authenticly,with brushes.
the weathering do'es not stand out very well in the pics, but most of what johnmar78 suggested has been done,but i will try a few of the tips out,most usefull,thanks for the comments so far makes it worthwhile
Old 06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
johnmar78

Tiger 205..woah, I see. You have done it already. remeber, the lighting effect are samller scales are differnt to the real size. We just have to exagerrate it a bit or accentuate more if you like. Also, if you had all washed in some area, it would stand out more .
Have you seem my panzer !!! diroma?