RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Venom VMX 450

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Venom VMX 450

The VMX and parts supply is here and shipping!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 AM
whipnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!! That was fast!!
It took so long that I finished up my other projects first, so I can get one of these now.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:07 PM
soulreaper

Now the Venom website says " Late Feb" Man whats the deal? This is getting old.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Chris Nicastro

ORIGINAL: soulreaper

Now the Venom website says '' Late Feb'' Man whats the deal? This is getting old.
Did you read my post above? The bikes and parts are here and shipping now.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 PM
soulreaper

Yes Chris I did read what is posted here but, I am going with the current info on the Venom website. Yesterday venom said stock would be in mid Jan, and today it says late feb. I know, because I check the website everyday. Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:29 PM
whipnet

Yes Chris I did read what is posted here but, I am going with the current info on the Venom website. Yesterday venom said stock would be in mid Jan, and today it says late feb. I know, because I check the website everyday. Thanks for the reply.
Chris would be the man to know... not their webmaster.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:24 PM
JohnnyMacDad

So, the website andfacebook both are wrong? Top line on facebookpage reads "<span id="profile_status">The Venom VMX 450 has finally arrived and we're filling all orders today. We are sold out on Red's and Blues but still have some Greens available</span>." lol

Anywho, 2wheelhobbies.com, towerhobbies, etcshould have some in by next week i believe.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:06 PM
LewAshby
Banned

Any word on when the kits will be available?
Old 01-16-2011, 03:14 PM
soulreaper

The Venom webpage says the Blue and the Red vmx450 wont be in stock until late Feb. The green bike is in stock now. However I asked this question a few posts above this one and Chris Nicastro stated that they were in stock, and Whipnet posted and said Chris knows whats going on and that the Venom webmaster DIDNT know what was going on. I expect more from a company than that. Maybe Chris should ask the webmaster to update the page. I have a Red vmx on back order with Greatplanes and it still has not shipped yet. Good luck finding the right answer to your question
Old 01-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Chris Nicastro

I reported that day the bikes and parts are here and we are unloading them from the container. I did not report on the availability of colors so if we are sold out of a particualr color thats a different issue. The next batch of bikes will be coming soon and you will also have the option to paint the clear bike body set any color scheme you like as an option to waiting for the full RTR to arrive in your basic color.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM
JohnnyMacDad

The Venom webpage says the Blue and the Red vmx450 wont be in stock until late Feb. The green bike is in stock now. However I asked this question a few posts above this one and Chris Nicastro stated that they were in stock, and Whipnet posted and said Chris knows whats going on and that the Venom webmaster DIDNT know what was going on. I expect more from a company than that. Maybe Chris should ask the webmaster to update the page. I have a Red vmx on back order with Greatplanes and it still has not shipped yet. Good luck finding the right answer to your question
Soul, you need to cut Chris some slack. He let you know they were in. He's gone above and beyond for us imo. He's not the shipping department, he's R&amp;D.I preordered mine (green) through Venom back in December and got it this last Saturday.So, if you went with a different company instead of direct, wellyou are the one rolling the dice. Like Chris said, get the green and order a clear body to paint it exactly like you want, or like Isaid, cancel your great planes preorder and order now from somewhere like 2wheelhobbies.com.

By the way, the bike is BEAUTIFUL just looking at it. Im so excited. Awesome work Chris -you, venom, your team/department did a great thing getting a cool bike out for the rc dirt bike hobby.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Chris Nicastro

Thanks JMD, I'm just glad they are in your hands now. Now the scary part evereyones feedback!
Have fun and take your time to understand the bike, it a different animal than the others. Let me know if you have any questions and I'm sure as the group gets up to speed with the bike they will chime in with help and suggestions.
The VMX has a ton of adjustments so take your time and have fun!

Chris
Old 01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
revster

Chris
 Im a Nitro guy, want to get a VMX, don't really know much about lipo's or chargers  if I go with the Venom batteries  that are recomended  would the Venom balance charger - VEN 0653 be a good charger to go with.  
 Congrads on the VMX it looks Awesome can't wait to get one.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Chris Nicastro

ORIGINAL: revster

Chris
Im a Nitro guy, want to get a VMX, don't really know much about lipo's or chargers if I go with the Venom batteries that are recomended would the Venom balance charger - VEN 0653 be a good charger to go with.
Congrads on the VMX it looks Awesome can't wait to get one.

Thanks
Thanks,
Your best bet honestly is to go with a higher output charger than that. It will take a long time to charge high capacity car packs with the Balance Charger at 0.7Amps. If you intend to get into Lipo's then you may consider starting with our Pro Charger. It does everything you need and it should serve you well for a long time. Just take your time and research Lipo's and you will have fun with the higher power they offer over Nickel cells.

Chris
Old 01-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Chris Nicastro

I took the VMX out today for a little snow run. We got 3-4in of fresh powder last night/morning so the parking lot and the grass fields are perfect! I used a stock VMX and just went out and tried it, pretty fun. We will post a new snow video soon!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
whipnet

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro
We will post a new snow video soon!
Please do! [8D]

Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Chris Nicastro

Here is some rough video of us running the VMX in the snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hI_i...layer_embedded
Old 01-21-2011, 10:37 AM
KENDOG689

Very nice!Even in the snow it looks great.Good job guys........
Old 01-24-2011, 04:41 PM
nitrotuel

Well I finally got me a blue one on it's way to my house.WOOO!Although I was disappointed by all the setbacks I am very excited and am sure the bike will be worth it.I can't wait!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 AM
DirtyBird69

keep an eye on the gyro in the rear wheel, apparently people are having problems with stripping out their gyros after only running the bike a couple of times. Seems to be lack of quality control at the factory that builds them(missing shims and springs installed backwards,etc.)... not so much Venoms fault. However they really need to upgrade the gyro gears to metal...</p>
Old 02-10-2011, 01:16 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

keep an eye on the gyro in the rear wheel, apparently people are having problems with stripping out their gyrosafter only running the bike a couple of times. Seems to be lack of quality control at the factory that builds them(missing shims and springs installed backwards,etc.)... not so much Venoms fault. However they really need to upgrade the gyro gears to metal...</p>
http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0519

Old 02-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Chris Nicastro

The VMX plastic gyro gears will be replaced in all future production with steel gears. We did have good results with the plastic gears in all of our testing and development but at last it seems all that is for not if some simple QC items go left out. So in an effort to increase durablility and resolve blown up gears we are replacing them with steel. The option set pictured above will become a regular replacement part set now.

If you bought a VMX please keep your proof of purchace such as a reciept, the box UPC barcode, and ultimately the gears themselves. Mail one of these into to us a we will send you a set of steel gears as soon a we have them in stock.

If youahve any other issues please contact us as soon as you can so we can resolve them and you can continue to enjoy your new VMX.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience and we are going to do all we can to quickly correct the production problems.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 02-14-2011, 05:37 PM
JetskiMark

I'm glad to see that Venom is taking care of the issue.

I plan on getting one in the near future. By looking at the sealed box, will there be any way of telling if it is the newer version with the steel gears?

Regards,
Mark
Old 02-14-2011, 06:07 PM
microDan

ORIGINAL: JetskiMark

I'm glad to see that Venom is taking care of the issue.

I plan on getting one in the near future. By looking at the sealed box, will there be any way of telling if it is the newer version with the steel gears?

Regards,
Mark
Yeah that would be great if there was just at least a sticker on the box that said it has "NEW UPGRADED STEEL GYRO GEARS" cost effective way instead of having to change the box or guess if you have the latest fix.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:46 PM
DirtyBird69

I agree,looks like they will eventually be putting steel gears in the stock set-up. Seems odd that they went with plastic as every other rc dirtbike(ARX,Ricky) would burn up plastic gyro gears if you ran brushless....seems like venom didnt learn form past mistakes, but either way it seems like they are serious about working the bugs out fo the system. I will definately be getting one as soon as I know steel gears come standard... 

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.