Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:49 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Heli,

Wow, I hope your wife's condition is not serious...my best wishes for you and her. Hope all is OK.

Yeah, I got off really easy with Hanna, we didn't even have any of the usual flooding around here that we get when we get alot of rain. Hope your weather isn't too bad, and you don't get any tornadoes.

Circles can be hard to do at first...no doubt about it. I am still struggling with left circles to a certain extent. Have you been practicing them on your simulator? That is the way I learned mostly, just by keeping praticing on the sim, over and over until I could do it, and then try to apply what I learned in real life flying.

I actually find it easier to make large, fast banked turns and circles than I do making very small ones. Small ones can be difficult, and what helps with the small, slow turns is to make sure that you are absolutely comfortable with hovering in every orientation, and that includes the ones inbetween the normal four hovering directions.

In other words, if you are going to try to do smaller sized circles, before you do them, you should be able to hover tail in, both sides in, nose in, and everything in between first. Otherwise once you get halfway through a circle, and something goes wrong, you might not be able to correct it unless you have your basic hovering skills down pat. I know, I had a very hard time with small circles, just ask Nick how long I struggled with them.

Now, I am pretty good with them, but am having difficulty with certain left turns and circles in a bigger area, I am still not comfortable having the heli coming at me nose in at higher speeds. That is what I am currently working on each time I go out and fly.

Also, as difficult as it may seem/be, try to practice circles and what not up higher, almost to the point of being uncomfortable, as it gives you more room to make a correction when you make a mistake. Remember, the ground is NOT your friend!! LOL

Hope that helps some....and I will say it again....spend lots of time on the sim...it took me hours of practice before I ever got comfortable with small circles!! But, with time, I finally got pretty good at them. Just keep practicing, it will get easier to do!

Glenn
Old 09-06-2008, 11:31 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I hope your wife gets better soon. I hope you start getting luckier because you deserve it. You should use down elevator to pull the helicopter around the turn. I usually add cyclic first then rudder then elevator. But I kind of can do foward circes, but do funnels and backward circles count? It seems backward flight is easier for me than forward.

Jeff,

The last couple of days have been weird with the weather here. It has been getting into the 50's. Then tonight it was raining really hard. I won't know how much rain I got until tomorrow. I remember the triple digit days last month that wasn't fun. And my air conditioner doesn't work that good in my car. Don't forget the T-Rex 600 Nitro Super Pro. That is a nice looking helicopter. Does that also include all the GF and CF frames? Yeah I also dream about having all of the Align helicopters. I also have the DS285's in my T-Rex and Glenn has the DS285's in his B400. I really like those servos.

Glenn,

I was also wondering if the T-Rex 250 will be competing with the Gaui 200. Yeah I did see some prototype pictues. I will find those in a couple of minutes.

Yeah work was pretty good tonight.

Good to hear Hanna didn't do any major damage. And I hope you will be able to fly at the race track soon.

Nick
Old 09-06-2008, 11:40 PM
evdreamer

Here are the T-Rex 250 links
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919922
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919609
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904574
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910410
Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That Align 250 looks pretty cool so far, and is maybe a tad bigger than the Gaui...they are saying a 450MM main blade, which is about 18 inches, and I measured the Gaui, and it comes in at about 17 inches, so it's going to be very close in size.

Yeah, I got off easy, no flooding here at all, I just wonder how soggy the field will be tomorrow, but we are supposed to get some sun, so it should dry it out nicely.

I went to my closing LHS, and was looking for bargains...well, they aren't giving stuff away yet, but the heli parts are all 50% off, what they have left. I might pick up a new tail box, and support, since my glue attempts haven't been too sucessful so far.

They have a T-Rex 450 SA, the combo pack with motor and ESC. But the price is $269...less the 15% sale....so it doesn't seem like that great of a deal, certainly not a steal. They have two B400s left, a PNP, and an RTF. They also have a T-Rex 600 CF!! But that's way out of my range...

They also had a Futaba 7C heli radio, but I already have all of my Spektrum stuff, so that wouldn't do me much good.

I was tempted to get the CF blades for the CPP, since they would only be $15...but I'll have to think about it.

Glad your night at work was good.

Glenn
Old 09-07-2008, 12:18 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks for those...I bookmarked them for sure. I really like the DS285's also... I'am going to try these HS-65mg's out, and see what all the excitement is about from these servos (As ya know) from guys running them in the Trex. I know there torque is more, but there speed is a tad slower also, and I can't wait to see what the diff is from digital to non-digital. They do weigh a half gram more, but woop e doo..! I'am taking pics as I compare. Being there not digital, the draw will be less, and that could be a plus for having black-outs with the Spektrum gear. But I never had a prob with the JR's doing that, and had that fan and even a L.E.D. at one time also, so I don't see how guys are having those issues especially reading a few pages back from you on how much you are drawing with yours and all your goodies also like the fans and such...

The digital servos center much better from what my research shows, so I can't wait for that comparison also...I'll end up in time probally going back to the JR's, and if I do I'll then have ammunition to defend them when someone says the HI-Techs are better...

Kinda like the CPP's...To defend them, I just show em' your vids........! But also don't think its good for a beginner, as some have gotten discouraged and left the hobby. And I don't like to see that....

Hope Heli-Style and his wife are doing o.k.....There's nothing more displeasing than having to worry about the one you love, and something going wrong for that matter. His luck has got to change for the better, and I pray for that.................

Talk with ya later, I'am wrenching on the Rex... I take my time and have fun with it, always doing more than I need to !

~ Jeff
Old 09-07-2008, 12:21 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

With all that rain, have you maybe considered floats for your heli.................?!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:40 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It sounds like you are getting some deals at the LHS, but too bad they are going out of buisness. And then the potential helicopter pilots that could have found the hobby through them.

You could get a T-Rex 450 SA for $200 with the motor and ESC from Horizon Hobby. Maybe when they are really close to being done the 600 will come down in price with all the electronics. Maybe you could negotiate a price with them for a RTF 600 around $100. LOL

I was trying to help someone out on Helifreak that had pretty much the same setup as me, but my posts aren't showing. I like RCU because it is easier for me to use.

Jeff,

I would like to hear your opinion on the Hitec HS65MG's. I think most people say their servo is the best without trying the competition. So I know your opinion on them is going to be the truth. I would also like to know what the hype is all about.

I think people are draining their batteries too much and a Brown out occurs. I can't remember the exact voltage that it happens, but I never had one either. I think it would be easier for it to occur with people that don't check their voltages on their receiver batteries than with flight batteries and a BEC.

There is a huge difference between my JR's and the stock E-Flite servos in the CPP. The E-Flite ones don't center very good and one servo doesn't go to the right spot at its limits.

I have seen a lot of threads with beginners getting frustrated with the CPP then someone steps in and says that E-Flite makes it very clear it is for intermediate to advanced pilots.

Nick
Old 09-07-2008, 01:16 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I can't wait to see the difference also... On the video you saw earlier of my crash, I had it flying right before that flight with one of my Air-Thunder 2200 mah 25c 3-cell batts, with a good flight and no crashes. Funny thing however, I was having so much fun that I forgot to look down at the timer on the DX-7 (Set it up for stop-watch) and noticed I was flying for 11 minutes, and right at the same time you can hear the motor decreasing in RPM's dramatically...Oooops...! Everything is fine though with the battery and that flight was all in idle 2... Amazing huh ? Not good though either ! With that batt my heli is 860 grams... I'am going to start reducing weight on the bird now, which is why I'am taking my time currently on an over-haul with it. Although Air-Thunder says you can drop it to 2 - something per cell or something like that, I don't like to make a good habit of doing it either... There anti-puff technology is great also, and I've ran it down like that a few times before also and the batt is 7 months old, and still performs like it is new. I charged it up tonight and put back 2028 mah back into its 2200 mah capacity.

The only thing is they run a little heavier than my Thunder-Power's but are good for extra stability for sport flying in the wind I guess... I have two of these and have been very pleased... I've heard the kongs and the Air-Thunder may be the same company, but not sure... In the crash video I was running the TP batt, and it flies with more response I believe because of the weight I'am guessing.

Can't wait to hear your report on your batts for the CPP that are coming for you... I still think that's gonna make the thing more wispy and responsive for ya.

Take care, going out tomorrow A.M. and flying the planes with my dad at the local field. Should be fun...

~ Jeff
Old 09-07-2008, 01:16 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

In that T-Rex 250 thread they said Outrage is making a 200 sized helicopter and this new company is making another 200 sized [link=http://www.sjm180.com/]helicopter[/link]. Man there is going to be a lot of choices now in this size helicopter.

Nick
Old 09-07-2008, 01:34 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I have done a similar thing, but I just forgot to turn on my timer. Then another time I put in a partially discharged battery and thought it was full. Good to hear your batteries weren't puffed.

That is interesting about Kong and Air thunder batteries.

I wish the batteries would ship out soon. I haven't received an email that said it shipped yet.

I tried getting my dad to fly my CX or the Alpha 40 on a buddy box, but he still worries about crashing both of them. You are lucky you can fly with your dad.

Nick
Old 09-07-2008, 02:01 AM
evdreamer

Here is a [link=http://6.cn/watch/6106966.html]video[/link] of the SJM 180. It sounds pretty intimidating once they go into idle up.

I just found out this helicopter can run on 4 cell batteries. Can you imagine that on a 200 sized helicopter?

Nick
Old 09-07-2008, 06:50 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Here is a [link=http://6.cn/watch/6106966.html]video[/link] of the SJM 180. It sounds pretty intimidating once they go into idle up.

I just found out this helicopter can run on 4 cell batteries. Can you imagine that on a 200 sized helicopter?

Nick
Its amazing how much technology and the selections of heli's there is out there now.... From one day to the next, I constantly rattle back and forth in my mind of what I want next.... One day its the Gaui... The next day its a Mini-Titan... Day after that, maybe a SE-V2 instead of my SA and keeping parts the same... And so on and so on... ! I'am like a fart in a whirlwind... I get distracted like a rat would be in a grocery store... Drives me mad, and I love it !!

AND........ Your not helping any Mr. Evdreamer ! But keep up the feeds, as you along with others on here are keeping me in tune with great info and I appreciate that... Like yourself I also like to 'pay it forward' and return the favor to helping others on the forum as I wouldn't be where I'am at today without the folks here on all these forums...

~ Jeff
Old 09-07-2008, 08:44 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

well the storm has passed, I got lots and lots of rain, and some pretty windy conditions but nothing like the western part of ct, they got hammered tons of power outages and I guess a tornando. I pretty much slept right through it. My wife didn't go to the emergency room as of yet, I keep forcing her to go but she refuses and says it isn't anything, I guess we shall see in a day or two. I had no time to fly last night at all, and prob wont today, its been a long couple of weeks and I am beat from everything, work, moving, wedding, her getting sick, car breaking, refrig going, all this stuff takes a toll on you. On another note that t-rex 250 looks pretty sweet, I have always loved small heli's. I really can't wait to get another heli though something bigger. how is everyone else
Old 09-07-2008, 10:18 AM
HeliStyle

was just using the walkera 4#3b and the main motor just went, I started logging how many packs I put through it, I put 25 packs through it and the main motor is gone. The motors are known to not last more then 50 flights though, luckily I have two 40 dollar orders coming in
Old 09-07-2008, 12:12 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I am sorry that I am making your addiction worse. I just like learning about every helicopter weather I am going to get it or not.

Helistyle,

Good to hear Hanna didn't do major damage for you either. It seems like you have flown the Walkera a lot in a short time. Is it time for a brushless setup like the HBK2 needed? LOL

Nick
Old 09-07-2008, 01:36 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, what a difference a day makes...nice bright sunshine, and very little wind so far today, so maybe some flying a bit later on...

Yeah, that SJM looks kinda interesting, looks like it is in kit form, which is cool...I don't know if the quality is up there with the Gaui, but it's also $100 cheaper too...

Nick, I was looking (just LOOKING, of course!) at the box for the T-Rex 600...and the dimensions kinda surprised me, when I thought back on the 48 inch rotor span of the GMP Cobra...the Rex 600's rotor span is 53 inches....not all that incredibly larger than the Cobra. And the length is about 4 inches longer. The 600's at the field looked bigger than that to me....but I guess I'm used to looking at 450 size helis and smaller.

I still remember the older guy at the field saying that while he loved his 600....that he though that the T-Rex 500 actually hits the sweet spot, mainly because the batteries are half the price, and the difference in fllight characteristics aren't that much.

Jeff, that brings me to another point....at my LHS, they have the G4 Expansion Pack 5...with 12 new planes (yawn) and 4 new helis, with 3 new flying areas....very tempting. One review I read says that the T-Rex 500 model flies very well. The other helis mentioned were an Apache, and a Synergy N9 or something along that line.

The other G4 thing worth mentioning is on Helifreak, I found a thread on a "bladelike" sim model...supposed to be very realistic as far as the CPP goes...right down to the very squirrelly tail! I downloaded it, but it looks like a real pain in the a** to install, as it only gives you directions for manually installing the files using DOS. So, I haven't bothered yet. But, my CPP's tail is nothing like the stock configuration/nightmare any more, so I figured why bother?

Heli, you luck has to get better, it can't get much worse! Hang in there, something good is bound to happen soon!

Hope you guys get some flying and rebuilding in today...enjoy what's left of the weekend!

Glenn
Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It is cool that you flew something as big as a T-Rex 600.

The Synergy N9 is one of the best helicopters anyone could fly or so I have heard. It is a 90 sized built by people who fly 3D. I think that would be interesting to fly on the simulator.

I have been trying to get the CPP to fly like it used to with the bearing dampners, but I can't. I tried putting flybar weights as close to the mainshaft as possible and I tried 3 shims. But nothing compares to how good it flew with the bearings instead of the stock dampners. So I am thinking about going back to the bearing dampners, but running almost a 100% flat line throttle curve to prevent the shaking.

I pulled off the funnel figure 8 with the T-Rex! And I was in control this time. I also did a funnel with the nose pointing down instead of up. The only thing that could make it better is if I went into an inverted funnel for half of it then flip it into a upright funnel for the rest like the Pros do.

Nick
Old 09-07-2008, 02:05 PM
HeliStyle

as far as a brushless system for the walkera 4#3B they don't make one as of yet, people have done a conversion using the losi brushless motor for the micro-ts, some say it has to much power for such a small heli, the main motors are cheap though, only 4 dollars so dropping one in every two weeks isnt to bad I guess
Old 09-07-2008, 02:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

...with 12 new planes (yawn)
LOl...! I laughed, as I know you find it boring... Funny thing, is my first 'real' plane was a 3-D one (Typhoon) and everyone said it was hard, and touchy and all that jazz, well it only took me 5 flights to just about master that and flipping it around in the skies.... So I do see your point... I guess coming from helicopters, nothing is to challenging huh ?!

I do enjoy the planes but only half of how much I enjoy the helicopters.... I like them for when its to windy, I then can get them into the air, where the heli's would have issues. I did notice it helps in orientation to a point also, as the stick movements have a few similarities. On the G4 I only have the expansion pack #1... I do want to get others, just forgot about them. I haven't used my G4 at all for awhile, as it started to get boring sometimes as being to easy, but still helps with different maneuvers I suppose but just doesn't seem as realistic as the real thing.... I'll have to start getting back on it, as I do miss it again.

Also, since hovering my dad's 600 before, I think I can make the assumption that the Rex 500 would be the sweet spot, as I could also use 2 of my 450 batts in it, as long as they were the same age and brand and all the other common-sense that goes with that, and finding space to fly wouldn't be to much of an issue... It's been tempting ! Next weekend there's a huge RC event going on here in Cali that I will be attending, so I will be able to see one doing hard 3-D in real-life so I'am looking forward to that along with all the other different varieties of heli's and planes. I'll be taking lots of pics and vids...

Nick ~

I am sorry that I am making your addiction worse.
But please continue, as you help feed my addiction perfectly ! And was just meant in a jokingly way... Don't ever take me to serious, I have just a kidding personality.... Your one of the few on this forum who is at the top of my list................

Heli ~

I hope your parts come soon, so you can be ready for a fresh attack and get some more flying in. Nothing worse than being grounded...[]

Take care guys, hope everyone had a good weekend....

~ Jeff
Old 09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

$4 isn't that bad for a motor, but too bad they don't last that long.

Jeff,

Have fun at the flying event. California and Florida always get the good RC events. Why can't there be an event like that near Glenn, Helistyle, and me so we can go see one?

Nick
Old 09-07-2008, 03:06 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I hear ya there...! Back home in Washington State, I've never heard of one ! In fact, I've never even seen ANYONE fly anything.... I've only witnessed me and my dad fly, that's it.... I've never seen a nitro car or plane or heli in real life...... So it will be a good learning experience. Hopefully it won't be to hot !

Take care Nick,

~ Jeff
Old 09-07-2008, 04:31 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I switched out the stock dampners and put the bearings back in earlier today. And I just got done from a flight with the CPP and it flys so much better. But I have to have the head speed at 100 95 100 or higher to prevent the helicopter shaking into a crash. And it eats the flight times down a lot quicker. And I should get my symmetrical blades tomorrow. I just need a 10 tooth pinion that won't ruin my main gear.

Nick
Old 09-07-2008, 06:15 PM
HeliStyle

yeah 4 bucks isn't bad but 50 packs is the most you can get out of them which isn't great, hows everyone else?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, due to people being at all of my flying places except one, I didn't get as much flying in as I wanted....but, the little I did get in was great. I was forced to fly at an industrial area parking lot, which isn't too big compared to the horse track.

Which I think, at least in the case of the Gaui, might be a good thing. First I flew the CPP, and it was flying great, no issues at all, once I got in the groove with it.

After that, I got a chance to test the Gaui fully with less wind than last time out, which was right before Hanna hit. I had added the putty to the nose, for a better CG, and got a lower head speed with radio adjustments. But, when I tested it last time it was just too windy/rainy to tell anything.

Well, I can say that this is the best the Gaui has ever flown for me, at least. The reduction in headspeed achieved the desired results....that is, to slow things down a bit, and take some of the edge off of flying the Gaui. It is now very managable, and I was able to easily do pirouettes, nose in hovering, and small circles with it now, which before was risky, and often led to loss of control.

I really only got one pack with it, and I can't wait to try it again. Jeff, now it's about even up on the difficulty scale between the Gaui and the CPP.

Nick, the one drawback is as you noted on the T-Rex, when you lower the headspeed, you also reduce tail response. I also need to fine tune my curves, as I have pretty lame full throttle/collective response, I think I have the throttle pitch curve too low.

Jeff, I got a copy of Expansion Pack 5 for the G4...haven't even installed it yet....been kinda busy on Sundays, it's chore day! I can't wait to try the new helis and flying field.

Glenn
Old 09-07-2008, 10:39 PM
rotarydoc

Guys,

A couple of points worth mentioning came to mind earlier today...

Jeff, yeah, you had a point about the planes. Since I have never ever flown an RC plane, I didn't/don't have the advantage of some of the same characteristics of forward flight in a heli being similar to a plane...and why it has taken me so long to get used to making turns and what not...so some plane experience is definately helpful in learning helis too...

Heli, I was thinking about the advice that Nick gave you on turns/circles....and it was great advice, it took me quite some time to learn to apply some rear/downward elevator in mid turns or circles at first. I kept losing the heli in turns because the nose would tend to dive because I didn't know to apply some rear/down elevator in addition to the cyclic and rudder inputs.

Nick, glad to hear that the bearing are back in and working well. I'll bet the main blades don't have much slop in them at all....at one point, I thought there was something wrong with my CPP because the main blades have so much slop in them in stock form...until I compared them to my new "spare" CPP that I had there for a while.

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.