Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:13 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

Good to hear you had nice weather to fly in. Send some this way please.

Nick
Old 12-02-2009, 10:17 AM
JPEE

Nick,
Yes it was a very nice day. I wished I had some Sun to send you but we are under gray pre-rain weather here. They are calling for rain starting the Sunday and then on for three more days.
JPEE
Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 AM
jroo

Hi all,
Its been along time and I just finished catching up.

I'm still waiting on my 401B gyro from HK. It's been shipped, but who knows when it's going to be here. I also bought another Blade 400 off ebay. It came with 3 HiTech HS-65MG servos, so I am going to pop those out, and resell the bird. I'm pretty confident I am come out way ahead; paying about $30 for all 3 servos.

Also took advantage of the Black Friday shopping. Got some (5) nice TomTom (TomTom XL 340 S) GPS units. I am giving 2 away for Christmas and selling the other 3.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and continue to have a great holiday season.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Nick,
sorry about the foul weather, maybe you'll get some open sun soon.

Glenn,
I did some backtracking through the posts and saw where you had the older can motor for your Pro. Do you still have it or were you able to exchange it for the updated M, or did you just throw that Scorpion you had on it??

Jreue,
Glad to see you back and good to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. Congrats on another B400, trying to be like Glenn and JPEE are we?

Anyone seen Jeff around? I know its too cold to be fishing so I think he got lost with all the other threads he visits!

Well, I finally got a chance to do a post-crash assessment of my rex and what do you know, the spindle screw did not come loose as I had thought. Seems the spindle sheared instead. Darnest thing I ever saw. 2 things come to mind: a grip bearing that siezed causing the shearing force on the spindle or multiple tightenings from checking the spindle/dampeners causing that twisting motion of the metal. Either way it appeared to be from metal fatigue.

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76854.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1325073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34007.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1325074  
Old 12-02-2009, 11:48 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: jreue

Hi all,
Its been along time and I just finished catching up.

I'm still waiting on my 401B gyro from HK. It's been shipped, but who knows when it's going to be here. I also bought another Blade 400 off ebay. It came with 3 HiTech HS-65MG servos, so I am going to pop those out, and resell the bird. I'm pretty confident I am come out way ahead; paying about $30 for all 3 servos.

Also took advantage of the Black Friday shopping. Got some (5) nice TomTom (TomTom XL 340 S) GPS units. I am giving 2 away for Christmas and selling the other 3.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and continue to have a great holiday season.
Jreue,
PLEASE put me on your Christmas list I want a Tom Tom too! I have one and they are great lol.
Your making some good money there on the servoes which ar $35.00 and change each. Are you putting back stock servos or selling ARF?

PS: MARK.... I HAVE SEEN THAT HERE ON MY BUDDY'S BLAD 400 WHERE THE F SHAFT BROKE IN HALF JUST LIKE THAT! WE WERE SHOCKED ON TEAR DOWN JUST LIKE YOU!
JPEE
Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 PM
jroo

JPEE

The heli I bought off ebay had the HS-65MGs installed and the stock servos in a ziplock back. I am going to put the stock ones back and put her right back on ebay.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

That is a good deal on the servos.

Mark,

Jeff might be taking another break. He was gone for a few months last year.

I have never seen a spindle do that before, but I am used to working with my 8mm spindles.

Nick
Old 12-02-2009, 07:32 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much new going on around here....almost got to fly at lunch, it was dead calm but rain was on the way....and it beat me to the field..[&o]

Mark,

The motor in the 450 Pro is the can motor, the 430BL. The one that Assurance RC sent me was identical, but brand new in the container. It's been good so far, definitely does not have the bearing issue the old one did.

The servos are cramped, no two ways about it. The manual says to do it one way, mount them to the bearing block, but Finless had another way, which I used, mounting them after the bearing blocks....I don't know which one is better, really...

With the Finless way, it's a bit tricky to get the servo mounting screws started, I used a magnetized ball driver, and lots of patience...lol...

That is a new one on me on the spindle but I agree, looks like fatigue caused that failure, was the heli vibrating at all previous to the failure?

Heli,

Hope you are doing better with the loss today...hang in there...

Take care everyone....

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32486.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1325363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32434.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1325364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz67002.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1325365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq43059.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1325366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc40834.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1325367  
Old 12-02-2009, 10:08 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Grey, cold, and rain is on the way for days! I am glad I had my great day yesterday with my eight flights.

Jeff, where are you? We have listied you as "missing" with the Washington State Police.

JPEE

Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Jeff, where are you? We have listied you as "missing" with the Washington State Police.

Glenn,
A big thanks for taking those pictures of your Pro. Glad to hear that your 430 has been behaving. I didn't have any noticable vibrations during the flight, just the usual spool up vibration before the blades straighten out. Finished my parts list and it isn't as bad as I thought, I have a good part of it covered in my spare parts hold. Of course I threw out my spare spindle just because I don't know if ever did anything with it - better safe then sorry.

I was replacing the main shaft bearing tonight and have the old plastic bearing holders, so removal is a relatively simple task of pulling the two halves apart and removing the bearing. On the Pro the bearing holders are metal, does the task of replacing bearings use some type of heating with a blow torch? [X(] Just want to know what to expect in the near future.

JPEE,
Great feeling to get in a great number of flights just before the dismal weather moves in, great timing!

Nick,
Yay, you and your stinkin 8mm spindles. One day I'll be running with those big dogs too but for now I just have to settle for measly 3mm puppychow spindles.

Yep, the grey clouds and wet stuff has moved in for the next few days - good time for heli repairs.

Take care everyone,

Mark
Old 12-03-2009, 07:22 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah doing alright over here, time is my friend in this situation.

haven't really worked on the t-rex 250 as I am waiting for new ball links to come in, as I wrecked the ones in the kit. Hopefully this weekend I will get to working on it.

I really can't wait to fly this thing

got home today and was going to bring the msr outside because it was soo nice out, but I managed to fall asleep lol
work and school has been taking a toll on me, especially tomorrow 4 hours of traveling *yuck*
Old 12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Did you wreck the adjustable or non adjustable links?

I don't work as much as you do and I also have a hard time staying awake after school and work.

Nick
Old 12-03-2009, 08:23 PM
jroo

Hey guys. This is far from RC helicopters but its very interesting and I thought I'd share.

The slicing of Henry Molaisons brain is currently underway.

Henry Gustav Molaison (HM) 1926-2008 was a mentally impaired man that was heavily studied from the 1950's till his death. He suffered from a bicycle accident at the age of 9, and thus suffered from epilepsy and eventually seizures. He was referred to a surgeon for treatment and parts of his brain were removed to address the epilepsy. The epilepsy was controlled, but he then suffered from amnesia. He has been studied for the past 50 years or so, and has brought us closer to understanding the human brain.

His brain has been frozen since his death, and now resides at the University of California in San Diego. It is 'currently' being sliced to form an enormous number of histological slides. The intent is so we can later study the brain in layers, combine in 3d space, etc.

Like I said, it is being sliced currently. You can watch it 'live' using the following link. The process will take approximately 30 hours. I've been watching for the past day, and they are only about 1/3 through. Each cut is 7 microns thick!

[link]http://thebrainobservatory.ucsd.edu/hm_live.php[/link]

Enjoy.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:45 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

I saw a little bit of that on the news today.

Nick
Old 12-03-2009, 09:59 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Glad to hear that you are slowly accepting the loss, and realize that in time, it will pass, or at least become easier to accept, hang in there...

I know what you mean about falling asleep, I have found myself taking naps more lately, esp if I stay up too late the night before, and then the weather is lousy after work, it's very tempting to take nap for an hour or so...

Hope you get the Trex parts in soon, that should be alot of fun to fly that helicopter!

Have fun, try not to work too hard, and keep up with school stuff!

Glenn
Old 12-04-2009, 01:27 AM
evdreamer

Guys,

I think I got my display system working now. The temp reading was right on until I started messing with my wires, but besides that all the readings seem to be accurate. I added a lot of safety features to prevent my program from crashing and that seemed to fix everything.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:46 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Guys,

I think I got my display system working now. The temp reading was right on until I started messing with my wires, but besides that all the readings seem to be accurate. I added a lot of safety features to prevent my program from crashing and that seemed to fix everything.
congratulations Nick, sometimes stepping away from the project like you did let's you come fresh with a solution.
JPEE
Old 12-04-2009, 01:17 PM
evdreamer

I just saw what the new Spartan Quark gyro looks like and it is pretty impressive. It is also as small as the Futaba GY520.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:34 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Glad you got most of the bugs out of the latest project, and have some safetly features built in.

Cool on the new gyro. I like the name...reminds me of one of my favorite helis..lol..

Mark,

Not sure on the main bearings, since I have not had to replace them yet. They came assembled in the bearing blocks when I built the heli.

It looks like they are a press fit, there is no retainer or plate like the 500 has...so I'm guessing that you probably just drive it out with a socket or something and tap the new one in place...maybe some heat would ease the installlation/removal though...

I do know that the main shaft is a bit unique, with a "C" clip retainer about 1/3 of the way up...a bit different for sure..have had no issues with it yet.

I could probably have gotten a couple of flights in here at lunch, the wind is calm, and it's about 45...but I've got a nice little cold going on...so kinda miserable...arrrghh..

Glenn
Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry you aren't feeling good enough to fly.

Nick
Old 12-04-2009, 05:03 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

nick I wrecked the adjustable links, the two links in the head and the links leading from the swash to the servo arms.
I just can't seem to thread them on enough per the specs in the book. Even if I get them as tight as they can thread on without wrecking the ball link, they are still 1mm or more off :/
Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Thanks, I probably could have flown, but I don't want to make my cold any worse, I'd like a nice short one this time...

Heli,

I have never build a Trex 250, but for the most part, the Align manuals are pretty good...does Finless maybe have a build video you could watch, or maybe post the issue on Helifreak?

Hope you can get it figured out soon...I know you want to fly it!

I'm expecting a bit of snow here tomorrow, according to the weather...[X(]

Maybe Sunday though, it's supposed to clear out, but be a bit cold. I'll have to see how I feel by then...

Glenn
Old 12-04-2009, 05:33 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Actually, there is a build vid on the 250....and the links are covered as well....I don't know if this will help ya or not...but you may want to check it out...

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...=headsetup.wmv

Good luck!

Glenn
Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 PM
evdreamer

I took my electronics outside and this time the temp reading was correct. So now I need to get the hardware portion working.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:58 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Congrats on the progress...

Hey guys, LOOK! Our 10,000 post!!

Do I get a prize or something!! LOL...

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.