Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Vic, I had them set @ 1/4" from the bottom. Trimmed out and flying @ 3/4 is close to an 1/8 or a little less. Mine balances about a 1/2" in front of the cheater holes. I could likely go back with the CG but I want to fly her more before I do that because it glided in well for the landing.
First flight you ask? VERY COOL!

Blessings and Happy Easter!

Jay
I watched the bounce video, you're sigh was PRICELESS when it went airborne. Watch the screws that hold the elevon linkages carefully...make sure they're tight and elevons are in proper position before every flight (with power on). Had I launched mine earlier today...I would have smashed it. The grub screws in the servo horn connector was stripped allowing one of the elevons to move almost freely. I caught it because the elevons were not aligned properly with power on. I made new push rods, now they "Z" bend into the servo horn instead of using screw locks, that gets rid of two possible problem areas.
I did put a bigger nose tire on.....I'll see if that helps on the next landing. The small tire will work on pavement, but not on grass.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:51 PM
theradioflyer

Thanks Vic! I put Z bends on the servo arm but there's always the chance of the ball links on the elevons to come loose. I flat spotted those before putting the screw on there but no thread lock. Your gonna kill me but guess what servos I used..... Yep, the E-sky digitals that I took off of my HBKII I hope they last
Old 04-11-2009, 09:58 PM
crashcrash

Thanks Vic! I put Z bends on the servo arm but there's always the chance of the ball links on the elevons to come loose. I flat spotted those before putting the screw on there but no thread lock. Your gonna kill me but guess what servos I used..... Yep, the E-sky digitals that I took off of my HBKII I hope they last
If I'd kill you for it...I'd have to KILL myself too then. I put two brand new ones on it....yes....I flatted my ball links too.....no loc-tite. BTW....the second video was some great camera work...these guys can really get an appreciation for what a handfull this little F-16 foamie can be. As stock....they're rated for straight and level flight/full throttle at 80mph...I believe it.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:08 PM
theradioflyer

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

If I'd kill you for it...I'd have to KILL myself too then. I put two brand new ones on it....yes....I flatted my ball links too.....no loc-tite. BTW....the second video was some great camera work...these guys can really get an appreciation for what a handfull this little F-16 foamie can be. As stock....they're rated for straight and level flight/full throttle at 80mph...I believe it.
Yet still very stable at slow speeds and tracks very straight I don't like using the helmet cam for filming. It's really distracting and you can't zoom in when the plane flies further away. I'd like to get a better digital video recorder and just have my wife film it while I concentrate on flying.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:35 PM
lear440kts

I'm glad to see that everyone is progressing so well in their flying. Today was my first day messing with the heli after a couple of weeks break. My youngest son (5 months old) passed on two weeks ago today. With funeral the funeral arrangements and everything, hobby activities had to be put on hold. Because the weather was crappy here today, I started working on tweaking the rex setup. Hopefully I'll be able to get some test flights tomorrow. Seems like everyday I learn something new about these addicting birds!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: lear440kts

I'm glad to see that everyone is progressing so well in their flying. Today was my first day messing with the heli after a couple of weeks break. My youngest son (5 months old) passed on two weeks ago today. With funeral the funeral arrangements and everything, hobby activities had to be put on hold. Because the weather was crappy here today, I started working on tweaking the rex setup. Hopefully I'll be able to get some test flights tomorrow. Seems like everyday I learn something new about these addicting birds!

Lear ~

I'am very sorry to hear that...... No words could describe what your going through and feeling, and I wish you my best for the future. Stay strong and let this hobby we love help ease your mind... Get back in the air... I was wondering where ya might have been lately. I've been super busy working now that the nicer weather has kicked in, but have still been lurking and watching everyone's vids so I'am glad to see ya check-in. You'll love your Rex ! [8D]

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 04-11-2009, 10:47 PM
theradioflyer

My deepest sympathy to You and Your Family Lear. Your in my thoughts and Prayers.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:51 PM
J-MICHAEL

Yet still very stable at slow speeds and tracks very straight

Jay ~

Those vids were GREAT ! I think I pissed myself just watching ! LMAO... I was watching with a keen eye to look for any signs of stability if it were in a noobs hands like myself, so your words above helped me make an assumption...Lol... Its hard to tell, because your the master and can fly anything so in other words you would make it look easy and I KNOW there's more involved with those suckers...LMAO... But good to hear there still might be a chance with being stable more than one might think.

Jim ~

Your Plane in the above video is the "real deal" for sure in my mind... Whew, I'd be shaking if I were to go fly that thing. No toy there and the size is quite overwhelming ! Can't wait for a future video once ya get her tuned in to your liking. [8D]

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 04-11-2009, 10:56 PM
theradioflyer

No mastery here, maybe a second level grasshopper though
Old 04-11-2009, 11:00 PM
J-MICHAEL

Lol.... Don't kid yourself..... [8D] If I recall, you've been flying for something like 17 years.... There's gotta be some kind of "Mastery" in there. LMAO..... And I'am sure the others agree. [8D]

Alright, talk with ya later Jay !

~ Jeff
Old 04-11-2009, 11:32 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Lol.... Don't kid yourself..... [8D] If I recall, you've been flying for something like 17 years.... There's gotta be some kind of "Mastery" in there. LMAO..... And I'am sure the others agree. [8D]

Alright, talk with ya later Jay !

~ Jeff
When Jay rolls his F-16...it's prettier than when I do it...but I'm horribly rusty at planks, especially ones that go 80mph. I have my D/R at like 55% because I'm SCARED of it still (LMAO).

Lear...my sincere condolances, we lost my son's first child about 2 years ago...it's hard.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Wnuk

Jay- I used the Samsung on the video, it's double the quality of the Sony. I'll use it from now on.

Lear- Word's can't express the sorrow I feel for you and your family. May the peace of knowing there is no more suffering be the light that lets you begin to heal.

Happy Easter to each and every one of you!

Jim
Old 04-12-2009, 10:20 AM
theradioflyer

Jim, that was my son's Samsung for the F-16 vid. Mine isn't near the quality of yours. Mine is the 7.2 mp S730. I think I need a dedicated video camera not video from a regular camera

Happy Easter!

Jay
Old 04-12-2009, 10:28 AM
crashcrash

Jim, that was my son's Samsung for the F-16 vid. Mine isn't near the quality of yours. Mine is the 7.2 mp S730. I think I need a dedicated video camera not video from a regular camera

Happy Easter!

Jay
Jay...looks like the wind is up pretty good today but I hope it drops off. I'd like to take the F-16 out and fly off hard surface and land.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

replying to the RADIO FLYER

HAPPY EASTER, RadioFlyer and ALL the BOB 's who read this :

here is the SAMSUNG CAMCORDER that I purchased just a couple of weeks ago. I am still learning how to use it. It records on ""EITHER"" a memory card (2Gb) or a micro DVD . It brings all the cables, USB, AV, everything, charger for the batts. etc. The size fits in my palm, the buttons and switches are quite well programmed and easy to manipulate. I tried it in the hand and on the tripod. The films came out OK
Haven't taken too much video with it yet. The YELLOW HUGHES film, if you remember that, was taken with this camera.
I purchased it heavily discounted **** it is a REFURBISHED product **** but I am given a GUARANTEE that seems comparable to any I would have gotten with a new cam.
total price : $ 199.99 plus some shipping

look for ITEM # G4-83290

find it in : www.heartlandamerica.com

Maybe this will work for you ? RICK
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15657.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1178574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42179.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1178575  
Old 04-12-2009, 10:51 AM
theradioflyer

Rick, that would do the trick. The video quality in your Hughes videos was excellent! Say.... when are we going to see more of that flying?

Vic, when I woke up it was already blowing pretty well. I hope it slows down toward evening but the online forecast says wind to remain steady. What do they know, right?

I'm off to the In-laws for lunch, be back later!

Did you see that the thread is over 10,000 posts[X(] Thank-you Arrow for starting such a great thread!

Blessings All!

Jay
Old 04-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Barrrick

FROM HOUSTON TEXAS
MAY THE SPIRIT OF EASTER
LET THE WORLD JOIN AND
LIVE IN PEACE....
AND LET ENEMIES DROP THEIR
HATREDS AND SLEEP TOGETHER

we DO JUST THAT in Texas !!!!!

{Dog Sitting Tyres me out completely (Jack)]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35730.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1178736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49194.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1178737  
Old 04-12-2009, 06:17 PM
theradioflyer

Rick, those pictures are priceless! Great shot of Jack stretching

I was able to get 2 flights on the repaired Edge540. Wow it was windy, they were flying kites @ the park that I pass on the way to the soccer fields

Blessings!

Jay
Old 04-12-2009, 06:19 PM
crashcrash

Rick, those pictures are priceless! Great shot of Jack stretching

I was able to get 2 flights on the repaired Edge540. Wow it was windy, they were flying kites @ the park that I pass on the way to the soccer fields

Blessings!

Jay
I managed 1 flight with the F-16, the larger nose wheel worked.....I greased it in. WINDY AS ALL GETOUT.[>:]
Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Rainy here today.... I did sneak in a few flights with my Vapors early this morning though. And then the rest of the day ran one of the RC-Cars around... Dang, I haven't flown a heli in awhile now it seems.

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 04-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Barrrick

[sm=47_47.gif]

really I SHOULD SHUT MY MOUTH
but : here goes:

I've PROMISING but never giving....RIGHT NOW, I have the AXE 400 READY with 2 / 2200mAh batts, and 12V in the Transmitter
I have the SAMSUNG CAMCORDER with a DVD and charged batts, on the TRIPOD
the Weather is full SUMMER but "" BUT "" WITH SOME WIND
and I am going to the RC FIELD , right NOW ..... to see IF I CAN FLY THIS AXE 400 and make the MOVIE,
so I can FINALLY post something
wish me LUCK..... RICK [] (aprehensive face ! )
Old 04-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Wnuk

Go for Rick, I know you can do it! Looking forward to the video.

Jim
Old 04-13-2009, 05:59 PM
choppersrule

Lear,

My condolences for the loss of your son. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

God Bless,

Dave
Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 PM
theradioflyer

Absolute Best of Luck Rick![8D]
Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 PM
choppersrule

Jim,

Man the Super Decathlon looks and sounds great. Looks brand new, setting on the shelf for 2 years. Yikes Almighty! What ya' been doing? I noticed the tail vibration too, but seemed to even out at higher RPM. I'm sure the old "Balance the Prop Trick" will fix it right up fo ya. You're right about getting new TX & RX batteries, gotta be on the safe side with a bird that. I can't wait to see ya get the smokey thing goin' and a video to impress and amaze us all.

Jay Man,

So you peed yourself again, huh" You had my heart going too, with the F-16 video, that sucker is soooo cool. You've had to have the wheel barrow with ya,[8D][8D] that was awesome. Great save on the hand launch, a little rubbing compond and it'll look like new again. A couple little scraps never hurt anyone.[X(]

Jeff,

Maybe we should call ya, "The Lurker Man." Dude, you're like all over the Universe here. LMAO! See ya got the old Vapor out for a couple spins. I did mine too,about a week or so ago. Just a couple packs, doesn't take long for the old guys to get rusty, I can tell ya that for sure. You aways amaze me with you knowledge base and being the digger you are. Reminds me of ME, when I was a young pup like you. Now, I can't remember what I had for lunch. Keep up the great work and all your efforts my friend.

Rick,

You've got more toys than "Carters has little Liver Pills", that's showing our age. New cam corder thing, smokey thing and you know all the good web sites to find all the neat stuff, nobody even knows about. The important thing here Rick, is your having a ball and keep active all the time. That's important to the mind and body. God Bless ya Rick.

Vic,
I've got something to tell ya but it'll be in the next post.

Bless ya all Bob's,

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.