Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:21 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,
Wow that is some story. I cannot imagine living in that enviornment. It avian whenypir born to it your more adapt. A funny story on my behalf. Yesterday leaving the club field I had to drive UP the exit road. It's 150 feet long and about a 30 degree rise. Not wanting to mud all stuck to my truck I approched the road out slowly. There were two cars behind me. Well as I started the rise up my truck started to slide in the two inches of mud. As I start to slide back I gave the diesel a little more throttle and now the truck is sliding back and sideways CRAP. Meanwhile the guy behind me a van backed up "he's on the flats now". Well I pop I to 4 wheel drive and she snaps in and climbs the hill. The truck is a mighty F-350 Ford diesel and LOL 2" of
mud stopped dang near stopped it LMAO.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

You didn't want to be like the people who play in the mud with their trucks? Yeah 4 wheel drive is great.

Nick
Old 12-09-2009, 03:34 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

You didn't want to be like the people who play in the mud with their trucks? Yeah 4 wheel drive is great.

Nick
10-4 Nick, I am not a MUD WAMPER, that stuff hard ot get off when it dries!

JPEE
Old 12-09-2009, 08:14 PM
JPEE

Hey...............look at this!

This new MaxPro X3 Quint Charger/Balancer is a 450 class size heli addicts dream. With this unit you can charge 5 batteries an hour so if you have six batteries you can fly one pack every ten minutes.

1. CHARGE FUNCTIONS
1~5 packs of 3 cells Li-Polymer batteries can be chargerd at one time without same pack capability and cell voltage, there are 5 balance modules in the X3 Quint and provide 1~3A for every pack solely.
e.g. 5 packs of 3 cells Lipo batteries(2000mAh – 2200mAh) will be finished charging in 1 hours with high efficiency.
The blue LEDs shining means the X3 Quint is charging batteries.
The red LEDs flash means the X3 Quint is balancing batteries
The blue & red LEDs dark means the charging is finished
2. BALANCE FUNCTIONS
Voltage balance can be done without DC input. Users just plug 3 cells Lipo battery (Max 5 packs) into the X3 Quint, then the balancing will run.
The red LEDs flash means the X3 Quint is balancing batteries.
The red LEDs dark means the balancing is finished
Warnings:
* Use a high quality power supply for input power source.
The input voltage must be 13.5~24 V, most of DC Power Supplier can be adjusted in +-1.5%range. Pls make sure the input voltage & power is rich for X3 Quint. if the input voltage is below 13.5V, the batteries will not be fully charged.
* X3 Quint can charge 3cells Li-Polymer batteries ONLY. Don’t charge other types & cells of battery.
* Be sure that your Lipo battery pack balance connector & polarity match the type connected to the charger.
* Beware that the temperature of the charger shell & battery packs will increase during charge at high power.
* Do not exceed the battery manufacturer’s suggested maximum charge rates.
* Never charge batteries unattended.
* Properly insulate and regularly inspect all connectors to eliminate the possibility of short circuit.
* Do not open the case of the charger under any circumstances. Doing so will void the warranty.
Source: MaxPro & HeliDirect
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28067.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1330926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75728.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1330927  
Old 12-10-2009, 12:02 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

How much snow did you end up with? I saw on the weather channel that Omaha got 9 inches??!

JPEE,

That charger might do alot of packs at once, but it sure doesn't give much info, I don't see a display??[X(]

Very little news here, rain/flood/wind warnings, the power went out earlier....lovely weather!

Not as bad as what Nick had though...

Glad the 4WD pulled ya out of the mud there JPEE!

Glenn
Old 12-10-2009, 02:02 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

I was going to ask how everyone has been doing but it looks like everyone is either playing in the rain, snow, or mud (JPEE, better ask Santa for one of those 4000X Super Soaker Water Wands to clean off all that mud).

Have had lots of rain and wind for the entire week. Tried flying the CPP2 one morning but the poor thing kept getting blown all over the place, so set her down and called it a day.

Good news though...my order from Helidirect came in yesterday - repair time!! Decided to take a break from repairs to say hi. My parents-in-law are coming down from Gettysburg on Monday and I am really wanting to have my rex up and running by then. My father-in-law enjoys going to the field and during last year's visit the rex was out of commision due to a ground incident. I want this year to be different.

They are only staying for a few days and we all will be driving up to PA with them to spend Christmas with the rest of the family, so it should be a good time. Plus it'll be our son's first Christmas and from the looks of it, it may be a white one. (sorry Glenn) Going to visit Hershey Park while were there, so looking forward to a break from work. And everyone is looking forward to taking care of lil'George so that'll give his parents a break too!

Planning on ordering the Pro frame after we get back from PA - promised the wife I wouldn't make any hobby-related purchases until after Christmas, so have to hold to that...more or less (hey, the rex repair parts didn't count! ). Really looking forward to the build and seeing how it flies. So far a few guys at Helifreak have gotten this clone and have good things to say about it.

HeliStyle,
My sympathies are with you. Hopefully you are finding some relief in your 250 build. Take care.

Mark
Old 12-10-2009, 12:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Last that I heard I got 8.2in of snow. Now the roads are pretty much cleared off, but there is some ice around town.

Mark,

Hope you get the T-Rex up and flying soon and have fun with the in-laws.

Nick
Old 12-10-2009, 02:00 PM
evdreamer

I found out my antenna was broken on my DX7 last night. I don't know how it happened, but I got it out today. I can get a replacement, but it isn't available until January.[&o]
Old 12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys

Well out second storm is coming in tonight and let me tall ya, for California it is butt cold man. How cold is it? It's colder than a well digger's ass in January in North Dakota.

Glenn,
That battery charger only has idiot lights on it to tell you the packs status, kind of like an Eflite 400 charger.
Yep, loving that 4x4 experience! Heck man, your Forester would tick right along side of me and you know it too.

Mark,
I had a wand like that but you what? when you knock off those clumps of mud guess where they go? all over the driveway! Right now in Kal E Fornia it is ILLEGAL to hose off the driveway due to our water shortage! We can wash our cars in the driveway but you must have a shut off nozzle on the hose. Big tickets and letters with with threats and fines! if we don’t cut our bill by 10% monthly and they do drive around writing citations for
misuse of water! Ya godda love America. Illegal immigrants on every corner and the cops drive by, the illegals have rights! I hose off “my driveway†and I get a ticket, what a path this country is on.

I hope you enjoy your trip and the family especially the little one!

Is the frame your ordering for a CP Pro or a Pro frame for something else?

Nick,
WOW.......... got snow? I mean holy cow, it’s a dang good thing Dads truck was available. We don’t want you stuck in a drift or bank for goodness sake. You be safe out there and stay away from Yellow snow[>:]
What’s the deal on the antenna? If it is broken, do you mean you cant fly? or did you mean the replacement parts wont come in till Jan but you still can fly?

Smiles JPEE

Old 12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

What is cold in SoCal, like 45 degrees?? LOL...

Supposed to be 18 in DC tonight, and it'll be colder here...[X(]

I'll bet Nick can top that, however....the midwest is really cold right now!

The Forester should do great in mud or snow, but I'd rather not find out anytime soon...lol!

Nick,

Bummer on the antenna, is it physically broken, or the lead inside the radio?

Is the antenna on backorder or something? That would be weird, you would not think that there would be all that much demand for them...

Hope you are getting around OK now with the streets plowed.

Mark,

Sounds like alot of fun for Christmas, and the little one! Hope it's a nice trip, and you don't have too much snow for the traveling part...it's always nice to see a white Christmas though!!

Cool on the Pro frame, you'll definitely have to take some pics for us and keep us posted on your build....I have all the pics of my 450 Pro build right here on the PC, and of course, Finless has build vids as well....

Good luck on the rebuild on the current 450...

Glenn
Old 12-10-2009, 11:59 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

You can have my temps.

The streets are cleared off now, but I still have to worry about ice.

There is a little plastic piece that goes through the transmitter case. Then that gets screwed onto the antenna. Well some how the plastic part ripped at the screw. I thought the antenna that I could buy is the same that I need, but it is for the FM transmitters converting to 2.4GHz. So I am thinking about just using glue to keep the plastic pieces together instead of sending the transmitter to get fixed.

Nick
Old 12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Have you been flying a lot for us that are stuck in winter?

Nick
Old 12-12-2009, 10:27 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Have you been flying a lot for us that are stuck in winter?

Nick
Nick,
I wished I could say yes but the answer is a big fat........no! It has been raining here since Thursday night. I did fly a few packs on that Thursday morning

with the boys at the Club Field. But is was so cold and the mountains were covered in snow from the day before. Yes you heard me right....snow![X(] We are

all layered but it didnt help....... our hands LOL you know all about that.

My new gyros came in today for my 400's. So tomorrow in the dryness of my garage I will install the one on 402 and 401 is still crashed.

I will tell ya this cold weather has me spending money like the freaking President. I just a $150 order from HD yesterday. I was low on 500 main gears. I

also got an extra set of Align CF Pro 500-600 blades to hang until needed........bite your tongue. Then today as I said I got my gyros. Last night after we

talked I went ahead with my order at Hobby City/King and bought:

T-28 new motor................1x #SK-3548-900/7393 TGY AerodriveXp SK Series 35-48 900Kv / 770W variations =

T-600 BEC pack................1x #Z22002S20C/6540 ZIPPY Flightmax 2200mAh 2S1P 20C variations =

Blade 400 Blades...............4x #CF325-Yellow/8395 325mm Carbon Fiber Main Blade Yellow (1pair) variations =

MCX packs.......................10x #Z1381S-10/8864 ZIPPY Flightmax 138mAh-V2 1S 10C (Kyosho Minium Etc) variations =

DX-7 Radio pack.................1x #R2620-TX-3/7346 Rhino 2620mAh 3S 11.1v Transmitter Lipoly Pack variations =

With this purchase the grand kids will have skip Christmas this year LOL. I bought a slug of the MCX packs ($1.68 ex.) as I am strongly considering a getting

a Ember 2 with an over the top wing. Also I have been looking at a mini P-51. Two of the guys have them at the Club and they are flying little suckers I'll tell

ya. They are NOT slouches at all! I wanted a couple of things I can fly here around the house without getting in the car.

Did-ja get a chance to play with your DX7 on the antenna repair?
JPEE.......... from the poor house[]

Old 12-12-2009, 10:43 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

There seems to be a few other places getting snow that don't normally get snow too.

It looks like you got a lot of parts on the way.

The Embers are fun except when the servos strip. I still haven't sent mine in to get fix, since the beginning of the year when the gears stripped out.

I haven't worked on the DX7 or my electronics in awhile. I have been too lazy recently.

Nick
Old 12-13-2009, 02:33 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Wow, the thread is slow lately, I guess everyone has the winter blues...I know I do..this weather is depressing...lol! [&o]

Not much new here on the heli front, the weather was almost good enough for some flights yesterday, but still about 10 MPH winds, so not much fun when it's 38 degrees...it's do-able, but not much fun...

I know what you mean about being lazy, Nick, same here, just not much motivation to do much lately.

Other than that, no new helis on the horizon this year, no winter projects, work has gone from bad to worse, and with the pay lately, it's not going to happen anytime soon...

I have enough helis anyways, I actually would do well to get rid of the ones I don't fly...maybe I'll do a spring cleaning, as I don't think it's a good time for heli sales, although maybe, for the coxials...dunno, we'll see....

Hope eveyone's weather improves....there is one hopeful day this week here, maybe Tuesday will be OK, weather says 55 degrees, and no wind mentioned...

Glenn
Old 12-13-2009, 04:49 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys finished everything on the t-rex 250

took it out for it's first flight today, set it into a hover and had alittle drift to the left but nothing major. Correcedt it with alittle trim and bam it is perfect flying machine.

This little helicopter has tons of power, and is very twitchy. I like it alot, only got in two packs before it started to rain, actually freezing rain.

maybe tomorrow I will get some flying in after work.

I hate winter
actually me and my wife have been talking about maybe moving to arizona, because we hate the weather here in ct
Old 12-13-2009, 06:13 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am working a lot more than I requested, so I don't have much time to be on the threads anymore. However, it is a lot easier to pay for tuition now.

Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Hope you can fly Tuesday. I would be sweating in 55 degree weather.

Helistyle,

Good to hear you like the 250.

Nick
Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Glad to hear you are working more now, it's good that you have that option, to make more money, sure helps.

It can also cut into your leisure time too, so it's a big tradeoff, for sure....

My work situation will get better eventually, it's a temporary thing, just frustrating at times....like most jobs..

Yeah, maybe I can get a couple of packs in at lunch on Tuesday if the wind will hold off.

After Tuesday, it's all downhill....back to very cold again, for the rest of the week...

Heli,

Congrats on the Trex 250 maiden!!!!

Sounds like it turned out pretty sweet, always nice when things go well on the maiden....you always have to expect to do some further adjustments and dialing in...but is sounds like you are really close right off the bat!

I know what you mean about the weather, it's been so depressing lately, with the cold and rain....I almost wish it would snow instead, at least it looks nice for awhile...lol..

Be careful what you wish for though, my dad lives in Arizona...from what he tells me, it's waaayyyy too hot for me there!! Hot enough where no one really does anything outside during the daytime in summer, with temps 115+ in the shade...[X(]

It would be a good place for working on cars though....NO RUST!! No humidity, no salt on the roads, the cars out there never rust! I could not imagine working on cars up in CT, with all the road salt, makes undercar repairs miserable with all the rust and corrosion...[X(]

Good luck if you take the 250 back out for a spin or two!

Glenn
Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I was surprised on how well the 250 flew for its first flight with really no adjustments. I will have to post some pictures of it for you guys

I really don't mind the heat in arizona though, its so scenic and nice to look at with the red rock mountains.
looking into moving into the town of cottonwood, which is like 20 minutes from sedona and there is a really nice flying field 10 minutes from where we are looking into

I really can't stand connecticut anymore, the weather is horrible and really nothing to do. I would really luv to beable to fly all year long.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:35 PM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

Today I did some work on my 400-2. The other day I had taken the Fatuba 401 off of the 400-2 from its crash and put on the 401 that only had a stock Eflite gyro prior. After I mounted to 400-2 is when I found it would not go into HH. I tried everything you can think of to make it lock up but it won’t. Today my last ditch effort was to install it to another guys heli on the bench. To my surprise it did bind up and the red light stayed on, again on his heli just sitting on the bench. Next I put the wires back on the 402 and it held the red light there. But remember the day before it would not, it would just blink no matter what I did. Now that the red light was holding I thought I was home free. I spooled her up in the front yard and did some low flying and the tail was loose like it was in Rate Mode. I found that no matter whether I had the gyro in Rate or HH the light stayed on but the heli acted like it was in Rate Mode and the tail was very loose. The other surprise was when I did shoot outs the tail held pretty well though loose the heli did not do 360s. I had to take the 401 off; I know it was not right. A few days ago I bought two replacement gyros called a GY48. These cost $18.00 each and the guys here really tout them like the Forum guys like the HC 401B. Well I am here to tell you, the gyro is just what they said it would be, a great gyro. I still might play with the adjustments a bit but I put two packs through it out front and she held great even through 8 shootouts. Before I could get the tail to throb I had set the gain in the radio up to 80. I backed it down to 78 she came in smooth and no pulsing. I can imagine what you guys are all saying, but it is a great little Gyro. I will give it a real workout with some of my old man 3D flips and rolls On Tuesday at the field. You can read the reviews on HDirect too. The reviews show where they are on nitro 90s and as small as a 200 Gaui Glenn.

Nick,
Like Glenn said, more work more money for school. More work, less time of the Forum. It doesn’t seem like a very hard choice to me, at least for the time being.

Heli,
Congrats on getting that 250 in air. I hope you enjoy it an it brings you tons of hours of enjoyment. I like Sedona and the surrounding areas too. And here in Calif we can nearly fly 365 days a year. We can snow ski in the morning and go ocean surfing in the afternoon, or go to the desert and then go up to the Forest in the afternoon. My buddy lives In Phoenix and they days and days they cannot fly as even at night it is still 99 or more. When the sun comes up it climbs fast and that would eat the heli battery and electrics.

Glenn,
Sorry for “work and weather†valleys your in. After the fist of the year I hope it picks up for you. Like you said, perhaps this is the time to sell off what you don’t fly anymore. Its impressive to have so many heli for sure, but in reality do you need them? Perhaps this is time to sell, someone might want to give on as a Holiday gift to a family member?

Well EBAY just rang me, I won my bid. Nick…….. I got a Eflite Apprentice. A guy had one at the field a few weeks ago and I really liked it. It will do flips and roll and is pretty acrobatic inclined but it can be flown very slow too, that’s what caught me eye.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24994.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1333965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46906.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1333966  
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That gyro sounds like a good deal.

That should be a good plane. I always liked the tricycle landing gear. It is so much easier to land than a tail dragger.

Nick
Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 PM
JPEE

Nick,
Ya got that right! tail draggers are both hard to take off and to land. I watch the guys at the field and they are always tipping wings and dragging them. This thing is larger than the T-28 and like the T-28 it has the cutie tricycle landing gear which I find are the best way to go. I want a Corsair for their looks on the ground and in the air, but what a bitc* to fly.
I just can't wait for the UPS truck to get here LOL.

JPEE
Old 12-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi all,

Just jumping in to say hi.

Nick and JPEE,
I must be completely opposite in that I LOVE tail draggers and can't stand trike gears. But then again the planes I enjoy flying really don't stay on the ground all that long, they are usually in the air in the first few feet on take off.

HS,
Glad to hear about your maiden with the 250.

Most of my repairs are done and I will have to wait until I get back from PA before I get a chance to get in the air. Oh darn. Been raining and windy for the past week so no go there. Another oh darn.

Glenn,
Sorry to hear about the job and the weather interfering with flying. At least you have the mSr to do some indoor flying. Hey, try challenging yourself and get a fan and fly with that on.

Mark
Old 12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Hi all,

Just jumping in to say hi.

Nick and JPEE,
I must be completely opposite in that I LOVE tail draggers and can't stand trike gears. But then again the planes I enjoy flying really don't stay on the ground all that long, they are usually in the air in the first few feet on take off.

HS,
Glad to hear about your maiden with the 250.

Most of my repairs are done and I will have to wait until I get back from PA before I get a chance to get in the air. Oh darn. Been raining and windy for the past week so no go there. Another oh darn.

Glenn,
Sorry to hear about the job and the weather interfering with flying. At least you have the mSr to do some indoor flying. Hey, try challenging yourself and get a fan and fly with that on.

Mark
Hey Mark,
Don't misunderstand me I love tail draggers, especially the Corsair! Man that thing looks killer in the air. But as I said and concur with you...take offs are not bad but it their landing s that these guys tell me as well as seeing with my own eyes that are a bit difficult to where they come down and touch and then once the tail drags its all over the place and then generally tips and drags one wing tip or the other. This is not an EVERYTIME occurance but often at the Club field.

JPEE
Old 12-15-2009, 03:01 PM
HeliStyle

true jpee, it does get hot there. I just really like it down there the heat doesn't bother me, its so beautiful too, and houses are cheap

I have a total of 10 flights now on my t-rex 250, this thing flies soo nice
also loving the hyperion cx g 3 cell 850 mah packs I got from helidirect. They have crazy power and can be charged at 5c without any problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.