Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Guys,

I fixed my transmitter and I also installed my motor into my 600 that I put the new motor shaft in. At school I also simulated a switching power supply for my glow starter and I am getting close. It swings from 1.4-1.6V with a 1.5A load just like the glow plug draws.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:26 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli,

Wow, 10 flights already! Sounds good, and it seems like you are enjoying it alot!

Now, let's see some pics!!

Nick,

Cool on the transmitter, and the switching glow plug starter, sounds like you are well on the way to perfecting one of your own...

I flew two packs today. One in the B400, and one in the 450, it was getting windy, they said breezy in the afternoon, and it was....

Not alot of fun, turned out to be more of a test session than anything, I'm going to put them away for the winter, since I know all is well with both of them at this point...

Time to get the MSR and Quark out for the indoor play at work soon....

Glenn
Old 12-16-2009, 04:48 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi all,

Nick,
Great news on getting your transmitter fixed - now you just need some nice weather to try out the fix. BTW, any idea how that part wound up that way?

HeliStyle,
Great job in already getting 10 flights in such a short time, you really do get the most out of your flying day! Yes, we need some pictures.

Glenn,
Also glad to hear you were able to get some flights in. I'm sure that you will get a few good days in the coming months so I wouldn't put everything into winter storage just yet.

Also, does your club field (the heli one) have any type of New Years Day freeze fly? That was a big thing when I lived in Ohio, a plank club would hold their annual freeze fly no matter what the weather was like, granted I'm sure if it was snowing or raining heavily they probably would forgo it. But it was nice to just go out and watch all the hardcore weather fliers do their thing. And it did help with those dismal winter blues.

JPEE,
Sorry, I totally missed the question you asked about which Pro frame I was getting - it'll be for my 450.

Your totally right about the Corsair - seen both the foamy electric versions as well as the larger nitro models and they do look good. Most of your warbirds will be a taildragger (or belly lander if its a small electric) unless you get adventurous and get a dual engine bomber of some sort. My old field in Ohio had a paved runway and taking off and landing was very easy, didn't have the tipovers you see when landing in grass - gosh, I was so spoiled back then. BTW, congrats on your Eflight Apprentice win!

Well guys, the holiday festivities are in full swing around here. The inlaws got in night before last and oh are they having fun with the little one! Also went to see the holiday light show last night so that was nice.

I also got all repairs done on the crashed 450 but have to replace one cyclic servo - found it had totally bit the dust after replacing the gears. That'll be when we get back from PA. I also got all my parts for the Pro except the frame, decided to get a new motor, ESC, and cyclic servo's for her - so I too have joined the poorhouse club. Between that and the crashed 450 rebuild I have officially exhausted my hobby spending account. [] But I anticipated that and so have been getting in as much overtime as I could over the past few weeks, so hobby spending account...rekindled. At least somewhat.

Have to say good night for now - have a big day ahead.

Mark
Old 12-16-2009, 10:09 AM
jroo

Well it's been awhile...

Not much going on here. No Gyro means no Flying. If you recall, my Gyro died back in November. I ordered a HK 401B from HobbyKing, and well, it's been awhile. They state that the package should arrive 6-45 days....
yea, 45 DAYS.

I did however buy another Blade 400 off ebay that had HiTech HS-65MG servos. I've now got those in my Blade400 and the original EFlite servos in the new heli. I'll put the new stock heli back on ebay after i get it all trimmed.

So, it's been pretty lame. I check the mail every few days, but still nothing. I should have paid the extra few dollars for faster shipping. I just noticed 2 of teh same Gyros on ebay for $29 free shipping; located in teh US. I think I might just grab one of those while I'm waiting.

Arg.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:39 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good you were able to fly yesterday. Is the tail motor still working good in the Quark?

Mark,

I think the main thing is the screw that goes through the antenna is just a little too long, so when it is tightened all the way it might have started a little crack. Then I have my transmitter behind a rocking chair and it has been knocked over a few times. So that might have made it snap.

My club has a New years day fun fly. The guy I fly with says a lot of planes snap landing gear off because they don't clear all the snow of the run way. However, it is perfect for helis.

Jreue,

Was the gyro in stock when you ordered it? I got stuff from them in 3-5 days with the cheap shipping.

Nick
Old 12-16-2009, 07:16 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Glenn,
Thanks for helping Chopper with the SIM info. Glad to hear you got to fly some. Yesterday I flew 9 packs out at the Club Field and had a great day until I drated the T-28 twice. The first time "dumb thumbs and flying to slow". There was no damage to my surprise, I hit the dirt right I guess. The RC Angel must-ah been ah-watchin me LOL. She turned her head becasue the second time I when down I tore the wing off and the mounts that hold as well I tor off the coweling and broke the motor mount. All fixable! That time I flew to close to the sun and the by the time I could see again the plane was going down and there was no time to recover.

Nick,
Good news on the getting closer to the completing the glow starter. Well it appears the old 600 is coming back, I’ll be you’ll find you missed it too. That is great news and the money you saved fixing your radio, well done there.

Mark,
A 450 Pro frame…good for you man! I was back there in Columbus OH two years ago and stayed there a week with friends and that is some nice country, lest the snow and tornados LOL. I think what freaks the guys out at my Club Field is that there are banks on each side so you land in a trench. This is to say, we are in a riverbed off to the side. The dozer pushed the sand and rock to smooth out a place for the runway. So there are burms if you will on each side. Given a true RC field with grass and such I am sure that would help. As guys start to drift with a dagger towards the rocks they try to correct and she cartwheels to a small degree.

Heli,
Sounds like you’re burning up the skies with the 250, congrats!

Jreue,
Dag-gone that HC holding up your order, ARRRG is right! I just ordered new gyros for my two flying 400s. I still have the original Eflite ones that came on the helis for back ups. That is the name of this hobby, extra parts on hand so you don’t have to rely on the LHS. I too have standing order with HC but it “seems†to be on track so far?……..I guess I’ll see LOL.

JPEE
Old 12-16-2009, 07:38 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry your T-28 went down again.

I got my glow starter working really good on the sim at school, so I found the parts that I need online today. I was going to order the parts today, but my dad needs some electronic parts for work. So I am going to wait till tomorrow after he gets the part specs and put them on my order.

Yeah I would like to fly the 600 again. It is a lot cheaper to fly than my Velocity. I will get it fixed by summer at the latest, so I can do auto demos for the summer camps. I really want to get an oscilloscope and they are expensive, so the 600 will have to wait awhile.

Nick
Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 AM
evdreamer

I just found out south east Nebraska had an earthquake. It was a 3.2.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:50 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Sorry about the T-28, glad it wasn't worse....sounds like you can get her fixed up and back in the air in no time....

Dave got the Phoenix sim, sounds like he's having a little trouble setting it up, so I gave him the support number, and I'll see if he needs any advice when I check my email here in a minute...

Nick,

Wow, pretty rare for an earthquake in Nebraska? Same here, we get tiny ones every once in a while....I've never felt an earthquake in my life, I'll bet it's kinda scary...JPEE would know!

Cool on the sim for the glow plug igniter, now you just need to apply it to yours...

Supposed to snow here Saturday, might be a good day to go up to the shop after hours for some indoor practice...

Glenn
Old 12-17-2009, 08:15 PM
choppersrule

Hi Fellas,

I don't post here to often, you're way above my wave link. LOL ! I lurk alot, and you're all doing great with your flying and projects. Oh, and mishaps sometimes. Lord, we all have those.

As Glenn mentioned, I purchased the Phoenix Simulator. I had A LOT of problems getting the heli to perform.. Long story short, it turned out to be that the potentiometer in my DX6i was dirty.. Right stick for the aileron. The fortunate thing about it, is that it happened installing the Phoenix program, and not flying the Trex-600. Yikes! That would have been a major crash for sure and a lot of buck-o's to boot. After getting the DX6i repaired, I had to re-calibrate the TX with the Phoenix program.. Now it's 100%, and loving it.
BTW, the Phoenix Simulator is rated #1 for helicopters if anyone is interesed.. Here's the site:

http://www.phoenix-sim.com/news.htm

Glenn, thanks so much for your support and inputs on the Phoenix,

Dave

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc
Dave got the Phoenix sim, sounds like he's having a little trouble setting it up, so I gave him the support number, and I'll see if he needs any advice when I check my email here in a minute...
Glenn
Old 12-17-2009, 09:17 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah it is rare to have an earthquake in Nebraska. There is a pretty big fault a couple states SE of Nebraska that not many people know about. I think in the 1700's or so, one of the biggest earth quakes happened there.

Have fun if you get to fly on Saturday.

Nick
Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Glenn, thanks for helping OLD Chopper Dave, he is as happy and a pig in Sh** now.

I started making repairs to the 28 this afternoon and found...oh oh...a part was missing that holds the wing onto the fuse. I drove back out to the Club field today in 40 mile wind it seemed like and started walking and looking. I stacked rocks for landmarks and started walking back and forth. In 20 minutes I found it Hoorah! The wing is now glued up and I drilled some holes in the foam and through the plastic reatainers and stuck CF rods in with CS way deep in the wing for added strength. I also found the red paint color at the LHS so I can touch up the fuse and make her look nearly new again after her repairs.

I have another noob I am working with. I posted a picture of him below.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84749.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	1336751  
Old 12-17-2009, 10:39 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear you found the part and fixed the T-28.

I like the ornament.

Nick
Old 12-18-2009, 05:37 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, it looks like I WON'T be going up to the shop after work tomorrow after all....

Got a HUGE snowstorm headed here....biggest one in quite some time, apparently, they are calling for 15-20 inches in this general area, and some spots will see in excess of 20 inches![X(][X(][X(]

Holy cow....

I'm ready, got all my grocery shopping done, gonna do some errands tonight, and after that, I'll be staying home, off the road with the crazies on the road that the snowstorms bring out...

Funny thing happens around these parts when we get a big storm like this...BIG SUV's end up in the highway median strips upside down!!! For some reason, alot of the drivers of those vehicles seem to think they are invincible to snow, ice, slush, etc...see it every time!

So, I stay off the roads when these things happen....even though the Forester is quite capable, its' the other drivers that I worry about!

Heli....

Are you ready up there?? It's coming in from the south, so I'll see it alot sooner than you will...it's gonna start here tonight, snow ALL DAY tomorrow, and into tomorrow night...they are saying we could get up to 2 inches an hour out of local storms!![X(]

Anyways, hope all is well in the rest of the country for you guys....I'll be here... Not going anywhere anytime soon!

Glenn
Old 12-18-2009, 08:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It sounds like your storm will be worse than mine.

I ordered my electronics, so hopefully during my break from school I can get the glow starter working.

Nick
Old 12-18-2009, 11:12 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the glow starter parts....should be an interesting project for sure...keep us posted!

They are saying this could be a record breaking snowfall for this area for the month of December...and I can believe it, as our big snows are usually in Jan-Feb when we get them.

It started snowing about an hour ago, and the streets are already a mess...glad I don't have to go anywhere!

Enjoy your school break!

Glenn
Old 12-18-2009, 11:35 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Cool on the glow starter parts....should be an interesting project for sure...keep us posted!

They are saying this could be a record breaking snowfall for this area for the month of December...and I can believe it, as our big snows are usually in Jan-Feb when we get them.

It started snowing about an hour ago, and the streets are already a mess...glad I don't have to go anywhere!

Enjoy your school break!

Glenn
Hey Glenn,
If it snows as they are predicting, what happens on Monday when its time go to work? They close?

PS: I got my laptop back today after sending it out to be reformatted. Man loading software is a "stinker" to say say the least. Dealing with cookie approval and you know the drill. I have been on this puppy most of the day bringing it back. Tomorrow I had to retrieve my Word and Excel and Pic's from Judy's computer. Still watign for Dell to have a last minute sale to buy the new desk top. But at least now withe the laptop repaired I have a "fair" computer to surf with. Now I have to try the web cam and see if it will hold. When I sent out the laptop it would not even hold a call let along a video.
JPEE
Old 12-19-2009, 12:35 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Nope, they won't close for the snow...not tomorrow, not Monday, no such thing as closed for snow!

No exuses for me especially, since I'm so close, I could walk...

I feel sorry for the guys tomorrow that have to figure out how to get home....it's supposed to be the heaviest snow tomorrow during the day....10-12 inches just tomorrow, let alone tonight, and tomorrow night...[X(]

Sorry to hear about the laptop...didn't know it was giving you any issues...hope you can get it sorted out soon.

Good luck on the new PC when you get a price you like from Dell....

Only about an inch so far of snow....but I know the worst is yet to come.....

Glenn
Old 12-19-2009, 03:49 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

CT is awaiting the snow as well 5-12 inches are expected here as well, my area will prob get the bigger end of the storm which we always do.

put in another 8 packs today on the t-250, love this thing

geez I hate snow ahhhhhhhhh
Old 12-19-2009, 06:31 PM
JPEE

Hello Heli,

Did you fly you packs outside in the cold? If you did you have brass ones forsure. lol

I am glade that 250 is working out so well for you. I thought that due to its small size it might be hard for you to see, but t soundslike that's not the issue.

KUDOS man!

We are in our 3rd day of high winds. I sit and look out the windows and cry. My wind is your snow so to speak of lol. But I can go in my garage which is large and fly my MCX and CX2 (got new packs yesterday) and fly my heart out, thank goodness.

JPEE
Old 12-19-2009, 11:00 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli,

Sounds cool on the 250, glad it turned out well for ya, and you are having alot of fun with it...

I don't think they are forcasting as much snow for you guys up there as we got here...something about the air being very dry, and not as much reaching the ground....

JPEE,

Sorry about your wind...

They were predicting 20 inches of snow here, I think they got it just about right....took this pic earlier, before about 6 more inches fell!![X(]

Sure you don't want to trade your wind for my snow??...LOL!

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40923.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1337987  
Old 12-19-2009, 11:03 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is a lot of snow!

Nick
Old 12-19-2009, 11:26 PM
JPEE

Hey guys,

Heli,

Sounds cool on the 250, glad it turned out well for ya, and you are having alot of fun with it...

I don't think they are forcasting as much snow for you guys up there as we got here...something about the air being very dry, and not as much reaching the ground....

JPEE,

Sorry about your wind...

They were predicting 20 inches of snow here, I think they got it just about right....took this pic earlier, before about 6 more inches fell!![X(]

Sure you don't want to trade your wind for my snow??...LOL!

Glenn
Thanks Glenn, then wind looks better every
minute after looking at your pictures.
JPEE
Old 12-19-2009, 11:40 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Yeah, you oughta try shoveling it too....lol...

Actually, it's not too bad, because at least it's a very light snow, so it's easy to shovel, that is the only good thing about it...

I think it finally stopped, and is moving up towards Heli, he can have it!!!!

Pretty sure it set a record, for the month of December snowfall...

JPEE,

Yeah, I'll take a bit of wind over this any day!

More digging out tomorrow...

I'm gonna drive the Civic this week, the Forester can stay buried...lol...

Glenn
Old 12-20-2009, 10:57 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

well guys just went outside and measured the snow we got 16 inches everything is buried lol

I did fly the t-rex 250 yesterday out in the cold before the storm, fingers were freezing but it was still kinda fun

I guess we are suppose to get some more snow friday too ahhhhh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.