Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn ~

I can't wait to hear your experiences with the expansion pack 5 ! And........... Your guys' thread just hit the 1000 mark for replies..... Congrats Heli-Style on a successful thread with lots of valuable information !

~ Jeff
Old 09-07-2008, 10:45 PM
rotarydoc

And...

I never finished my reason for the smaller industrial place not being such a bad thing...esp for the Gaui.

I actually believe that a larger place to fly the Gaui either consiously or unconsiously leads me to fly it too far away. I guess when I see a nice big field, I think, "oh cool, look how far and high I can go"....which gets me in trouble.

Earlier, when I was in a restricted flying space, that temptation/thinking was not there. And it resulted in a much more cautious, safe flying session.

That, combined with the much improved, slower response of the Gaui, made it a very pleasant flying experience, not so much "white knuckle" like usual with the Gaui...

Now...let me load that expansion pack....

Glenn
Old 09-07-2008, 10:47 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Wow, I didn't realize we were that high now...

I am going to have to sit down and read the thing from the beginning again...it'll be neat...kinda like reading a diary....LOL!

Glenn
Old 09-07-2008, 11:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was doing some searching on RCGroups and I found that Nick Maxwell is a member there. Any ways I found his setup on his CPP. It is very similar to Kyle Stacy's CPP. If you guys want me to post a link to it I can.

Good to hear your Gaui was flying really good.

Yeah I love having the bearings in place of the rubber dampners. It is like flying a stock tail motor driven helicopter to a belt driven. But you need a high headspeed or it will get very bad shakes and end up crashing. I got to do a funnel figure 8 with the CPP and it turned out great. There was much more room to do it than with the T-Rex. My last flight of the day with the T-Rex I ended up using a partially drained battery again. Luckily I heard the rotors slowing down before the low voltage cutoff kicked in. I think these plastic blades are ruining the potential of the CPP. I can't wait till my wooden ones come. I might get the carbon blades Nick Maxwell uses on his CPP.

Now that you talk about flying in a small space I wonder if flying in the backyard has helped me any.

Have fun with the new extension pack.

Nick
Old 09-07-2008, 11:35 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

The Expansion Pack is very ,very cool!!

The Apache heli is pretty neat, and it's really cool to fly around scale with that thing...the gun on the lower front turns with the rudder inputs...very cool looking!

The one new flying field is very cool, it's in Arizona, with cacti all around, and it looks like a very cool place to fly...an overhead canopy (a MUST in the desert!), and a bunch of trucks and cars in the parking lot with tailgates down, like the real thing, but no people around.

The Synergy N9 is one awesome 3D .90 heli....very big and cool, and tons of exhaust smoke. I landed it on top of the canopy.

The T-Rex 500 was worth the price of admission alone! VERY COOL!! Man, I have never flown anything, real or sim with the kind of tail authority that this thing has....it is unreal. It will do piros like none other.

Nick, it looks like that promo for Curtis Youngblood's new helis...it will piro that fast. I wonder if the real thing will do that?

The T-Rex is an absolute blast to fly around, I can see it becoming my favorite sim heli....Nick, you would be in heaven!! LOL

There is also a very large passenger jet, which I flew around some...neat, but BORING...it is huge, and very slow to respond to the inputs, as you would imagine.

Well worth the price, I would do it again for sure.

Glenn
Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear that the expansion pack is pretty cool. I bet the 500 is fun to fly by the way you said it piros. I don't know how fast the real one does a piro because I haven't seen to many videos of it.

Nick
Old 09-08-2008, 06:12 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

thinking about picking up a g110 today, found them for 40 bucks not to bad, I got a question though, I was wondering if my gws motor went out on me and I had to go back to the stock tail motor for a couple of days to wait for another gws motor to come in, how well does the gyro g110 hold the tail on the stock e-flite tail motor?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah, $40 isn't bad for a new G110 at all. The anwer to your question is, in my experience, that the G110 and the stock motor are pretty good, but the ticket is to have the G110 and the GWS working together. Even if you have to wait until you can get another GWS, I would try to hold out until you can get both on there at the same time.

You can try it with the stock motor and G110, I did it for a long time that way...and it WILL be better than the stock gyro, but if you can, wait until you can do both together, and you will be amazed!

Hope your luck gets better soon...

Glenn
Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 AM
HeliStyle

well my gws motor is still working for sure, I was just curious how well it worked with the stock e-flite tail motor?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 AM
HeliStyle

im at work right now, but I get out at 1 today, early out day, I think im going to go for a fly today with the cp pro, its been awhile for me.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:24 PM
evdreamer

I got my parts today and I finally got a blade holder for the CPP. And my batteries still haven't shipped out yet.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15338.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1029073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71528.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1029074  
Old 09-08-2008, 04:49 PM
HeliStyle

sweet, I have always seen people with the blade holders, and wanted to pick one up for my cp pro, but couldn't find any at the lhs. Does it have any other purpose to it other then that, I'm sorry im still a noob
Old 09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
HeliStyle

o and I recieved 1 of my 2 orders for parts from china today, only took 6 days to get here not to bad.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
evdreamer

Yeah I had to order mine through Helidirect. I like them because when I carry the helicopter around I don't ram the blades into something and it makes it easier for transportation. The MicroHeli one is a little tight on the boom and blades, so I am wondering how the Wingtote one is.

Cool to hear you are getting some orders in.

I just got done from a flight with the CPP and wooden blades. The flip rate is a little faster, but still not as fast as I want. I might try the blades and paddles Nick Maxwell uses on his CPP. It is cool that he is only 1 year older than me, but I bet he has many years of experience.

Nick
Old 09-08-2008, 05:32 PM
evdreamer

I just made a pretty cool video of the T-Rex doing funnels, funnel figure 8's, and some backward figure 8's. I want to get some video of the CPP, so I will upload them in the next couple of days.

Hope everyone has a good flying day. The weather was horrible this morning and now it is blue skys.

Nick
Old 09-08-2008, 05:35 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I think I might order one of those for my cp pro next time I put a order in. I was watching some videos of kyle stacy on youtube alittle while ago, that kid is insane for such a young age. I would deff like to see more videos of you and your cp pro, the weather was nice here all day, I should have went to the field and flew but when I got home I was soo beat from work I just slept for like 2 hours
Old 09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
evdreamer

I would like to be as good as Kyle Stacy or Nick Maxwell on the CPP some day. The CPP is ready to fly, but I need to charge my camera's battery.

Nick
Old 09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
HeliStyle

I haven't seem nick maxwell fly at all, I should check his videos out, all I know is kyle stacy looks to be amazing, you could as well be as good as kyle or even better if you put yourself to it, just a matter of time and patience. The videos I have seen of you fly seems like you are doing amazing for the time you have been flying.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 PM
evdreamer

Thanks for the compliment. I just need more practice on inverted flight and flips so I can practice the moves he does.

Here is Nick Maxwell flying his CPP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNQeDYpWvEI

Nick
Old 09-08-2008, 07:02 PM
HeliStyle

o yeah, I have seen that video before but I didn't know that was nick, hes pretty sick. If you are doing inverted flying and such you are somewhere I can't even think that I will be doing that anytime soon, so you have to give yourself props for what you are doing now. Nick uses the gws direct drive right?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
evdreamer

Yeah he uses the version 2 GWS tail motor. If you want I can list all the stuff he has on his CPP. I have most of them except for a few.

Yeah it took a long time just to get the guts to go inverted and it took a long time on the sim.

Nick
Old 09-08-2008, 07:18 PM
HeliStyle

yeah sure, im curious on what he uses, im afraid to do even forward flight at this point lol so you got alot over me
Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
evdreamer

Here is a link to what he has http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=580952&page=2 I just don't have his carbon blades or flybar paddles.

I did end up getting a video of the CPP today. Now I just need to decide if I want to try inverted hovering in the backyard again. If I do I will try and get a video of that.

I also added some aileron and elevator to throttle mixes. They were at +20 for both of those in the video. I just increased them up to +45, but I don't have a charged battery to test it out and it is starting to get dark. It really helped to prevent the motor bogging down. I am tempted to try a +100, but I should increase it slowly instead of going strait to +100.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Nick
Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
J-MICHAEL

Thanks for posting the link Nick.... I bookmarked it for the future. When I hear Nick Maxwell's name, I think of that video of his Gaui 200 and him doing the insane 3-D in his garage still !

~ Jeff
Old 09-08-2008, 08:34 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Your welcome. Yeah that is some very good flying in his garage.

Here is a link for Kyle Stacy's CPP with pictures and videos http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=32108

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.