Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

I think it got up to 25 degrees today and it felt great.

Nick
Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Daddy B

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

I went into my LHS after work today to order some parts for my Velocity, since the owner said he could get them. I was suprised that one of the employee's there remembered my name, since I don't go in there often and haven't been there in a couple of months. I am going to try and get all my stuff there, since they help the club out a lot.
Definitely support your LHS. I went through some rough times with my own, such as getting parts, etc. At one point I had to have a (painful) discussion with them about service, but things got much, much, better. I am glad I stuck with them. Now we do a lot of business and their service has improved tenfold.

Some days I like just to hang out and talk to some of the guys there. It's better than the barbershop.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:41 PM
jroo

Press Release from Hobby King!

-
HK-600GT! Our Heli fleet increases yet again!
Our much awaited 600GT heli is only just around the courner.
It's full Carbon Fiber, full alloy and very well priced. Hang on just a few more weeks!
For more information and to see the discussion topics log on to our website.
-

I've been looking to get another heli guys. I'm officially hooked. Was either going bigger (500) or smaller (250). What do yall think? I've been reading quite a bit about these HK250 and HK500 kits gettign good reviews. Anyone here build one?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

I prefer the big helis. However, you need a lot of space to fly a big heli. To my knowledge no one here built a Hobby King heli.

Guys,

I renewed my AMA membership early in December and my AMA card still hasn't come and my temporary receipt until the card came expired two days ago. I need the card to renew my membership in my club and now I have to pay a late fee for my club.[&o]

Nick
Old 01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
JPEE

Nick,
I had to call them to get my renewal right. Call them and have them email or fax the renewal authorization for you.
OBTW.....my Club accepted a copy sheet from my computer that has a AMA number.
JPEE
Old 01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
evdreamer

I got my engine started with my glow starter. I couldn't get it to start again with my glow starter, but I think I just need a little more current with the cold weather. All I have to do is reprogram the chip for that which is cool.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I was going to try and show my receipt, but the January meetings have been cancelled and rescheduled twice. Oh well, the late fee isn't that much.

Nick
Old 01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
JPEE

JPEE,

I was going to try and show my receipt, but the January meetings have been cancelled and rescheduled twice. Oh well, the late fee isn't that much.

Nick
Whoa Nick,

Don't give them a dime. If AMA is late and your Club is late holding meetings whether it be a penny or 100.00 why should you give them dime. Make the call and get the email sent to you from AMA and then mail that to the Club Secretary! BOOM your home free, not a peeny more than anyother guy there.

Great news on the glow stater, sticking with it I knew you'd do it!
JPEE
Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Congrats on the starter sucess...hope you can get it dialed in even better soon...

I know what you mean about the weather, it was 36 today when I left work, and ZERO wind...felt like spring time! I can't imagine what it's going to feel like at the end of the week with temps approaching 50 degrees!!

Now, if it will just get to 45-50 with no wind, we'll be talkin' !

Hope everyone is doing well...

Glenn
Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I changed the firmware to supply 2.5A and I also messed around with my code to make it a little more efficient. Some how that messed everything up. It doesn't regulate at all now. So I was checking all of my hardware and my chip to make sure everything is fine. Then just recently I checked my code and found that that is causing the problem. Usually I copy the working code and make changes to another copy, but I didn't this time. So I can't just put the old code in and make it work again.[&o] I won't have time to work on that for a couple of days, but I know where the problem is. There is sure a lot of up and downs in electronics just like helis.

Enjoy your weather.

Nick
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
jroo

I would suggest installing a code repository like Subversion (svn) for your code. It's free and easy to setup and use. Using this, you will never 'loose' changes. You can revert to changes made back in time, merge changes, etc. I work in software development, and this is an absolute must.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:01 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: jreue

I would suggest installing a code repository like Subversion (svn) for your code. It's free and easy to setup and use. Using this, you will never 'loose' changes. You can revert to changes made back in time, merge changes, etc. I work in software development, and this is an absolute must.
J, did you get the 400 tail to hold?

JPEE
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
jroo

Oh yea, it's spot on!

The gyro gain wire was plugged in upside down. So the yellow signal wire was plugged into the Black wire row. Essentially, all remote gyro gain capability was useless and could only be controlled by the pot on teh physical gyro. After switching it, BOOM, right on spot.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:43 AM
evdreamer

Jreue,

Would that work with microcontroller code? I write in assembly language and it is written and saved into a notepad file.

Nick
Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 AM
JPEE

Oh yea, it's spot on!

The gyro gain wire was plugged in upside down. So the yellow signal wire was plugged into the Black wire row. Essentially, all remote gyro gain capability was useless and could only be controlled by the pot on teh physical gyro. After switching it, BOOM, right on spot.
10-4 I read where you mentioned that you found that condition but unles I missed I never you saw you FIXED! Great news!
JPEE

PS:It sounds like you and Nick speak the same language, in electronics that is LOL. More GREAT news
Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
jroo

Jreue,

Would that work with microcontroller code? I write in assembly language and it is written and saved into a notepad file.

Nick

Absolutely. It will work with any file type.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
jroo

Here is the Subversion website

http://subversion.tigris.org/

You will need a server and a client.

Server
In the 'Get Subversion' section, there are 2 columns 'Subversion' and 'Third-Party Clients'
Click 'Windows binaries' in the Get Subversion section (I'm assuming this is your development environment).
The Windows birnary are in the table.
For your server, I suggest VisualSVN. Clicking this link takes you to their website. http://www.visualsvn.com/server/

Client
Back to here: http://subversion.tigris.org/
In the 'Get Subversion' section, there are 2 columns 'Subversion' and 'Third-Party Clients'
For you client, I suggest Tortoise SVN. Clicking this link takes you to their website. http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

Using a source code repository, you should never end up in a 'lost code' situation ever again.
Enjoy
Old 01-12-2010, 12:51 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

Thanks for the links.

Nick
Old 01-12-2010, 12:54 PM
jroo

To all you Star Wars + RC fans...

http://gizmodo.com/5444760/impressiv...me-fate-as-dak
Old 01-12-2010, 06:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sorry you lost your original code, sounds like jrueue might have a storage solution for your codes in the future...

Seems like 2.5 amps should be sufficient, without burning up the glow plug filaments, it might take some experimention.

Hope you can get it ironed out when you get back to it.

jreue,

Glad you got the B400 tail issue solve, we have all been there, sometimes just the simplest things will trip ya up...

Not a bunch new here to talk about, except I am crossing my fingers for some nice weather, the temps are going to be there, but I just hope it doesn't bring alot of wind with it...

Glenn

Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got it working again over my lunch break. I thought I originally had 2A, but it was more like 1.4A. So I bumped it up to 2A and will try it again when I am not busy with school and work.

That is good that you are going to have some warm weather. I am supposed to get a lot more snow right around my birthday.[&o]

Nick
Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 PM
jroo

well guys, I think I have made my decision. I will be getting an Align 250. Any of you guys have one of these little guys. I'm been researching a bit and am currently watching the Finless 250 build videos. Awesome stuff!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:04 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

Helistyle has a 250 and he think he likes it.

Nick
Old 01-12-2010, 10:23 PM
rotarydoc

jreue,

I have a Gaui 200, which is similar (and Nick does as well), and they are fun little helis, for sure....but ya have to be quick on the sticks, these things are fast!

Very neat though...it will make a better pilot out of ya, that is for sure, it'll get your reflexes working, keep ya on your toes![X(]

After I fly mine, the B400 seems like SLOW MOTION!

Have a great time with it, it's a great kit, super nice quality wise, you'll be amazed compared to Eflite stuff!

Glenn
Old 01-13-2010, 12:03 AM
9sec240

I have both Gaui 200s and a Trex 250 and the T250 flies like it is twice as big as the Gaui. If you are fairly proficient with a Blade 400, the T250 will be a JOY to fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.