Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:05 AM
9sec240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

OH.. BTW, this is a SMOKIN deal on a T250. [link=http://flying-hobby.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=250&products_id=5588]Flying Hobby[/link] has the T250 with motor, ESC and cyclic servos for $169.00 This is perfect as most people like to replace the tail servo anyway.. get your own gyro and tail servo and you are set.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:59 AM
rotarydoc

Ivan,

That is an amazing deal!!

Thanks for the heads up....very tempting, esp since you say the T-250 flies alot bigger than the Gauis, I have never flown a 250....

Glenn
Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 AM
jroo

Wow! That is great!

Has anyone ever dealt with this company?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:52 AM
9sec240

Jreue, I have bought seven helicopters from Flying Hobby and have had a perfect experience each time. The price on that T250 is on the 24 Hour deal they have. It will expire in 2 hours from now. After that, it will be something new. They have deals on the T250 every few days it seems so if you miss this deal, wait a few days for it to come around again.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 AM
jroo

Combo deal is on its way!
Thanks!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:12 PM
9sec240

You will love that heli. Not sure what your plans are for batteries but Hobby City has Zippy Flightmax 800mAh 3S packs in stock which is what I fly currently. I just got some Turnigy batteries of the same size I am going to try which I think might be a bit better but they are currently out of stock. Either should be really good for the 250 unless you are doing serious 3D.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:05 PM
jroo

This morning right after I ordered the heli I ordered 2 of those Zippys! I also ordered myself a Turnigy charger and a 401B gyro.

I'm so excited!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

My LHS couldn't get my Outrage parts without having to buy a lot of them, so I had to order online. I got some fuel connectors for my fuel cap because it is really hard to get the red plastic insert out some times. Glenn you probaly know what I am saying. Then I got a Hyperion G3 LiPo for my 450, since all my batteries are pretty much shot. I am going to like the <15min charge time on that battery. I also finally got some carbon blades for the 450, so I don't have to fly with warped wooden blades again.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Did you get to fly today?

My temps got into the 40's today. It would have been perfect for flying if I had some helis to fly.

Nick
Old 01-14-2010, 12:25 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Too bad you couldn't do business with the LHS on the Velocity parts...I guess they want to buy in quantity, and you might be the only one that needs or would buy those parts...[&o]

It was still a bit chilly here, didn't get to the 40's and lots of wind still. Tomorrow and Friday look like the ticket, esp Friday, because I might go run an errand at lunch tomorrow.

I think Friday is supposed to be 48!

Cool on all the new stuff, are you going to continue with the flybarless on the 450 when you fly it?

Both the B400 and the 450 Pro have charged batteries, ready to go....not sure how ready I'll be though, it's been a couple of months!![X(]

Glenn
Old 01-14-2010, 12:38 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I will still be flying the 450 with the flybar head. I wasn't too impressed by my flybarless head and I think it is bent somewhere. The last time I tried flying it, it had a really bad wobble and the flybarless electronics amplified it and made it worse. That is why I went back to the flybar head. I think my flybar head is bent as well, but it is still flyable.

Nick
Old 01-14-2010, 12:42 AM
9sec240

Nick, what setup were you running FBL? I have been thinking about pulling my GU365 off the Gaui Hurricane 200 FES and converting one of my HK450s to FBL.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:02 AM
evdreamer

Ivan,

I had a Gaui 450 Flybarless head and the Skookum SK-360.

Nick
Old 01-15-2010, 03:52 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

My O-scope came today!!!!!!!!!! It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I never got a shipping notice, but I am just glad it was here. I didn't like that UPS just left it out in the open on my porch.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:28 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Guys,

My O-scope came today!!!!!!!!!! It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I never got a shipping notice, but I am just glad it was here. I didn't like that UPS just left it out in the open on my porch.
Congratulations on the O-Scope Nick, its time to open presents again and so soon after Christmas too! LOL

Old 01-15-2010, 07:59 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I started seeing what is going on with my electronics on the O-scope and it is pretty cool so far. I am working on my servo project again. It only took a couple of seconds for me to find out what was wrong with my programming due to the O-scope. Now I can control the servo, which is pretty cool. I can only enter in the position I want to get the servo to go to right now, but I want to be able to control it with a pot later on.

My electronic simulator software finally shipped out today. It was backordered for a month or so, so I have a lot of cool stuff on the way.

Nick
Old 01-15-2010, 09:28 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

I started seeing what is going on with my electronics on the O-scope and it is pretty cool so far. I am working on my servo project again. It only took a couple of seconds for me to find out what was wrong with my programming due to the O-scope. Now I can control the servo, which is pretty cool. I can only enter in the position I want to get the servo to go to right now, but I want to be able to control it with a pot later on.

My electronic simulator software finally shipped out today. It was backordered for a month or so, so I have a lot of cool stuff on the way.

Nick
Good news Nick. Man out fo the box and already and cooking with that puppy... cooool! That must have been twitchen to see that servo move on your comand.
Good Luck
JPEE
Old 01-15-2010, 10:08 PM
9sec240

I remember a while back a discussion about soft start on the Trex 600s. Somebody here was having issues with it. I think I later read about it being resolved. Anybody here remember the discussion and end result? My 600E CF kicks a bit when it starts up despite throttling up slowly. It is on the Align 75A ESC.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:15 AM
evdreamer

Ivan,

JPEE had a quick start with his 600, but I can't remember if he got it to slow down or not. I fly with CC ESC's, and they have a real slow start.

Guys,

I can now control a servo with a pot.!! There is a lot I can now do with that. My pot. is bad, so I didn't check if I get the full travel of the servo yet.

Nick
Old 01-16-2010, 03:15 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the O-scope and the sucess with the pot/servo project !

Glad it arrived safely....I don't know why sometimes they leave that kind of thing on the doorstep, or how they determine when it's OK to do that, seems to vary from carrier to carrier...

As long as you live in a good neighborhood, it's probably fine, I have never had an issue here.

I have heard stories in NYC they have problems with people following the trucks, and stealing packages...[X(]

Enjoy the new stuff!

Glenn
Old 01-16-2010, 11:50 AM
jroo

Got a question on blade 400 setup with the spektrum dx6i.

I just watched most of the finless bob videos. I thought my heli was set up pretty good, but with the finless recomendations, I feel that I could tame it a bit and/or make it perform better. There are some setting I have that do concern me though.

Mind you, I'm new, so I have never even been in Throttle Up mode, so none of my questions pertain to those settings...

My current 5 point Normal Pitch curve is 35, 42.5, 50, 75, 100. This gives me a low pitch of -3 degrees , mid of 0 degrees and high of 5 degrees
Finless states for a newbie, low should probably be about -2 degrees, but high at 11 degrees.

My current 5 point Normal Throttle curve is currently set 0,25,50,75,100; linear....
Finless states this is rarely ever seen, and the throttle curve should match the pitch better. He recommends 0, 50, 80, 90, 100

My current Dual Rate and Expo is
Aile - 90% - INH
Elev - 90% - INH
Rudd - 100% - INH

Finless states that to tame the cyclic down, Ishould add some positive expo; around 20 or 30%

I think I will try all these recomendations.

What do you guys think?
Should I change that full pitch from 5 to 11 too?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
9sec240

jreue, Something is not set up correctly on your heli or in the TX. If you have zero pitch at mid stick and 5 degrees at high stick, low stick should have 1.5 degrees negative pitch (35% on your throttle curve is 30% of your negative travel) What are your swash mix settings? Are you sure your head is set up correctly?

With the head set up correctly, I like a normal pitch curve of 40-45-50-75-100. This softens collective movements below mid stick and helps keep the heli from getting drilled into the ground on botched landings and quick throttle shut downs.

For a throttle curve, I prefer getting the head up to speed by mid stick and somewhat matching the curve of stunt mode. For a beginner, I would suggest a throttle curve of 0-35-70-75-80. This will keep head speed down a bit which tames cyclic response and will also lesson damage in the event of a crash. While you do lose a little bit of gyroscopic stability, it is not that much and the helicopter still flies very well.

I personally believe that it is best to set up the helicopter close to how it "should" fly when you are finally proficient. This way you do not have to keep relearning how to fly as the helicopter is changed to fly "properly"

I think that flying a helicopter with a DX6i feels like the heli has a lot of expo versus flying with a DX7. The paddle design on the B400 and their built in weights really tame the cyclic down. 25 to 30% expo is a LOT of expo. I might suggest 10 to 15%.

The Blade 400 does not run a lot of head speed. It needs a lot of pitch to feel proper on collective. I would not run less than 11 degrees of pitch.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:27 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I got 2 of my 3 helis back in flying condition. I really like my new Hyperion battery. It is nice to fly with some power again and just nice to fly again. I thought it was pretty cool my battery came in styrofoam wrap and in a box. I thought my charger would allow me to charge at 5C, but it limits me to 2C. However, it got done charging in 16min. I think I am really going to like my new fuel adaptors for my gallon of fuel. Now I can just plug my pump right into the fuel line without having to take the fuel cap off again.

Nick
Old 01-16-2010, 08:57 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

I remember a while back a discussion about soft start on the Trex 600s. Somebody here was having issues with it. I think I later read about it being resolved. Anybody here remember the discussion and end result? My 600E CF kicks a bit when it starts up despite throttling up slowly. It is on the Align 75A ESC.
Hello Ivan,

My 600 had starting issues when I because it was used and I di dnot do the set up. It was not in soft start so everytime I moved the throttle stick forward there was a jolting start and most times the blades would fold back. Once I got in there I found the manual on how to adjust the ESC I went through the set up and now she starts much softer but nothing like the "real" soft start a Blade 400 has but really improved. While there in that mode of bench work I took the 500ESP and did the same with it and that tamed down its start ups too.

JPEE
Old 01-16-2010, 09:08 PM
jroo

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

jreue, Something is not set up correctly on your heli or in the TX. If you have zero pitch at mid stick and 5 degrees at high stick, low stick should have 1.5 degrees negative pitch (35% on your throttle curve is 30% of your negative travel) What are your swash mix settings? Are you sure your head is set up correctly?
My swash settings are
AILE -75%
ELEV -75%
PITCH +85%

As far as my head set up correctly....eh, i guess? Imean the only thing i have done is hovered, and it hovers good. Well, I suppose. It feels ok, but I don't know any different.

With the head set up correctly, I like a normal pitch curve of 40-45-50-75-100. This softens collective movements below mid stick and helps keep the heli from getting drilled into the ground on botched landings and quick throttle shut downs.
Well, my pitch curve is just the default one that comes shipped with the Blade 400. Ithink what is more important is the actual pitch of the blades right? I mean you can have a 40 at low stick and 100 at high, but no telling what the actual pitch is considering the linkages can be adjusted...

What low and high pitch do you suggest?

For a throttle curve, I prefer getting the head up to speed by mid stick and somewhat matching the curve of stunt mode. For a beginner, I would suggest a throttle curve of 0-35-70-75-80. This will keep head speed down a bit which tames cyclic response and will also lesson damage in the event of a crash. While you do lose a little bit of gyroscopic stability, it is not that much and the helicopter still flies very well.
Makes sence.

I personally believe that it is best to set up the helicopter close to how it "should" fly when you are finally proficient. This way you do not have to keep relearning how to fly as the helicopter is changed to fly "properly"

I think that flying a helicopter with a DX6i feels like the heli has a lot of expo versus flying with a DX7. The paddle design on the B400 and their built in weights really tame the cyclic down. 25 to 30% expo is a LOT of expo. I might suggest 10 to 15%.

Cool. I have mine set to 15%

The Blade 400 does not run a lot of head speed. It needs a lot of pitch to feel proper on collective. I would not run less than 11 degrees of pitch.
Ok, so make the linkage changes to modify High pitch from my current 5 to 11 degrees correct?
I mean, I did but this heli used, so I never experienced the 'real default settings'. Do you think the original high pitch suppose to be 11 degrees and the previous owner lowered it?

Again. thanks mucho!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.